Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,489 members, 7,816,156 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1847) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1625620 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1844) (1845) (1846) (1847) (1848) (1849) (1850) ... (2208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:58am On Dec 01, 2021
The Nets escape... That was close but a good game. Up and down, fast paced..
Re: The NBA Begins by bencr7: 4:27am On Dec 01, 2021
I just hope my golden state win this troublesome Suns and break their 15 straight wins
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:04am On Dec 01, 2021
Just like the 1st game of the night, this is nail biting and close.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:35am On Dec 01, 2021
The Warriors jam rock today. Man the Suns are a well drilled team. I wouldn't want to play them at all, especially in that their arena. No Booker and it didn't even mean a thing. Their tactics got Kerr sending Draymond to do post ups. Steph was outshined by CP3. Steph was a game low -17 while CP was a game high +21. Let's hope Stephen A will talk about it the way he talked about AD when he was outshined by Giannis or the way he praised Steph when he outshined KD and the Nets. But he wont; Steph is a golden boy after all smiley.

Meanwhile, a sweet payback by my Lakers on the Kings. That blowout was necessary for all those who were talking trash about the Lakers in my absence grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:42am On Dec 01, 2021
A bad shooting night for the Chef but hey, it happens. The more annoying thing for me is that the Warriors/Kerr failed to make adjustments on how Curry was being guarded. The Warriors will be fine, on nights like this they badly need Klay on the court.

The Suns and the Warriors will make a lot of noise in the post season. A possible matchup will be explosive and a must watch in the postseason.
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 10:34am On Dec 01, 2021
steady986:
The Warriors jam rock today. Man the Suns are a well drilled team. I wouldn't want to play them at all, especially in that their arena. No Booker and it didn't even mean a thing. Their tactics got Kerr sending Draymond to do post ups. Steph was outshined by CP3. Steph was a game low -17 while CP was a game high +21. Let's hope Stephen A will talk about it the way he talked about AD when he was outshined by Giannis or the way he praised Steph when he outshined KD and the Nets. But he wont; Steph is a golden boy after all smiley.

Meanwhile, a sweet payback by my Lakers on the Kings. That blowout was necessary for all those who were talking trash about the Lakers in my absence grin

He don start again..
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 11:25am On Dec 01, 2021
KNIGHTBlaed:

He don start again..

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 5:12pm On Dec 01, 2021
steady986:

I talk am grin Stephen A handed the golden boy an easy pass. Talmbout last night was an aberration, that he'll never shoot as bad as that again. Hell yeah he won't. We're not disputing that, but that doesn't change the fact that he stunk yesterday. Trust me if it was CP3 who stunk last night we'll never hear the end of it. These media fanboys pick and choose who to castigate. We sabi their way.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:18pm On Dec 01, 2021
Have to give props to the Suns. For some reason they can't seem to get their respect. Their run to the Finals last season was ridiculed and diminished but its clear that since their 8-0 bubble run the culture was set and like their Coach said "This isn't the same ol Phoenix Suns" turns out he was right. A guy like Ayton who didn't get his money and is balling out of his mind instead of pouting. Bridges playing elite defense. And my guy Cam Johnson, the Suns will be very lucky to keep that dude. Hopefully Giannis gets his due credit for beating that team
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:48pm On Dec 01, 2021
A40:
Have to give props to the Suns. For some reason they can't seem to get their respect. Their run to the Finals last season was ridiculed and diminished but its clear that since their 8-0 bubble run the culture was set and like their Coach said "This isn't the same ol Phoenix Suns" turns out he was right. A guy like Ayton who didn't get his money and is balling out of his mind instead of pouting. Bridges playing elite defense. And my guy Cam Johnson, the Suns will be very lucky to keep that dude. Hopefully Giannis gets his due credit for beating that team

The Suns have to be very careful with how much they are putting into sustaining this winning run. When you consider that CP3 has historically suffered injuries that severely limits his impact on his team, I will advise Monty to cut how much he is using his core players.

