Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1646) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1632775 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1643) (1644) (1645) (1646) (1647) (1648) (1649) ... (2216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by mattfeuter(m): 12:44pm On Dec 26, 2020
SmooshCHN:
With Klay injured you think we really stand a chance in the wild west? I done talk am before. What do you people expect from the Warriors this season? Best is we finish 7th or 8th seed with a healthy Steph and Draymond and that's if Wiggins can act as a poor man Harrison Barnes. With Klay's absence, Curry's lack of any sense of urgency (including Steve Kerr) and poor individual offense is why I don't expect anything from the team this season. Who else can score on that team? No one except Curry. Abeg, tank this season and don't give us false hope.

Don’t put this entirely on Klays absence.

Steph is finally learning what it’s like to walk in lebrons shoes which is, lead your team in every statistics,

-points, rebounds, assists

No murking around now, he’s had more than enough rest.

All that shimming, dancing, MJ shrug, I want that same energy. grin grin

If he’s that guy, he should at least get them to the playoffs.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 1:09pm On Dec 26, 2020
I absolutely agree with you. That's a very rare thing. cheesy grin. With Draymond and the upcoming Wiseman, he has to get this team to the playoffs. But honestly, now we know Wiggins gets most of his 20 points padding stats. cheesy. For Oubre we were not expecting a lot, but boy was incredibly poor yesterday. Against those big guns up there like your favourite, the lakers, it's ok to get blown out, but agaisnt those other guys, it's fair.
mattfeuter:

Steph is finally learning what it’s like to walk in lebrons shoes which is, lead your team in every statistics,

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 1:33pm On Dec 26, 2020
mattfeuter:

You are just pained ogbeni the Warriors dominated. Was it not the same LeBron that got rookie Wiggins traded before going back to Cleveland because he couldn't play unless the team was stacked? He would have requested a trade if he had to play with Wiseman as his second best player and don't get me wrong; that is not a bad thing. You're just mad at the Warriors. Let it go and stop yarning dust.

Like I said, we will make the playoffs with this roster. Take that for data. grin

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:52pm On Dec 26, 2020
mattfeuter:

This is definitely not true and birdman is right.

I’ve said it over and over, Kyrie is Kyries problem.

-It was Kyrie who was trying to sway the players not to go into the bubble knowing fully well that he wasn’t eligible to be there in the first place.

- it was Kyrie who went on a podcast and said KD is the only other guy he thinks he’s clutch when we all know that’s a direct shade at lebron.

- it was Kyrie who threw his team mates under the bus in Boston.

- it was Kyrie who said at one point, before they hired steve nah that they do not need a coach. He said he can do some coaching and so can KD. grin

- it was Kyrie who choose not to speak to the media, calling them pawns. (You know it never ends well when you take a shot at the media)

When you do or say these things, you’re meant to have a reaction.

I don’t think anyone is trying to vilify him or undervalue his worth to the NBA.

We all know he’s special.

You are missing the onus of the argument... All these are off the court issues, not on the court. You are focusing on off court issues to vilify the man and you have just justified my argument with what you put up there.
When he made an on court statement about playing with another “Clutch” player, all of you Lebron stans started bringing off the court issues rather than addressing the on court statement he made about Clutch which was true especially at that time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:28pm On Dec 26, 2020
Roland17:

You are missing the onus of the argument... All these are off the court issues, not on the court. You are focusing on off court issues to vilify the man and you have just justified my argument with what you put up there.
When he made an on court statement about playing with another “Clutch” player, all of you Lebron stans started bringing off the court issues rather than addressing the on court statement he made about Clutch which was true especially at that time.

If it you don't kiss their King asṣ, they will do everything to make you the bad guy. He made the right statement and the media did their normal nonsense.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:57am On Dec 27, 2020
Roland17:

Leave LeNomad banter. Did you see GOAT Brady? Imagine if Brady had to play in the weak NFC North facing rubbish teams like the Lions and Vikings every season. Even the imposter Aaron Rodgers you saw how his shitpackers were brutally sodomized by the GOAT.

4 TDs in a half at 43!! 36 for the season.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:15am On Dec 27, 2020
A40:
Leave LeNomad banter. Did you see GOAT Brady? Imagine if Brady had to play in the weak NFC North facing rubbish teams like the Lions and Vikings every season. Even the imposter Aaron Rodgers you saw how his shitpackers were brutally sodomized by the GOAT.

