Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,892 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1649) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1631598 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1646) (1647) (1648) (1649) (1650) (1651) (1652) ... (2215) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 11:16pm On Dec 28, 2020
Android17:

Lebron faced a warriors team with an injured Curry, injured Bogut, injured Iguodala and (Suspended Draymond from the game 5 that would have ended the series). Kawhi faced an injured Klay and KD. Lebron faced an injured Dragic and Bam Adebayo. Injuries are part of the game.

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 11:21pm On Dec 28, 2020
etidy:
Warriors won because of a deep bench where the key players were Barbosa and Livingston averaging 5 points and maresse speights averaging 3.7 points grin grin

Curry lead the warriors in points scored by at least 10points per game in the 2014/2015 playoffs, lead in assist and steals while also averaging 5 rebounds per game.
But winless Cp0 has a greater multiplier and would probably have won with this same team grin

Curry has his flaws, but his legacy is set, he has earned a free pass for the rest of his career in my biased eyes.

Banter is allowed, but outright disrespect to the legacy of LeBron, KD, Kawhi and steph is not welcomed.

Which kind legacy? Five finals appearances without one single FMVP, is that one legacy? grin
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 11:35pm On Dec 28, 2020
steady986:

Which kind legacy? Five finals appearances without one single FMVP, is that one legacy? grin

How many finals mvp did Oscar Robertson or Bill Russell win?
Iguodala is a finals mvp winner, he must be greater than steph curry then.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 6:35am On Dec 29, 2020
You people need to stop arguing with this guy. cheesy grin. Typical Lebron fan. He brought the injuries for the 2015 finals only to ignore the fact that there were injuries/suspension(s) in 2016 when Cleveland won. He only puts forth a point when it favors Lebron, but when the same is made for another entity, it never happened. What a bunch of nonsense. I have expressed my suspicion. All this brother does is watch the boxscore. cheesy grin
etidy:

How many finals mvp did Oscar Robertson or Bill Russell win?
Iguodala is a finals mvp winner, he must be greater than steph curry then.

6 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 7:04am On Dec 29, 2020
Android17:

Curry won 67-15 and a ring with these players in 2014-15. Bring the Clippers teams as well as the Rockets team CP3 played on. We need receipts now.

19 Leandro Barbosa
40 Harrison Barnes
12 Andrew Bogut
30 Stephen Curry
31 Festus Ezeli C
23 Draymond Green
7 Justin Holiday
9 Andre Iguodala
1 Ognjen Kuzmić
10 David Lee PF
34 Shaun Livingston
20 James Michael McAdoo
4 Brandon Rush
5 Marreese Speights
11 Klay Thompson

I like how you hid Klay at the end. Nice try.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:31am On Dec 29, 2020
Repeatedly saying someone only looks at the box scores will not make it true. Lol

It gives them joy to slander LeBron repeatedly here, but when we talk about Steph small they get emotional grin. Anyway, I don't even have time to be arguing about Steph, he's not that important.

Steph without KD and those injuries to Kyrie and Love will just be another Giannis: regular season champion but can't show up in the playoffs.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 8:42am On Dec 29, 2020
I didn't hear you well. Who are the most sensitive/emotional fans around? cheesy grin. Like player like fans. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 10:21am On Dec 29, 2020
mattfeuter:

Not really.

They only gave him because he was on the winning team.

If you see Brons numbers in that series hen

I assume that they usually pick FMVP from the winners. Bron, to me, was the best player from both sides.
Re: The NBA Begins by mattfeuter(m): 11:13am On Dec 29, 2020
DeeMain:

I assume that they usually pick FMVP from the winners. Bron, to me, was the best player from both sides.

This is Correct.

Only once has it happened in NBA history to see a player from the losing team win Finals MVP and that was the Logo in 1968. grin

-of course we know what Bron brings to the floor.

Only Jesus could have defeated that GSW team with KD lol

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 11:44am On Dec 29, 2020
DeeMain:

Guy, while I do not support the dissing of Curry and do agree with your later submission that Curry's position among the greats is secured, Iggy deserved that 2015 finals MVP. No contest there.

How?
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 11:51am On Dec 29, 2020
benji93:
You people need to stop arguing with this guy. cheesy grin. Typical Lebron fan. He brought the injuries for the 2015 finals only to ignore the fact that there were injuries/suspension(s) in 2016 when Cleveland won. He only puts forth a point when it favors Lebron, but when the same is made for another entity, it never happened. What a bunch of nonsense. I have expressed my suspicion. All this brother does is watch the boxscore. cheesy grin

People that celebrated beating Miami without Bam and Dragic are now mentioning K Love and Irving.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 11:53am On Dec 29, 2020
mattfeuter:

Not really.

