Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,275 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1833) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1625742 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1830) (1831) (1832) (1833) (1834) (1835) (1836) ... (2208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:22am On Nov 11, 2021
DeeMain:

That is why emotional intelligence or control is taught these stars and taught in all endeavours.

Why the over celebration of Jokic's immoderate retaliation? Since when did two wrongs make a right? Why not call the two out?

There is a reason those convicted of manslaughter go to prison. You were provoked but you are still responsible for your actions.
Bone this talk this man. You are dealing with human beings not robots here. We are not celebrating Jokic's reaction we simply understand why he did it. So leave this moral policing thing you dey yarn

Nothing manslaughter has to do with this. Jokic defended himself. I guarantee you nobody will try him like that again. Stop looking at this from a pure basketball lense. What Morris did will not fly in any other walk of life so bone this yarns
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:24am On Nov 11, 2021
Roland17:

This analogy is so wrong in so many ways! First, it infers that because a kid is big, he/she can not suffer bullying. Secondly, it shifts the responsibilities of the result of bullying on the victim instead of the bully! Come on man! The problem is the bully here.. Someone who is notorious for cheap, dirty and dangerous plays! The victim has every right to defend himself. To you, bullying is about the physical act..naaaaaa..Bullying is more about the mental control than the physical act.

If a child has a history of bullying kids or targeting a particular kid, the school is aware, friends are aware, even the family of the bully is aware they are raising a bully. Keep your hands to yourself! It is the safest place it can be. You are not going to get sympathy for trying to bully a big kid who retaliates! He did not create himself, he was not the aggressor and most importantly, the same right you think you have to hit another kid, is the same right the kid has to defend himself! For once, call out the aggressor!
Na these kind people go hide under emotional intelligence dey blame victim. Smh
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:27am On Nov 11, 2021
DeeMain:

There are appropriate responses to bullying and inappropriate responses. The right response to being taunted or bullied by classmates is not bringing a gun to school and mauling them down. A child should be taught how to stand up and defend himself without going overboard. Gunning the person down or doing a mass shooting should be a no no.
How does your analogy apply here? Is it because Morris fell and over dramatized his ordeal? Na wa oh. Who said anything about guns? Why are you going from extreme to extreme
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:30am On Nov 11, 2021
Roland17:

Baba, the street know tough guys! no be by mouth, tattoos, carrying guns and social media posts! Come out 1v1...test your knuckles..

Na wetin make me like Kwame Brown! He told Gilbert Arenas say him dey try too hard to look tough but he is about the softest man he has ever known. No be to dey carry body guards and gun, he told Gilbert meet me one on one and lets see who makes it to the other side first. The same thing with Jackson! Since then, Jackson neva pipe low? He told Jackson, he is not cut out for all those red and blue crap! Come out one v one make we check something. Jackson neva shut up since then?
Any athlete carrying gun upandan is simply paranoid and scared of their own shadow. Why carry gun wey you no go fit shoot if shit hits the fan
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:46am On Nov 11, 2021
Good ol Kuz cheesy

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:50am On Nov 11, 2021
Where is birdman? Are the Lakers still proving you correct?? You people really tried very hard to convince us they were a bunch of bums without LeNomad cheesy

I'm not even happy they are winning make no mistake about it but sometimes my objectivity overrides everything else
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 12:02pm On Nov 11, 2021
Roland17:

Your responses prove you may not have any experience with dealing with kids who suffer or have suffered bullying. Your analogies in comparison to responses are far off apart. First, you misconstrue scenarios using "Big" kid, hopefully, you have leaned that there is no such thing as "Big" or "Small" kid when you are dealing with issues like bullying. A child that brings a gun to gun down 10 people after repeated bullying proves a failure in the system, not the victim. The victim will suffer the consequences of the mass shooting but I can assure you that the entire system that contributed to that failure will pay for it.

I am debating this analogy deviating from the adults and that is why your analogies do not match. Children/ young people have brought guns to school for lesser issues, worth more a situation where they are retaliating the emotional/ mental torture associated with bullying. It is similar to blaming a rape victim because you could not keep your hands and private part to yourself because she wear mini-skirt pass you. Suddenly the person that has been raped is at fault and is being blamed. This is sick bro!

