Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,242 members, 7,815,329 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1699) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1624421 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1696) (1697) (1698) (1699) (1700) (1701) (1702) ... (2207) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 3:54pm On May 24, 2021
Abeg wey SIRcumalot??Playoffs don start oh grin grin..Try show face bro...I know you're a busy man.... smiley grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:09pm On May 24, 2021
birdman:

some days he plays like a beast, looking like the best big in the game. Other days, he plays quiet. Like his mind is not there. Looks are deceiving for sure, because he doesnt look like that sort of chap. Like you said, they need him to snap out of it, otherwise they going home. Lebron is clearly trying not to re-injure anything, even his drives into the paint are like "no one step on my ankle abeg".
People were out there really comparing this man to Tim Duncan. Jesus Christttt. A minority but a loud one nonetheless

He might be more skilled for this era but the mental strength is not comparable. Anyways let's see how he responds, the likes of Timmy was a self made two time champ and two time MVP at 28

As for Lenomad's case, well if you're on the court then you're healthy. Plus he's a notorious embellisher so forgive me if I have trust issues
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 8:57pm On May 24, 2021
The bolded though. cheesy. I won't be surprised if he inserts himself in a play that might exacerbate his injury if the second game starts getting out of hand. I sincerely hope he faces this problem head-on and tries to surmount it as he's done in the past.
A40:
People were out there really comparing this man to Tim Duncan. Jesus Christttt. A minority but a loud one nonetheless

He might be more skilled for this era but the mental strength is not comparable. Anyways let's see how he responds, the likes of Timmy was a self made two time champ and two time MVP at 28

As for Lenomad's case, well if you're on the court then you're healthy. Plus he's a notorious embellisher so forgive me if I have trust issues

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:19pm On May 24, 2021
benji93:
The bolded though. cheesy. I won't be surprised if he inserts himself in a play that might exacerbate his injury if the second game starts getting out of hand. I sincerely hope he faces this problem head-on and tries to surmount it as he's done in the past.
una really hate LeBron like this? You guys should chill joor grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:45pm On May 24, 2021
SmooshCHN:
una really hate LeBron like this? You guys should chill joor grin

I am not sure mine is hate because even on this thread I have given him immense credit where due but there are certain conversations I won't tolerate. He easily could have blown his shoulder because of the exaggeration of the contact. He did the same thing when he said he was seeing 3 baskets.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 10:45pm On May 24, 2021
Roland17:

I am not sure mine is hate because even on this thread I have given him immense credit where due but there are certain conversations I won't tolerate. He easily could have blown his shoulder because of the exaggeration of the contact. He did the same thing when he said he was seeing 3 baskets.
I said the same thing about his flopping. At this point, the league should have given him a warning or something. Benji93 is straight pissed at LeBron though. grin

And where is Eruditor?
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 10:59pm On May 24, 2021
He keeps doing it over and over again. cheesy. I don't know what to think about a 260 pound 6 ft 9 point forward flopping. As @Roland17 opined, with respect to which i checked again myself, he could have hurt himself there. Again he's had several of these kinds of games before. His team loses the first and then demolishes the opposition for the rest of the series. I won't be too excited about the first game. We'll have to wait and see what happens in game 2.
SmooshCHN:
I said the same thing about his flopping. At this point, the league should have given him a warning or something. Benji93 is straight pissed at LeBron though. grin

And where is Eruditor?
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 11:42pm On May 24, 2021
Thegamingorca:

What ATM card did you use to book chief
a friend of mine in the UK paid for it. All I had to do is to pay the person in naira
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:56am On May 25, 2021
birdman:

I never got the feel lakers could win this game. It felt like they were down 20 even when they were down 10. I agree its a plus it was so close with Lakers playing badly. If they play with better energy and AD gets going, they should be able to steal one in phoenix. but make no mistake, the suns are very well coached, and they all carry that cp3 poise. you have to beat them to win this series, they aint making any mistakes.

lakers in 5 ke? This is going to game 7 optimistically. I worry about Lebron reinjuring
I also notice say nobody dey talk about Lakers getting 16 more free throws but carry on
Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 2:06am On May 25, 2021
Nice job Forbes... Keep letting it fly
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 2:09am On May 25, 2021
joshboo:
Nice job Forbes... Keep letting it fly

Asssinn the boy is on fire. Giannis also playing bully ball on the inside

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 4:24am On May 25, 2021
Dame Dollar on a mission!!!!

