Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,493 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1648) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1631138 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1645) (1646) (1647) (1648) (1649) (1650) (1651) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 7:01am On Dec 28, 2020
Android17:

Kobe Bryant told Lebron after the Lakers did not make it to the playoffs in 2019 that leadership is not about passing the ball to people and blaming them for missing shots or yelling at people.

bro, but you know Kobe yelled at players all the time right? You have seen the Kobe-swaggy p video no? And that he yelled a lot more in the years the missed the playoffs, especially on rookies that seem lost half the time
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 7:01am On Dec 28, 2020
cheesy grin grin grin grin. He's definitely a bum.
Android17:

Curry needed 20 assists against Nets to influence the game instead of the 10 he got. And he should never ever suffer a shooting slump because any day he does he is not fit to be an NBA player. Unlike Lebron that has always been the best shooter the NBA has ever seen and has never suffered a shooting slump. Imagine if Klay Thompson was playing he would have carried the team like he always does. Klay Thompson has never suffered a shooting slump in 2018 and 2019 like Curry. Curry is a bum.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 7:02am On Dec 28, 2020
Roland17:

Liz Wiseman.. Multiplier

LOL! My mentor told me to read this book before the break, I don chop chicken forget. Whew, I still got time grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:06am On Dec 28, 2020
birdman:

LOL! My mentor told me to read this book before the break, I don chop chicken forget. Whew, I still got time grin

Your mentor sabi.. and if you get time put “Good to Great” by Jim Collins for the lineup.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 7:09am On Dec 28, 2020
birdman:

bro, but you know Kobe yelled at players all the time right? You have seen the Kobe-swaggy p video no? And that he yelled a lot more in the years the missed the playoffs, especially on rookies that seem lost half the time

He had retired by then so his head was clear and he realized his mistakes. Curry's form of leadership is by example so when he is not playing well you can see it in his body language. But that does not mean he is not a leader or that he does not make others around him much better. He just does not do it by forming activity like Pat Beverly. He is more like Tim Duncan or Kawhi.
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 7:59am On Dec 28, 2020
Curry has no multiplier effect on the team shocked
Is it the same curry that upset 57 won Denver and the mighty spurs to 6 games?
The great cp3 that has multiplier effects where did he take lob city to?
Abeg it's just 3 games
birdman:

I think steady986 is talking ala CP3. Curry is a fearsome offensive weapon. But he has no multiplier effect on the rest of the team. We never realized this because having Klay with Curry lets the ball flow freely anyways. I dont think this is a knock on Curry anyhow because Lillard is the same way. And like you said how do you motivate a Wiggins? CP3 would definitely force the issue with Wiggins and Oubre, find them easy buckets and hold them accountable.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:04am On Dec 28, 2020
birdman:

The fact that you brought up the bolded is telling. Maybe Curry needs to be less nice and easy going?
Just that vocal presence on the court and in the locker room. I saw how DG was explaining a situation to Wiseman in their game against the Bucks even though he wasn't kitted. DG would definitely bark at Oubre and Wiggins if them mess up, I know he's that kind of person. Or at least him go look them bad eye.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:05am On Dec 28, 2020
Android17:

DG the former scoring champion?
Lol. DG the instigator grin
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:06am On Dec 28, 2020
Android17:

Like CP3 did in Clippers and Rockets when they won all those rings. Gotit.
Unfortunately he didn't have KD
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:09am On Dec 28, 2020
etidy:
Curry has no multiplier effect on the team shocked
Is it the same curry that upset 57 won Denver and the mighty spurs to 6 games?
The great cp3 that has multiplier effects where did he take lob city to?
Abeg it's just 3 games
Lol. I know you people love Curry so much that you'll say anything to defend him, but let's face it, he has some flaws in his game. Everybody does. Well, maybe except for LeBron smiley

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:14am On Dec 28, 2020
Android17:

Curry needed 20 assists against Nets to influence the game instead of the 10 he got. And he should never ever suffer a shooting slump because any day he does he is not fit to be an NBA player. Unlike Lebron that has always been the best shooter the NBA has ever seen and has never suffered a shooting slump. Imagine if Klay Thompson was playing he would have carried the team like he always does. Klay Thompson has never suffered a shooting slump in 2018 and 2019 like Curry. Curry is a bum.
Lol. Until Curry has led this team to the finals don't mention him in the same sentence when it comes to carrying a team.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:19am On Dec 28, 2020
Android17:

Kobe Bryant told Lebron after the Lakers did not make it to the playoffs in 2019 that leadership is not about passing the ball to people and blaming them for missing shots or yelling at people.
This is a quote from Jordan Clarkson

Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 12:14pm On Dec 28, 2020
steady986:

Lol. Until Curry has led this team to the finals don't mention him in the same sentence when it comes to carrying a team.
I suppose cp3 has led a team to the final since he has more multiplier effect than curry.

