Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,793 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1680) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1627916 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1677) (1678) (1679) (1680) (1681) (1682) (1683) ... (2209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 7:20pm On Mar 21, 2021
DeeMain:
Lebron injured. Ankle. Was it an awkward dive or dirty play by Solomon Hill?

These are not good times for Lakers. Without AD and Lebron rough times are here. Championship hopes dwindling.
Abeg, play on. Na ball hustle.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:39pm On Mar 21, 2021
Roland17:
As expected, Loyola defeat Georgia Tech. Tech were without some of their best players, otherwise it would have been tougher. This Loyola team can pull the upset against Illinois .. they have the pedigree, experience and grit .

Does anyone remember this post?

The Illinois team lacked intensity and failed to play to their strength which was Dosumu. Rather than hand the ball to their best player and play through him, they continued to force the ball Cockburn.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:45pm On Mar 21, 2021
Roland17:

Does anyone remember this post?

The Illinois team lacked intensity and failed to play to their strength which was Dosumu. Rather than hand the ball to their best player and play through him, they continued to force the ball Cockburn.
which kind madness be this? grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:13pm On Mar 21, 2021
SmooshCHN:

Pesin wen come back to score 3 points so as to keep him streak of scoring 10Pts..before him finally go bench.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:16pm On Mar 21, 2021
I’d love to see B. Huggins inducted into the HOF in the next round. He has done more than enough for the game and deserves to be in the HOF.
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 10:46pm On Mar 21, 2021
SmooshCHN:

Which ball hustle? To me, it wasn't a loose ball situation at all. Bron had picked up the ball and had planted his feet. Which loose ball was he diving for?

3 things:

1. An unecessary play (Schroeder's comments)
2. An awkward dive/An awkward player
3. A hatchet job

One of these is true.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 10:53pm On Mar 21, 2021
Roland17:

Pesin wen come back to score 3 points so as to keep him streak of scoring 10Pts..before him finally go bench.

And so? Baba Roland17 and his lowkey hating grin. If Kobe did that you would call it resilience, right?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:22pm On Mar 21, 2021
DeeMain:

And so? Baba Roland17 and his lowkey hating grin. If Kobe did that you would call it resilience, right?

Hahaha... You are right but at the end na still stat padding.. We go call am wetin e be.. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:31am On Mar 22, 2021
B. Huggins is such an unlucky coach. Jim Boehim and his Syracuse coaching team are so experienced. He employs the zone defense perfectly, it is his trademark. I am surprised Huggins did not employ the high pressure early enough.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:52am On Mar 22, 2021
Oral Roberts again!!!! These guys are the true Cinderella... They have knocked off No 7 Florida..
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:52am On Mar 22, 2021
I worry about Jay Wright and Villanova because they rely heavily on the 3 soo much. This has been Jay’s strategy for a long time now. I have a soft spot for NOVA but genuinely worried they will struggle against a team that defends the perimeter very well.. Also, they are small..

J. Hamlet of North Texas was a pleasure to watch..
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 7:27am On Mar 22, 2021
DeeMain:

Which ball hustle? To me, it wasn't a loose ball situation at all. Bron had picked up the ball and had planted his feet. Which loose ball was he diving for?

3 things:

3. A hatchet job

One of these is true.

Dennis Schroeder? As in Dennis Schroeder talking about unnecessary play? Lmao. Watch that sequence as a whole and not frame by frame like an analyst. It's non of the three. That's hustle and unfortunately, didn't turn out well for LeBron. Players dive for loose ball every time. I sha know sey una no go talk if na another player injure like that.
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 3:23pm On Mar 22, 2021
SmooshCHN:
Dennis Schroeder? As in Dennis Schroeder talking about unnecessary play? Lmao. Watch that sequence as a whole and not frame by frame like an analyst. It's non of the three. That's hustle and unfortunately, didn't turn out well for LeBron. Players dive for loose ball every time. I sha know sey una no go talk if na another player injure like that.

My diagnosis, perceptual bias. Let's agree to disagree.

I sha know sey una no go talk if na another player injure like that.