Lit performance wink
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:40am On May 25, 2021
The Bucks seem to be on a mission this year. If they can steal one game in Miami then it's an early wrap. None of that bubble sh*t for Miami this year. I'm looking forward to that Bucks/Nets matchup.

Portland don't know what hit them tonight. They have the upper hand though because they're going back to Portland now. I see them winning in 6 but they should watch out.
Re: The NBA Begins by Thegamingorca(m): 7:04am On May 25, 2021
etidy:
a friend of mine in the UK paid for it. All I had to do is to pay the person in naira

Hmmm
Re: The NBA Begins by Afromentalist: 8:38am On May 25, 2021
I really doubt the LA teams ability to get through this year. Lebron is definitely not 100%, Ad is too inconsistent. PG is very similar to AD and Kawhi although locked seems to be unable to create that chemistry in this clippers team.

Let see how game 2 will play out but should the LA teams even pass round 1, I highly doubt their ability to make it to the end, especially the lakers. This year's ring is for the Nets to take or forsake.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:48am On May 25, 2021
I'm surprised nobody is talking about Kwame brown and all the drama these last several days. Coming for everyone's necks and who can blame him??

Playoff Jokic is a different type of beast

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 10:05am On May 25, 2021
A40:
I'm surprised nobody is talking about Kwame brown and all the drama these last several days. Coming for everyone's necks and who can blame him??

It was briefly touched upon in the previous page I think. Dude has had enough tbh. You can't just keep coming for a Man for 20+years and not expect a serious clapback at some point. It's simply not possible. As He said Himself, He has kept His mouth shut all this while but to no avail. This is the end result if you keep poking the bear.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 10:52am On May 25, 2021
Apart from his constant use of curse words(which he probably used cos he knows his people identify with such vulgarities) and the fact that he's being too offensive by insulting the looks of his fellow Black Americans, even though his bigger message accuses them of denigrating their fellow Black Americans(which is true), his lash out is understandable. Those people really drag this man through mud. His fan base is growing very quickly. Maybe this is his true calling. cheesy
A40:

Re: The NBA Begins by Blueelf: 11:06am On May 25, 2021
A40:

Kwame brown is well within his rights to do so

I mean, the guy retired and those former teammates/journalists won't let him be
Re: The NBA Begins by Blueelf: 11:08am On May 25, 2021
Please myers, if by any long chance you visit Nairaland, DO NOT TRADE WISEMAN

DO NOT KEEP WIGGINS

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Blueelf: 11:10am On May 25, 2021
Android17:
I would have taken my chances against this Utah team without D Mitch.

Na so

Who's to say we wouldn't have flopped

We lost 2 games in a row when it mattered the most (Lakers and Memphis)

I can understand being a fan but let us also know the limits of our team

GSW weren't ready for the playoffs

And please let KERR work on their Turnovers this offseason
Re: The NBA Begins by Blueelf: 11:19am On May 25, 2021
And i know my fellow GSW fans may hate me for this but to be honest:

1) Curry needs to work on being a more defensive presence on his team. I mean, Chris Paul is just 6 ft so size ain't the issue

2) Curry has shown us that he can't carry a team into the play-offs by himself without another superstar. That will hurt his legacy for many years. At least, he is not Kobe.