If curry was black skinned and had nigger swag like Lillard would we even be having this discussion

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 1:31pm On Dec 28, 2020
Find them easy buckets? Common. cheesy. You have obviously not been watching GSW games. Those guys have been getting open looks but end up bricking it. The point is @steady986 obviously either doesn't quite understand the game or he's just been looking at the box score. cheesy grin. So you better go check the games out before making your argument. And well you mentioned holding them accountable. As as how? You mean hold grown men accountable, when they cannot help themselves but build bricks? Say something else, abeg. cheesy
birdman:

I think steady986 is talking ala CP3. Curry is a fearsome offensive weapon. But he has no multiplier effect on the rest of the team. We never realized this because having Klay with Curry lets the ball flow freely anyways. I dont think this is a knock on Curry anyhow because Lillard is the same way. And like you said how do you motivate a Wiggins? CP3 would definitely force the issue with Wiggins and Oubre, find them easy buckets and hold them accountable.

6 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 2:45pm On Dec 28, 2020
etidy:

I suppose cp3 has led a team to the final since he has more multiplier effect than curry.

If curry was black skinned and had nigger swag like Lillard would we even be having this discussion
Lol. But LeBron has; since you're the one that brought up LeBron. And everybody knows that Draymond Green has been the leader and playmaker of this GS team since they became a dynastic franchise. All Curry ever needed to do was score the basketball.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 6:48pm On Dec 28, 2020
etidy:

We would still have this discussion. Lillard hasnt won anything, Curry is a 3 time champ.

When you bring up cp3 not having a ring, you are really highlighting the issue. Would Cp3, Klay and Durant win a ring? Most people would say yes. Can Curry win a ring on any of the teams Cp3 has been on? Most would say no. So ring has little to do with this.

Curry is a lights out shooter. He is a decent PG. CP3 is decent shooter. His playmaking skills will work in any era of basketball.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 6:54pm On Dec 28, 2020
steady986:

Unfortunately he didn't have KD

Curry had KD in 2014/15 or that season never existed?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 6:55pm On Dec 28, 2020
steady986:

Lol. I know you people love Curry so much that you'll say anything to defend him, but let's face it, he has some flaws in his game. Everybody does. Well, maybe except for LeBron smiley

I actually thought you were trolling, but now I know you only looked at the boxscore. lol
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 6:56pm On Dec 28, 2020
steady986:

This team compares to which Lebron team exactly?
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 6:57pm On Dec 28, 2020
steady986:

This is a quote from Jordan Clarkson

Okay. So Lebron has not done anything Curry is not already doing for this GSW team. Gotit.
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 7:01pm On Dec 28, 2020
benji93:
Find them easy buckets? Common. cheesy. You have obviously not been watching GSW games. Those guys have been getting open looks but end up bricking it. The point is @steady986 obviously either doesn't quite understand the game or he's just been looking at the box score. cheesy grin. So you better go check the games out before making your argument. And well you mentioned holding them accountable. As as how? You mean hold grown men accountable, when they cannot help themselves but build bricks? Say something else, abeg. cheesy

I actually thought some of them watched those games. Curry was dropping dimes. In the Nets game alone, he probably would have had 20 assists. Because he is not pointing fingers and directing traffic does not mean he is not a leader or a point god. lol. Lionel Messi and Curry have similar leadership styles. They rather lead by doing their own role perfectly. Tim Duncan is the same way. Hakeem Olajuwon as well.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 7:03pm On Dec 28, 2020
steady986:

Lol. But LeBron has; since you're the one that brought up LeBron. And everybody knows that Draymond Green has been the leader and playmaker of this GS team since they became a dynastic franchise. All Curry ever needed to do was score the basketball.

For e.g 2014/15 When DG was playmaking and leading the team.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 7:08pm On Dec 28, 2020
birdman:

We would still have this discussion. Lillard hasnt won anything, Curry is a 3 time champ.

When you bring up cp3 not having a ring, you are really highlighting the issue. Would Cp3, Klay and Durant win a ring? Most people would say yes. Can Curry win a ring on any of the teams Cp3 has been on? Most would say no. So ring has little to do with this.

Curry is a lights out shooter. He is a decent PG. CP3 is decent shooter. His playmaking skills will work in any era of basketball.

Curry won 67-15 and a ring with these players in 2014-15. Bring the Clippers teams as well as the Rockets team CP3 played on. We need receipts now.

