Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,200 members, 7,815,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1790) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1624289 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1787) (1788) (1789) (1790) (1791) (1792) (1793) ... (2207) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:45am On Aug 05, 2021
TO Tatum
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:45am On Aug 05, 2021
USA 88-68 Aussies
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:47am On Aug 05, 2021
Aussies raise the white flag by subbing all their starters
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:47am On Aug 05, 2021
KD with the rebound
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:48am On Aug 05, 2021
USA 88-70 Aussies
Re: The NBA Begins by Famocious(m): 6:50am On Aug 05, 2021
Olympic basketball gold is for the US to pick... Simply unstoppable.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:50am On Aug 05, 2021
Lavine knocks down the 3

USA 91-70 Aussies
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:51am On Aug 05, 2021
USA 93-70 Aussies
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:51am On Aug 05, 2021
A Javale Mcgee Sighting with a block.. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:52am On Aug 05, 2021
Aussies 72-93 USA
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:53am On Aug 05, 2021
USA 93-75 Aussies
Re: The NBA Begins by Famocious(m): 6:55am On Aug 05, 2021
Game over, US 97-78 Aussie

Slovenia may likely meet US at the final. cool
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:56am On Aug 05, 2021
Final score

USA 97-78 Australia
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:57am On Aug 05, 2021
Off to the finals to face the winner of Slovenia v France.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:40am On Aug 05, 2021
Khanben:

I apologize for mixing the years, but how did a guy who averaged 14pts a game win finals MVP If his defense did nothing?
You just mentioned Draymond and Rondo as part of other Superteams core. So my question of all of the players the had or even have now which one of them is as good as Draymond or Rondo was during their championship runs?
I repeat my stance again, which was were we had diverging opinions, if Gasol, Ariza, Bazemore and Howard are your 4th-7th man, you cannot in good conscience call that a Superteam. No matter how panel beat it that is a fact.

He actually averaged 17 pts per game on 61% shooting barely taking 10 shots per game that's how

If you are your team's primary facilitator then you are part of its core. Why are you struggling with such a simple concept. Which means you have no business calling them role players because they were not role players

Any team with Westbrook, AD and Lebron is a Superteam. You can argue till you're blue in the face, that is not my concern. Bronsexual dishonesty didn't start today. There are people who didn't believe the Miami Heatles were a Superteam so what else is new

Khanben:

PS: Kawhi players profile reads
"...Known early in his career primarily as an elite defender and floor spacer, Leonard began taking on a larger offensive responsibility from the..."
And he was 2nd team all defense in that championship year.
He didn't sniff the award his first two years so don't tell me he was a top 5 wing defender without any proof
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:44am On Aug 05, 2021
birdman:

I dont know who these bronsexuals are, but boy, you LOVE typing their name. Yall should get a room. At parktonian or something grin
You can own your identity and still leave me out of your homoerotic fantasies undecided
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 9:08am On Aug 05, 2021
Dame has been a$$ all through this Olympics. I really don't know why Pop starts Him. He has not been able to get His offense going and His defense is straight up trash. They need to move Jrue to the point, Dev to the 2 and Bring in one of Tatum or Middleton at the SF position.
Re: The NBA Begins by Modecaih: 10:33am On Aug 05, 2021
Famocious:
Olympic basketball gold is for the US to pick... Simply unstoppable.
it won't be easy against Slovenia,, those guys are somefin else
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 10:57am On Aug 05, 2021
A40:
You can own your identity and still leave me out of your homoerotic fantasies undecided

Thats all you bro. I never ever use the term. You use it so much tho. Just saying
Re: The NBA Begins by Famocious(m): 11:03am On Aug 05, 2021
Modecaih:
it won't be easy against Slovenia,, those guys are somefin else
I agree that the Slovenian have been phenomenal so far in this outing but I believe the Yankee guys have their antidote..

By the way, France is leading Slovenia by 69-59 at the moment
Re: The NBA Begins by Modecaih: 2:03pm On Aug 05, 2021
usa vs France what an epic finals it will be,,
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 3:34pm On Aug 05, 2021
Julius Randle is signing for 4yrs $117 mil and Schroeder is still waiting for $150M. grin cheesy grin cheesy the guy is really delusional.
Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 4:29pm On Aug 05, 2021
grin
Khanben:
Julius Randle is signing for 4yrs $117 mil and Schroeder is still waiting for $150M. grin cheesy grin cheesy the guy is really delusional.

grin grin grin no team is gonna pay him that, at best he's within 60/70 range... omo this guys dey burst my head... good a thing john collins got what he's been looking for.