Giannis on the other I will admit is not getting enough due but some of that may be attributed to the market where he plays in. It may not seem like a lot but if you understand how money is distributed in the NBA, you may see why I attribute some of it to the market. Imagine if Giannis played for the Knicks or my Celtics tongue?
As far as getting the respect for beating this Suns team then I disagree. Giannis was the best player in that series, had the better rotation but somehow they made it more difficult than it should be until Giannis, the best player in the series took matters into his hand.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 10:15pm On Dec 01, 2021
KNIGHTBlaed:

He don start again..
I wonder why you guys take that guy seriously. I knew Warriors were going to split the series against Suns so it was only right that we lost on their ground. The team was very sloppy and the Suns threw bodies at Steph which helped but some of his shooting was woeful. To me, I had been silent on the Warriors this season, but I am now convinced with Klay and Wiseman back to 90% of who they can be, we are going to the NBA finals. No doubts. On Friday, Warriors will blow out the Suns and Steph will have a big shooting night. That rye smile at the end of the game (the same one he gave after we lost to the Blazers last season) gave him away. Steve Kerr has his skoi skoi moments but he forced Phoenix to show their hands. Sorry about DBooks injury though. Hope he comes back soon.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:37pm On Dec 01, 2021
grin

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:07am On Dec 02, 2021
Calling Kanter, Freedom will definitely get some getting used to. He has been impressive this season and has played his way into the rotation. Tonight, his combination with Big AL in this game has been good in the front court.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:33am On Dec 02, 2021
Can some guard Milton for goodness sakes angry
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:54am On Dec 02, 2021
Now the rim is broke and needs to be fixed.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:30am On Dec 02, 2021
Roland17:

The Suns have to be very careful with how much they are putting into sustaining this winning run. When you consider that CP3 has historically suffered injuries that severely limits his impact on his team, I will advise Monty to cut how much he is using his core players.

Giannis on the other I will admit is not getting enough due but some of that may be attributed to the market where he plays in. It may not seem like a lot but if you understand how money is distributed in the NBA, you may see why I attribute some of it to the market. Imagine if Giannis played for the Knicks or my Celtics tongue?
As far as getting the respect for beating this Suns team then I disagree. Giannis was the best player in that series, had the better rotation but somehow they made it more difficult than it should be until Giannis, the best player in the series took matters into his hand.
Truth is winning is a habit, you can't decide to switch on and switch off when the car is in motion. We all know how stubborn CP3 is and a Cam Payne is more into getting his first than setting others up so the offensive efficiency is not nearly the same

A lot of it is deliberate if you ask me and I still narrow it down to Giannis not being from there, the whole market thing in this era of tech and social media is a tired excuse. He is being deliberately overlooked. LeNomad played in Cleveland and got his dues

I disagree with your disagreement, for starters the Bucks were the road team so they were destined to lose one or both games to a team as good as Phoenix was and secondly Jrue and Khris Middleton were two of the most inefficient high volume second options I have ever seen on a Championship team. There is nothing you can do when Holiday is taking 18 shots and shooting at a 36% clip while Giannis is taking only 2 shots more
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:46pm On Dec 02, 2021
The Suns play tonight? Damn. And then they travel to the Bay to play Golden State tomorrow. And GS would be rested for 3 days. Plus no Booker. Na wah o. GS should win this easily.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 1:24am On Dec 03, 2021
Lamelo might be the starting PG for the east at the All-star game. Boy is good
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:34am On Dec 03, 2021
steady986:
The Suns play tonight? Damn. And then they travel to the Bay to play Golden State tomorrow. And GS would be rested for 3 days. Plus no Booker. Na wah o. GS should win this easily.

steph needs to drop 60 pts on 20 of 20 shooting to pacify me tongue

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:10am On Dec 03, 2021
A40:

A lot of it is deliberate if you ask me and I still narrow it down to Giannis not being from there, the whole market thing in this era of tech and social media is a tired excuse. He is being deliberately overlooked. LeNomad played in Cleveland and got his dues

Giannis is not marketable to the American audience. Period. Forget all the accolades they give him for being the good hardworking guy. The accent means they have to pay attention to hear what he is saying, and that is too much work for most people. We may think that is lazy, but it is what it is. If Giannis was more of a bad boy or dirty player, then at least the media would have an easy story to spin around him, just like in the movies. The bad african general, er player grin

Reminds me of Hakeem
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:58am On Dec 03, 2021
Thunder 79-152 Grizzlies shocked shocked shocked

73 points beat down!!
Re: The NBA Begins by BlueMann: 5:09am On Dec 03, 2021
HAAA! 73 POINTS?!

