Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1613) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1629758 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1610) (1611) (1612) (1613) (1614) (1615) (1616) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 11:49am On Oct 11, 2020
AD is learning from his senior brother. grin grin
A40:
AD has been probable and questionable every game for this season. I hope the Heat don't down tool and fall for such scam. AD will play
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:53am On Oct 11, 2020
benji93:
Can you answer this question. Did you watch the 1992 finals in real time? cheesy.@nairalmaniac asked you that question, but you dodged it. cheesy. Answer it please.

The best player on that Blazers team scored 4 more points than Pippen. Their second best player was, wait for it... Jerome Kersey. cheesy

You old people need to be ashamed of yourselves. cheesy

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:54am On Oct 11, 2020
This dude really brought up the 92 Blazers like he was doing something. cheesy

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:05pm On Oct 11, 2020
Dude, MJs robin was better than the batman on that Blazers team. What are you people even talking about?

These are the same lads who love to bring up the "leastern conference" BTW.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 12:16pm On Oct 11, 2020
Ofcourse google is our friend. cheesy. IThat was just banter. Besides i don't really believe in the statement, "did you watch it in real time"?. Most of the stats you need for a deep analysis were available. Match ups, e.t.c. Perhaps you can go one step back to the western conference finals. They beat the Utah jazz with Malone and Stockton, a team they dispatched in 6 games. 3 of their players were averaging 20 points per game. Only one of them, Drexler averaged over 20 points in the series against MJ's bulls. Terry Porter and Drexler were averaging field goal percents of about 55% and 47% respectively in the previous serie, you may want to check their averages in their series against the Bulls. There's your MJ factor. cheesy
WeissVonner:

The best player on that Blazers team scored 4 more points than Pippen. Their second best player was, wait for it... Jerome Kersey. cheesy

You old people need to be ashamed of yourselves. cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 12:23pm On Oct 11, 2020
Man, are you alright? cheesy. When people talk about the eastern conference, which era/period do you think they are referring to? You must think the eastern conference has been the same for 30 years. Are you kidding me.
WeissVonner:
Dude, MJs robin was better than the batman on that Blazers team. What are you people even talking about?

These are the same lads who love to bring up the "leastern conference" BTW.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:28pm On Oct 11, 2020
Hahahaha if MJ is 6-9 then LeNomad is 3-13 grin grin

How would LeNomad lose in the first round when he was facing a bunch of .500 teams or not making the playoffs at all

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:38pm On Oct 11, 2020
benji93:
Man, are you alright? cheesy. When people talk about the eastern conference, which era/period do you think they are referring to? You must think the eastern conference has been the same for 30 years. Are you kidding me.

You say leastern conference to discredit LeBrons path to the finals when your man was playing tin cans in the finals. You lot are shameless.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 11, 2020
A40:
Hahahaha if MJ is 6-9 then LeNomad is 3-13 grin grin

How would LeNomad lose in the first round when he was facing a bunch of .500 teams or not making the playoffs at all
So he also had a losing record for his career.

How would Michael lose in the finals when he was facing corned beef cans?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:40pm On Oct 11, 2020
benji93:
Ofcourse google is our friend. cheesy. IThat was just banter. Besides i don't really believe in the statement, "did you watch it in real time"?. Most of the stats you need for a deep analysis were available. Match ups, e.t.c. Perhaps you can go one step back to the western conference finals. They beat the Utah jazz with Malone and Stockton, a team they dispatched in 6 games. 3 of their players were averaging 20 points per game. Only one of them, Drexler averaged over 20 points in the series against MJ's bulls. Terry Porter and Drexler were averaging field goal percents of about 55% and 47% respectively in the previous serie, you may want to check their averages in their series against the Bulls. There's your MJ factor. cheesy

MJ factor indeed. Beating glorified scrubs in the finals.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:40pm On Oct 11, 2020
benji93:
Lmaoooo since we are shittin on teams and belittling them

I raise you the 16 Warriors. The team that Bronsexuals swear deified him. The so-called 'best team of all-time'

But oops what do we have here? The second best player on the Cavs outscoring the best player on the Warriors by 4.5 points grin

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:41pm On Oct 11, 2020
WeissVonner:

So he also had a losing record for his career.