3) If green can't shoot, I wonder what he is doing earning 20mill a year

4) Bob Myers needs more scrutiny. He keeps getting away with making poor decisions because the memories of Warriors dynasty still lingers. But all that is in the past. Bob Myers has to step up.

5) Getting Kawhi ain't the answer. Even if we move a lot of pieces for him

6) Klay coming back is also not the answer. I don't think he will ever be the same again after two years away from the court. He shouldn't be rushed but should be eased into the team. All of those warriors fans shouting "when Klay comes back, we will at leastget to the conference finals" are deluded.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:34pm On May 25, 2021
A40:

Scroll back baba.. I even posted the video. I have been glued to his YouTube channel like kilode! None of those cats want any of his smoke.. dem don quiet..
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 3:00pm On May 25, 2021
Blueelf:

Na so

Nobody is to say anything, however, winning a one-off game is not the same as playing a best of 7 series. Any team can beat any team in a one-off game but better teams will usually show up after a best of 7. That is not to say we are better than Utah (because we are not) but without their top scorer, I was willing to take my chances.
Re: The NBA Begins by Blueelf: 3:09pm On May 25, 2021
Android17:

Nobody is to say anything, however, winning a one-off game is not the same as playing a best of 7 series. Any team can beat any team in a one-off game but better teams will usually show up after a best of 7. That is not to say we are better than Utah (because we are not) but without their top scorer, I was willing to take my chances.

I am telling you we flopped

How can you have a playoff spot on the line and go ahead to loose 2 in a row? How?

We were not good enough bro
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 3:33pm On May 25, 2021
Blueelf:

1) Curry needs to work on being a more defensive presence on his team. I mean, Chris Paul is just 6 ft so size ain't the issue

2) Curry has shown us that he can't carry a team into the play-offs by himself without another superstar. That will hurt his legacy for many years. At least, he is not Kobe.

4) Bob Myers needs more scrutiny. He keeps getting away with making poor decisions because the memories of Warriors dynasty still lingers. But all that is in the past. Bob Myers has to step up.

6) Klay coming back is also not the answer. I don't think he will ever be the same again after two years away from the court. He shouldn't be rushed but should be eased into the team. All of those warriors fans shouting "when Klay comes back, we will at leastget to the conference finals" are deluded.

I don't know if you know how rosters are put together, but SC, Draymond and Klay's contracts meant that we were kinda stuck with the players that we could bring in. We have tested this roster without SC. Draymond was dragged for averaging single digits in all categories. We were multiple games worse than Minnesota, Cleveland to mention just a few. It is not about needing another "superstar". You need a roster setup for a coaches' philosophy or with pieces to complement the best player and the warriors had neither. What does it matter if the G-league players you have can defend, when teams just triple team your best player and force him to pass the ball to them (the same players who cannot score)? That explained the warriors prior to the last 2 months of basketball. SC literally had to average 37 ppg in the last 2 months to drag that team into the 8th seed. If you know another player in NBA history who got triple teamed and still averaged that, put the name here for us to see. Draymond complements SC but not when buckets are needed - that is what Klay is for and voila, Klay has been out for 2 years. I don't know the future enough to be a doomsday prophet but I am pretty sure Klay's claim to fame is not crossovers and dunks but SHOOTING. I will take my chances everyday that his ability to shoot is not tied to his achilles. When he is back, let teams triple team SC so we can test if Klay will break his 3 point shooting record. Till then, I will just keep my emotions in check. For your info, the 8th seed last year was 35-39 in record, this year it was 39-33. Yusuf Nurkic was the only starter in that Portland roster that was injured for most of the season. Dame and CJ averaged 30 and 22 ppg they still lost more games than this GSW team.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 3:37pm On May 25, 2021
Blueelf:

I am telling you we flopped

How can you have a playoff spot on the line and go ahead to loose 2 in a row? How?

