Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,817 members, 7,813,698 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1601) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1622441 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1598) (1599) (1600) (1601) (1602) (1603) (1604) ... (2206) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 02, 2020
A40:

That can be counted on one finger. There's literally never been a series anybody outscored him
But they did happen nonetheless. Stop behaving as if he did everything on his own.

Rebounds? Blocks? Steals? Better free throw shooter that's hella of a lighter workload. Just using your argument
Of course it is. It is a hell of a luxury to have AD. Just like having Pippen was.

Your error would be in assuming Jordan would even go down 3-1 to those Warriors to begin with. Hell they wouldn't even sniff the Finals if KD and co didn't fumble their bag in the first place
They won 73 games in a non expansion era with a unanimous MVP. Them coming back from 3-1 down was no fluke. I'd love to see what jordan would have done when klay started raining down those 3's in game 6. Maybe he'll send Pippen to guard him.

Don't bring up 2007 please where you beat two .500 squads and voila you land in the Conference Finals. Jordan makes the Finals in that watery East and doesn't shoot 38% from the field and average 5 turnovers per game in the Finals either
Lmao a 22 year old leading a team past a pistons team with one of the most stifling defenses of all time. Scoring all of his teams last 29 points. Nothing impressive. I'd love to have seen MJ against a team like the Spurs as his teams only offensive option. Too bad he never faced a team half as good in the finals.

How so? Prime Shaq never won without a good wing player. What was Prime Shaq looking at at 27 when Tim Duncan came and swept him and beat him to a title

Lool what do you do with Shaq in the 4th quarter of a close game? you hack him ad nauseum. And he can't even make free throws. What are you talking about winning a game with anybody other than Jordan? What a joke
Prime Shaq was 2000-2002. They hacked him to death and still couldn't stop him. That Shaq would be the best player on the court with anyone else on the court.

MJ and AD will swarm the Warriors and constrict them on defense it would be painful to watch. Maybe you have forgotten Steph's numbers in the clutch

Kawhi and Lamarcus Aldridge were destroying the Warriors in their building by over 20pts Game 1 before Zaza stomped his foot and ruined the series in 2017.
Lmao Its funny how Skip Bayless managed to convince people the Spurs stood a chance against that warriors team. They would have possibly still lost that game and definitely lost that series. Kawhi or not.

Maybe if they had a Jordan like player in their system they wouldn't be without a chip. Made 2's >>> Missed 3's.

AD took 21 shots the other day. Only 4 were 3's
They lost because they made their 2s and bricked their 3s. Dont know how he would have helped with that.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 11:13am On Oct 02, 2020
WeissVonner:

If you;re naive enough to ignore the sort of influence LeBron wields over the players thats on you. Besides, this is another straw man. Point is you claimed Bron wanted to end the season which is a bold faced lie.

You even get time to argue with am sef
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:13am On Oct 02, 2020
A40:

You're overrating LeNomad's role in all of this is the point. Nobody is playing because he wanted to play. This is still the long and short of the argument. When it came down to it in the bubble it was still his team that were one of those that wanted out of the bubble. This is fact.
Lol. They wanted out of the bubble but changed their minds a few hours later?

You guys are relentless with the excuses at this point. Which Football was on air on Wednesday? Even hockey is over so why is the NBA Finals ratings lower than a documentary on events that took place 22 years ago.

Two of the biggest media markets in the league are playing the NBA Finals with nothing else on TV yet the Finals still did poverty numbers

On court or off court the gap is insurmountable. It's even significantly worse off court because MJ was pretty much bigger than the game.
Lmao what? Miami is a mid market at best and a massive underdog. Same reason the 2007 finals was a ratings disaster. You think if LeBron decides to do a documentary 20 years from now it wouldnt pull massive ratings? You watch the NBA everyday, the last dance was a rare documentary about one of sports most iconic figures.

