Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,074 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1840) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1628750 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1837) (1838) (1839) (1840) (1841) (1842) (1843) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:22pm On Nov 20, 2021
This Lakers team needs to be blown up. Coach Fizdale's body language is saying a lot. This team wants to superstar its way to a ring instead of working for it. Its not just Russ. Even AD has not really bought into the grind necessary. I am really interested to see how Lebron plays this. On the Heat, Pat Riley was that bad cop who could make everybody sit up. The team was also very mature with professionals like Shane Battier. I dont see that type of professionalism with this Lakers crew. Outside of Lebron, Melo, THT everyone is pretending to play hard.

Btw, is Al Horford a big man? Im just asking ni o grin
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:30pm On Nov 20, 2021
A40:
Abeg bone that thing. Tatum can go on this binge against any team. I do agree his shot selection is a work in progress but same argument can be made for guys like Devin Booker, Donovan Mitchell etc. Not everyone is going to prioritize efficiency.

Agreed, although some team mates have grumbled about it as well. Mitchell has learnt to let the game come to him more than he used to. Book is smaller than Tatum and he uses his quickness more to get open enough to take those high arcing shots. What is amazing to me is how Mitchell is the smallest of the 3, but he imposes himself on offense just as well.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:26pm On Nov 20, 2021
birdman:
This Lakers team needs to be blown up. Coach Fizdale's body language is saying a lot. This team wants to superstar its way to a ring instead of working for it. Its not just Russ. Even AD has not really bought into the grind necessary. I am really interested to see how Lebron plays this. On the Heat, Pat Riley was that bad cop who could make everybody sit up. The team was also very mature with professionals like Shane Battier. I dont see that type of professionalism with this Lakers crew. Outside of Lebron, Melo, THT everyone is pretending to play hard.

Btw, is Al Horford a big man? Im just asking ni o grin
Lol too early for that. They should chill till All-star break to see how far. The question is who will agree to bail the Lakers out. Trade Westbrook was trending last night but a GM accepting Westbrook right now is a fireable offence. I wouldn't take him if you gave me picks till 2031.

The Lakers have fallen into the trap of believing they are built for June instead of embracing the regular season grind. You would think they have learned from the Clippers and Brooklyn that talent is not enough. They seem not to realize that they are getting every team's best shot each night. Can't remember a single win this season that they have not had to sweat for. Even the Rockets.

If they lose to Detroit next I will agree that there is big problem
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:34pm On Nov 20, 2021
birdman:

Agreed, although some team mates have grumbled about it as well. Mitchell has learnt to let the game come to him more than he used to. Book is smaller than Tatum and he uses his quickness more to get open enough to take those high arcing shots. What is amazing to me is how Mitchell is the smallest of the 3, but he imposes himself on offense just as well.
Mitchell is a dog. The real rookie of the year. He used to be a notorious shot chucker too but he is learning to playmake and facilitate. This is what Tatum is lacking in a bit, the more he does that the better he gets at his shot selection. He is not consistent enough in that aspect
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 8:56pm On Nov 20, 2021
A40:

Lol too early for that. They should chill till All-star break to see how far. The question is who will agree to bail the Lakers out. Trade Westbrook was trending last night but a GM accepting Westbrook right now is a fireable offence. I wouldn't take him if you gave me picks till 2031.

The Lakers have fallen into the trap of believing they are built for June instead of embracing the regular season grind. You would think they have learned from the Clippers and Brooklyn that talent is not enough. They seem not to realize that they are getting every team's best shot each night. Can't remember a single win this season that they have not had to sweat for. Even the Rockets.

If they lose to Detroit next I will agree that there is big problem

I still believe Westbrook can be traded depending on the package. But it will be definitely not to a contender, which is where salary matching will cause issues. For instance the Spurs can do it just for the picks, since they need to rebuild.

PS: just a question, but does Westbrook fit the playmaker PG, that could work with the 2 guys in Boston?
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 9:00pm On Nov 20, 2021
A40:
Mitchell is a dog. The real rookie of the year. He used to be a notorious shot chucker too but he is learning to playmake and facilitate. This is what Tatum is lacking in a bit, the more he does that the better he gets at his shot selection. He is not consistent enough in that aspect

His shot selection is not totally his fault, he has no one to help create some easy looks for him
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:48pm On Nov 20, 2021
Khanben:

His shot selection is not totally his fault, he has no one to help create some easy looks for him
This is another underrated angle
Re: The NBA Begins by Blueelf: 12:34am On Nov 21, 2021
A40:
James Harden.