How would Michael lose in the finals when he was facing corned beef cans?
The real cans

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:44pm On Oct 11, 2020
A40:
Lmaoooo since we are shittin on teams and belittling them

I raise you the 16 Warriors. The team that Bronsexuals swear deified him. The so-called 'best team of all-time'

But oops what do we have here? The second best player on the Cavs outscoring the best player on the Warriors by 4.5 points grin

Yeah the team with four (maybe five) hall of famers compared to a team with one. A team with 57 wins in an expansion era compared to the team with 73 in the modern era. You have to be kidding me.

Like I said, your man built his legacy against bonafide scrubs. No doubt about it, his conference was tougher than the finals and that obviously reflected on the finals record you lot love to glorify.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:45pm On Oct 11, 2020
Lool. I'm not done

LeNomad's Robin was better than the Batman on the Spurs and Warriors. Wild

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 11, 2020
A40:
The real cans

LOL I have never blamed him for losing in the first round, but if we will blame LeBron for losing to better teams in the finals then by your logic we should blame MJ for losing in the first round.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 11, 2020
A40:
Lool. I'm not done

LeNomad's Robin was better than the Batman on the Spurs and Warriors. Wild

A dynasty with four HOFs and a HOF coach that goes ten men deep against LeBron and one legged D Wade and Bosh. Wow, you really showed us. cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:48pm On Oct 11, 2020
There's zero doubt in my mind this Miami heat team will gentleman sweep that Blazers team.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:00pm On Oct 11, 2020
WeissVonner:

Yeah the team with four (maybe five) hall of famers compared to a team with one. A team with 57 wins in an expansion era compared to the team with 73 in the modern era. You have to be kidding me.

Like I said, your man built his legacy against bonafide scrubs. No doubt about it, his conference was tougher than the finals and that obviously reflected on the finals record you lot love to glorify.
When MJ beat the Lakers and Pistons with a combined 6 all-stars and HOFers in their lineup with Scottie Pippen in his second year as a decent second option where was this energy?

Who cares what their accolades is? The bottom line is they didn't play like it so your argument is moot.

MJ played in an era with the most dominant Center of all-time a guy you swear is the most dominant unstoppable force of nature we have ever seen in basketball. Swept him

MJ played with the GOAT PG. Arguably 3 of the top 5 all-time greatest PGs are from MJ's era

MJ played with the second greatest SF of all-time. Some Boston fans will tell you he was the greatest SF

Beat the team that beat the greatest PF of all-time

But yet he faced scrubs. The cognitive dissonance is hilarious
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:08pm On Oct 11, 2020
WeissVonner:

A dynasty with four HOFs and a HOF coach that goes ten men deep against LeBron and one legged D Wade and Bosh. Wow, you really showed us. cheesy
Ten deep? Lmaoooo all you niggas do is lie.

LeNomad needed 3 HOFs, to beat 37,36, 32 year old niggas and Kawhi Leonard in his second year in the league.

This one legged D-Wade averaged 20-4-5 as the second best player on his team. LeNomad's Robin was better than the other team's Batman in two of his 3 title wins
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:26pm On Oct 11, 2020
A40:
When MJ beat the Lakers and Pistons with a combined 6 all-stars and HOFers in their lineup with Scottie Pippen in his second year as a decent second option where was this energy?

Who cares what their accolades is? The bottom line is they didn't play like it so your argument is moot.

MJ played in an era with the most dominant Center of all-time a guy you swear is the most dominant unstoppable force of nature we have ever seen in basketball. Swept him

MJ played with the GOAT PG. Arguably 3 of the top 5 all-time greatest PGs are from MJ's era

MJ played with the second greatest SF of all-time. Some Boston fans will tell you he was the greatest SF

Beat the team that beat the greatest PF of all-time

But yet he faced scrubs. The cognitive dissonance is hilarious

LOL Magic on his last legs with HIV and an injured James worthy. The cadavers of the showtime Lakers are by far the best team he beat in the finals.

Meanwhile you mention all these greats who played on different teams against MJ, Bron played against the GOAT shooter and arguably the second greatest PG of all time, then a top 3/4 SF all time and arguably the GOAT scorer, then the second greatest shooter of all time and one of the most versatile defenders of all time along with another arguable HOFamer all on the SAME TEAM. Compared to these guys, your man beat a pac of bums!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 11, 2020
A40:

Ten deep? Lmaoooo all you niggas do is lie.

LeNomad needed 3 HOFs, to beat 37,36, 32 year old niggas and Kawhi Leonard in his second year in the league.

