Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,574 members, 7,955,115 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:24 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1839) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1720756 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1836) (1837) (1838) (1839) (1840) (1841) (1842) ... (2277) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:47am On Nov 20, 2021
Do your thing Tatum!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:49am On Nov 20, 2021
ALL DAY JT!
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:51am On Nov 20, 2021
Lebron is fired up! Is Tatum on nairaland? warris happening

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:22am On Nov 20, 2021
Omo this Lakers team is dog doodoo shocked shocked. They can't guard anybody

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:34am On Nov 20, 2021
Before I forget, good to see the beautiful Ross Gold again on the screen.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:36am On Nov 20, 2021
A40:
Omo this Lakers team is dog doodoo shocked shocked. They can't guard anybody

The Lakers have struggled to move their feet on defense during interior penetration by my Celtics and we have turned paint points into barbecue chicken.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:37am On Nov 20, 2021
Lets see how we finish the 4th
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:41am On Nov 20, 2021
Roland17:

The Lakers have struggled to move their feet on defense during interior penetration by my Celtics and we have turned paint points into barbecue chicken.
They are all lead footed. All of them. I don't know how they fix that as the games pile up especially considering their schedule has been the easiest so far. See as your disjointed Celtics dey take them shine.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:48am On Nov 20, 2021
Khanben:
Jeremy Grant for Simmons, this dude just did the sixers dirty.
That professional brick machine?? If that is who they get for Ben Simmons then Darryl Morey should be fired on the spot!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:49am On Nov 20, 2021
A40:
They are all lead footed. All of them. I don't know how they fix that as the games pile up especially considering their schedule has been the easiest so far. See as your disjointed Celtics dey take them shine.

Lateral movements, changing direction and making cuts in reaction to offensive penetration has been troubling. As for my Celtics, I don't think I have missed any game this season and in most of them we struggled to close out leads so I am watching to see how we finish tonight.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:49am On Nov 20, 2021
ALL DAY JT...LET DEM KNOW!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:50am On Nov 20, 2021
The problem with the Lakers is more than just Westbrick..Watch them on defense and you might understand. It is just too easy if you attack the paint.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:56am On Nov 20, 2021
That's how they said Luka and Trae have far exceeded Jayson Tatum. Na wa oh undecided
Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 3:56am On Nov 20, 2021
steady986:

You have nothing to say? When I say Giannis is the best player in the league, you and your type get triggered grin. Because y'all would never want to put him above your sweethearts KD and Steph. Deal with it bro, Giannis is the best player in the league.

Oga was laffing out loud at you saying Giannis is not a big man, that's the smelliest talk ever.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:56am On Nov 20, 2021
37 PTS/ 10 REB with 6 minutes left..
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:01am On Nov 20, 2021
A40:
That's how they said Luka and Trae have far exceeded Jayson Tatum. Na wa oh undecided

No forget to add D. Ayton and my boy Ja to the far exceeding list.. Den Wiseman/ Reddish/ La Melo Ball as approaching.. E off me like kilode..
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:05am On Nov 20, 2021
Roland17:

Lateral movements, changing direction and making cuts in reaction to offensive penetration has been troubling. As for my Celtics, I don't think I have missed any game this season and in most of them we struggled to close out leads so I am watching to see how we finish tonight.
They are absolutely shocking. Which is why I was baffled at how unserious they were with preseason. Their soft schedule was suppose to provide a buffer and if they had taken preseason seriously they would have figured things out and had a much better start whether LeNomad is down or not. They will now be under enormous pressure their next 15 games because if they finish play in this season again then they are getting embarrassed. Whether they are healthy or not
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:12am On Nov 20, 2021
A40:
They are absolutely shocking. Which is why I was baffled at how unserious they were with preseason. Their soft schedule was suppose to provide a buffer and if they had taken preseason seriously they would have figured things out and had a much better start whether LeNomad is down or not. They will now be under enormous pressure their next 15 games because if they finish play in this season again then they are getting embarrassed. Whether they are healthy or not

Consecutive seasons where the Lakers came into the season underprepared. They returned only 3 players from last season which should have heighted their sense of urgency in getting their play together before the season started. But...this is a very experienced side and if they stay healthy, they can put it together on defense especially when you consider they have F. Vogel. Coach Vogel needs to be realistic with how he wants to play on offense and the players at his disposal.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:24am On Nov 20, 2021
Roland17:

Consecutive seasons where the Lakers came into the season underprepared. They returned only 3 players from last season which should have heighted their sense of urgency in getting their play together before the season started. But...this is a very experienced side and if they stay healthy, they can put it together on defense especially when you consider they have F. Vogel. Coach Vogel needs to be realistic with how he wants to play on offense and the players at his disposal.
Its clear they have not learned their lesson. We just saw the Warriors without Steph, Draymond. Klay and some of their bench depth win at Detroit. That's a chemistry thing but the Lakers for some reason believe once LeNomad comes back everything just will magically be right again. But there is an element of pressure that starting badly will do to you. Already you can see the first two seeds pulling separation. I expect them to bounce back too but of all their losses I've seen this season this one is the most discouraging
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:20am On Nov 20, 2021
I see all of you have gotten mute about Harden's recent surge. Remember when I said J. Harden will be okay?