Check my records, bro. I don't roll like that.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:20pm On Mar 22, 2021
birdman:

rotation no make sense. too many injuries. I didnt expect us to even sniff playoffs. But 17 straight is still shocking. Tankeroooski grin
20. You lost to a Thunder team without Gilgeous Alexander and Horford. It's clear your team is tanking hard
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:30pm On Mar 22, 2021
DeeMain:

3 things:

3. A hatchet job

One of these is true.

You Bron fanboys are unbearable. It was a clear hustle play. He had blocked the driving lane and made him have to turn back, you can see he pulled back and didn't even put his full weight on LeNomad

I don't know how you expect a player who only gets 15-20 mins on the floor to get on the court and not play his tail off

Where was this energy when LeNomad literally pushed Joel Embiid mid air when they played the Sixers. You people are not serious at all

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:08pm On Mar 22, 2021
RIP Elgin Baylor!
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 1:59am On Mar 23, 2021
A40:
You Bron fanboys are unbearable. It was a clear hustle play. He had blocked the driving lane and made him have to turn back, you can see he pulled back and didn't even put his full weight on LeNomad

I don't know how you expect a player who only gets 15-20 mins on the floor to get on the court and not play his tail off

Where was this energy when LeNomad literally pushed Joel Embiid mid air when they played the Sixers. You people are not serious at all

That was a dirty play by Lebron on Embiid. You see how simple it was for me to say it?

I wrote down 3 possible plausible reasons 2 of which are not even sinister on how Bron got injured but no!! for you they are totally inconceivable and every point or argument must be staunchly anti-Lebron, that's the only way you can sleep easy this night.

2 Lakers players who were on the floor when the injury happened(Trez and Schroder) said the same thing to the press but armchair anti-Lebron crusaders must pontificate to us all what actually happened on that court from the comfort of their bedrooms and if I don't agree I am unbearable.

I get it.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:30am On Mar 23, 2021
DeeMain:

That was a dirty play by Lebron on Embiid. You see how simple it was for me to say it?

I wrote down 3 possible plausible reasons 2 of which are not even sinister on how Bron got injured but no!! for you they are totally inconceivable and every of point or argument must be staunchly anti-Lebron, that's the only way you can sleep easy this night.
You didn't say this at the time so forget this your hypocritical energy abeg.

It was a basketball play you would expect a guy on the end of the bench to make. Any reasonable person can see he even controlled his body to ensure he did not fall on LeBron but weirdos and Bronsexuals actually attacked this man that he had to block his IG comments

DeeMain:

2 Lakers players who were on the floor when the injury happened(Trez and Schroder) said the same thing to the press but armchair anti-Lebron crusaders must pontificate to us all what actually happened on that court from the comfort of their bedrooms and if I don't agree I am unbearable.

I get it.

Same Schroeder that was talking about how he was drafted same year with Hill and didn't see him as that kind of player? Lool Montrezl of all people. Yeah those are unbiased opinions I should listen to.

Please half the press are unrepentant Bronsexuals which is why there is so much hullabaloo over a basketball play to begin with. Y'all ought to be ashamed of yourselves sullying a player's reputation for nothing except extreme fanboyism
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:17am On Mar 23, 2021
A40:
20. You lost to a Thunder team without Gilgeous Alexander and Horford. It's clear your team is tanking hard

At this point it is mental. Even the coach's body language is not good, if you see as e wan cry during the interview. He was dealt a bad hand, but such is life. He needs to suck it up and press on. Yeah I know, easy to say, hard to do. This looked like a great job with a great team. And then it wasnt. Life undecided
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 6:59am On Mar 23, 2021
A40:

You didn't say this at the time so forget this your hypocritical energy abeg.

It was a basketball play you would expect a guy on the end of the bench to make. Any reasonable person can see he even controlled his body to ensure he did not fall on LeBron but weirdos and Bronsexuals actually attacked this man that he had to block his IG comments

Same Schroeder that was talking about how he was drafted same year with Hill and didn't see him as that kind of player? Lool Montrezl of all people. Yeah those are unbiased opinions I should listen to.

Please half the press are unrepentant Bronsexuals which is why there is so much hullabaloo over a basketball play to begin with. Y'all ought to be ashamed of yourselves sullying a player's reputation for nothing except extreme fanboyism

Chief anti-Lebron activist, I see you.

Don't bring what fanboys say or do into this argument. Our debate, our words , what I said, what you said, are on this thread. A healthy debate about the incident was all I wanted when I put it up. No, everything Lebron must be about anger and hate and negative energy.