We were not good enough bro

You will usually lose when you have only 1 consistent scorer on a team. Wiggins numbers look good but he is not consistent. Grizzlies were 9th seed last season (1 game behind Portland). GSW were last in the NBA. Pelicans, Kings have better rosters than GSW. The difference is we have SC. That is all.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 4:33pm On May 25, 2021
First bolded. How many players can carry a team into the playoffs, without at least another all-star level offensive player playing alongside him. You are asking too much of him. You are more like assessing the man with a GOAT-like yardstick. But i wouldn't say this hurts his legacy by much if it does at all. Normally we would be making the playoffs without the play-in game.

Second bolded. His decisions don't look all that bad honestly. Badluck makes those decisions look bad. Perhaps you can tell us which of his decisions were bad and the better alternatives.

A significant portion of our offensive problems will be solved with Klay. We seriously need that consistent complementary scoring option. I am very optimistic he'll be just fine if his recovery is managed well. Moreso cos he's a shooter. The last time I checked Durant is doing just fine. I am hoping he will be alright too.

Besides it's obvious elite defense is just not Curry's forte. If he couldn't do it at 24, you expect him to become elite at 33? Someone that's been slender for most of his career? Your argument that since Chris Paul is 6 ft, Curry should be able to play at the same level of defense is kind of moot. Meanwhile, for all his lack of proficiency defensively, I believe he's trying. The effort is there.

Now make i insult you. cheesy. It looks like na box score you too dey watch. I am very surprised by your take.

Blueelf:

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:14pm On May 25, 2021
Everybody wants to spit at AD, rightfully so and more proof that this team can’t win without him but let’s act like LeBum did not go 1/4 in the 4th, choke FT and turned the ball over 5 times..

When they win its LeBum but whenever he loses, it’s got to be someone else no matter what. Big credit to AD for coming out to take responsibility because he did not show up.. but... make no mistake, he knows and sees this rubbish going on.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Blueelf: 6:04pm On May 25, 2021
benji93:
First bolded. How many players can carry a team into the playoffs, without at least another all-star level offensive player playing alongside him. You are asking too much of him. You are more like assessing the man with a GOAT-like yardstick. But i wouldn't say this hurts his legacy by much if it does at all. Normally we would be making the playoffs without the play-in game.

Second bolded. His decisions don't look all that bad honestly. Badluck makes those decisions look bad. Perhaps you can tell us which of his decisions were bad and the better alternatives.

A significant portion of our offensive problems will be solved with Klay. We seriously need that consistent complementary scoring option. I am very optimistic he'll be just fine if his recovery is managed well. Moreso cos he's a shooter. The last time I checked Durant is doing just fine. I am hoping he will be alright too.

Besides it's obvious elite defense is just not Curry's forte. If he couldn't do it at 24, you expect him to become elite at 33? Someone that's been slender for most of his career? Your argument that since Chris Paul is 6 ft, Curry should be able to play at the same level of defense is kind of moot. Meanwhile, for all his lack of proficiency defensively, I believe he's trying. The effort is there.

Now make i insult you. cheesy. It looks like na box score you too dey watch. I am very surprised by your take.

Na you sabi..

I agree with the curry defense critic. I went overboard there.

However, sorrounding curry with g league players and giving Wiggins that kinda contract was poor decision making by Bob Myers IMO
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 6:24pm On May 25, 2021
Blueelf:

Na you sabi..

I agree with the curry defense critic. I went overboard there.

However, sorrounding curry with g league players and giving Wiggins that kinda contract was poor decision making by Bob Myers IMO

It was not myers who gave wiggins the contract. Wiggins got said contract from Minnesota that is why the wolves gave GSW a first round pick even though they were also getting a max dollar player
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:32pm On May 25, 2021
Blueelf:

Na so

That's what I said too. We don't deserve the playoffs with the way we handled everything going into the season. Myers and the team doesn't even look desperate. It's annoying.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1696) (1697) (1698) (1699) (1700) (1701) (1702) ... (2207) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.