Lmaoo una fit kill person for this place. grin

Magic had as many shots as turnovers in a game they won by 2 but he was 'torching' MJ. Scott Storch ni.

In Game 2 the only reason he was off Magic was because of foul trouble. Arrrgh you people just pick up any myth and run with it. Pippen fouled out in Game 3. It was still MJ that was Magic's primary defender all through overtime and Magic went 0-0-0 with a turnover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFtj8ovhp48

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLa2NoCwUKY

If una repeat this lie 100 times e no fit still change to truth

Fact of the matter is the momentum switched immediately Pippen was switched on Magic in game 2.

This were his stats against the Bulls. He was his best when MJ was guarding him. He was killing him in the post especially.

player poss TS% PTS AST TOV FGA FTA F drawn
Jordan 253 73,2 20,3 16,1 4,5 9,4 10,1 6,4
Pippen 102 64,9 20,5 11,2 4,7 12,1 8,4 7,5
no one 031 26,5 15,3 12,3 3,1 27,6 3,1 0
Horace 010 0,00 0,00 19,0 28,5 38,0 0,0 0
others 017 68,5 67,1 16,8 5,6 39,1 22,0 22,4

I wouldn't even touch on the blocks and steals which are so infinitesimal they don't deserve any attention.

I have shown you that in 3 of 6 title wins MJ led in either points and rebounds or points and assists. The totality banter is an argument you have to have with yourself. If Pippen was doing his job like you claim then MJ should not still be leading in these categories 50% of the time
Lol. If the totality of their stats during their championship wins shows pippen leading him in every stat other than points, he did his job.

MJ is arguably the greatest iso scorer in history. Pretty sure most of his buckets would have been unassisted. Besides MJ was a 6 assists per game guy. The guy averaged 11 asts in a Finals series before. Lets not act like passing was a weakness. Who set up Paxson and Kerr?

Dude, you just claimed assists and rebounds dont matter.

They got to the same stage the Bulls did. Within a game of the Eastern Finals. Without Bosh!!

Wade and Bosh were constantly injured? Did they miss any game in 2014 playoffs? Please drop these excuses
I'm talking about both regular season and post season. And the team in 2015 was much different, added a bunch of new players. Still fell short.

Doesn't matter. They could still have beaten them. Tim Duncan and David Robinson did. Tim Duncan was a baby in the league and Robinson was super washed at that point.

Scottie did not bring more than what a normal Robin should bring to the table. Don't compare him to the likes of a Wade who was winning whole ass rings
Timmy was averaging 21 and 11 and was already one of the best in the league. If David Robinson was super washed at 34, keep the same energy for the rockets team. Pippen was a top 10 player in the NBA in the 90s. Better than Kyrie was or wade after the knee surgery. That was enough to put MJ over the top. Its who you are as well as who you're up against. MJ pippen was easily the best of a few dynamic duos in the league.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 11:14am On Oct 02, 2020
WeissVonner:

When someone references the number of points Rodman scored during an argument it really just points to their lack of knowledge of basketball.
We call them box score fans grin

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:18am On Oct 02, 2020
steady986:

We call them box score fans grin

cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 11:19am On Oct 02, 2020
A40:
Pepper them? He wasn't there when Jordan swept these same Pistons and sent them all to premature retirement? Obviously he didn't pepper them enough then.

MJ won a whole 3peat without Rodman. In 97 the Bulls won a title with Rodman averaging 2 and 7 in the Finals grin grin.

Nice try though

You know Rodman wasn't brought in to score. He was brought in to be a defensive beast and monster and a pest and dirty-job man all rolled into one.

Someone who could free up MJ and Pippen to finish off opponents. Someone who could add the x-factor of the Pistons' ruggedness and dirtiness to the Bull's finesse. Someone who would make them truly unbeatable.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 02, 2020
“They've all, opponents and coaches, helped me get to this point where I am today, to a point where I have no weakness, offensively or defensively, to where if I can read a defense, I can exploit it. I can put myself in a position to be successful. It doesn't mean that the ball goes in all the time, but there's nothing out on the floor that I cannot do at this point in my career.