Paul Pierce must be proud of you.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:37am On Mar 24, 2021
birdman:

At this point it is mental. Even the coach's body language is not good, if you see as e wan cry during the interview. He was dealt a bad hand, but such is life. He needs to suck it up and press on. Yeah I know, easy to say, hard to do. This looked like a great job with a great team. And then it wasnt. Life undecided
Well. The losing streak is now officially over

On paper this team should not have racked so many losses. But then you have guys like John Wall going 8/30
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:42am On Mar 24, 2021
DeeMain:

Chief anti-Lebron activist, I see you.

Don't bring what fanboys say or do into this argument. Our debate, our words , what I said, what you said, are on this thread. A healthy debate about the incident was all I wanted when I put it up. No, everything Lebron must be about anger and hate and negative energy.

Paul Pierce must be proud of you.

There is nothing healthy about your debate. The minute you insinuated a hatchet job any discerning individual can easily suss your agenda.
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 9:55am On Mar 24, 2021
A40:
There is nothing healthy about your debate. The minute you insinuated a hatchet job any discerning individual can easily suss your agenda.

No bro, it's not everyone or everything that has an agenda. The 3 possible reasons I mentioned were the fodder for the expected debate. All you needed to do was to agree or disagree agreeably.
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 10:01am On Mar 24, 2021
Here is a healthy robust debate on the same issue.

Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 10:04am On Mar 24, 2021
It continues.

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:04pm On Mar 24, 2021
A lot of talks about A. Gordon being traded to the Celtics for M. Smart. I am not for this trade D. Ainge and I hope you don't pull it. The problem is we have deviated from the identity of this team and now have players trying to primarily function outside their strength and role. We have converted Kemba Walker into a spot up 3 point shooter. He no longer drives to the bucket to score or create. M. Smart is taking bad shots and now burdened with scoring buckets alongside others than focusing primarily on his defense and energy.

There are issues with chemistry and communication. Do we need to make a trade? I am not sure and here is why. Would a trade made this team better? It also depends on who you are trading for too. I don't know if A. Gordon in exchange for M. Smart is that player that can change our direction. For some reason, I feel this squad can pull it off. Now a John Collins trade? I will be interested in that because kid can ball!

There is just too many distractions. While Brad has said he is not going to Indiana, the news has continued to swirl and is becoming a distraction because the questions continue to come up. The same for TT who is having to be defended by his team mates because according to a source his team mates are unhappy with him. We need some space and quiet in this team to refocus.

#greenrunsdeep
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:28pm On Mar 24, 2021
A40:
Well. The losing streak is now officially over

On paper this team should not have racked so many losses. But then you have guys like John Wall going 8/30

The 4 best players on the team have been out for good chunks of this losing streak. Plus there is a lot of mental baggage from the the best player, the coach and GM exiting so acrimoniously and on short notice. I feel bad for Silas sort of, but things like these should toughen him up. I liked his dad, and I can just see the old man encouraging his son in that coach's voice...patience son grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:06am On Mar 25, 2021
4 consecutive possessions where we moved the ball but somehow it ended up with Smart taking the shot and of course missing them. This is what I said earlier about this team. We have lost our identity and until we revert, this would continue to a downward slope. Why is Tatum/ Brown not taking those shots! I am frustrated with this team at this point because these issues can be resolved if everyone plays to their strength..
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:38pm On Mar 25, 2021
Evan Fournier traded to the Celtics
Aaron Gordon to the Nuggets
Vucevic and A. Aminu to the Bulls
V. Oladipo to Heat
R. Rondo to Clippers
Powell to Blazers
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:34pm On Mar 25, 2021
Sad to see D. Theis leave Bean Town.. Thank you Daniel.. All the best in Chi-Town!
Re: The NBA Begins by Hohenheim(m): 8:36pm On Mar 25, 2021
Wait, so the Rockets traded Harden for a whole bunch of nothing. This is madness.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by typicalgamer(m): 12:42am On Mar 26, 2021
Hohenheim:
Wait, so the Rockets traded Harden for a whole bunch of nothing. This is madness.

Madness ! This is Sparta!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (1677) (1678) (1679) (1680) (1681) (1682) (1683) ... (2209) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.