Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,250 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1679) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1618625 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1676) (1677) (1678) (1679) (1680) (1681) (1682) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 11:48pm On Mar 08, 2021
Roland17:

Baba, nice to read from u again. Was going to put an APB out for you!

Abeg u sabi where @chic2pimp dey? I neva see the guy for a while.. I hope he is okay sha!

This is well and truly appreciated my G. Just got a bit busy at work really.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:20am On Mar 09, 2021
joshboo:

grin Which kind yarns be this, nothing is being taken away from Jimmys legacy, Even though they lost what he did last season is enough to put him in The leagues Elite. But how you sef reason am, the reverse on what you wrote is supposed to be the case if anything about him not joining up. He improved every team he's been on since he left the bulls. Timberwolves made the playoffs with him, see howfar the Sixers went with him save kahwis brillance, see what he did with the heat last season. Only few players can have such impact on teams over all performances, lbj, cp3 kahwi etc so abeg him not joining up cos he was loyal to bam dosent make him inferior in any way abeg. James harden the choker can do what Butler did last season let's be honest, between the guys been injury prone in recent times him use this opportunity rest very well.

you read what I wrote wrong. I didn't say he wasn't a superstar. I said the guy himself doesn't think he is a superstar. As in, there is some complex going on. Just my opinion, based on how he is self sabotaging himself. His allstar excuse is lame

Buuut, since you brought it up, maybe he is right. Butler has a second gear, but honestly, thats it. Once he runs into a team prepared to hustle as hard as him, his lack of talent shows up. Imo, he will always be one level below nba superstardom, as in we can build a championship team around you level of skill. Am I wrong?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:29am On Mar 09, 2021
etidy:

Booking plab 2 this morning too grin

I can't kill myself, abandoning residency for japa
Staying in Nigeria that will rather pay terrorists than healthcare professionals is just an exercise in suffering. I heard interns have not been paid for almost 3 months. And no one is saying anything. Till these people go on strike and we start hearing Hippocratic oath nonsense.

Japa if you can

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:39am On Mar 09, 2021
SmooshCHN:

Thanks my man. I appreciate it. Did you say the Celtics? That's like working for Cavs or Houston. I couldn't pass up on the shade. grin grin

I'm on it.

If I had a dollar for how many times I get this in a day. Sadly, it's the truth. I'm working on leaving already..
Anyway you fit run am oh. One of my old mates went from Naija to Sudan to Saudi now in UK.

Most young Dr's I know are barely making $6k per annum. Some even less. It's criminal really.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:41am On Mar 09, 2021
Roland17:

Baba, nice to read from u again. Was going to put an APB out for you!

Abeg u sabi where @chic2pimp dey? I neva see the guy for a while.. I hope he is okay sha!
Omo na just the usual breaks person gats take men. How we go do?
Re: The NBA Begins by afrodoc2: 4:51am On Mar 09, 2021
SmooshCHN:
Totally unrelated to basketball. I was hoping this day would come and here it is.
No, it's not my wedding announcement. I never reach that stage. grin

This thread has been a blessing to me in every way possible. Kept me busy, kept me happy and kept me company through med school. NL was the first tab I open almost every morning in the last like 5/6yrs because I know this thread would help me get through the day even when my Warriors would lose by 35. Don't get me started on playoffs when I'm always writing exams. I remember rushing my papers to catch the Warriors finals vs Cavs only for Iguodala to get blocked by James. Good times sha. Thank you guys for helping me in ways you can't imagine. The semi-depressed times, everything. Thank you guys from Ersan (I have to mention him for obvious reasons grin) to everyone one. I don't want to skip anyone's name. Thank you Guys.

I was inducted yesterday and you guys were part of the journey. Still confused about what next to do cos it's Nigeria but thank you Guys. Thank you so much. cool
I could have posted a picture but yunno

ps: the Celtics are still trash and the Lakers are not repeating. thanks grin

Congrats. Don’t waste your house officer money unless your people are loaded.

Decide quickly where you wanna go and start studying and sitting for the appropriate exams.

As a doctor your chances of living a good life increase exponentially when you leave Naija.

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:01pm On Mar 09, 2021
afrodoc2:

Congrats. Don’t waste your house officer money unless your people are loaded.

Decide quickly where you wanna go and start studying and sitting for the appropriate exams.

As a doctor your chances of living a good life increase exponentially when you leave Naija.

It seems only private practice makes sense in Nigeria. But even for that you need the initial money
Re: The NBA Begins by afrodoc2: 8:41am On Mar 10, 2021
birdman:

It seems only private practice makes sense in Nigeria. But even for that you need the initial money

Yes there are a number of people making serious money in private practice. Of course we are talking about establishing your own practice not working for someone else.
A combination of initial financial outlay like you rightly stated, good connections, and good practice is needed to make it work in Nigeria.