So numbers determine who the FMVP should be?
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 11:53am On Dec 29, 2020
Anything to help their GOAT argument. cheesy grin
Android17:

People that celebrated beating Miami without Bam and Dragic are now mentioning K Love and Irving.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 11:58am On Dec 29, 2020
DeeMain:

If a player holds the ball every possession and has 200 FGA is he expected to make less points and assists than another player who has the ball only once out of every 3 possessions and has only 140 FGA?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by mattfeuter(m): 12:02pm On Dec 29, 2020
Android17:

So numbers determine who the FMVP should be?

I never said it does.

Do you want me to post Lebrons and Iggys numbers in that series ??

Iggy guarded Lebron and was on the winning team.

I guess you have your answer now.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:21am On Dec 30, 2020
Roland17:

OoooHHH Lord! Here we go again! Here we go..Do you people even have any shame? Remind me who he beat again? THE LIONS!!The freaking LIONS!!!!. He has a win now roster but somehow struggled to get the Bucs to the postseason. You better watch it when you talk about the GOAT!
Did you say the NFC N is rubbish? Haba na! You have the Bears/ Vikings and I would give you the Lions.. Are you seriously saying the Bears and Vikings have been scrub? No na!!!!
Yes the same Lions Aaron Fraudgers gets to feast on them twice every year. Vikings are rubbish as well and the Bears everyone knows have a mediocre offense

Struggled? GOAT Brady has 36 TD passes at age 43. Let that sink in for a second. With no preseason in a new squad. Their roster is win now? Why didn't they win last season? The defense is the same. They have AB who played one game last season and Gronk who came back from retirement and clearly was rusty those are the only significant additions
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:23am On Dec 30, 2020
Android17:

Lol that's just Bronsexuals Bronsexualin. Nothing to see here grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:39am On Dec 30, 2020
Android17:

For e.g 2014/15 When DG was playmaking and leading the team.
Hehehehe no kill me with laugh abeg
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:47am On Dec 30, 2020
mattfeuter:

Not really.

Na die..

13-33 in Game 6
11-35
14-34
7-22

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 2:27am On Dec 30, 2020
Sometimes these people dey think say people dey sleep when dem dey play these matches. If you see 40 points you go think say Lebron don overperform. Meanwhile the guy needed at least 30 FG to score those points, sometimes needing as much as 38. grin grin. Na so so stat padding. grin
A40:
Na die..

13-33 in Game 6
11-35
14-34
7-22
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:53am On Dec 30, 2020
Roland17:
@A40 come out oh! The GOAT just pummeled D. Henry and the Titans.. What is your excuse now Abeg!! Please hurry up with your excuses..
Lool name one decent team the Titans beat? Didn't ordinary Baker Mayfield destroy them? Abeg leave story

What's your position on this Haskins drama? Right from when I saw him speak on draft day I suspected that boy had an attitude and entitlement problem.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:01am On Dec 30, 2020
benji93:
Sometimes these people dey think say people dey sleep when dem dey play these matches. If you see 40 points you go think say Lebron don overperform. Meanwhile the guy needed at least 30 FG to score those points, sometimes needing as much as 38. grin grin. Na so so stat padding. grin
I just laugh when I hear people go off like he played well. Just like in 07 where he was terrible in the Finals and only benefitted from a shitty conference to get there anyway

Jimmy Butler carried the same burden with the Heat and did it more efficiently
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:16am On Dec 30, 2020
Android17:

I do. They just beat the almighty Kings having lost that same game a couple days back. Prior to then, CP3 and Harden beat a leaderless Warriors team in which Curry had 0 pts in the first half and failed by scoring 33 in the second half to still lose to CP3 4-2. Remember that useless Curry that lacks leadership qualities that qualified for the playoffs 51-31 under Mark Jackson? The one who won 67-15 under Kerr and a ring with all those all star players? I wish he was CP3 who won 3 rings with the wonderful Clippers.
The difference between Steph and CP3 is that Steph does not need the ball to kill you. He's far more dangerous without it than CP. Ironically he would have been a better fit with Harden than CP
Re: The NBA Begins by mattfeuter(m): 5:06am On Dec 30, 2020
A40:
Na die..

13-33 in Game 6
11-35
14-34
7-22

Skip bAyless, is that you? tongue

What you also failed to tell the audience is that he averaged 35.8 points, 13.3 rebounds and 8.8 assists across six Finals games.

