Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,589 members, 7,816,450 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1848) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1625944 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1845) (1846) (1847) (1848) (1849) (1850) (1851) ... (2208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 4:12am On Dec 04, 2021
Roland17:
Thunder 79-152 Grizzlies shocked shocked shocked

73 points beat down!!

Chai...my OKC.. cry cry undecided undecided
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:15am On Dec 04, 2021
A40:
Lol you just dey find excuse wey no dey. There is difference between not being marketable and general lack of respect. When you say marketable what does that even mean? I get that there are many players in any sport with more style than substance but it gets to a point where your achievements are undeniable and the bare minimum you should get is the highest level of respect

Now with your Hakeem analogy Hakeem was highly respected and revered, they called this man The Dream ffs, Perhaps there was a higher appreciation for greatness then than there is now because even Hakeem had not done what Giannis has done at 26, nobody has. Think about that, not Jordan, not LeNomad, not Duncan, not Shaq and not Kobe

Outside of htown, Hakeem didnt get that much play. Thats just the honest truth. People can reminisce now, but it was what it was.

What you think of as respect is really just name dropping to sell shows that sell ads. If you dont make much trouble and are in a small market, you wont get much play. Go ask Tim Duncan - highly respected, but didnt get much play. By the same token,rookie Lebron wasnt the best player in the league in his early years, but he had enough antics to keep the news mill rolling at the same time Duncan was at the top of his game. Lebron got more props than Duncan did, even when Duncan won that ring vs Cavaliers!!

It is what it is. Nobody owes Giannis, or any other player anything. If you are going to keep your accent and stay in a small market, you cant get mad your name is not rolling off the pundits lips. No big deal as far as I am concerned.

some blockhead is going to read this and start talking about how I hate Giannis tongue

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:15am On Dec 04, 2021
aliondo:

it brought you out of hiding grin
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 4:18am On Dec 04, 2021
birdman:

it brought you out of hiding grin

Since K.D left,I no dey send them again cry cry
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:29am On Dec 04, 2021
The Chef just put poor Shamet on skates grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:30am On Dec 04, 2021
aliondo:

I been wan add you for the post but I already know say u dey in pains.

Take heart.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 4:37am On Dec 04, 2021
Roland17:

I been wan add you for the post but I already know say u dey in pains.

Take heart.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:29am On Dec 04, 2021
Warriors obliterating and ending that winning streak emphatically. The schedule guys didn't give them a chance tbh

Whether with or without LeProtocol. Lakers still a .500 team

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 12:39pm On Dec 04, 2021
aliondo:

The past few years have been tough on you. Take heart my guy.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:51pm On Dec 04, 2021
SmooshCHN:
The past few years have been tough on you. Take heart my guy.

At least people like @Aliondo are loyal supporters despite the sad state of his team.

Unlike @Birdman wen don desert him Rockets after feeding Harden all the burgers wen dey Houston and laying a curse on him. These days he can be seen bandwagoning the Lakers tongue and hating anything Celtics tongue tongue
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 3:46pm On Dec 04, 2021
Roland17:

At least people like @Aliondo are loyal supporters despite the sad state of his team.

Unlike @Birdman wen don desert him Rockets after feeding Harden all the burgers wen dey Houston and laying a curse on him. These days he can be seen bandwagoning the Lakers tongue and hating anything Celtics tongue tongue
birdman na so?
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 4:26pm On Dec 04, 2021
No No No. LeProtocol always finds a way to put it together eventually. Abi no be so? cheesy grin
A40:
Warriors obliterating and ending that winning streak emphatically. The schedule guys didn't give them a chance tbh

Whether with or without LeProtocol. Lakers still a .500 team

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 4:37pm On Dec 04, 2021
The best this Suns team will get against GSW with Klay is one or two games, and even those games will be close. I would have been more convinced if that first game was a blowout. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:22pm On Dec 04, 2021
Roland17:

grin grin

Birdman ti cast. He's a known LeStan so he gets a pass on the Lakers thing.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:26pm On Dec 04, 2021
birdman:

Outside of htown, Hakeem didnt get that much play. Thats just the honest truth. People can reminisce now, but it was what it was.
Much play in what sense? Hakeem was the most respected foreign born baller probably of all time. I don't know why you mean by more play. Prime Hakeem was never disrespected by pundits and players alike like Giannis gets disrespected.

birdman:

What you think of as respect is really just name dropping to sell shows that sell ads. If you dont make much trouble and are in a small market, you wont get much play. Go ask Tim Duncan - highly respected, but didnt get much play. By the same token,rookie Lebron wasnt the best player in the league in his early years, but he had enough antics to keep the news mill rolling at the same time Duncan was at the top of his game. Lebron got more props than Duncan did, even when Duncan won that ring vs Cavaliers!!