This one legged D-Wade averaged 20-4-5 as the second best player on his team. LeNomad's Robin was better than the other team's Batman in two of his 3 title wins

Duncan
Parker
Ginobli
Kawhi
then role players like splitter, Diaw, Danny Green etc off the top of my head. This team of old men, were the one seed in the western conference you lot rave about. Dude, that team lost 2 games in the playoffs in the western conference.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:39pm On Oct 11, 2020
WeissVonner:

LOL I have never blamed him for losing in the first round, but if we will blame LeBron for losing to better teams in the finals then by your logic we should blame MJ for losing in the first round.
Good so MJ is 6-9 and LeNomad is 3-13
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:40pm On Oct 11, 2020
A40:
Good so MJ is 6-9 and LeNomad is 3-13

Both losing records. Point is its shouldn't define a persons legacy.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:57pm On Oct 11, 2020
WeissVonner:

LOL Magic on his last legs with HIV and an injured James worthy. The cadavers of the showtime Lakers are by far the best team he beat in the finals.

Meanwhile you mention all these greats who played on different teams against MJ, Bron played against the GOAT shooter and arguably the second greatest PG of all time, then a top 3/4 SF all time and arguably the GOAT scorer, then the second greatest shooter of all time and one of the most versatile defenders of all time along with another arguable HOFamer all on the SAME TEAM. Compared to these guys, your man beat a pac of bums!
Lmaooooooo you people are ridiculous. Magic was an All-NBA, MVP and all-star MVP the previous season. This cadaver was 22-8-12 in the playoffs and they went two rounds further in 91

Worthy missed just one game. Whereas fast forward to 2020 you lot are already jizzin your shorts about LeNomad facing an underdog Heat team missing it's starting PG and Center for 80% and 60% of it's games respectively.

The 'GOAT scorer' has never done it on his own so scratch that. There is only one GOAT scorer and he retired several years ago.

LeNomad took the easy way to rings joining up with a Finals MVP Dwyane Wade who carried the 06 Heat to a Championship in his 3rd year in the league, One of the best big men shooter and a surefire HOFer. Added Ray Allen the second best shooter of all-time. And other complementary pieces. A team that somehow should have won a 4peat but somehow contrived to barely win just two rings

Golden State were merely there to enact Karma and give LeNomad a taste of what the rest of the league felt when the Heatles were formed. LeNomad is not the only player entitled to easy rings
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:58pm On Oct 11, 2020
WeissVonner:

One more loser than the other
Re: The NBA Begins by nairamaniac: 2:02pm On Oct 11, 2020
A40:

It's crazy. I showed folks on this thread that MJ led his team in 2 of the 3 major stats in 3 of their 6 title winning season they still argued. They claimed all MJ did was guard small guys. I showed a whole series where MJ was Magic Johnson's primary defender. In Jordan's prime there was no series or season he was not primarily guarding the best perimeter offensive threat on the other team whether bigger or smaller. Isiah Thomas always talks shit about MJ but go and see how his numbers shrank Everytime he faced MJ and was mostly bailed by his teammates

its amazing that peeps don't know when jordan was averaging as high as 38/35 points per season in the 80's. When it later deeped to 32points per game, his assist numbers his assist numbers went as high as 7 per game, and the bulls were scoring even more. Jordan ate smaller guards for breakfast even the very very fast guards, be it Isiah or tim hardaway.

I Remember that playoffs conference finals or semi's between the bulls and miami sometime in 97. Miami was hot. The bulls won game3 and had Won the previous 2games.
After that 3rd game all miami heat players came out singing and vouching that *we are gonna win on Saturday* *we are gonna win on Saturday* everyone of them.

Saturday came and miami won. Alonzo was blocking Jordan's shot. That was in game4.

The next game, Zo reached out to shake jordan, jordan refused to shake Zo or anyone of the heat's team players.
The game started, ohhh my God, I have never seen such defensive tenacity from anyone as I saw in Jordan that particular match. The bulls held all players(starters) below 15points.

Some of the starters even had 7 to 8points.

Jordan was on Tim hardaway and Dan marjerley all through. Tim as at that 96/97 was an all round offensive pointguard. And had become one of the best 3point shooters.

Dan marjerly was killing it that season as one of the best spot-up shooters, just as Millar was doing in pacers.

That miami being coached by pat Riley was the first team that started spacing the court with 2 to 3players. It was a very very fast and well coached team. Pls someone should try to to YouTube to find that match again.

I watched it live in real time. Jordan guarded at least 4 positions I'm that match. And was more physical that Alonzo and pg brown.

