Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,279 members, 7,815,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1788) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1624543 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1785) (1786) (1787) (1788) (1789) (1790) (1791) ... (2207) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:29pm On Aug 04, 2021
Khanben:

Una don start to dey change goal post. This discussion is about the talent surrounding a big 3. Draymond for all is ability was not part of the warriors big3. Same with Rondo for the 2010 Celtics. That is why I repeated said that what the Lakers signed were players who were only capable of being contributors if they were used as the 8th man or above. But you kept insisting that these guys only will be the ones to catapult them.into Superteam status. I don't care how great your 3 best players are if this is basketball not tennis, if the drop-off in talent with what they had on Monday was way too much.
As for them taking all the shots, the Bucks just had a series where their own big 3 took all the shots, but you know what in game 6 of the finals they still needed a Bobby to make shots just to keep them in the game.
Is this guy serious at all?? Draymond Green is part of the Warriors core. He was the primary facilitator and their best defender pre KD and it can be argued after KD. He was in no way a role player

2010 Rondo was definitely not a role player so I have to ask when you started watching basketball. The argument is that the Lakers big 3 is so Supernova you don't necessarily need elite role players to be labeled a Superteam. If you have 3 All NBA level players and you're still expecting 6th men of the year candidates then you clearly don't want to compete

Lmaoo this man mentioned Bobby Portis. When I say you're dishonest don't take it personal, its an informed observation. Going into the playoffs lie that you expected Bobby Portis to be a key role player for the Bucks let me see. This was someone that averaged 14mins and 3ppg in the Brooklyn series then improved vs Atlanta and had a couple of good games in the Finals. Don't pretend like Bobby Portis was some elite level 6th man

Khanben:

I still think you are more into stats rather than just watching basketball to be honest, if you can name 5 more wing defenders better that kawhi in 2012 please do so. Show me a metric that says Tybulle is a top 5 wing defender now, but any one with eyes who watches him knows he is one.
Kawhi basically won his finals MVP based solely on guarding Lebron 1v1 in the finals, if that is not enough proof of his defensive capabilities I don't know what else I can say.
You're just yarning dust at this point. So you know more than the people who make a living following basketball that didn't deem it fit to vote Kawhi among even the top 20 defenders both in 2012 and 2013

FYI Matisse Thybulle was All Defense 2nd team this year. Further proof that you don't know what the fuq you're talking about

That was in 2014 Mr Opaks yarner. And Kawhi's 'defense' was debatable. LeNomad still averaged 28 pts on 57% shooting. Granted LeNomad did some statpadding as his buckets mostly came when the Heat were down 15 points or more but don't come here and overhype his defense on LeNomad

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:32pm On Aug 04, 2021
Kemba Walker to the Knicks
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:42pm On Aug 04, 2021
birdman:
Kendrick Nunn and Wayne Ellington are the only impact pieces I see here. The rest are 36 year old journeymen, 1year rentals atbest, even Melo and Ariza. Anyone trying to say this is a stacked team is dishonest, and just wants to take shots at Lebron. Same cats have nothing to say about Nets or warriors.
When I say Bronsexualism and dishonesty is 5 and 6 it's not an exaggeration. Imagine arguing that a team with Lebron, Westbrook and AD is not a superteam, only Bronsexuals will shamelessly propagate such claims. Only Bronsexuals will boldly claim a team with 5 First Ballot HOFers is not a Superteam

No one disputed Brooklyn and Warriors to be a Superteam so I don't know what part of you this lie is coming from. So a Carmelo that was averaging 13 pts per game off the bench and shot 40 from 3 is who you people are trying to portray like some bum because of his age. Even Malik Monk who was doing 11ppg and 40% from 3. You people have no scruples

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 7:18pm On Aug 04, 2021
steady986:

Why not? Even Blazers might think they're being cheated. But it's an even trade if we're being honest. They're both borderline superstars. The two of them earn exactly the same amount of money and have the same length of contract. Maybe the Blazers can throw in a second round pick since they're the ones who would be initiating the trade and so may look more desperate.

On paper this trade makes incredible sense for both franchises, both talents are equally weighted, salaries match,so they can do a straight swap.
But I think the Raptors resigned Gary Trent Jr, so I don't know if they are in the market for another guard though
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 7:19pm On Aug 04, 2021
A40:

Is this guy serious at all?? Draymond Green is part of the Warriors core. He was the primary facilitator and their best defender pre KD and it can be argued after KD. He was in no way a role player

2010 Rondo was definitely not a role player so I have to ask when you started watching basketball. The argument is that the Lakers big 3 is so Supernova you don't necessarily need elite role players to be labeled a Superteam. If you have 3 All NBA level players and you're still expecting 6th men of the year candidates then you clearly don't want to compete

Lmaoo this man mentioned Bobby Portis. When I say you're dishonest don't take it personal, its an informed observation. Going into the playoffs lie that you expected Bobby Portis to be a key role player for the Bucks let me see. This was someone that averaged 14mins and 3ppg in the Brooklyn series then improved vs Atlanta and had a couple of good games in the Finals. Don't pretend like Bobby Portis was some elite level 6th man

You're just yarning dust at this point. So you know more than the people who make a living following basketball that didn't deem it fit to vote Kawhi among even the top 20 defenders both in 2012 and 2013

FYI Matisse Thybulle was All Defense 2nd team this year. Further proof that you don't know what the fuq you're talking about

That was in 2014 Mr Opaks yarner. And Kawhi's 'defense' was debatable. LeNomad still averaged 28 pts on 57% shooting. Granted LeNomad did some statpadding as his buckets mostly came when the Heat were down 15 points or more but don't come here and overhype his defense on LeNomad

I apologize for mixing the years, but how did a guy who averaged 14pts a game win finals MVP If his defense did nothing?
You just mentioned Draymond and Rondo as part of other Superteams core. So my question of all of the players the had or even have now which one of them is as good as Draymond or Rondo was during their championship runs?
I repeat my stance again, which was were we had diverging opinions, if Gasol, Ariza, Bazemore and Howard are your 4th-7th man, you cannot in good conscience call that a Superteam. No matter how panel beat it that is a fact.