19 Leandro Barbosa
40 Harrison Barnes
12 Andrew Bogut
30 Stephen Curry
31 Festus Ezeli C
23 Draymond Green
7 Justin Holiday
9 Andre Iguodala
1 Ognjen Kuzmić
10 David Lee PF
34 Shaun Livingston
20 James Michael McAdoo
4 Brandon Rush
5 Marreese Speights
11 Klay Thompson

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:50pm On Dec 28, 2020
Android17:

Curry won 67-15 and a ring with these players in 2014-15. Bring the Clippers teams as well as the Rockets team CP3 played on. We need receipts now.

19 Leandro Barbosa
40 Harrison Barnes
12 Andrew Bogut
30 Stephen Curry
31 Festus Ezeli C
23 Draymond Green
7 Justin Holiday
9 Andre Iguodala
1 Ognjen Kuzmić
10 David Lee PF
34 Shaun Livingston
20 James Michael McAdoo
4 Brandon Rush
5 Marreese Speights
11 Klay Thompson
Lol. Because he faced a Cavs team that didn't have Love and Kyrie. And then when he lost the next year he went and recruited KD. Lol
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 8:20pm On Dec 28, 2020
He beat what was in front of him.
Cp0 had an arguably better Clipper squad and didn't smell conference final
steady986:

Lol. Because he faced a Cavs team that didn't have Love and Kyrie. And then when he lost the next year he went and recruited KD. Lol

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 8:35pm On Dec 28, 2020
steady986:

Lebron faced a warriors team with an injured Curry, injured Bogut, injured Iguodala and (Suspended Draymond from the game 5 that would have ended the series).Kawhi faced an injured Klay and KD. Lebron faced an injured Dragic and Bam Adebayo. Injuries are part of the game.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 8:37pm On Dec 28, 2020
Warriors won because of a deep bench where the key players were Barbosa and Livingston averaging 5 points and maresse speights averaging 3.7 points grin grin

Curry lead the warriors in points scored by at least 10points per game in the 2014/2015 playoffs, lead in assist and steals while also averaging 5 rebounds per game.
But winless Cp0 has a greater multiplier and would probably have won with this same team grin

Curry has his flaws, but his legacy is set, he has earned a free pass for the rest of his career in my biased eyes.

Banter is allowed, but outright disrespect to the legacy of LeBron, KD, Kawhi and steph is not welcomed.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 8:37pm On Dec 28, 2020
etidy:
He beat what was in front of him.
Cp0 had an arguably better Clipper squad and didn't smell conference final

This is not Paul Pierce but believe me it is the TRUTH!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 8:40pm On Dec 28, 2020
etidy:
Warriors won because of a deep bench where the key players were Barbosa and Livingston averaging 5 points and maresse speights averaging 3.7 points grin grin

Curry lead the warriors in points scored by at least 10points per game in the 2014/2015 playoffs, lead in assist and steals while also averaging 5 rebounds per game.
But winless Cp0 has a greater multiplier and would probably have won with this same team grin

Curry has his flaws, but his legacy is set, he has earned a free pass for the rest of his career in my biased eyes.

Banter is allowed, but outright disrespect to the legacy of LeBron, KD, Kawhi and steph is not welcomed.

The same logic that did not give FMVP to Anthony Davis was used to dash Iguodala a FMVP he did not deserve in ten life times. But because the other player did not grow up in the slums and play basketball to buy a house for his mum or take his family out of the hood, he is not a leader.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 9:43pm On Dec 28, 2020
Come to think of it... Yesterday,abi today was one of the craziest days in NBA.

L.A. Clippers lose by 50+ points
Brooklyn Nets lose to the Charlotte Hornets
Philadelphia 76ers blown out by Cleveland Cavaliers
Milwaukee Bucks blown out by New York Knicks
shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin

5 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 10:08pm On Dec 28, 2020
Android17:

The same logic that did not give FMVP to Anthony Davis was used to dash Iguodala a FMVP he did not deserve in ten life times. But because the other player did not grow up in the slums and play basketball to buy a house for his mum or take his family out of the hood, he is not a leader.

Guy, while I do not support the dissing of Curry and do agree with your later submission that Curry's position among the greats is secured, Iggy deserved that 2015 finals MVP. No contest there.
Re: The NBA Begins by mattfeuter(m): 11:09pm On Dec 28, 2020
DeeMain:

Guy, while I do not support the dissing of Curry and do agree with your later submission that Curry's position among the greats is secured, Iggy deserved that 2015 finals MVP. No contest there.

Not really.

They only gave him because he was on the winning team.

If you see Brons numbers in that series hen

(1) (2) (3) ... (1645) (1646) (1647) (1648) (1649) (1650) (1651) ... (2212) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.