Do you know that in that same match when Allen Iverson killed Jordan with the crossover, that Jordan still grabbed the PLAY OF THE DAY? I know this cos I watched CNN WORLD SPORT EVERYDAY and also THIS WEEK IN THE NBA.

Jordan got the play of the day in that game and his move against the Sixer's was Number-1 when they did NBA TOP 10 COUNTDOWNS in both programs.

Besides Anybody that knows anything about basketball knows that come playoff time scoring is the singular most difficult task. Anybody can spam rebounds and assists (which is dependent on the teammate scoring anyway) but going in a half court set and scoring bucket after bucket is the toughest thing to do so it's laughable that people downplay this.

Nothing beats efficient scoring especially in playoffs basketball set up. And it was u A40 that educated me with this fact, years ago. Thanx. Its by far the most difficult task. Jordan was doing it with finese, power, ball skills on high levels.

We have a bevy of stars in the history of basketball past and present who averaged fewer points in the playoffs than the regular season even in their primes despite playing fewer games in the playoffs

Again another thing people failed to realize is aside the fact that most of this so-called triangle offense was MJ and inshallah this myth that Jordan couldn't pass was largely because unlike the PnR the triangle does not demand on one ball dominant player which is why assist numbers are usually spread around and you don't have one player having double digit assists while the teammates have little or nothing

You have said it all, assist are very well spread around with the triangle offence. Anyone would hardly average up to 8assist when u use the T-winters triangle offence.

Malone and Stockton win two rings easy if they don't run into MJ. That Utah team would go down in history as one of the most underrated ever. They beat Barkley/Olajuwon and Drexler twice. Beat Shaq and the Lakers with a young Kobe, beat Duncan and Robinson

That Utah team was beastly. Karl Malone was clearly the 2nd best player in the league those 2seasons. In fact, some had believed he was better than jordan. Karl had developed an unstoppable mid range off the dribble and also in transition. Karl was lite years ahead of Barkley, Shawn Kemp and Chris Webber. And those were bad ass forwards at the time. The one that shocked the world the .most was the jazz beating the Lakers.

Lakers had 3players that could easily score 40points if they wanted to. Shaq, Eddie Jones, van excel.

These guys scored up to 40 at different points as teamates. Add Kobe to the mix. But Karl destroyed them and went weight for weight against Shaq at times.
Stockton was the first pure point guard I fell in love with. Very very intelligent. Hardly ever made mistakes. No highlights or flashymoves, but was the best point guard for like 5 years straight in the league.
Then the bulls killed this same Utah not once but twice. Jordan guarded Jeff honacek most times in those finals, but stole&blocked almost every other player in the jazz team. Honacek wasn't a walk over either. Hope u guys remember it was jordan that stole the ball from Malone In game6 of the second finals?

Before I forget, u needed to have seen the flugame. Jordan's spirit was on court, but his body wasn't there.
Anyway, he made the most points in that game from both sides.

I don't think even the most aggressive Bronsexual will compare the popularity off court of MJ to anyone else. This is somebody that was probably the 2nd most popular person after Michael Jackson on the planet in the 90's

But we're saying that both on and off the court MJ remains the GOAT.

The most popular human on earth in the 80's and early 90's was clearly Michael Jackson. Next to Jackson was no one else but jordan.

Honorable mentions were Opera Winfrey, bill cosby, Madonna, Whitney Houston, and Princess Diana.

I dont think iv missed out anyone here, maybe apart from Steven Spielberg (who was more popular than any actor in the 80's.

Jordan came on board and stood next to Michael Jackson.
All those other very very famous superstars i mentioned were no where close to Jordan and MJ.

It's good that you show up here every now and then to continue enlightening people.

Im sorry bout this, I prefare to come in here to Learn from you all, than contribute.

I only got provoked when I started seeing some insults and blasphemy.

My God wouldnt have forgiven me if I stayed silent.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:05pm On Oct 11, 2020
WeissVonner:

Duncan
Parker
Ginobli
Kawhi
then role players like splitter, Diaw, Danny Green etc off the top of my head. This team of old men, were the one seed in the western conference you lot rave about. Dude, that team lost 2 games in the playoffs in the western conference.
That was an old ass team. Far older by several years than any team the GOAT ever beat yet all we hear is excuses.