That's all because of the competition, the adversity, the losses and everything I've been through throughout the course of my career. At that point in time I say I've got to work on this because that's what they're allowing me to have; now I've got to work on this because they're shutting this down in my game. It's just, like I said, the best teacher in life is life experience, and I've experienced it all.”

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 4:34pm On Oct 02, 2020
Not that there's any comparison about their clutchness but I just thought I should drop this here.

So when I made a case for Westbrook having some of the ball in clutch time when they were both at OKC, this is the reason why.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:13pm On Oct 02, 2020
steady986:
Not that there's any comparison about their clutchness but I just thought I should drop this here.

So when I made a case for Westbrook having some of the ball in clutch time when they were both at OKC, this is the reason why.

I will say first hand though, when KD hit that dagger 3 in game 3 against the cavs in 2017, that was one of the worst sports moments of my life. I still have nightmares of that shot. But it begs the question, where was all of that big shot making and mean mugging when he went 3-1 up against the warriors?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 02, 2020
Where does AD rank amongst all time power forwards? My ranking:

Timmy D
KG
Karl Malone
Dirk
Barkley

AD will win DPOY next year and possibly MVP. If he can get those two accolades, he will earn a seat at the table.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:28pm On Oct 02, 2020
WeissVonner:
Where does AD rank amongst all time power forwards? My ranking:

Timmy D
KG
Karl Malone
Dirk
Barkley

AD will win DPOY next year and possibly MVP. If he can get those two accolades, he will earn a seat at the table.

Oh man! You know how much I love/ stan AD but I am not sure he has the body of work to unseat any of those 5 up there even if he wins DPOY and MVP next year. He is definetly the best PF in the league, no questions asked. Those cats up there put in a lot of work and are all timers! Don't get me wrong, AD is an alltimer for this generation but in comparison to those cats? I need him to do more in the next 4 years at least.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 02, 2020
Roland17:

Oh man! You know how much I love/ stan AD but I am not sure he has the body of work to unseat any of those 5 up there even if he wins DPOY and MVP next year. He is definetly the best PF in the league, no questions asked. Those cats up there put in a lot of work and are all timers! Don't get me wrong, AD is an alltimer for this generation but in comparison to those cats? I need him to do more in the next 4 years at least.

Of course thats assuming he continues to put up the numbers he has over the past few years. More All star teams, first all NBA teams and first all defensive teams. The only person up there who will be hard/impossible for him to catch is Tim Duncan, who is a top 10 player all time. Think about it, most of these guys have 1 MVP trophy and maybe 1 championship or DPOY. Its definitely feasible for him to put up just as good of a resume.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:03pm On Oct 02, 2020
WeissVonner:

Of course thats assuming he continues to put up the numbers he has over the past few years. More All star teams, first all NBA teams and first all defensive teams. The only person up there who will be hard/impossible for him to catch is Tim Duncan, who is a top 10 player all time. Think about it, most of these guys have 1 MVP trophy and maybe 1 championship or DPOY. Its definitely feasible for him to put up just as good of a resume.

I agree with you and that is why I said I need to see him continue to build a strong resume with his body of work over the next 4 years and stay healthy. He is unplayable and a matchup nightmare for any team. Along with Timmy, I will add KG to that impossible to catch guys, not necessarily because he was Celtic but the consistency with what he did from his Timberwolves days to Celtics! There was no drop..
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:26pm On Oct 02, 2020
DeeMain:

You know Rodman wasn't brought in to score. He was brought in to be a defensive beast and monster and a pest and dirty-job man all rolled into one.

Someone who could free up MJ and Pippen to finish off opponents. Someone who could add the x-factor of the Pistons' ruggedness and dirtiness to the Bull's finesse. Someone who would make them truly unbeatable.