But kben how would you say this Lakers team aint a super team? What more do they need to be called one, once their starting 5 are all all stars and first ballot HOF? I love lefraud but dude's never in the rankings for goat cos of all this nonsense.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 4:56pm On Aug 05, 2021
joshboo:
grin

grin grin grin no team is gonna pay him that, at best he's within 60/70 range... omo this guys dey burst my head... good a thing john collins got what he's been looking for.

But kben how would you say this Lakers team aint a super team? What more do they need to be called one, once their starting 5 are all all stars and first ballot HOF? I love lefraud but dude's never in the rankings for goat cos of all this nonsense.

I said they were not a Superteam when all they had was Lebron, AD, Westbrook, Gasol, Ariza, Howard, Wellington and Howard.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 4:58pm On Aug 05, 2021
joshboo:
grin

I said they were not a Superteam when all they had was Lebron, AD, Westbrook, Gasol, Ariza, Howard, Wellington and Howard. With Melo and the three younger guys the squad is now more balanced and the talent drop-off in total is equivalent to a Superteam.
PS: I still have the Nets winning it all though if they can stay healthy
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:11pm On Aug 05, 2021
chic2pimp:
Dame has been a$$ all through this Olympics. I really don't know why Pop starts Him. He has not been able to get His offense going and His defense is straight up trash. They need to move Jrue to the point, Dev to the 2 and Bring in one of Tatum or Middleton at the SF position.

I have been complaining about Dame from game one, worsestill, he is a defensive liability. Pop pulled down the hammer by benching him and giving Holiday and Booker extended minutes. Jrue played most of his minutes as a PG and he used his size as an advantage to get a lot of buckets inside.

Truthfully, I will like for Tatum to continue to come from the bench and this is why. Tatum brings in a spark especially offensively when he comes off the bench. He also has length to provide good perimeter defense. Middleton has had sparks of good showings.

It would be interesting to see what Pop does with his starting line up against a tougher and bigger France.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:40pm On Aug 05, 2021
Bob Myers and the Warriors are stressing me. embarassed

Just get Jarrett Allen and let us have peace of mind at least FFS.
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 5:50pm On Aug 05, 2021
Any team with Lebron, Westbrook and AD is a super team. A super team is essentially a core of 3 super star players and that is what that Los Angeles team is.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 5:51pm On Aug 05, 2021
SmooshCHN:
Bob Myers and the Warriors are stressing me. embarassed

Just get Jarrett Allen and let us have peace of mind at least FFS.

I have left the fate of GSW to injuries affecting other teams.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 7:29pm On Aug 05, 2021
Roland17:

I have been complaining about Dame from game one, worsestill, he is a defensive liability. Pop pulled down the hammer by benching him and giving Holiday and Booker extended minutes. Jrue played most of his minutes as a PG and he used his size as an advantage to get a lot of buckets inside.

Truthfully, I will like for Tatum to continue to come from the bench and this is why. Tatum brings in a spark especially offensively when he comes off the bench. He also has length to provide good perimeter defense. Middleton has had sparks of good showings.

It would be interesting to see what Pop does with his starting line up against a tougher and bigger France.

The worst thing about Dame is how much a liability he his on defense. Australia went at him whenever he was on the floor and he had no answers even lavine that has a reputation of not being good defensively stepped up big time, but Dame has been awful.
No wonder the Blazers has one of the worst defense for some seasons now
Re: The NBA Begins by livesports365: 7:39pm On Aug 05, 2021
Hello you can watch the nba live at https://livesports365.org/
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 8:47pm On Aug 05, 2021
Westbrook, AD and Lebron are not a team of superstars? No wahala. That one no weak me. It's LeBron acting like people already the expect worse from the Lakers because they became magically old, past their prime and then asking people to keep the energy narrative that weaks me. Alaye, it's your LeMinions saying your squad is not a superteam o. Saying you guys are old and aren't that good. You're not the underdog. Literally no one is even thinking that but the usual Lebron fashion, play the victim and then act like the underdog.

That Lakers team is top tier. I'm not buying the BS narrative. Barring injuries, anything lower than 2nd seed or Conference finals is a failure IMO.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1787) (1788) (1789) (1790) (1791) (1792) (1793) ... (2207) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.