Vs Pelican: 39PTS/ 12 ASSTS/ 5 REB
Vs Warriors: 24PTS/ 4 ASSTS/ 4 REB
Vs Cavs: 27 PTS/ 7 ASSTS/ 10 REB
Vs Magic: 36 PTS/ 8 ASSTS/ 10 REB
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:29am On Nov 20, 2021
James Harden.

7/25 FG grin
3/13 3 PT cheesy
19/20 FT shocked
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:30am On Nov 20, 2021
Roland17:
I see all of you have gotten mute about Harden's recent surge. Remember when I said J. Harden will be okay?

Surge werey wo. He's merely back to getting his calls and whistles

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 9:22am On Nov 20, 2021
A40:
James Harden.

7/25 FG grin
3/13 3 PT cheesy
19/20 FT shocked

Exactly his game is too free throw centric, occasionally he gets hot but he lives and die by the whistle. This is why you can depend on him in the playoffs when the referees swallow their whistle and when team apply appropriate defensive schemes.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 11:23am On Nov 20, 2021
Roland17:

EL O EL
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:12pm On Nov 20, 2021
A40:

One game vs a Lakjers team that has forgotten how to play defense. Stop it. And this is something Tatum needs to learn- games like this will come where its like you cant miss. But you cant carry that to the next game. Those same shots will not fall late in the game with a better defensive team. I just get that feel he goes into the next game and tries to chuck his way to 40 pts again.
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 1:27pm On Nov 20, 2021
A40:
James Harden.

7/25 FG grin
3/13 3 PT cheesy
19/20 FT shocked
If you even watch the fouls that elicited the free throws you would know the NBA is a joke. The referees literally decide when to make him a star and when to show him who he has become - a proper fraud.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 1:28pm On Nov 20, 2021
etidy:

Exactly his game is too free throw centric, occasionally he gets hot but he lives and die by the whistle. This is why you can depend on him in the playoffs when the referees swallow their whistle and when team apply appropriate defensive schemes.
I don't believe in him anymore.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:51pm On Nov 20, 2021
etidy:

It's why I have never really rated his game like that. His style is tailor made for failure in the playoffs, he was yabbing Giannis the other time but me I prefer Giannis's bag to his.

He's a lousy volume 3pt shooter and a dribble crossover free throw merchant

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:58pm On Nov 20, 2021
Android17:
If you even watch the fouls that elicited the free throws you would know the NBA is a joke. The referees literally decide when to make him a star and when to show him who he has become - a proper fraud.
I was wondering why they have reneged on their commitment to ref the game better so early. It was laughable a lot of the calls he got

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:05pm On Nov 20, 2021
A40:
Surge werey wo. He's merely back to getting his calls and whistles

Not disputing this but you have to give him his due for finding his way back to the line. As much as you guys despise him, he is one of the best students of the game especially when it comes to interpreting the rules of the game to favor him. It only took him a minute but he looks like he has figured it out. Also, his assist numbers have increased which speaks to the overall improvement in his game. The Nets need Harden to put the numbers up if they are to stand any chance.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:11pm On Nov 20, 2021
birdman:

One game vs a Lakjers team that has forgotten how to play defense. Stop it. And this is something Tatum needs to learn- games like this will come where its like you cant miss. But you cant carry that to the next game. Those same shots will not fall late in the game with a better defensive team. I just get that feel he goes into the next game and tries to chuck his way to 40 pts again.
Abeg bone that thing. Tatum can go on this binge against any team. I do agree his shot selection is a work in progress but same argument can be made for guys like Devin Booker, Donovan Mitchell etc. Not everyone is going to prioritize efficiency.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:14pm On Nov 20, 2021
Roland17:

Not disputing this but you have to give him his due for finding his way back to the line. As much as you guys despise him, he is one of the best students of the game especially when it comes to interpreting the rules of the game to favor him. It only took him a minute but he looks like he has figured it out. Also, his assist numbers have increased which speaks to the overall improvement in his game. The Nets need Harden to put the numbers up if they are to stand any chance.
I have never really questioned his passing, I still believe the refs let him off the hook and come playoff time the Harden we all know and love will show up again. All I'm seeing is the refs are caving again. The man shot 7/25 grin grin less than 30% from the field. That is very fraudulent to me

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1836) (1837) (1838) (1839) (1840) (1841) (1842) ... (2277) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.