So they were not unbeatable after winning the first 3 peat?

Every single team in the history of basketball have had a Rodman like player. Don't try to paint him like some star. He was 36 when he came over and not even in his prime.

In 97 they won the title with little or no contribution from Rodman
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:28pm On Oct 02, 2020
WeissVonner:

When someone references the number of points Rodman scored during an argument it really just points to their lack of knowledge of basketball.
You're talking in the nonsense. I listed his contributions (pts and rebs) in totality with the low minutes he averaged in previous posts as well. Just talking in the nonsense

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:32pm On Oct 02, 2020
WeissVonner:

Sometimes the appropriate legal action results in a fine or a settlement for assault. That's not stealing, its compensation. If it was anyone other than this piece of sh-t then sure. But she deserves every dime and more.
What Dre's ex wife tried to do was stealing and thankfully common sense prevailed. Fairness over personal feelings and emotions. She didn't deserve a cent

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:35pm On Oct 02, 2020
WeissVonner:

If you;re naive enough to ignore the sort of influence LeBron wields over the players thats on you. Besides, this is another straw man. Point is you claimed Bron wanted to end the season which is a bold faced lie.

Like the Nuggets coach said. Nobody really cares what Pat Beverley has to say.

Where did I claim LeNomad wanted to end the season. I know you lie for fun so this will not be beneath you. I want to see you prove where I said LeNomad wanted the season over.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:00pm On Oct 02, 2020
WeissVonner:

Lol. They wanted out of the bubble but changed their minds a few hours later?
The human mind is incapable of change or what is this joke of a question

WeissVonner:

Lmao what? Miami is a mid market at best and a massive underdog. Same reason the 2007 finals was a ratings disaster. You think if LeBron decides to do a documentary 20 years from now it wouldnt pull massive ratings? You watch the NBA everyday, the last dance was a rare documentary about one of sports most iconic figures.
Miami is a 3 time Champion they have a huge fan base. Laughable that you compare a Finals between LA/Miami to San Antonio vs Cleveland. Just laughable

WeissVonner:

Lmaoo una fit kill person for this place. grin

Fact of the matter is the momentum switched immediately Pippen was switched on Magic in game 2.

This were his stats against the Bulls. He was his best when MJ was guarding him. He was killing him in the post especially.

player poss TS% PTS AST TOV FGA FTA F drawn
Jordan 253 73,2 20,3 16,1 4,5 9,4 10,1 6,4
Pippen 102 64,9 20,5 11,2 4,7 12,1 8,4 7,5
no one 031 26,5 15,3 12,3 3,1 27,6 3,1 0
Horace 010 0,00 0,00 19,0 28,5 38,0 0,0 0
others 017 68,5 67,1 16,8 5,6 39,1 22,0 22,4
I thought you said all MJ did was guard undersized guards. You can see from this your so called stats that MJ was the primary defender on Magic not Pippen thus no momentum was changed in the series like you erroneously claimed. So why did you lie that any kind of momentum shifted when MJ was still Magic's primary defender for the entire series. Smh

You're still talking about momentum when you can literally see that MJ guarded him almost 3 times more than Scottie did

If I didn't dig into the crates for those clips that is how you would mislead the public

So what happened to this momentum when Pippen fouled out and MJ had to check Magic and come back from a late deficit to force overtime in Game 3. Why do you lot cap unprovoked? Why??

WeissVonner:

Lol. If the totality of their stats during their championship wins shows pippen leading him in every stat other than points, he did his job.
Story. That is an amateur way to analyse stats. Explain why in 3 of 6 title wins MJ led in either points or rebounds or points and assists.

