Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,576 members, 7,837,175 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1698) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1644683 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1695) (1696) (1697) (1698) (1699) (1700) (1701) ... (2234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 10:59pm On May 23, 2021
shey we can all agree now that its still lebron's team wink
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:04pm On May 23, 2021
Good to see the Suns fight this one through. The Lakers made some good adjustments in the 4th to slow the pace because they were going to be ran out of the gym by these cats.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:06pm On May 23, 2021
Now, over to you Awon highlight watchers who rely on Twitter for stats/ live updates and TV analysts for narratives.. Na una get page.. We know say una no watch am.
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 11:06pm On May 23, 2021
AD struggles and the Lakers don't win. Color me perplexed.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 11:10pm On May 23, 2021
Haters pulling up in 0 1 2 3......... grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 11:15pm On May 23, 2021
I see everybody got their d*cks out tonight. grin It's wanking time.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 11:16pm On May 23, 2021
joshboo:
Haters pulling up in 0 1 2 3......... grin grin
The thread complete bro. No absentee grin
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 11:40pm On May 23, 2021
My analysis of the game.

This game had "blowout" written all over it. We attempted 10 fewer shots than Phoenix. We shot the ball poorly and weren't aggressive
LeBron attempted only 13 shots. For comparison, Booker attempted 26. LeBron and AD combined to shoot 38% from the field. And we couldn't take advantage from the free throw line. We literally could have won the game from there. We missed a whooping 11 free throws, shooting just 60%. Plus Booker and Ayton had the games of their lives.

And yet we lost by only 9. That's the reason I'm optimistic moving forward. I'd be more worried if we shot and played well and lost. There's ample room for improvement. At times it looked like we could claw our way back into the game, but poor decisions at crucial moments cost us. This game has last year Portland game 1 written all over it.

It's a long series. Many things for Vogel and LeBron to work out. We'll watch films and adjust. We might have to use Gasol in this series to drag Ayton out of that paint.

I change my mind. Lakers in 5.
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 11:41pm On May 23, 2021
etidy:
If the lakers fail to repeat. One of the key reasons will be letting Dwight Howard and javale go and replacing him with Gasol grin this dude is outright useless at this stage in his career
Watching Drummond stink the joint today brings me back to this post.

I expect the lakers to make adjustments but losing athletic bigs like Howard and javale, and the genius of Rondo will hurt them in this playoffs.

AND PLEASE ANTHONY DAVIS WAS NEVER THE SECOND BEST PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 11:45pm On May 23, 2021
Lol. So many conclusions after just one game. Na so e dey do you?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 12:05am On May 24, 2021
Roland17:

Was it a foul? Yes because CP3 undercut him and pulled his hand but once again we are seeing players flop excessively. LeBum had no business exaggerating with the very obvious flop. This is the same crap I talked about yesterday when Robinson was hit with a flagrant for at a simple foul against Middleton.

I will say it again, I don’t care if it makes anyone cry, NO PLAYER IN THIS ERA IS WORTH A CONVERSATION ABOUT THE GOAT!
You're correct. And Monty is seasoned. Sad I didn't watch this Suns team enough. I thought the league used to send warnings for flopping
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 12:07am On May 24, 2021
steady986:
My analysis of the game.

This game had "blowout" written all over it. We attempted 10 fewer shots than Phoenix. We shot the ball poorly and weren't aggressive
LeBron attempted only 13 shots. For comparison, Booker attempted 26. LeBron and AD combined to shoot 38% from the field. And we couldn't take advantage from the free throw line. We literally could have won the game from there. We missed a whooping 11 free throws, shooting just 60%. Plus Booker and Ayton had the games of their lives.

And yet we lost by only 9. That's the reason I'm optimistic moving forward. I'd be more worried if we shot and played well and lost. There's ample room for improvement. At times it looked like we could claw our way back into the game, but poor decisions at crucial moments cost us. This game has last year Portland game 1 written all over it.

It's a long series. Many things for Vogel and LeBron to work out. We'll watch films and adjust. We might have to use Gasol in this series to drag Ayton out of that paint.

Double down.. I like your style jare. I trust Bron and your coaching team to come up with an adjustment. It's not that hard.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 12:11am On May 24, 2021
steady986:
My analysis of the game.

I never got the feel lakers could win this game. It felt like they were down 20 even when they were down 10. I agree its a plus it was so close with Lakers playing badly. If they play with better energy and AD gets going, they should be able to steal one in phoenix. but make no mistake, the suns are very well coached, and they all carry that cp3 poise. you have to beat them to win this series, they aint making any mistakes.

lakers in 5 ke? This is going to game 7 optimistically. I worry about Lebron reinjuring
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 12:13am On May 24, 2021
etidy:

Watching Drummond stink the joint today brings me back to this post.

I expect the lakers to make adjustments but losing athletic bigs like Howard and javale, and the genius of Rondo will hurt them in this playoffs.

AND PLEASE ANTHONY DAVIS WAS NEVER THE SECOND BEST PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE.

To be honest, none of those things lost them the game today. They really didnt come to play. Other than Lebron, the team stunk. Drummond was more valuable than AD in this game. At least he played like he wanted to be there. I feel like AD is sorta intimidated by a skilled big like Ayton.

