Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1730) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1628206 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1727) (1728) (1729) (1730) (1731) (1732) (1733) ... (2210) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:30pm On Jun 18, 2021
Roland17:

I am so careful not to jinx the man because over the last 3 games he has reminded us of who he really he. He is mixing up his offense and facilitating plays on both ends of the court. You are right, if he takes this team to the finals without Kawhi, his respect level will increase.
He needs to see a proper sports psychologist because I've never understood his constant choking and lack of genuine confidence in the past. With his size and skillset he should always be in the top 10 or top 15 conversation

Just look at what small boy Trae Young is doing in Atlanta for example. And he's not nearly as big or as good a shooter
Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 7:31pm On Jun 18, 2021
Hardetayour:
I don't understand Warriors fans wanting Ben Simmons on the team.

After complaining that they needed more spacing, now they want to the team to trade Wiggins for Simmons

Simmons is only a Light skinned Draymond Green

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:36pm On Jun 18, 2021
birdman:

Same here. Giannis needs to take this personal, like Durant has. I want to see bucks v nets and jazz v clippers go to game 7. As for 76ers, its ok, come back next year to continue the Process grin
The man can actually guard KD. I don't know if it's inferiority complex or something. KD is much more naturally talented but Giannis is a beast in his own right but for some reason carries himself like a lamb

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 7:57pm On Jun 18, 2021
Perhaps the same reason some of them place Olajuwon outside top ten. If not for the fact that the guy was just not lucky enough to play with other great players in their prime, we could be talking about him being the GOAT. In fact it turns out that if Ralph Sampson had brought his all-star performance from the Lakers demolition in the Western Conference finals in 1986 to the NBA finals they could have won despite the Celtics featured multiple future All-of-Famers. If there's anyone that has done the most with the least, Olajuwon would be the first to come to mind. People easily place magic in top 5, even though the man played alongside KAJ. NBA analysts just no fit stay one place with their takes grin
joshboo:

So Orgasmic how silent Twitter was. Make Giannis just play Bully ball like he did today and stop settling for 3 pointers. It's an American thing they Just hate it so much when an outsider beats one of their own, but make it make sense and give big Props where it's due.

Exactly the same feel I got when Kamaru KO'ed Masvidal in from if his people despite the Boos and Hate.
Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 10:06pm On Jun 18, 2021
benji93:
Perhaps the same reason some of them place Olajuwon outside top ten. If not for the fact that the guy was just not lucky enough to play with other great players in their prime, we could be talking about him being the GOAT. In fact it turns out that if Ralph Sampson had brought his all-star performance from the Lakers demolition in the Western Conference finals in 1986 to the NBA finals they could have won despite the Celtics featured multiple future All-of-Famers. If there's anyone that has done the most with the least, Olajuwon would be the first to come to mind. People easily place magic in top 5, even though the man played alongside KAJ. NBA analysts just no fit stay one place with their takes grin

grin grin grin grin. You get the drift. They hate and play down your greatness if you not American.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 12:19am On Jun 19, 2021
Simmons about to go nuclear and shut y'all up tonight.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 2:21am On Jun 19, 2021
The foul calls Trae gets is ridiculous

chic2pimp:
BTW who was I kidding?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:35am On Jun 19, 2021
chic2pimp:

BTW who was I kidding?

You mean with his massive 4 points/5 Asst/4 Fouls grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Thanos(m): 2:49am On Jun 19, 2021
chic2pimp:

BTW who was I kidding?
For real man, as a mavs fan it might not seem as if I'm objective, but seeing this man shooting 15-19 free throws a game drives me nuts. Well, the nba are reviewing the rules concerning this whole "landing area" rule that these offensive players are exploiting
Re: The NBA Begins by Thanos(m): 2:52am On Jun 19, 2021
Atlanta going to their hack-a-simmons. Lol. Freaking all star that can't make free throws.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:53am On Jun 19, 2021
The Hawks have to end this series tonight.. anything short of that is big trouble.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:58am On Jun 19, 2021
Embiid and Collins get into tussle.. It’s the playoffs.. One thing I would say though is that Embiid is fond of landing his entire weight on the legs on opponents whenever he is falling and staying on it. It’s one thing to land and try to get off immediately because of the weight and it’s another thing to land and stay on their legs. That was why Collins kicked out..
Re: The NBA Begins by carbonado(m): 3:07am On Jun 19, 2021
"Nepa don take light o".. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 3:09am On Jun 19, 2021
Roland17:

You mean with his massive 4 points/5 Asst/4 Fouls grin

Mate it's absolutely ridiculous. My heart goes out the 76ers fans for real.

