Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,705 members, 7,820,460 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1678) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1632319 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1675) (1676) (1677) (1678) (1679) (1680) (1681) ... (2216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 8:55pm On Mar 01, 2021
Android17:

Let me be sure I understand you. Are you comparing AD to Gobert, Murray, Middleton, Simmons, Porzingis in terms of greatness? If Lebron is this far and away MVP of the league should the LAL be completely out of winning a chip without their 2nd best player? Bear in mind that every pundit bar none maintained at the beginning of the season that the LAL had the best roster in basketball. So bringing in the 2nd best players in those teams that were never in the running to win any ring is a disingenuous argument. It is like asking what the Warriors will win should Draymond get hurt. Well, even with him being fit, this roster is not going to win anything. But a so-called MVP candidate who plays for a team many were certain will repeat should not be immediately written off without their next best player. Otherwise, it means the next best player is actually the most valuable player on that roster. Simple.

Oga you understand English now where up there did I talk about those players being greater than AD. It's simple logic no star can win on his own how's that so hard to understand?
Ad was on the pelicans roster with Rondo n cousins why didn't he win cos una go dey spew smelling yarns. Teaming up with Lbj got him a chip so wats your point exactly? Even the goat was 1-9 without pippen does that make pippen better than him?

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 2:38am On Mar 02, 2021
joshboo:

Oga you understand English now where up there did I talk about those players being greater than AD. It's simple logic no star can win on his own how's that so hard to understand?
Ad was on the pelicans roster with Rondo n cousins why didn't he win cos una go dey spew smelling yarns. Teaming up with Lbj got him a chip so wats your point exactly? Even the goat was 1-9 without pippen does that make pippen better than him?

I see where you are coming from. English is the problem just like it is for the other guy who mentioned me. When I said you compared those players to AD, I was not implying you were saying they were greater but that you are putting them on the same footing. Here is how it works. Even if Porzingis was playing, Dallas are not expected to be top 2 seed in the west or win a chip. But if you replaced Porzingis with AD in Dallas, the expectations would be close to that. Do you see how it works now? That is why it made ZERO sense to compare AD being out to any of the players you mentioned. The bottom line being (and I have to reiterate it because english is a problem): If Lebron was this FAR and AWAY MVP of the league like they claimed, there should not have been a very palpable difference between AD being out to him playing. The keywords are FAR and AWAY and PALPABLE difference. That should be easy to understand, right?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:15am On Mar 03, 2021
3rd consecutive win..
Remember my last post when I said Brad should give “TimeLord” more minutes? Well, it seems Brad or someone close to him reads my post. TimeLord was very important in winning important rebounds on both ends of the court especially in the final minutes of the game.
More importantly, Kemba looks healthy and is showing up with the points and overall play. The entire team are playing with a strong mentality that has translated into wins. I have no questions Brad would get this team back in the groove. I am only glad the turnaround is happening before we head into the All Star.
#Greenrunsdeep
#RIP24
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:52am On Mar 04, 2021
Tuukaa Rask putting a goaltending clinic against Ovi and the Capitals.

Off to shootouts!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:32am On Mar 05, 2021
4 game winning streak to finish the first half of the season. Considering where we were 20 days ago, this is huge for this team. We got some good wins and now have something to build upon before the start of the 2nd half.
#greeneunsdeep
#RIP24
Re: The NBA Begins by nairamaniac: 12:08pm On Mar 07, 2021
nairamaniac:

My top 5 of all time based on unbiased skill setup:
1. Jordan
2. Lebron
3. Magic
4. Olajuwon
5. Between Bird/Kareem

please u all should forgive me for this me top5 of all times.

it was blasphemy, ignorance and stupidity at it's highest.

I spent the last 1 week reading on Kareem.
ofcourse I was a fan of his in the early 90's after he had retired.

but I was more inclined to worthy and magic in those seasons lakers won 5chips.

it's good to study history and listen to people out of eras that one wasn't matured enough.

After much study for past one week, I'm afraid to say that Kareem is closest to Jordan.

I mean the man peaked from college and stayed at his peak for the next 15years as a pro.

Do u know what that means?

That means he was at worst 2nd best player for like 18Straight years both in college and professional level.

I watched the highlight of those skyhooks, and he did them from like near 3point lines consistently.

Added to that he had the full flip(follow through) of his wrist.

if there was 3point line in his era,he would be getting 3points with sky hooks.

really really sorry.