Another path to success in Naija is the political route. Get an MPH and if you link up with the right clique you could be running one HMO or NGO, or even a state ministry.

There are definitely people making it big in healthcare in Nigeria, it’s just that your chance of being successful increases once you leave the country.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:02am On Mar 15, 2021
Thank you Drew Brees! You changed how the game looked at undersized QB’s..
Re: The NBA Begins by waploger(m): 10:36pm On Mar 15, 2021
Una no dey do giveaway for here?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:02am On Mar 16, 2021
You definitely have to appreciate Harden’s approach to his role with the Nets. He is having an amazing season alongside Irving. Both players are definitely in the MVP conversation.

Just when Embiid was playing really great and contending for the MVP he gets injured. Philly say everything checked out well after the scan but I am still worried and just hope he is fine because he has worked really hard. This is the most minutes he has played throughout his career in one season so it’s been an adjustment for his body.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:34am On Mar 16, 2021
chic2pimp:

This is well and truly appreciated my G. Just got a bit busy at work really.

No wahala boss!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:35am On Mar 16, 2021
A40:
Omo na just the usual breaks person gats take men. How we go do?

I dey believe you! We need these breaks.. sort of cleansing..
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 5:46am On Mar 16, 2021
The Warriors bench shouldn't have laughed at Kuzma after he airballed that free throw. Now look what he doing right in front of them grin
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:07am On Mar 16, 2021
The Warriors floor was so dirty that we had to use them to clean the floor grin

That's two blowouts against them this season. Should have been three sad
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:13am On Mar 17, 2021
I dey sorry for Birdman sha. 17 losses in a row. You legit have to wonder if the Rockets will win another game this season
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 5:41am On Mar 17, 2021
Pelicans vs Blazers.....What a game!!!! smiley shocked
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 9:14pm On Mar 17, 2021
A40:
I dey sorry for Birdman sha. 17 losses in a row. You legit have to wonder if the Rockets will win another game this season

rotation no make sense. too many injuries. I didnt expect us to even sniff playoffs. But 17 straight is still shocking. Tankeroooski grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:16am On Mar 19, 2021
It’s March madness!! My favorite time in college basketball.. Who is with me?
Watching the play-ins tonight..
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:24am On Mar 19, 2021
UCLA v Michigan State tied with 16.4 seconds to go.. a tight one !! Tom Izzo calls the time out.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:28am On Mar 19, 2021
OT here we go!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:45am On Mar 19, 2021
UCLA bounce back from a double digit deficit, force the OT and win.
Re: The NBA Begins by liveLongNprospa(m): 10:17am On Mar 19, 2021
What's the probability of LeBron winning DPOY?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:30pm On Mar 19, 2021
15 seed Oral Roberts have pulled the upset against No 2 seed Ohio State. It’s March, it’s madnesss!!!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 10:34pm On Mar 19, 2021
Roland17:
15 seed Oral Roberts have pulled the upset against No 2 seed Ohio State. It’s March, it’s madnesss!!!
I came here to comment on that. That was real madness grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:38pm On Mar 19, 2021
SmooshCHN:
I came here to comment on that. That was real madness grin

Ohio State made some very bad shot selections during the OT especially Washington. He is definitely 6’0 and above but continued to settle for bad shots from beyond the arc. Ironically, every time he took the ball to the bucket he scored but of course the game is all about the 3, so he shot them out of the competition.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:27pm On Mar 19, 2021
As expected, Loyola defeat Georgia Tech. Tech were without some of their best players, otherwise it would have been tougher. This Loyola team can pull the upset against Illinois .. they have the pedigree, experience and grit .
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 8:11pm On Mar 20, 2021
Roland17:

ORU of all teams. LOL. I havent had the mind to follow ncaa this year.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:14am On Mar 21, 2021
No 13 Ohio Bobcats upset 4 seed and defending champions Virginia Cavaliers.. it’s the madness!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:57am On Mar 21, 2021
More and more upsets! No 14 Abilene Christian knocks out 3 Texas!! Probably the biggest upset for me.. Ironically both schools are in Texas....
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 6:05pm On Mar 21, 2021
Lebron injured. Ankle. Was it an awkward dive or dirty play by Solomon Hill?

These are not good times for Lakers. Without AD and Lebron rough times are here. Championship hopes dwindling.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1676) (1677) (1678) (1679) (1680) (1681) (1682) ... (2201) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Kibbs(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.