The definition of overboard is not yours to define because you are not the victim of the emotional and mental torture associated with bullying. We have many adults whose lives have been derailed because they were victims of bullies, physical violence and rape. Hold the bullies accountable! Hold the system that allows bullies to thrive accountable. The victims of bullies, rape and violence have a respectable right to defend themselves. Please be careful when you use analogies especially when they have to do with kids.

Guy bone this your talk. The analogy was to bring out the folly in Shaq and Chuck hyping and glorifying immoderate retaliation on national TV when kids are watching and could pick the wrong values.

On that episode clips of Shaq and Chuck viciously mowing down their victim in a basketball game were being shown and they were glorifying it to show their support for fellow big man Jokic.

Kids are watching. What are we teaching them? That excessive retaliation is okay?

In my analogy, the big kid I used there represents Chuck and Shaq and Jokic.

The sensible thing is to condemn both the bullying and the culture that seeks to make heroes of immoderate retaliation or mass shooters.

Glorifying excessive retaliation like Shaq and Chuck did would send the wrong message to these kids and to society at large.

That's my last point on this.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:34pm On Nov 11, 2021
What is the correlation between mass shooters and a hard unnecessary foul that was retaliated on in the heat of the moment. What kind of Boko Haram analogy is that??

If the retaliation was premeditated that is even different, it was on impulse. No amount of kumbaya preaching will prevent an athlete or human being from not protecting himself when they are cornered or unduly attacked. Goodness

And KD mehn. 30 pts on 12 shots. That guy is a joke shocked
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:00pm On Nov 11, 2021
DeeMain:

Guy bone this your talk. The analogy was to bring out the folly in Shaq and Chuck hyping and glorifying immoderate retaliation on national TV when kids are watching and could pick the wrong values.

On that episode clips of Shaq and Chuck viciously mowing down their victim in a basketball game were being shown and they were glorifying it to show their support for fellow big man Jokic.

Kids are watching. What are we teaching them? That excessive retaliation is okay?

In my analogy, the big kid I used there represents Chuck and Shaq and Jokic.

The sensible thing is to condemn both the bullying and the culture that seeks to make heroes of immoderate retaliation or mass shooters.

Glorifying excessive retaliation like Shaq and Chuck did would send the wrong message to these kids and to society at large.

That's my last point on this.

Once again, there is no correlation between your analogies, examples and the situation. Stop using others to make excuses to condone a bad behavior especially since the behavior and person have a history. Stop using the victim as a stop gap solution to bullying, rape, domestic violence and other issues.

Now you have gone from retaliation to excessive retaliation. I have told you before, you and I are in absolutely no position to determine the degree of retaliation a victim should show because it is not you. A 10 year old was bullied severally in school, she ended up commuting suicide (this is a true life story, Infact it was on front page). Is that the stop gap approach that solves the problem, protects the bully and blames the victim for taking her life? If she retaliated by stabbing the bully to death, who are you to determine how she should have responded?

You can see the direction of your argument is wrong. You are trying to make a case for emotional intelligence when Infact emotional intelligence is rare amongst humans and having it doesn’t necessarily make you a better human than someone who doesn’t have it and doesn’t require it to make judgements. An atheist doesn’t need religion to know what is right or wrong.

Mark Jackson was on National TV yesterday supporting Morris, saying there was nothing wrong with what Morris did, everyone does it. But is Mark Jackson the problem? Not to me, the problem is Morris but you are here blaming the retaliation like you and I should be the judge of what is retaliation. Baba abeg stop!

Thanks for keeping the debate civil, I respect that a lot!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:02pm On Nov 11, 2021
A40:
What is the correlation between mass shooters and a hard unnecessary foul that was retaliated on in the heat of the moment. What kind of Boko Haram analogy is that??