7/25 FG grin
3/13 3 PT cheesy
19/20 FT shocked

The free throw king

And he wonders why nobody puts him in the same breathe as Steph

Very overrated PG

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:04am On Nov 21, 2021
Blueelf:

The free throw king

And he wonders why nobody puts him in the same breathe as Steph

Very overrated PG
Makes his Giannis shade even funnier. Like what are the skills besides getting soft calls. Lmao man's shot 28% cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:07am On Nov 21, 2021
Khanben:

I still believe Westbrook can be traded depending on the package. But it will be definitely not to a contender, which is where salary matching will cause issues. For instance the Spurs can do it just for the picks, since they need to rebuild.

PS: just a question, but does Westbrook fit the playmaker PG, that could work with the 2 guys in Boston?
I'm just thinking in my head what the package would be. The only sense it would make to take on a Westbrook is if his contract is finishing this year. A rebuilding team like Spurs I don't know that they need more picks. They need to see what they actually have with the glut of young players they have and how good they are within the next 2 or 3 seasons and I don't see how Westbrook helps that
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:26am On Nov 21, 2021
A40:
I'm just thinking in my head what the package would be. The only sense it would make to take on a Westbrook is if his contract is finishing this year. A rebuilding team like Spurs I don't know that they need more picks. They need to see what they actually have with the glut of young players they have and how good they are within the next 2 or 3 seasons and I don't see how Westbrook helps that

Count the Spurs out of any Brodie sweepstakes. The Spurs are actively tanking, more so, they would not want to stunt the growth of D’J Murray. They also have a player in Primo (SG) who while is assigned to the G-League is an important prospect for them.

The Spurs are tanking for a top 5 pick, they don’t need anyone who is coming to disrupt that plan with stat padding wins. More importantly, Brodie is not the player Pop is going to throw his picks and young players to get. They are not trying to take up anymore heavy contracts even for one year.

The Lakers should consider moving Westbrik to the 2nd unit. Their 1st unit have too many players who need the ball to dominate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:53am On Nov 21, 2021
Celtics made light work of the Thunder in the first half. Let’s see how play in the 2nd.

By the way..SGA is not going to stay young forever, what are the Thunder planning? Kid deserves to play winning basketball.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:46am On Nov 21, 2021
We blew a 25 point lead to make the 4th more difficult than it should have been. This has been a recurring theme throughout the season for this team.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:50am On Nov 21, 2021
The BIG 10 is so brutal..
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 5:20pm On Nov 21, 2021
I am very sure the league agreed to let him have a few 15-plus-free-throws games. cheesy grin. Just let him.
A40:
Makes his Giannis shade even funnier. Like what are the skills besides getting soft calls. Lmao man's shot 28% cheesy grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 7:33pm On Nov 21, 2021
benji93:
I am very sure the league agreed to let him have a few 15-plus-free-throws games. cheesy grin. Just let him.
They seem to have let up a little to help some "stars" as the league had leveled up. Dame started getting the same nonsense too and next thing his numbers jumped back. Pathetic.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:51pm On Nov 21, 2021
Its time to get rid or bench Crosby..Man keeps costing us points and making the end of games too dramatic.

8th missed field goal ffs...
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:04pm On Nov 21, 2021
What a game! Like the other losses, Crosby's misses came back to haunt us. Great game by the GOAT! What else could he have done?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:09am On Nov 22, 2021
Roland17:
What a game! Like the other losses, Crosby's misses came back to haunt us. Great game by the GOAT! What else could he have done?
Swallow the L and rest bruv. Not every time salaye. When he makes it nau na Fraudgers go collect glory oh
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:16am On Nov 22, 2021
Omo. These Lakers. Jah Jehovah grin shocked