Lebron cant be between jordan and kareem.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by nairamaniac: 12:10pm On Mar 07, 2021

No matter how much a person tries to be objective, we all have our predisposition. No offense, but anyone who has Lew Alcindor at anything below 3rd all time should be arrested IMO. I have him at number 2.

WeissVonner was right

anyone that has Lew Alcindor, Kareem anything below 3rd all time should be arrested.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:28pm On Mar 07, 2021
SmooshCHN:
Totally unrelated to basketball. I was hoping this day would come and here it is.
No, it's not my wedding announcement. I never reach that stage. grin

This thread has been a blessing to me in every way possible. Kept me busy, kept me happy and kept me company through med school. NL was the first tab I open almost every morning in the last like 5/6yrs because I know this thread would help me get through the day even when my Warriors would lose by 35. Don't get me started on playoffs when I'm always writing exams. I remember rushing my papers to catch the Warriors finals vs Cavs only for Iguodala to get blocked by James. Good times sha. Thank you guys for helping me in ways you can't imagine. The semi-depressed times, everything. Thank you guys from Ersan (I have to mention him for obvious reasons grin) to everyone one. I don't want to skip anyone's name. Thank you Guys.

I was inducted yesterday and you guys were part of the journey. Still confused about what next to do cos it's Nigeria but thank you Guys. Thank you so much. cool
I could have posted a picture but yunno

ps: the Celtics are still trash and the Lakers are not repeating. thanks grin
Congratulations bro. This is a huge deal

Why not write PLAB and Japa? Nigeria is not a country that takes healthcare serious so why do you want to play yourself
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:30am On Mar 08, 2021
A40:

Why not write PLAB and Japa? Nigeria is not a country that takes healthcare serious so why do you want to play yourself

Baba, nice to read from u again. Was going to put an APB out for you!

Abeg u sabi where @chic2pimp dey? I neva see the guy for a while.. I hope he is okay sha!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:50am On Mar 08, 2021
Curry and Giannis staking an early claim to the MVP crown..
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:15am On Mar 08, 2021
So I understand Butler turned down the opportunity to be a replacement player at the All Star because Bam was not nominated.. This would be the 2nd time he is skipping All Star appearance for personal reasons that has nothing to do with basketball.
I can assure you that when all is done and decades from now, he will have some regrets about it because these selections represent stats that could be the difference between him being remembered as an all timer or just a regular Star player..

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:30am On Mar 08, 2021
Lillard and Curry competing for the farthest 3 point made! They are on the same team if you are wondering..
These guys listen to chatter for sure!!!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:57am On Mar 08, 2021
Thank you to the players for putting up a show tonight!
Giannis should win the MVP..
Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 4:59am On Mar 08, 2021
DAME DOLLA
Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 5:00am On Mar 08, 2021
Roland17:
Lillard and Curry competing for the farthest 3 point made! They are on the same team if you are wondering..
These guys listen to chatter for sure!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 5:07am On Mar 08, 2021
Giannis 35 points 16 of 16.....
Re: The NBA Begins by Ekpekus(m): 5:19am On Mar 08, 2021
Steph. Curry the greatest shooter of the ball in NBA history.
A performance from Giannis.. 16 of 16 100% FG points
Good game All Stars
Re: The NBA Begins by Ekpekus(m): 5:23am On Mar 08, 2021
Giannis All Stars MVP...
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:49am On Mar 08, 2021
B. Griffin has agreed to join the Nets after him and the Pistons mutually agreed to terminate his contract.
#itsallaboutthering

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 6:42am On Mar 08, 2021
Roland17:
So I understand Butler turned down the opportunity to be a replacement player at the All Star because Bam was not nominated.. This would be the 2nd time he is skipping All Star appearance for personal reasons that has nothing to do with basketball.
I can assure you that when all is done and decades from now, he will have some regrets about it because these selections represent stats that could be the difference between him being remembered as an all timer or just a regular Star player..

I suspect he secretly feels he is not a superstar and not deserving of an all-star. Because this self-sabotage is going to look really foolish when his career is done.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 6:46am On Mar 08, 2021
SmooshCHN:
Totally unrelated to basketball. I was hoping this day would come and here it is.
No, it's not my wedding announcement. I never reach that stage. grin

This thread has been a blessing to me in every way possible. Kept me busy, kept me happy and kept me company through med school. NL was the first tab I open almost every morning in the last like 5/6yrs because I know this thread would help me get through the day even when my Warriors would lose by 35. Don't get me started on playoffs when I'm always writing exams. I remember rushing my papers to catch the Warriors finals vs Cavs only for Iguodala to get blocked by James. Good times sha. Thank you guys for helping me in ways you can't imagine. The semi-depressed times, everything. Thank you guys from Ersan (I have to mention him for obvious reasons grin) to everyone one. I don't want to skip anyone's name. Thank you Guys.