If the retaliation was premeditated that is even different, it was on impulse. No amount of kumbaya preaching will prevent an athlete or human being from not protecting himself when they are cornered or unduly attacked. Goodness

And KD mehn. 30 pts on 12 shots. That guy is a joke shocked

Man’s smoking the rim. Whether dem change rules baba no even sabi!
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:37pm On Nov 11, 2021
Roland17:

Man’s smoking the rim. Whether dem change rules baba no even sabi!
The ones wey rule affect na him dey cry since. Make I no call names
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 4:17pm On Nov 11, 2021
Stephen A has a reputation for not saying anything good about the Lakers. You can put a gun to his head, he'll always find a way to bring up one irrelevant talk. Talmbout not all the people you saw on the court last night are going to be used in the playoffs. Man stfu angry
For him to say Vogel uses 7-8 guys in the playoffs means he doesn't even watch these games. Vogel uses at least 10 players in a series. In the Sun's series last year he used 15. Na just say na bumass Kendrick Perkins dey challenge am.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:40pm On Nov 11, 2021
birdman:

Its not Jokics fault the guy cant take a football bump. If he knew he was that soft, how shoulda never went looking for trouble in the first place! Soft like charmin, see as e dey moan for ground grin
I love this guy. Anyone who has been bullied for being soft would give Jokic a pass. They won't try that shít twice. grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:48pm On Nov 11, 2021
donlittle25:
Baba when i first come yankee, these kids go just they try you. Every day. I didn't want to get in trouble so i will always ignore them. Spoke to my cousin one day, and he said find one person you can beat and let everyone be there. Babe na so i find one guy wey i fit beat one day, he tall pass me small but i don sight him bone say na ajebo be this. If you see as i hammer am ehn, beat him to a pulp sha, no one else in school try me at all.

Brother i beat the boy so tey, na the last day wey them try bully me be that. American kids are usually like that till you snap.
Some people will come and quote how the Bible said if they slap you, turn the other cheek. grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:56pm On Nov 11, 2021
I like how the debate about Steph vs Harden, Lillard, Westbrook, etc has died. It was never close.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 10:42pm On Nov 11, 2021
SmooshCHN:
I like how the debate about Steph vs Harden, Lillard, Westbrook, etc has died. It was never close.

Assinn, with what the baby faced assassin is doing this season, he his no longer just making a case for a top 15 player all time, he his cementing his place as a top 15 player all time
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 12:13am On Nov 12, 2021
Khanben:

Assinn, with what the baby faced assassin is doing this season, he his no longer just making a case for a top 15 player all time, he his cementing his place as a top 15 player all time

Lol. Are his numbers this season better than last season?
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:30am On Nov 12, 2021
steady986:

Lol. Are his numbers this season better than last season?
Your own is to always just pick the other lane and drive. Are any of the other players doing anything close to what Steph is doing right now? Are their numbers even the same as last season let alone even better than last season?

5 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 7:08am On Nov 12, 2021
I am pretty sure even by this time last season, Curry's numbers were not as good as they turned out to be. Curry has achieved a lot this season without breaking a sweat. He is even beginning to look like a vocal leader. This season, he has not been required to go super nuclear to win games as compared to the prior season and that will prolong his career. Haters beware.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:22am On Nov 12, 2021
Paul George is really carrying the Clippers on his back this season, it has to be said.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:24am On Nov 12, 2021
SmooshCHN:
Your own is to always just pick the other lane and drive. Are any of the other players doing anything close to what Steph is doing right now? Are their numbers even the same as last season let alone even better than last season?

Lol. Who's talking about what others are doing? He made a statement that what Steph is doing this season is making a case for him to be top 15 all time. So I'm wondering whether his performance last season didn't make more of a case for him grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:55pm On Nov 12, 2021
Lol Rich Paul really the black Adam Gase. It would get to the point teams will not want to do business with his clients if he's not careful
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:08pm On Nov 12, 2021
A40:
Where is birdman? Are the Lakers still proving you correct?? You people really tried very hard to convince us they were a bunch of bums without LeNomad cheesy

I'm not even happy they are winning make no mistake about it but sometimes my objectivity overrides everything else

1 game? cmon now bro. cmon. any game where russ is the leading scorer is a fluke. just let it go.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:11pm On Nov 12, 2021
Android17:
I am pretty sure even by this time last season, Curry's numbers were not as good as they turned out to be. Curry has achieved a lot this season without breaking a sweat. He is even beginning to look like a vocal leader. This season, he has not been required to go super nuclear to win games as compared to the prior season and that will prolong his career. Haters beware.