4 TDs in a half at 43!! 36 for the season.

OoooHHH Lord! Here we go again! Here we go..Do you people even have any shame? Remind me who he beat again? THE LIONS!!The freaking LIONS!!!!. He has a win now roster but somehow struggled to get the Bucs to the postseason. You better watch it when you talk about the GOAT!
Did you say the NFC N is rubbish? Haba na! You have the Bears/ Vikings and I would give you the Lions.. Are you seriously saying the Bears and Vikings have been scrub? No na!!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 7:46am On Dec 27, 2020
SmooshCHN:
If it you don't kiss their King asṣ, they will do everything to make you the bad guy. He made the right statement and the media did their normal nonsense.

the nba is a brotherhood. when barkely, sas, other players are calling you out on your bs, it means you have gone too far and you need to chill. kyries demons are of kyries making - people are talking because they actually care about the kid. Before he ruins his relationship with KD and is bounced around the league like Rondo. See how calm Rondo is now? better to learn sense before you burn relationships.

this had very little to do with lebron - if he had done this to someone else, maybe it wont be in media as much, but other players will still notice. nobody likes snakes! kyrie change for your own good! father time will take your handles, it cant take relationships

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 8:25am On Dec 27, 2020
Roland17:

On the 'On the court' matter, Kyrie was absolutely wrong, factually, morally and spiritually. And the backlash is well deserved. I only defended Kyrie here because his game, gift and contributions to the Cavaliers' 2016 ring and as an All Star were being desecrated.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by mattfeuter(m): 8:46am On Dec 27, 2020
Roland17:

Lol , this is so wrong.

Lebron has more game winning shots/buzzer beater than KD and Kyrie combined.

So what you said about it being true is in fact, very Untrue!

It’s not even close. . .

Re: The NBA Begins by mattfeuter(m): 10:02am On Dec 27, 2020
benji93:
I absolutely agree with you. That's a very rare thing. cheesy grin. With Draymond and the upcoming Wiseman, he has to get this team to the playoffs. But honestly, now we know Wiggins gets most of his 20 points padding stats. cheesy. For Oubre we were not expecting a lot, but boy was incredibly poor yesterday. Against those big guns up there like your favourite, the lakers, it's ok to get blown out, but agaisnt those other guys, it's fair.

Ahahaha cheesy grin
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 1:22pm On Dec 27, 2020
mattfeuter:

Defo not a like for like.

Holiday is better than Bledsoe.
That's not true
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 1:27pm On Dec 27, 2020
SmooshCHN:
I was too angry and forgot to read. Seeing you people even debate those two vex me. Eric Bledsoe lẹ́gbẹ Jrue Holiday. E pain me.

The things you say sometimes ehn.
Take this as your guide.

Eric Bledsoe is not in the same league with Jrue Randall Holiday. When it comes to defence and offence Jrue is elite. Thank you.
Just because somebody is not good on offence doesn't make him bad on defence. Bledsoe made all defensive team last year, what did Jrue make?
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 1:34pm On Dec 27, 2020
mattfeuter:

Lol , this is so wrong.

Lebron has more game winning shots/buzzer beater than KD and Kyrie combined.

So what you said about it being true is in fact, very Untrue!

It’s not even close. . .
For clarity

Re: The NBA Begins by mattfeuter(m): 1:40pm On Dec 27, 2020
steady986:

Just because so eobe is not good on offence doesn't make him bad on defence. Bledsoe made all defensive team last year, what did Jrue make?

They have both made All defensive teams twice In their careers.

Jrue holiday is also a one time All star, Bledsoe is yet to make the list.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 1:48pm On Dec 27, 2020
Steph is making me to believe that he can only thrive if he has another sniper on the court alongside him. Because it's much easier to get better looks when there's another shooter on the court because it takes some of the attention off of you. Now that Steph is drawing all the attention things are not looking so good.

The Warriors just posted a 5-minute video of Steph shooting over 100 threes in a row, and I said to myself, that's just what he is: the best shooter in the game. But because he plays the point guard position doesn't mean he's the best point guard. A good point guard should be able to lead a team and control play; Steph clearly can't. And it's easy to make shots when no one is guarding you; we need to see it on the court.

Now is the time for Steph to really prove to the world that he has something more than just shooting, because this season can really make or nar his statue as one of the greatest point guards ever.