MJ should not lead in anything other than points in any of the seasons if Pippen did his job
WeissVonner:

Dude, you just claimed assists and rebounds dont matter.
They don't matter as much as scoring

WeissVonner:

I'm talking about both regular season and post season. And the team in 2015 was much different, added a bunch of new players. Still fell short.
They added players because they lost players. Duhh! You think a healthy Wade and Bosh wouldn't beat the Raptors? Jokes

WeissVonner:

Timmy was averaging 21 and 11 and was already one of the best in the league. If David Robinson was super washed at 34, keep the same energy for the rockets team. Pippen was a top 10 player in the NBA in the 90s. Better than Kyrie was or wade after the knee surgery. That was enough to put MJ over the top. Its who you are as well as who you're up against. MJ pippen was easily the best of a few dynamic duos in the league.
Not an excuse. Hakeem, Olajuwon and Pippen were enough to get to a conference Final at least. If one young pup and a washed Robinson could sweep the Lakers then a younger Pippen with two grizzled veterans should have led the team if he was that dude.

Pippen couldn't do what Kyrie had to do to get Cleveland back into that series. Pippen was 43% from the field in the playoffs. Let that sink in. a 17 ppg scorer on 43% shooting.

Imagine MJ with a second best player able to outscore the best player on the other team. An unanimous MVP no less
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:44pm On Oct 02, 2020
WeissVonner:

Sometimes the appropriate legal action results in a fine or a settlement for assault. That's not stealing, its compensation. If it was anyone other than this piece of sh-t then sure. But she deserves every dime and more.

Dre never said he wasn't going to give her some money but she was just being greedy and the judge could see through the prayers from her lawyer. He is willing to pay her $2M in spousal support which is fair.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:46pm On Oct 02, 2020
WeissVonner:

But they did happen nonetheless. Stop behaving as if he did everything on his own.
No one ever said this though

WeissVonner:

They won 73 games in a non expansion era with a unanimous MVP. Them coming back from 3-1 down was no fluke. I'd love to see what jordan would have done when klay started raining down those 3's in game 6. Maybe he'll send Pippen to guard him.
Are you talking of that time we had teams openly tanking? Lol. Them coming back was a complete fluke. They had the Warriors dead to rights and if not for these generation of athletes being such supreme chokers that series should have ended 4-1

FFS they blew them out by a combined 52pts in Games 3 and 4.

Did you know KD shot 8/24 and 10/30 from the field in both those wins. You think MJ in the middle of his basketball prime blows a 3-1 lead to Klay and Steph? Lmaoooooooooo

WeissVonner:

Lmao a 22 year old leading a team past a pistons team with one of the most stifling defenses of all time. Scoring all of his teams last 29 points. Nothing impressive. I'd love to have seen MJ against a team like the Spurs as his teams only offensive option. Too bad he never faced a team half as good in the finals.
Did you just say stifling of all-time? Don't make me cry please. They had lost their best defender and rim protector Ben Wallace the previous season. Their record was so mid they would be 4th seed out West. Dfkm grin grin

Wasn't it bosom Gibson that closed out the series while your boy shot 3/11 from the field and was padding stats as per usual.

The Spurs were so good 2 of their 4 wins against this terrible Cleveland team were by a combined 3 points.

Let me give you LeNomad's shooting in those games.

10/30
9/23

Team's only offensive option but we had games in the series where literally 3 players on his team made more FGs than he did. He completely wrecked his team's chances with his calamitous shooting

WeissVonner:

Prime Shaq was 2000-2002. They hacked him to death and still couldn't stop him. That Shaq would be the best player on the court with anyone else on the court.
Prime Shaq could be hacked and forced to go to the foul line. What could you do with prime MJ? Nothing.