Splitter and Diaw combined for less than 10pts and 5rebs. Lool

That is to show you how weak this era is. Old man Duncan and Ginobili at 37 and 36 were still laying the smackdown on the supposed bigger, stronger athletic players of this era. Tragic
Re: The NBA Begins by nairamaniac: 2:12pm On Oct 11, 2020
WeissVonner:

I very very much agree with you on this though. Believe me I agree with much lesser/fewer side of your arguments than I do with A40.

I don't tonguetwist things.
Re: The NBA Begins by nairamaniac: 2:33pm On Oct 11, 2020
Tinneh:

Guy I'll love to know your top 5 presently and also all time if you don't mind

My top 5 of all time based on unbiased skill setup:
1. Jordan
2. Lebron
3. Magic
4. Olajuwon
5. Between Bird/Kareem

Honorable mention in Top 10 should be Kevin Durant, Duncan.

That guy called Durant (if he leads to win another chip, he should be clearly ahead of bird, worthy, pippen, Barkley, Malone) as a forward. No homo.
Durant is at worst a Top-10 ever to me. No one with that height has ever shot the ball so well in the history of the league.
And he depends the least on physical a contact than any other great player in anyone's TOP10.
if only he stayed as OKC and lead to a title, he shd clearly be in Top-10 to Top-8 ever by now.

But if u ask me top10 ever with bias to storylines, inspirational influence, career attraction, who I loved from my heart. Having one reason or another to just love the player.

1. Jordan
2. Iverson
3. Lebron
4. John Stockton
5. Magic/bird

Then best players currently and for past 5seasons;

1. Lebron
2. Durant
3. Curry
4. Kawhi(for showing up in 2 NBA finals)
5. Harden/Anthony Davis

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 2:40pm On Oct 11, 2020
Yes it shouldn't define a person's legacy. No one is denying Lebron's greatness. Even the chief-hater, Skip, as some of you would call him puts Lebron in his top ten. A lot of people put him in their top 3. The argument has always been about the GOAT. All the minor failings are therefore admissible into evidence. cheesy. I mean i could come here and say if Olajuwon had sampson for an extended period of time, maybe he could have won 6/7 rings, maybe he makes it into the GOAT argument. His tenacity. His ability to make the best of the little he had gets him into top ten for most people. That's as far as it goes. In the GOAT conversion coulda woulda becomes less significant. cheesy
WeissVonner:

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:29pm On Oct 11, 2020
nairamaniac:

My top 5 of all time based on unbiased skill setup:
1. Jordan
2. Lebron
3. Magic
4. Olajuwon
5. Between Bird/Kareem

Honorable mention in Top 10 should be Kevin Durant, Duncan.

That guy called Durant (if he leads to win another chip, he should be clearly ahead of bird, worthy, pippen, Barkley, Malone) as a forward. No homo.
Durant is at worst a Top-10 ever to me. No one with that height has ever shot the ball so well in the history of the league.
And he depends the least on physical a contact than any other great player in anyone's TOP10.
if only he stayed as OKC and lead to a title, he shd clearly be in Top-10 to Top-8 ever by now.

But if u ask me top10 ever with bias to storylines, inspirational influence, career attraction, who I loved from my heart. Having one reason or another to just love the player.

1. Jordan
2. Iverson
3. Lebron
4. John Stockton
5. Magic/bird

Then best players currently and for past 5seasons;

1. Lebron
2. Durant
3. Curry
4. Kawhi(for showing up in 2 NBA finals)
5. Harden/Anthony Davis

No matter how much a person tries to be objective, we all have our predisposition. No offense, but anyone who has Lew Alcindor at anything below 3rd all time should be arrested IMO. I have him at number 2.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:31pm On Oct 11, 2020
benji93:
Yes it shouldn't define a person's legacy. No one is denying Lebron's greatness. Even the chief-hater, Skip, as some of you would call him puts Lebron in his top ten. A lot of people put him in their top 3. The argument has always been about the GOAT. All the minor failings are therefore admissible into evidence. cheesy. I mean i could come here and say if Olajuwon had sampson for an extended period of time, maybe he could have won 6/7 rings, maybe he makes it into the GOAT argument. His tenacity. His ability to make the best of the little he had gets him into top ten for most people. That's as far as it goes. In the GOAT conversion coulda woulda becomes less significant. cheesy

So carrying a pack of bums to the finals and losing to a team of multiple hall of famers is a minor failing but losing in the first round to a team of hall of famers is not a minor failing.

Can I ask you a personal question?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1610) (1611) (1612) (1613) (1614) (1615) (1616) ... (2212) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.