Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,208 members, 7,815,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1700) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1624314 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1697) (1698) (1699) (1700) (1701) (1702) (1703) ... (2207) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 7:06pm On May 25, 2021
benji93:
First bolded. How many players can carry a team into the playoffs, without at least another all-star level offensive player playing alongside him. You are asking too much of him. You are more like assessing the man with a GOAT-like yardstick. But i wouldn't say this hurts his legacy by much if it does at all. Normally we would be making the playoffs without the play-in game.

Second bolded. His decisions don't look all that bad honestly. Badluck makes those decisions look bad. Perhaps you can tell us which of his decisions were bad and the better alternatives.

A significant portion of our offensive problems will be solved with Klay. We seriously need that consistent complementary scoring option. I am very optimistic he'll be just fine if his recovery is managed well. Moreso cos he's a shooter. The last time I checked Durant is doing just fine. I am hoping he will be alright too.

Besides it's obvious elite defense is just not Curry's forte. If he couldn't do it at 24, you expect him to become elite at 33? Someone that's been slender for most of his career? Your argument that since Chris Paul is 6 ft, Curry should be able to play at the same level of defense is kind of moot. Meanwhile, for all his lack of proficiency defensively, I believe he's trying. The effort is there.

Now make i insult you. cheesy. It looks like na box score you too dey watch. I am very surprised by your take.

While I'm still mad at this team, Bleuelf is rather harsh at Steph Curry. What else do you want from him? And yes, Klay Thompson would do a lot if he comes back close to 100%. With decent bigs and a good bench, we should be fine.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:27pm On May 25, 2021
3pt shooting this season:

Kent Bazemore: 40.8%
Tuscano-Anderson: 40.2%
Mychal Murder: 39.7%
Damion Lee: 39.7%
Andrew Wiggins: 38.0%
Nico Manion: 36.7%
Jordan Poole: 35.1%
E. Paschal: 33.3%

Add to that one MVP candidate and scoring champion. One DPOY candidate and elite playmaker. Hall of fame coach.

G-League indeed.

Plus this team were 5th in defensive efficiency. These guys might not be household names but they can ball. So no matter how you want to paint it, this team was supposed to be in the playoffs causing havoc.

Let's call it what it is: Curry choked.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 11:12pm On May 25, 2021
A40:
I also notice say nobody dey talk about Lakers getting 16 more free throws but carry on

Ok. You have proof of 16 fouls that were unfairly called right? Lets have it

Lakers did not commit a foul in the fourth q until about 3 minutes left as I remember. They are very disciplined on defense and will rather you score that let you get a 3pt play.

Monty is the opposite. Old school d. As in make em pay every time. In that same 4q, they were already in the penalty 6mins in

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:30pm On May 25, 2021
birdman:

Ok. You have proof of 16 fouls that were unfairly called right? Lets have it

Lakers did not commit a foul in the fourth q until about 3 minutes left as I remember. They are very disciplined on defense and will rather you score that let you get a 3pt play.

Monty is the opposite. Old school d. As in make em pay every time. In that same 4q, they were already in the penalty 6mins in

Naaa.. That is not Monty’s D style.. The purpose for the aggression was simply because the Lakers were looking to sort of punk the Suns and send a message but he was having none of it.

Ironically, the Suns rank behind the Lakers in fouls per game committed.. He is aware the Lakers know he has a young and inexperienced postseason team and would want to go at them.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 11:42pm On May 25, 2021
Roland17:

Naaa.. That is not Monty’s D style.. The purpose for the aggression was simply because the Lakers were looking to sort of punk the Suns and send a message but he was having none of it.

Ironically, the Suns rank behind the Lakers in fouls per game committed.. He is aware the Lakers know he has a young and inexperienced postseason team and would want to go at them.

Either way, the game looked fairly called to me, even with the embellished flops. All 8 series this playoffs have been officiated pretty well imo. Even the flagrants are usually spot on. Slows the game down some though
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:49pm On May 25, 2021
birdman:

Either way, the game looked fairly called to me, even with the embellished flops. All 8 series this playoffs have been officiated pretty well imo. Even the flagrants are usually spot on. Slows the game down some though

I agree the officiating has been ok but not necessarily fair but the calls have been mostly preventative than anything because they don’t want an explosion.

I think they handled a lot of the burst up relatively ok based off my first sentence. The flagrant fouls are soft as hell but again, it’s nothing new, we have been seeing these soft calls for nearly a decade now...
Re: The NBA Begins by lexylexy(m): 12:00am On May 26, 2021
Memberclub:

Hesgoal....com for streaming
if you are looking for other games to watch

Thanks a bunch

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by lexylexy(m): 12:00am On May 26, 2021
joshboo:

hesgoal..com

Thanks. Will try it out
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 12:24am On May 26, 2021
Blueelf:
And i know my fellow GSW fans may hate me for this but to be honest:

1) Curry needs to work on being a more defensive presence on his team. I mean, Chris Paul is just 6 ft so size ain't the issue

2) Curry has shown us that he can't carry a team into the play-offs by himself without another superstar. That will hurt his legacy for many years. At least, he is not Kobe.