I was inducted yesterday and you guys were part of the journey. Still confused about what next to do cos it's Nigeria but thank you Guys. Thank you so much. cool
I could have posted a picture but yunno

ps: the Celtics are still trash and the Lakers are not repeating. thanks grin

Congrats my man. I almost missed this. You might work for celtics one day grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 8:56am On Mar 08, 2021
A40:

Booking plab 2 this morning too grin

I can't kill myself, abandoning residency for japa
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:39am On Mar 08, 2021
birdman:

Thanks my man. I appreciate it. Did you say the Celtics? That's like working for Cavs or Houston. I couldn't pass up on the shade. grin grin

I'm on it.

A40:

If I had a dollar for how many times I get this in a day. Sadly, it's the truth. I'm working on leaving already..
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:40am On Mar 08, 2021
etidy:

Booking plab 2 this morning too grin

I can't kill myself, abandoning residency for japa
I can't wait for your testimony my guy. You done too try for here. grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:41am On Mar 08, 2021
Roland17:
B. Griffin has agreed to join the Nets after him and the Pistons mutually agreed to terminate his contract.
#itsallaboutthering
And there is Giannis chilling. grin

I don't know why I don't feel good about the Nets.
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 10:40am On Mar 08, 2021
Steady, hear this from the horse's mouth:

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:44pm On Mar 08, 2021
birdman:

He might as well remain jobless angry because I am throwing up protest banners with his post angry angry tongue

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:53pm On Mar 08, 2021
Now that the the NBA All Star Games has come and gone, let me clarify some construed thoughts/ narratives. The NBA did not force an All Star game this season, infact, the NBA was clear about its position about an All Star before the season started but the players through the players Union (NBPA) said they wanted an All Star game and the Union is the one actually directing how it should go.

If Lebrun had a problem with the All Star games being held, he should have directed his anger to his fellow players and the Union headed by Chris Paul (CP3) who thought otherwise. This has nothing to do with Adam Silver/ League front office. CP3 particularly wanted this game because of the the contributions/ donations going to HBCU’s (Historically Black Colleges and Universities), a cause he has been championing for a while. If you followed the promo closely you would see this game was centered around HBCU’s

Since the players want the game, it makes financial sense for the league and its TV partner TNT to go on with the game. The players are arguing it’s better to remain a bubble like atmosphere instead of traveling and risking exposure to the virus. At the end of the day, it was a great showing, everyone had fun, including the players and HBCU’s got the support and attention they needed.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 3:34pm On Mar 08, 2021
Roland17:

He might as well remain jobless angry because I am throwing up protest banners with his post angry angry tongue

Loool man.

Congrats smooschn.
Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 10:09pm On Mar 08, 2021
birdman:

I suspect he secretly feels he is not a superstar and not deserving of an all-star. Because this self-sabotage is going to look really foolish when his career is done.

grin Which kind yarns be this, nothing is being taken away from Jimmys legacy, Even though they lost what he did last season is enough to put him in The leagues Elite. But how you sef reason am, the reverse on what you wrote is supposed to be the case if anything about him not joining up. He improved every team he's been on since he left the bulls. Timberwolves made the playoffs with him, see howfar the Sixers went with him save kahwis brillance, see what he did with the heat last season. Only few players can have such impact on teams over all performances, lbj, cp3 kahwi etc so abeg him not joining up cos he was loyal to bam dosent make him inferior in any way abeg. James harden the choker can do what Butler did last season let's be honest, between the guys been injury prone in recent times him use this opportunity rest very well.
Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 10:11pm On Mar 08, 2021
Roland17:
#itsallaboutthering
The Nets defence about to get worse.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:41pm On Mar 08, 2021
Bronsexuals on Twitter really crying about a washed up Blake Griffin joining the Nets. Someone who has not dunked in two years. Such an irritating fanbase.

Their team had AD, Montrezl and Schroeder but they are still whining like LeNomad is the only one on the court

(1) (2) (3) ... (1675) (1676) (1677) (1678) (1679) (1680) (1681) ... (2216) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.