PS: Kawhi players profile reads
"...Known early in his career primarily as an elite defender and floor spacer, Leonard began taking on a larger offensive responsibility from the..."
And he was 2nd team all defense in that championship year.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:35pm On Aug 04, 2021
Khanben:

On paper this trade makes incredible sense for both franchises, both talents are equally weighted, salaries match,so they can do a straight swap.
But I think the Raptors resigned Gary Trent Jr, so I don't know if they are in the market for another guard though

But you know they lost Kyle Lowry too. So they might still be short of one guard. But I'm thinking they like what they have now with Fred-Trent-OG-Siakam-Boucher.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 9:37pm On Aug 04, 2021
The man is silently fleecing GSW. However, we won't complain, given that he earned much lower than his worth for several years and the fact that he's the franchise's player we will let it slide. cheesy grin. And you are correct, for this reason, we should not complain about Bjelica, and I like him already he's a namesake of one of Man Utd's greatest central defenders in recent memory. grin. I just hope Myers can make good use of those picks directly or indirectly.
steady986:

Your boy Curry is busy signing 4-year $215 deal at 33 years of age and you want a better roster. Lol
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:22pm On Aug 04, 2021
benji93:
The man is silently fleecing GSW. However, we won't complain, given that he earned much lower than his worth for several years and the fact that he's the franchise's player we will let it slide. cheesy grin. And you are correct, for this reason, we should not complain about Bjelica, and I like him already he's a namesake of one of Man Utd's greatest central defenders in recent memory. grin. I just hope Myers can make good use of those picks directly or indirectly.

No worry, after we win the chip this season we go trade Russ to GS for Curry. Him and LeBron are destined to play together grin
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:00am On Aug 05, 2021
A40:
When I say Bronsexualism and dishonesty is 5 and 6 it's not an exaggeration. Imagine arguing that a team with Lebron, Westbrook and AD is not a superteam, only Bronsexuals will shamelessly propagate such claims. Only Bronsexuals will boldly claim a team with 5 First Ballot HOFers is not a Superteam

No one disputed Brooklyn and Warriors to be a Superteam so I don't know what part of you this lie is coming from. So a Carmelo that was averaging 13 pts per game off the bench and shot 40 from 3 is who you people are trying to portray like some bum because of his age. Even Malik Monk who was doing 11ppg and 40% from 3. You people have no scruples

I dont know who these bronsexuals are, but boy, you LOVE typing their name. Yall should get a room. At parktonian or something grin
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:03am On Aug 05, 2021
benji93:

no doubt Curry is due for a big payday. At one point even Draymond was making more. Well deserved imo
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:17am On Aug 05, 2021
KD opens scoring

USA 2-0 Aussie
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:17am On Aug 05, 2021
Ingles replies with a 3

USA 2-3 Aussie

Another 3

USA 2-6 Aussie
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:19am On Aug 05, 2021
Booker for the deuce

USA 4-6 Aussie
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:19am On Aug 05, 2021
Bam to the FT line

Makes 2/2 to tie the game

6-6
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:25am On Aug 05, 2021
That looked like a clean block from KD

Exum to the line

Makes 2/2

USA 6-9 Aussie
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:29am On Aug 05, 2021
P. Mills to the line, makes 2/2

USA 6-11 Aussie

Another slow start for the US offensively
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:29am On Aug 05, 2021
KD for the 2

USA 8-11 Aussies
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:30am On Aug 05, 2021
Aussies knock down the 3

Aussies 14-8 USA
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:31am On Aug 05, 2021
Both teams exchange buckets

USA 10-18 Aussie
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:32am On Aug 05, 2021
Joe Ingles is a problem

USA 12-20 Aussies
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:33am On Aug 05, 2021
USA 16-20 Aussies
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:34am On Aug 05, 2021
Ingles to the FT line, makes 1/2

USA 16-21 Aussies
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:36am On Aug 05, 2021
End of 1st Q

USA 18-24 Aussies
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:39am On Aug 05, 2021
Middleton with the 2

USA 20-24 Aussies
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:40am On Aug 05, 2021
The Aussies are torching the US from beyond the arc

USA 20-27 Aussies
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:41am On Aug 05, 2021
KD off to the bench with his 2nd foul
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:41am On Aug 05, 2021
USA 22-29 Aussies
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:44am On Aug 05, 2021
Time out Aussies
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:46am On Aug 05, 2021
Consecutive TOs by the USA. Green/Lavine on both
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:47am On Aug 05, 2021
Easy bucket by Exum to extend the lead to 10

USA 23-33 Aussies

KD checks back in for the 2 and 1

now 26-33
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:49am On Aug 05, 2021
These guys are smoking hot from beyond the arc.

Tybulle to the FT line for the And1

USA 26-39 Aussies
Re: The NBA Begins by PDPGuy: 5:49am On Aug 05, 2021
Australia are killing it!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (1785) (1786) (1787) (1788) (1789) (1790) (1791) ... (2207) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.