WeissVonner:

Lmao Its funny how Skip Bayless managed to convince people the Spurs stood a chance against that warriors team. They would have possibly still lost that game and definitely lost that series. Kawhi or not.
Skip Bayless? Weren't they down by over 20pts? What proof do you have that they stood a chance if not for that injury. You literally cannot prove this. They were coasting to a Game 1 victory then Kawhi got hurt. Same way you lot swear Toronto doesn't win if KD doesn't get hurt. Let's keep this same energy now

WeissVonner:

They lost because they made their 2s and bricked their 3s. Dont know how he would have helped with that.
No. They lost because they didn't take fewer 3's . They passed up 81 straight points because they did nothing other than spam the 3 ball

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 8:11pm On Oct 02, 2020
A40:
So they were not unbeatable after winning the first 3 peat?

Every single team in the history of basketball have had a Rodman like player. Don't try to paint him like some star. He was 36 when he came over and not even in his prime.

In 97 they won the title with little or no contribution from Rodman

They were struggling after MJ came back. Other teams were ready for them. The best rebounder in the game and baddest defender in the NBA, Bad Boy Dennis Rodman came to their rescue.

This is no secret. A little googling will reveal this to you. And The Last Dance confirmed this.

Facts.

No Rodman no 2nd 3 peat.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:43pm On Oct 02, 2020
WeissVonner:

I will say first hand though, when KD hit that dagger 3 in game 3 against the cavs in 2017, that was one of the worst sports moments of my life. I still have nightmares of that shot. But it begs the question, where was all of that big shot making and mean mugging when he went 3-1 up against the warriors?
He was starstruck smiley
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:46pm On Oct 02, 2020
A40:
Like the Nuggets coach said. Nobody really cares what Pat Beverley has to say.

Where did I claim LeNomad wanted to end the season. I know you lie for fun so this will not be beneath you. I want to see you prove where I said LeNomad wanted the season over.

It seems you keep losing touch of the arguments you're pushing.

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:49pm On Oct 02, 2020
A40:
What Dre's ex wife tried to do was stealing and thankfully common sense prevailed. Fairness over personal feelings and emotions. She didn't deserve a cent

In one sentence you say "fairness over personal feelings and emotions" and in the next you immediately claim she doesn't deserve a cent. Maybe you should take your advice.

She was his wife for over two decades. Gave him multiple children and evidently endured immense physical and emotional abuse. Her getting some sort of financial compensation is fair.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:53pm On Oct 02, 2020
A40:
You're talking in the nonsense. I listed his contributions (pts and rebs) in totality with the low minutes he averaged in previous posts as well. Just talking in the nonsense

Why would you ever reference points when talking about his contributions when you know damn well that has nothing to do with why he's in the hall of fame. Its like bringing up Steph Curry and mentioning how many blocks he had. Rodman was an elite defender and rebounder. Led the league in rebounds in the regular season throughout the second three peat and averaged over 30 minutes per game during the playoffs. Why are you old heads intent on rewriting history?

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:53pm On Oct 02, 2020
WeissVonner:

It seems you keep losing touch of the arguments you're pushing.
Busted grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:15pm On Oct 02, 2020
A40:

The human mind is incapable of change or what is this joke of a question
So a team hell bent on ending the season decides against it hours later. Maybe they never wanted it to end in the first place.

Miami is a 3 time Champion they have a huge fan base. Laughable that you compare a Finals between LA/Miami to San Antonio vs Cleveland. Just laughable
They are also a massive underdog and NBA ratings have been abysmal for a while now. Of course this is the lowest rated finals game in a long time.

I thought you said all MJ did was guard undersized guards. You can see from this your so called stats that MJ was the primary defender on Magic not Pippen thus no momentum was changed in the series like you erroneously claimed. So why did you lie that any kind of momentum shifted when MJ was still Magic's primary defender for the entire series. Smh

You're still talking about momentum when you can literally see that MJ guarded him almost 3 times more than Scottie did

If I didn't dig into the crates for those clips that is how you would mislead the public

So what happened to this momentum when Pippen fouled out and MJ had to check Magic and come back from a late deficit to force overtime in Game 3. Why do you lot cap unprovoked? Why??
Well with the way he guarded Magic he was certainly not winning any DPOY thats for sure. He's better off against the Jeff Hornaceks and John Stocktons.