I expect him to make the playoffs though, because GS will definitely be better once DG returns. At least he'll relieve Steph of the burden of ball handling and creativity, as well as leadership.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 1:52pm On Dec 27, 2020
mattfeuter:

They have both made All defensive teams twice In their careers.

Jrue holiday is also a one time All star, Bledsoe is yet to make the list.

But who made all-defense last year?

And Jrue was an all star back in 2013. That seems like ages ago. And he certainly wasn't an all star because of his defensive prowess, which is the basis of our argument here.
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 8:08pm On Dec 27, 2020
Someone actually thinks Bledsoe is in the same category with Jrue Holiday grin grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 8:39pm On Dec 27, 2020
etidy:
Someone actually thinks Bledsoe is in the same category with Jrue Holiday grin grin grin
Guy, it's like I'm dreaming. It's sad abeg.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 8:41pm On Dec 27, 2020
steady986:
Steph is making me to believe that he can only thrive if he has another sniper on the court alongside him. Because it's much easier to get better looks when there's another shooter on the court because it takes some of the attention off of you. Now that Steph is drawing all the attention things are not looking so good.

The Warriors just posted a 5-minute video of Steph shooting over 100 threes in a row, and I said to myself, that's just what he is: the best shooter in the game. But because he plays the point guard position doesn't mean he's the best point guard. A good point guard should be able to lead a team and control play; Steph clearly can't. And it's easy to make shots when no one is guarding you; we need to see it on the court.

Now is the time for Steph to really prove to the world that he has something more than just shooting, because this season can really make or nar his statue as one of the greatest point guards ever.

I expect him to make the playoffs though, because GS will definitely be better once DG returns. At least he'll relieve Steph of the burden of ball handling and creativity, as well as leadership.

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:15pm On Dec 27, 2020
What's happening to the Clippers? grin
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 10:17pm On Dec 27, 2020
Someone please beg the Mavs to stop. Adam Silver needs to step in at this point.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:17pm On Dec 27, 2020
etidy:
Maybe you should go back to the beginning of the argument so you can really understand what we were talking about. That would help.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:19pm On Dec 27, 2020
Man, I don't think I've seen a better discombobulation that what I'm seeing with the Clippers. I think I'm gonna have an orgasm cheesy

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Thanos(m): 10:21pm On Dec 27, 2020
lol. My boys out there committing murder to excellence. Please keep your excuses. I am playing without KP too. hehehe grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Thanos(m): 10:22pm On Dec 27, 2020
steady986:
Man, I don't think I've seen a better discombobulation that what I'm seeing with the Clippers. I think I'm gonna have an orgasm cheesy
Bruh. Better hold it in. There is more to come. This is the beginning of my 30 match win streak. I knew it was just a matter of time before my 3's start falling. You guys are not ready!!!!!!1

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Thanos(m): 10:24pm On Dec 27, 2020
Rick Carslie should please put in luka. Make my man run up his stats like the OG statpadder trae young
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:34pm On Dec 27, 2020
50-point first half lead. Adonbilivit

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Thanos(m): 10:38pm On Dec 27, 2020
steady986:
50-point first half lead. Adonbilivit
I mean, we had the highest offensive rating ever in nba history last season. Our issue has never been offense. It has always on the defensive end. It was just a matter of time before someone got a beat down from us. Moreover. Luka is still pissed over what happened during the playoffs. This is simply revenge. And guess what, the clippers play brooklyn after this grin grin grin grin grin
Murder she wrote oooo
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 10:49pm On Dec 27, 2020
Thanos:

I mean, we had the highest offensive rating ever in nba history last season. Our issue has never been offense. It has always on the defensive end. It was just a matter of time before someone got a beat down from us. Moreover. Luka is still pissed over what happened during the playoffs. This is simply revenge. And guess what, the clippers play brooklyn after this grin grin grin grin grin
Murder she wrote oooo

Silver and co should pity the Clippers naaa. Luka killing dem sha
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 10:50pm On Dec 27, 2020
I really do not see how Wentz getshis job back. Hurts is balling out.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 11:16pm On Dec 27, 2020
Thanos:

Murder she wrote oooo

That would be a true test of their championship credentials. For now though, I'm just gonna bask in the euphoria of this annihilation grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1643) (1644) (1645) (1646) (1647) (1648) (1649) ... (2216) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.