And without Ja Morant!

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:25am On Dec 03, 2021
I have said it before and I go talk am again..

Monty slow it down eh! Your core players are playing heavy heavy minutes in this unbeaten run, especially injury prone CP3. I just hope he does not regret this. It may look good right now but it never ends well.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:10am On Dec 03, 2021
So the NBA quickly went to unschedule the Lakers vs Clippers from national broadcast after learning LeBron had COVID, replacing it with Lakers/Timberwolves. Now LeBron is back I wonder if they're regretting that decision.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:14am On Dec 03, 2021
I can swear I've seen this photo in this thread before grin Perhaps a member of this thread.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:49am On Dec 03, 2021
The Lakers intend to start Dwight Howard against the Clippers and use only one center per game going forward. I want to see a rotation of AD and Dwight at the center. Given that LeBron can play and has played the center position in spurts this season, I think this is the right decision. Plus Ariza is on his way back to add more size in that front court.

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:11pm On Dec 03, 2021
steady986:
The Lakers intend to start Dwight Howard against the Clippers and use only one center per game going forward. I want to see a rotation of AD and Dwight at the center. Given that LeBron can play and has played the center position in spurts this season, I think this is the right decision. Plus Ariza is on his way back to add more size in that front court.

Welcome news!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:53am On Dec 04, 2021
I remember observing this Cavs team and they are looking like a big problem. Daarius Garland and Jarett Allen are definitely shoo in for All star appearance this season, the way they are beating the brakes off the Wizards is crazy. Even Kevin Love seems to have rediscovered his love for basketball.

Its pretty rare to see a team with 2 solid bigs, these guys have 4. Definitely will be a fun team to watch moving forward
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:01am On Dec 04, 2021
A40:
I remember observing this Cavs team and they are looking like a big problem. Daarius Garland and Jarett Allen are definitely shoo in for All star appearance this season, the way they are beating the brakes off the Wizards is crazy. Even Kevin Love seems to have rediscovered his love for basketball.

Its pretty rare to see a team with 2 solid bigs, these guys have 4. Definitely will be a fun team to watch moving forward

You are forgetting E. Mobley
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:11am On Dec 04, 2021
birdman:

Giannis is not marketable to the American audience. Period. Forget all the accolades they give him for being the good hardworking guy. The accent means they have to pay attention to hear what he is saying, and that is too much work for most people. We may think that is lazy, but it is what it is. If Giannis was more of a bad boy or dirty player, then at least the media would have an easy story to spin around him, just like in the movies. The bad african general, er player grin

Reminds me of Hakeem
Lol you just dey find excuse wey no dey. There is difference between not being marketable and general lack of respect. When you say marketable what does that even mean? I get that there are many players in any sport with more style than substance but it gets to a point where your achievements are undeniable and the bare minimum you should get is the highest level of respect

Now with your Hakeem analogy Hakeem was highly respected and revered, they called this man The Dream ffs, Perhaps there was a higher appreciation for greatness then than there is now because even Hakeem had not done what Giannis has done at 26, nobody has. Think about that, not Jordan, not LeNomad, not Duncan, not Shaq and not Kobe
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:12am On Dec 04, 2021
Roland17:

You are forgetting E. Mobley
Yeah he is among the 4 bigs I was talking about
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:28am On Dec 04, 2021
These Jazz are smoking us from the 3 ball, especially Conley and Spyda angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (1844) (1845) (1846) (1847) (1848) (1849) (1850) ... (2208) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.