We all know AD was never the second best player in the league. Its just a way for lebron haters to diminish his accomplishments. So they will wait until the day AD drops 40 to say, see, we told you its AD's team! Its ok, make dem dey hate dey go
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 12:22am On May 24, 2021
where is a40 btw. havent seen any of his posts lately
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 12:26am On May 24, 2021
steady986:
My analysis of the game.

Shalaye ���
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:52am On May 24, 2021
birdman:
where is a40 btw. havent seen any of his posts lately
I dey

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:02am On May 24, 2021
birdman:
shey we can all agree now that its still lebron's team wink
Nobody's fault that AD is not taking the next leap. This should be his team by now

E don tey wey I don dey question him mentality not today. Now I see you guys are already downgrading him to embellish LeNomad's status. Not so fast!

AD's skill set has never been in doubt his skillset is elite and is a top 3 defender and top 10 scorer in this league but right he looks and is playing compromised. DeAndre Ayton had more offensive Rebounds than AD had rebounds. Let that sink in

We will know what to expect from the Lakers game 2 but I guarantee you one thing. This Lakers will not go anywhere if a much better version of AD doesn't show up, no matter what LeNomad plays
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:05am On May 24, 2021
Roland17:

Was it a foul? Yes because CP3 undercut him and pulled his hand but once again we are seeing players flop excessively. LeBum had no business exaggerating with the very obvious flop. This is the same crap I talked about yesterday when Robinson was hit with a flagrant for at a simple foul against Middleton.

I will say it again, I don’t care if it makes anyone cry, NO PLAYER IN THIS ERA IS WORTH A CONVERSATION ABOUT THE GOAT!
A 260 pound diva. So embarrassing. Btw Adam Silver was too spineless to suspend him.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:32am On May 24, 2021
A40:
Nobody's fault that AD is not taking the next leap. This should be his team by now

E don tey wey I don dey question him mentality not today. Now I see you guys are already downgrading him to embellish LeNomad's status. Not so fast!

AD's skill set has never been in doubt his skillset is elite and is a top 3 defender and top 10 scorer in this league but right he looks and is playing compromised. DeAndre Ayton had more offensive Rebounds than AD had rebounds. Let that sink in

We will know what to expect from the Lakers game 2 but I guarantee you one thing. This Lakers will not go anywhere if a much better version of AD doesn't show up, no matter what LeNomad plays

some days he plays like a beast, looking like the best big in the game. Other days, he plays quiet. Like his mind is not there. Looks are deceiving for sure, because he doesnt look like that sort of chap. Like you said, they need him to snap out of it, otherwise they going home. Lebron is clearly trying not to re-injure anything, even his drives into the paint are like "no one step on my ankle abeg".
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:14am On May 24, 2021
this is how the jazz are playing when rusty? lmao grin. flogging loading. obviously warriors would have been a better matchup
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:01am On May 24, 2021
Ok Dillon Brooks.. I see you!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 5:15am On May 24, 2021
I would have taken my chances against this Utah team without D Mitch.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:22am On May 24, 2021
birdman:

I never got the feel lakers could win this game. It felt like they were down 20 even when they were down 10. I agree its a plus it was so close with Lakers playing badly. If they play with better energy and AD gets going, they should be able to steal one in phoenix. but make no mistake, the suns are very well coached, and they all carry that cp3 poise. you have to beat them to win this series, they aint making any mistakes.

lakers in 5 ke? This is going to game 7 optimistically. I worry about Lebron reinjuring
Yea, they seem a well-rounded team. But if the Lakers can just turn it up one or two notches it could turn into a fairly easy series. We need to play like we're in the playoffs already.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 9:58am On May 24, 2021
birdman:
this is how the jazz are playing when rusty? lmao grin. flogging loading. obviously warriors would have been a better matchup

inside life! embarassed
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 11:47am On May 24, 2021
birdman:

inside life! embarassed
The Jazz are beatable. At least teams know what they're going to do, which is shoot a lot of threes. If you can match them 3 for 3 then you have a chance. And having a guy like Valancuinis that can drag Gobert out of the paint is valuable.
Re: The NBA Begins by Thegamingorca(m): 12:01pm On May 24, 2021
etidy:

Booking plab 2 this morning too grin

I can't kill myself, abandoning residency for japa

What ATM card did you use to book chief
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 1:27pm On May 24, 2021
Doncic! That boy good

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:41pm On May 24, 2021
donlittle25:
Doncic! That boy good

i hope you did not just jinx your team.
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 3:34pm On May 24, 2021
birdman:

i hope you did not just jinx your team.
lol I don't expect us to make it out there first round against this juggernauts so I will take my W as they come grin
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 3:35pm On May 24, 2021
I no too they Nairaland these days, but I they always siddon for early moin moin read the whole thread. Na adulthood they catch up to me grin
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 3:47pm On May 24, 2021
donlittle25:
I no too they Nairaland these days, but I they always siddon for early moin moin read the whole thread. Na adulthood they catch up to me grin

Good to have you back bro...I have been not here for some time too...

Doncic is really a steal for you guys...wish you the very best.. smiley smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (1695) (1696) (1697) (1698) (1699) (1700) (1701) ... (2234) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.