You also failed to mention that Bron is the first player in NBA Finals history to lead both teams in points, assists and rebounds for the entire series.

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by mattfeuter(m): 5:24am On Dec 30, 2020
benji93:

With K love and Kyrie injured, where else was the scoring going to come from?

Did you also know that Bron accounted for 38.3% of Cleveland's points in the Finals, the second-highest percentage of team points in Finals history.

The Bron hate is real lol

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:44am On Dec 30, 2020
A40:
Lool name one decent team the Titans beat? Didn't ordinary Baker Mayfield destroy them? Abeg leave story

What's your position on this Haskins drama? Right from when I saw him speak on draft day I suspected that boy had an attitude and entitlement problem.

Haskins problem has been known from college, everyone knew that. He partied/ clubbed too much and many were unsure if he prioritized football. Well he took the same behavior to the NFL with no mentors around him to guide him. Read his statement/ apology and you will see the indifference.

He is a very bad example of a One and done QB from college because he obviously lacked the discipline and was not prepared mentally to play in the big stage. I blame the WFT in some aspects. You don’t see all of that and still give the keys and face of the franchise to him with absolutely no plans to mentor or place him in a strict regime. You also know he now projects the bad narrative about black QB’s not having the discipline and intelligence to play the cerebral position despite the exploits of R. Wilson, P. Mahomes, D. Watson, L. Jackson, K. Murray, T. Bridgewater.

Take a look at what B. Flores is doing at Miami with Tua.. Brian understands Tua is young and not ready to totally take charge, so he uses Fitzpatrick to mentor and guide him especially in tough situations when they need wins. He has withdrawn Tua twice in losing situations, introduced Fitz and won the game. Tua understands he is not invincible because he is a first round pick.

Haskins had a tremendous year at Ohio State but like many, I wasn’t too sure he was an exceptional talent like T. Lawrence or my Boy J. Allen with the Bills. The league is a tough one and it punishes even exceptionally talented players worth more players whose talent remain questioned ask AB, Dez Bryant etc.

Would he get a 2nd chance? I highly doubt that but I hope he is not judged primarily by this incident because many have done worse but he needs to critically reevaluate himself and decide if he really wants to play football. I will suggest Haskin and his team reach out to T. Dungy. He has been instrumental in helping a lot of young sports players who lost their way to find themselves. He is an exceptional disciplinarian and mentor to many athletes.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:05am On Dec 30, 2020
mattfeuter:

Skip bAyless, is that you? tongue

What you also failed to tell the audience is that he averaged 35.8 points, 13.3 rebounds and 8.8 assists across six Finals games.

You also failed to mention that Bron is the first player in NBA Finals history to lead both teams in points, assists and rebounds for the entire series.

You even get these people time. Talking about efficiency. Who cares about efficiency. If you stop me from making a shot the first time then I'll try again. I'll keep trying until I score enough points. I don't care how many shots I take to get it. If I average 35 on your head, whether I took 100 shots or not, then you didn't do your job well.

What they fail to tell us is that LeBron was the only threat and scorer on that team, and they could double team him as much as they wanted. Talmbout he took 30 shots.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by mattfeuter(m): 9:28am On Dec 30, 2020
steady986:

You even get these people time. Talking about efficiency. Who cares about efficiency. If you stop me from making a shot the first time then I'll try again. I'll keep trying until I score enough points. I don't care how many shots I take to get it. If I average 35 on your head, whether I took 100 shots or not, then you didn't do your job well.

What they fail to tell us is that LeBron was the only threat and scorer on that team, and they could double team him as much as they wanted. Talmbout he took 30 shots.

Facts grin
Re: The NBA Begins by mattfeuter(m): 10:13am On Dec 30, 2020
benji93:
I didn't hear you well. Who are the most sensitive/emotional fans around? cheesy grin. Like player like fans. cheesy

I understand the hate.

From high school up until year 18,

Still Sizzling. . . . .

-Ta lo so pe “KO POR KE” grin
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 10:25am On Dec 30, 2020
steady986:

You are a shitty player if you average 35pts taking 100 shots. That watching box score revelation is too accurate. You're probably excited sha grin grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 10:27am On Dec 30, 2020
Watching KD, that guy would have been banned from playing if it was the 70/80s. 7ft guy just pulling up anyhow. angry
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 12:25pm On Dec 30, 2020
Se nkan o se awon ara tibi bayi? Na only for Lebron fans mouth you go hear say 35 points from 100 shots is great.These people will never cease to amaze you. What a bunch of incredibly smart people. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1646) (1647) (1648) (1649) (1650) (1651) (1652) ... (2215) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Khanben

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.