These same Pistons wey Golden State beat without Draymond, Steph comfortably

I no think say na talent issue, I don't even know if it's a coaching issue cos I believe at this point that every team has a pact to play their possible best to embarrass the Lakers every night because this makes no sense. Lakers should be blitzing these guys
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:26am On Nov 22, 2021
These guys have turned Jerami Grant to Kevin Durant grin shocked
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:45am On Nov 22, 2021
They ejected LeQueen. Ohh chale shocked grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:10am On Nov 22, 2021
Ok the Lakers have woken up. The ejection has done wonders. Man Stewart wanted to kill LeQueen for that elbow
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:28am On Nov 22, 2021
A40:
Ok the Lakers have woken up. The ejection has done wonders. Man Stewart wanted to kill LeQueen for that elbow

The guy wan end LeBum! grin grin It looked innocuous from LeBum to be honest.

Thank God say dem hold am back oh.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:28am On Nov 22, 2021
A40:
Swallow the L and rest bruv. Not every time salaye. When he makes it nau na Fraudgers go collect glory oh

I don gba kamu
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:32am On Nov 22, 2021
Roland17:

The guy wan end LeBum! grin grin It looked innocuous from LeBum to be honest.

Thank God say dem hold am back oh.
Lmaoo omo e for beat am to pulp oh. See how many people wey gats hold am
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:34am On Nov 22, 2021
Wow Lakers. What a comeback!!

See how the team galvanized after LeNomad got ejected. Later these Bronsexual pundits will talmbout how LeNomad makes a team better and teams struggle without him. Well they struggle because they aren't being the best version of themselves

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:42am On Nov 22, 2021
A40:
Lmaoo omo e for beat am to pulp oh. See how many people wey gats hold am

That guy no send LeBum.. Omo the kain strength wen e take dey down people wen hol am no be here oh! He was tossing them like donut left right and center grin

You hear announcer dey warn say "Fans stay off the court"! Any good student of the game should know why! grin grin

That announcement took me waaaayyyyy back! Shout out to Ben Wallace and Ron Artest (Metta World Peace)

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:18am On Nov 22, 2021
Roland17:

That guy no send LeBum.. Omo the kain strength wen e take dey down people wen hol am no be here oh! He was tossing them like donut left right and center grin

You hear announcer dey warn say "Fans stay off the court"! Any good student of the game should know why! grin grin

That announcement took me waaaayyyyy back! Shout out to Ben Wallace and Ron Artest (Metta World Peace)

Just went to watch it after your post. Frustration foul from Lebron as Stewart tried to mow him down for the rebound. For real though, guys like Stewart are the type of guys that will hold malice for months, go get a side piece and hit up the club shooting.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:20am On Nov 22, 2021
A40:
Wow Lakers. What a comeback!!

See how the team galvanized after LeNomad got ejected. Later these Bronsexual pundits will talmbout how LeNomad makes a team better and teams struggle without him. Well they struggle because they aren't being the best version of themselves

Lebron usually makes his team mates better, just by his bball wisdom. But it also tends to make his team mates get lazy because Lebron is there to bail you out. The team needs a respected enforcer that is not Lebron to get keep everyone disciplined. But everyone on this team is a nice guy.

wait, they were down 12 before the foul? Wow shocked shocked
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:26am On Nov 22, 2021
birdman:

Just went to watch it after your post. Frustration foul from Lebron as Stewart tried to mow him down for the rebound. For real though, guys like Stewart are the type of guys that will hold malice for months, go get a side piece and hit up the club shooting.

Considering the Lakers play the Pistons again in 7 days, 3 games after today, I will be shocked if the NBA do not suspend Stewart for 4-5 games. There is no way Stewart makes the trip to LA. I have seen hold me backs but this one looked very intentional and dangerous. He was almost maniac...
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:51am On Nov 22, 2021
Roland17:

Considering the Lakers play the Pistons again in 7 days, 3 games after today, I will be shocked if the NBA do not suspend Stewart for 4-5 games. There is no way Stewart makes the trip to LA. I have seen hold me backs but this one looked very intentional and dangerous. He was almost maniac...
Ahn ahn say wetin happen. If them open you like fanta for court you sef go vex. These guys are not robots gee. The ejection was enough. That was a nasty elbow

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1837) (1838) (1839) (1840) (1841) (1842) (1843) ... (2212) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.