The Bulls literally lost game 1, were losing game 2 until Pippen switched over to Magic, of course there was a momentum shift. The adjustment Phil made was to ensure Pippen saw a lot more time on Magic rather than have MJ almost exclusively guard him,

Why are old heads really pushing fairy tales man? cheesy

Story. That is an amateur way to analyse stats. Explain why in 3 of 6 title wins MJ led in either points or rebounds or points and assists.

MJ should not lead in anything other than points in any of the seasons if Pippen did his job
Pippen was a swiss army knife and his duties shifted depending on what the team needed from him. If he wasnt leading in any of these categories he was certainly lifting a major load on that department. Again in total, he leads in accumulated stats under categories other than scoring.

They don't matter as much as scoring
Lol! This is inane. If a team isnt getting rebounds they give up second chance opportunities and cant get them for themselves, thats giving away points and leaving them on the table. If you cant create shots for role players who cant create them for themselves you're losing points. They're just as important.

They added players because they lost players. Duhh! You think a healthy Wade and Bosh wouldn't beat the Raptors? Jokes
Post 2014 D Wade? Lol! No they wouldn't. Not without reinforcements.

Not an excuse. Hakeem, Olajuwon and Pippen were enough to get to a conference Final at least. If one young pup and a washed Robinson could sweep the Lakers then a younger Pippen with two grizzled veterans should have led the team if he was that dude.
What? You keep saying Young Pup as if its not Tim friggin Duncan led by Greg Friggin Popovich. Not to mention how trash their depth was.

Pippen couldn't do what Kyrie had to do to get Cleveland back into that series. Pippen was 43% from the field in the playoffs. Let that sink in. a 17 ppg scorer on 43% shooting.

magine MJ with a second best player able to outscore the best player on the other team. An unanimous MVP no less
You're fixated on scoring. Its like saying Jordan Clarkson is better than Draymond because he scores more. There's a lot more to basketball than scoring. Players like LeBron can score 12 points and still dominate a game.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 10:09pm On Oct 02, 2020
WeissVonner:

Why would you ever reference points when talking about his contributions when you know damn well that has nothing to do with why he's in the hall of fame. Its like bringing up Steph Curry and mentioning how many blocks he had. Rodman was an elite defender and rebounder. Led the league in rebounds in the regular season throughout the second three peat and averaged over 30 minutes per game during the playoffs. Why are you old heads intent on rewriting history?

2 Defensive Player of the Year awards, 7 All-Defensive First Teams. Won the rebounding title 7 times. Averaged 13.1 rebounds per game. Holder of an NBA-record 159 games with 20-plus rebounds.

A monster of a defender who had no limits defense wise.

His name is Dennis Rodman. Call his name.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:11pm On Oct 02, 2020
DeeMain:

2 Defensive Player of the Year awards, 7 All-Defensive First Teams. Won the rebounding title 7 times. Averaged 13.1 rebounds per game. Holder of an NBA-record 159 games with 20-plus rebounds.

A monster of a defender who had no limits defense wise.

His name is Dennis Rodman. Call his name.

But he averaged 2 points in a finals series. Hes obviously useless.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 10:15pm On Oct 02, 2020
WeissVonner:

grin
Re: The NBA Begins by xwolverine: 11:58pm On Oct 02, 2020
steady986:

You even get time to argue with am sef

Someone that referenced Rodman's FGM as a reason why he is not a top player, is not one you should be talking basketball with. It's like saying Patrick Viera is not an important part of the Invincibles because he didn't score as much as Henry.

I would have refused to engage in any conversation the moment he started calling another man Lenormad like a scorned ex. grin grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by xwolverine: 12:00am On Oct 03, 2020
WeissVonner:

As useless as Draymond on the Warriors grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1598) (1599) (1600) (1601) (1602) (1603) (1604) ... (2206) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.