Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1768) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1627880 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1765) (1766) (1767) (1768) (1769) (1770) (1771) ... (2209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:54am On Jul 21, 2021
chic2pimp:

What did He say? Funny enough Durant Is Giannis's favourite player of all time. He said so himself in pretty much all the interviews He gave as a young prospect.

Years ago Jay compared Giannis to Durant on tv. Durant runs into Jay at a party and warns him to never make that comparison again.

Fast forward to 2021, Jay told this story on espn when the nets were up 2-0 against the bucks. when bucks finally beat nets, the chill was there.all the players congratulated each other.Giannis and Durant jus dey walk past each other
Re: The NBA Begins by Kilishihunter: 6:02am On Jul 21, 2021
joshboo:
Haters would die of hate.

Wetin consain America with giannis
That Perkins na known serial clown abeg, Talented noisemaker, God bless America that can't beat Nigeria and Australia, Shebi Middleton would soon join up with the team, let's watch and see
Re: The NBA Begins by jodpoundz(m): 6:02am On Jul 21, 2021
I so love this man Gianni's
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:58am On Jul 21, 2021
benji93:
Your wahala too much. cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin. Leave the man alone, Ah.

Funny enough Giannis said something in the lines of "I could easily have gone and formed a superteam and won a championship. But it feels special to do it this way" Make I go find the quote.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:02am On Jul 21, 2021
joshboo:

Laker fans Don dey talk sey dem no want cp3 grin grin grin grin grin grin. Dude is just a sore loser

Lol. If e go collect 60m for 3 years then no wahala.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:17am On Jul 21, 2021
Ehen, these are Giannis' exact words. Tell me this wasn't aimed at KD grin

Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 10:20am On Jul 21, 2021
steady986:

Shots fired at Harden too. Omo the hate on giannis go increase x1000.

5 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:33pm On Jul 21, 2021
See dem! grin grin

Dem wan distract us from the Assembler in Chief, the only one renowned for taking his talents across the 4 cardinal points of the league to form super teams!! grin Try as hard as you can we know!!!!

As it stands today, Giannis/ Kawhi are the only exceptions, more so Giannis because he did it in a small market.. as for the rest?

Ole ni everybody, yahoo ni babalawo!! grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:47pm On Jul 21, 2021
steady986:

Probably. BUT I didnt like when he said that. The press will help make that this big, negative argument that overshadows the win.

After career is over, nba cats are going to be your number 1 support structure. Dont sh** where you eat. Contract money will only get you so far. At some point you will need older players who are successful in business and non profits. Lebron, magic, shaq etc

Im sure he will learn this sooner or later. Dont make enemies just for sound bite sake

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 2:55pm On Jul 21, 2021
Giannis vs AD is no longer a debate, now they've started with the Giannis vs KD. At least let the guy enjoy the parade first

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 3:23pm On Jul 21, 2021
i am glad those giannis vs ad debate are dead. AD won one nba title has robin to lebron's batman and suddenly he was ranked as number 2 player in the league. person whey no win pass 1 playoff series on his own. iranu

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 5:24pm On Jul 21, 2021
etidy:
i am glad those giannis vs ad debate are dead. AD won one nba title has robin to lebron's batman and suddenly he was ranked as number 2 player in the league. person whey no win pass 1 playoff series on his own. iranu

Assinnn, big market media hype

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 5:35pm On Jul 21, 2021
This year's finals just reiterates Olajuwon quote, a good big guy will always be better than a good small guy. If we match the starting 5s of both teams by postion, all of the Bucks players except for one had the height advantage.
Lopez>Ayton
Giannis>Crowder
Middleton>Booker
Jrue > CP3
The only match up where the Suns had the height advantage was Bridges vs Tucker, but even in that instance the Bucks player was the natural better rebounder.
The height differential can be see in the rebounding number and points scored in the paint. Sometimes old fashion, bigger is just better is just true.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 7:11pm On Jul 21, 2021
birdman:

Probably. BUT I didnt like when he said that. The press will help make that this big, negative argument that overshadows the win.

After career is over, nba cats are going to be your number 1 support structure. Dont sh** where you eat. Contract money will only get you so far. At some point you will need older players who are successful in business and non profits. Lebron, magic, shaq etc

Im sure he will learn this sooner or later. Dont make enemies just for sound bite sake

Giannis in his free spirit may not have meant any hate or beef with his statement but trust the media to twist and turn those words against him. Omo it comes with that territory, him go dey alright. Him com be person wey no send media... so he's good.

KD is the biggest snake in the history of bball, big snake ,big coward but him still stand strong. So our boi is good.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 7:14pm On Jul 21, 2021
Khanben:
This year's finals just reiterates Olajuwon quote, a good big guy will always be better than a good small guy. If we match the starting 5s of both teams by postion, all of the Bucks players except for one had the height advantage.
Lopez>Ayton
Giannis>Crowder
Middleton>Booker
Jrue > CP3
The only match up where the Suns had the height advantage was Bridges vs Tucker, but even in that instance the Bucks player was the natural better rebounder.
The height differential can be see in the rebounding number and points scored in the paint. Sometimes old fashion, bigger is just better is just true.

Them be wan push big men into oblivion before, but trust me the era of the big men is back. Omo AYTON go dey see giannis for him dreams for the next 3 years grin. Giannis molested and violated that guy, make the guy no go dey get ptsd any time him hear that name. Giannis
Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 7:16pm On Jul 21, 2021
etidy:

The media dey make casuals see wetin dem wan see, but the real ones have always known who's better. The only thing AD has over him is shooting, asides that...... nothing

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:06pm On Jul 21, 2021
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 8:06pm On Jul 21, 2021
joshboo:

Them be wan push big men into oblivion before, but trust me the era of the big men is back. Omo AYTON go dey see giannis for him dreams for the next 3 years grin. Giannis molested and violated that guy, make the guy no go dey get ptsd any time him hear that name. Giannis

Giannis had owned Ayton through the first 5 games, but yesterday's own was way too much. It got to a point I was thinking the violation going on should be grounds for Ayton throwing a punch or at least telling his coach to give him help.
Dude was just so helpless on some of those plays that it reminded me of those times as a little kid, due to uneven numbers you were allowed to play football with the bros them and uncles and they will just be bullying you across the field
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:08pm On Jul 21, 2021
birdman:

Lol. The only people that will get offended by this are the people who have won championships only by forming super teams. And dem no plenty so Giannis is in good hands grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 8:08pm On Jul 21, 2021
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:10pm On Jul 21, 2021
I say Giannis is currently the best player in the league, even better than LeBron, and it's AD they're concerned about grin
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:11pm On Jul 21, 2021
Khanben:

Nice

Thanks
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:19pm On Jul 21, 2021
etidy:

I thought you people were advocating for AD to be Finals MVP. So why the sudden turnaround? cheesy

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:25pm On Jul 21, 2021
Khanben:
Lopez>Ayton
Giannis>Crowder
Middleton>Booker
Jrue > CP3

P. J. is even still about 35 pounds heavier than Bridges, so he's still bigger overall.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1765) (1766) (1767) (1768) (1769) (1770) (1771) ... (2209) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.