Thanos:

For real man, as a mavs fan it might not seem as if I'm objective, but seeing this man shooting 15-19 free throws a game drives me nuts. Well, the nba are reviewing the rules concerning this whole "landing area" rule that these offensive players are exploiting
Something has to be done this off season. It makes the sport unwatchable at times. The way Trae, Harden,Luka Heck even Embiid and quite a few others hunt after fouls instead of playing the game is absolutely pathetic.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:12am On Jun 19, 2021
carbonado:
"Nepa don take light o".. grin

You beat me to this exact comment.. grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Kilishihunter: 3:23am On Jun 19, 2021
And on to game 7
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:23am On Jun 19, 2021
chic2pimp:

Simmons needs to be ashamed of himself. He was a liability the whole game. Regardless of how these playoffs go, Simmons needs to go unless he commits to improving his shooting and free throws in the off season
Re: The NBA Begins by carbonado(m): 3:23am On Jun 19, 2021
Roland17:

You beat me to this exact comment.. grin
... Lol... Clippers vs utah next.... Phew no sleep for me...
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:41am On Jun 19, 2021
M. A. Fluery makes a mess of that layoff and the Canadiens pounce to equalize 2-2.. What a game!
Knights v Canadiens
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:44am On Jun 19, 2021
Spyda is definitely struggling with that ankle but he is pushing himself.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:06am On Jun 19, 2021
Jordan microwave clarkson!! Heat em up quick!
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:11am On Jun 19, 2021
A40:
The man can actually guard KD. I don't know if it's inferiority complex or something. KD is much more naturally talented but Giannis is a beast in his own right but for some reason carries himself like a lamb

Interesting stat. Maybe the Jay Williams story is true after all. Durant is very aware of Giannis
Re: The NBA Begins by Kilishihunter: 4:11am On Jun 19, 2021
birdman:
Jordan microwave clarkson!! Heat em up quick!
Just busy roasting the clippers, Possibly another game 7 added to the ones before
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:18am On Jun 19, 2021
Kilishihunter:

Just busy roasting the clippers, Possibly another game 7 added to the ones before

At this point Suns have forgotten about playoffs grin. They have been idle for at least a week. This cant be good
Re: The NBA Begins by Kilishihunter: 4:21am On Jun 19, 2021
50-72 shocked HT Wicked
Re: The NBA Begins by Kilishihunter: 4:24am On Jun 19, 2021
birdman:

At this point Suns have forgotten about playoffs grin. They have been idle for at least a week. This cant be good
grin Free from the other rumbles But I think Utah should be better knitted to face them since kawhi is out indef cause I don't see how Paul George can carry this team to cause havoc against them especially when CP3 recovers
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 4:34am On Jun 19, 2021
birdman:

Simmons needs to be ashamed of himself. He was a liability the whole game. Regardless of how these playoffs go, Simmons needs to go unless he commits to improving his shooting and free throws in the off season

It must be disheartening for 76ers seeing that Jojo is the good value player they got from their "Trust the process" mantra. A quick glance at the 2015 to 2017 drafts where they had the 3rd 1st and 1st respectively shows the number of gifted Guards they missed out on to Pair with Joel. Fultz's shoulder injury set them back a bit.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:44am On Jun 19, 2021
birdman:

Absolutely not good for the Suns.. During the playoffs, you never want to be away from games for as long as the Suns have been.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:55am On Jun 19, 2021
Terrence Mann wants all the smoke! The Sophomore has 31 Pts..

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:00am On Jun 19, 2021
And just like that, it’s a 4 point game.
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 5:01am On Jun 19, 2021
Jazz bottling company.
Meanwhile someone said Ben Simmons is the highest paid role player grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:04am On Jun 19, 2021
The power of the 3 point shot!

(1) (2) (3) ... (1727) (1728) (1729) (1730) (1731) (1732) (1733) ... (2210) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: aliondo, larride(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.