Im glad you now see that being a good vocal leader is a plus. That trying to lead from the back last year was wack. This year, everybody knows get serious or stay on the bench

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:14pm On Nov 12, 2021
birdman:

1 game? cmon now bro. cmon. any game where russ is the leading scorer is a fluke. just let it go.
Lol. That's not the argument. The argument is the Lakers roster is more than enough to compete without LeNomad
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:38pm On Nov 12, 2021
A40:
Lol. That's not the argument. The argument is the Lakers roster is more than enough to compete without LeNomad

Any team can beat any team on any given night. Give me a 3-5 game win streak without LeKing versus the bottom feeders in the league, to at least show consistency. Im not impressed with big names, I want to see synergy. I want to see Lakers beat teams convincingly, not hero ball to save the situation. Otherwise all na paparazzi, big names with no bite.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:28pm On Nov 12, 2021
birdman:

Any team can beat any team on any given night. Give me a 3-5 game win streak without LeKing versus the bottom feeders in the league, to at least show consistency. Im not impressed with big names, I want to see synergy. I want to see Lakers beat teams convincingly, not hero ball to save the situation. Otherwise all na paparazzi, big names with no bite.
Three of their 5 losses have come from blowing huge leads. This is a newly formed team dealing with injuries amongst their younger players and LeNomad as well. Where is the consistency and synergy going to come from after just 10 games? Who has been convincing thus far besides Golden State. Be realistic!
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 6:23pm On Nov 12, 2021
steady986:

Lol. Who's talking about what others are doing? He made a statement that what Steph is doing this season is making a case for him to be top 15 all time. So I'm wondering whether his performance last season didn't make more of a case for him grin

It is about stacking up performances, Steph is 33, at that age most small guys are done. There is a reason why small guys are rarely ever talked about in the top 10 or 15 of all time.
Steph with the way he is going might have 5 years of torching teams after age 30. That moves him up any list

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 6:34pm On Nov 12, 2021
A40:
Three of their 5 losses have come from blowing huge leads. This is a newly formed team dealing with injuries amongst their younger players and LeNomad as well. Where is the consistency and synergy going to come from after just 10 games? Who has been convincing thus far besides Golden State. Be realistic!

Really? How are the other teams with crazy roster drama earning 6 straight wins? Are they not in the same league?

WC Top Tier:
1. Warriors - 6 straight wins
2. Clippers - 6 straight wins
3. Suns - 6 straight wins

WC Upcoming Tier:
4. Mavericks - Amazing what they have done with Porz missing many games
5. Lakers - Even without Lebron, they are losing to teams they should be blowing out
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:38pm On Nov 12, 2021
So I just watched the scuffle that happened between Gobert and Turner yesterday. Jokic don set precedent. OK na, make we dey mad dey go grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Danielnino00(m): 8:20pm On Nov 12, 2021
steady986:
So I just watched the scuffle that happened between Gobert and Turner yesterday. Jokic don set precedent. OK na, make we dey mad dey go grin

Staring Donovan Mitchell as Jimmy Butler grin grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:03pm On Nov 12, 2021
birdman:

Really? How are the other teams with crazy roster drama earning 6 straight wins? Are they not in the same league?

WC Top Tier:
1. Warriors - 6 straight wins
2. Clippers - 6 straight wins
3. Suns - 6 straight wins

WC Upcoming Tier:
4. Mavericks - Amazing what they have done with Porz missing many games
5. Lakers - Even without Lebron, they are losing to teams they should be blowing out
Which kin talk be this? Do they give you bonus win for winning 6 games in a row?? Bottomline only team with more wins than the Lakers are the Warriors and Jazz. The rest is jejune argument. The Suns, Clippers and Warriors have had no drama or huge roster turnover so dead the argument

The Mavs have mostly been mid. How many quality teams did they beat?

Lakers have had 5 losses. 2 without their best player arguably and another one with the second one playing just 6 minutes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1830) (1831) (1832) (1833) (1834) (1835) (1836) ... (2208) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.