3) If green can't shoot, I wonder what he is doing earning 20mill a year

4) Bob Myers needs more scrutiny. He keeps getting away with making poor decisions because the memories of Warriors dynasty still lingers. But all that is in the past. Bob Myers has to step up.

5) Getting Kawhi ain't the answer. Even if we move a lot of pieces for him

6) Klay coming back is also not the answer. I don't think he will ever be the same again after two years away from the court. He shouldn't be rushed but should be eased into the team. All of those warriors fans shouting "when Klay comes back, we will at leastget to the conference finals" are deluded.
Point 1 and 2 is waaay off bro.

1. Curry is as defensive as a player his size would be. For a player that runs all game and u still expect him to be 100 on defense is asking too much and his offensive input cancels out his defensive input.

2. 2015 warriors, that's all I'll say. Nothing is hurting that man's legacy. Only haters and stupid people would say that (sorry to say).

3. Nuff said. He needs to shoot more to make defences humble.

4. The Warriors FO are just stupid idiots making foolish decisions for the past 2 years.

5. I say No to Kawhi. I have/dont seen him play GSW kinda game.

6. The FO and Kerr has said what should be done on that. The need to get shooters and assume Klay isn't coming back.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 2:07am On May 26, 2021
The Nets in 4. Not even putting up a fight
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:19am On May 26, 2021
Khanben:
The Nets in 4. Not even putting up a fight

Baba Stop it! Which kain fight you wan put up against these cats? This is just too much fire power. We are without JB and that makes it even more difficult because the Nets can switch everything on defense, we can’t like Chuck said.
I hope we can get game 3.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:44am On May 26, 2021
This I such a tight game..but you can see Lakers using their experience to assert some control on the pace of the game.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:05am On May 26, 2021
The Lakers using their size to control the offense of this game
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 4:15am On May 26, 2021
Roland17:
This I such a tight game..but you can see Lakers using their experience to assert some control on the pace of the game.

That is their only play. Turn the whole game into half court execution sets, if they continued allowing the suns to push the tempo like in game 1, then the lakers will be in trouble
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:22am On May 26, 2021
If you are the Suns, you can’t afford a split.. you absolutely can’t split this home stand
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 4:35am On May 26, 2021
Lebron's ability to pick a pass is just incredible
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:43am On May 26, 2021
CP3 village people strong sha! Dem Dey always wait for am for playoffs.. That shoulder is definitely messing with his game.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 4:45am On May 26, 2021
D booker is a problem. Imagine if they had drafted Doncic both of them in a backcourt together would have been dangerous for a long time.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 4:46am On May 26, 2021
Roland17:
CP3 village people strong sha! Dem Dey always wait for am for playoffs.. That shoulder is definitely messing with his game.

His village people strong for him case no be small grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:54am On May 26, 2021
Khanben:

His village people strong for him case no be small grin grin grin grin grin

Baba I Dey tell u.. Season after season.. it never fails.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:58am On May 26, 2021
The Suns trying to raise the tempo but the Lakers have been pretty firm in keeping the pace slow.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:06am On May 26, 2021
The Clippers are playing at home for ffs.. Make dem blow the team up if they don’t make it past the Mavs in the first round.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:12am On May 26, 2021
Oh boy! 0-4 but Crowder knocks down an important 3 and 1..
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:14am On May 26, 2021
AD causing the Suns a lot of problem..
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:15am On May 26, 2021
How about C. Payne! Knocks down a 3 to tie the game. The Lakers look tired to me.. They have really slowed down their intensity.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:17am On May 26, 2021
If anything, I'm just happy for Cameron Payne.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:19am On May 26, 2021
The Suns have taken the lead but Gasol hits a 3 to give the Lakers a 1 point lead.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:20am On May 26, 2021
The Lakers are just jacking up 3s.. proof/ evidence of the fact that they are tired. They need a timeout to catch their breath because the Suns have ramped this thing up.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:21am On May 26, 2021
steady986:
3pt shooting this season:

Kent Bazemore: 40.8%
Tuscano-Anderson: 40.2%
Mychal Murder: 39.7%
Damion Lee: 39.7%
Andrew Wiggins: 38.0%
Nico Manion: 36.7%
Jordan Poole: 35.1%
E. Paschal: 33.3%

Add to that one MVP candidate and scoring champion. One DPOY candidate and elite playmaker. Hall of fame coach.

G-League indeed.

Plus this team were 5th in defensive efficiency. These guys might not be household names but they can ball. So no matter how you want to paint it, this team was supposed to be in the playoffs causing havoc.

Let's call it what it is: Curry choked.
If they call you box score analyst now you'll pick offense. Your MCM and the likes would switch teams if they were in this position. I mean Bron had Kyrie and Wiggins. Two 1st rd pick and he bailed. You have no case. You hate Steph and the Warriors. You'll be alright. grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:21am On May 26, 2021
The Clippers are down by 8.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 5:22am On May 26, 2021
SmooshCHN:
If anything, I'm just happy for Cameron Payne.

He is a good story, worked his butt off and it is paying off big time

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:24am On May 26, 2021
The trauma wen Chef Curry cause some people and their Bum still Dey traumatize dem reach now.. grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1697) (1698) (1699) (1700) (1701) (1702) (1703) ... (2207) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: will007

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.