This play na only you know Wetin e mean sha. I'm talking about respect by pundits and peers. Nobody questioned Tim Duncan's game and status from day 1, Lebron had been on SI cover since high school.

I'm not out here expecting players to have the same level of hype I'm speaking to flat out disrespect and diminishing of certain player's greatness inspite of his historic feats

birdman:

It is what it is. Nobody owes Giannis, or any other player anything. If you are going to keep your accent and stay in a small market, you cant get mad your name is not rolling off the pundits lips. No big deal as far as I am concerned.

some blockhead is going to read this and start talking about how I hate Giannis tongue
No one is disputing this but if you're a pundit on any platform that should be taken seriously and not as a clown there should be a line and a level of achievement that puts a player clear of all doubts. The small market argument is an extremely arcane one. Patrick Mahomes plays in Kansas, Tom Brady plays in Tampa, Aaron Rodgers plays in Green Bay. In this era of social media where you can literally see every game. There is no hiding place.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 7:29pm On Dec 04, 2021
A40:

I'm not out here expecting players to have the same level of hype I'm speaking to flat out disrespect and diminishing of certain player's greatness inspite of his historic feats

Give me some examples. I personally havent seen anyone disrespect or diminish Giannis. I really am interested to know such instances

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 7:32pm On Dec 04, 2021
benji93:
The best this Suns team will get against GSW with Klay is one or two games, and even those games will be close. I would have been more convinced if that first game was a blowout. cheesy grin

The fact that this was a blowout means this game cannot be used to measure the suns strength. Na chess game o, and no one will show all their hands in the regular season.

I think the Suns are more dangerous than the Warriors still. Klay hasnt played NBA ball in years. He is not going to make the impact people expect in the playoffs. Also remember the rule change that is hampering jump shooters. Players will be able to defend more Klay more aggressively

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 7:37pm On Dec 04, 2021
donlittle25:
birdman na so?

lol, no mind roland17. No one even knew I was a rockets fan until 2-3 years back, even though I have always followed Rockets more than any other team. That is because I am more moved by personalities than teams. I understand that teams are corporations at the end of the day, so I dont over sweat it. I am not bleeding red or green for any bagger that does not pay me a cent out of their billions grin. Thats just the way I roll

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 7:45pm On Dec 04, 2021
Roland17:

I follow Rockets very avidly. I want to see Silas have the freedom of 2 more seasons with these guys and Im ok with tanking this season as well to get another good draft pick. It feels terrible to be at the bottom of the standing right now (we are actually worse than Thunder), but we have a talented core already that will surprise people in a few. They just need some time outside the limelight, but you gon recognize these names in a bit. Wood, Green, KPJ and Sengun are all-star material at the very least.
Re: The NBA Begins by darkelf: 8:09pm On Dec 04, 2021
birdman:

The fact that this was a blowout means this game cannot be used to measure the suns strength. Na chess game o, and no one will show all their hands in the regular season.

I think the Suns are more dangerous than the Warriors still. Klay hasnt played NBA ball in years. He is not going to make the impact people expect in the playoffs. Also remember the rule change that is hampering jump shooters. Players will be able to defend more Klay more aggressively

Please remember this comment when all is said and done

I won't forget. I will call you out personally

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:05pm On Dec 04, 2021
birdman:

I follow Rockets very avidly. I want to see Silas have the freedom of 2 more seasons with these guys and Im ok with tanking this season as well to get another good draft pick. It feels terrible to be at the bottom of the standing right now (we are actually worse than Thunder), but we have a talented core already that will surprise people in a few. They just need some time outside the limelight, but you gon recognize these names in a bit. Wood, Green, KPJ and Sengun are all-star material at the very least.

I know all these guys because I have seen more Rockets games than you this season tongue tongue

I agree with you about C. Wood but I don’t think Wood will remain with the Rockets, it will be interesting to see if he is not traded to a competitive team. There is some chatter that he could be traded.

Green has a lot of bounce and athleticism which great but I am always careful until after sophomore season to get too excited about rookies. Sengun looks like he has been playing basketball longer than a typical rookie in the NBA.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 9:50pm On Dec 04, 2021
What are you talking about? Wan ti de. "No one will show all their hands in the regular season". cheesy grin. You were obviously not listening. I said Curry was terrible, yet they barely won at home. And please don't give me the Klay has not played for 2 years talk. You mean Mr 2,3-dribbles-60-points? Players will be able to defend Klay more? Were you sleeping when you wrote this? Have you forgotten the Curry factor? How many people you go put on Klay and how many people you go put on Curry? Continue. Besides, 7-feet wiseman will also provide some big man minutes. I looking forward to WIseman dominating Ayton as Giannis did. cheesy grin.
The Suns are more dangerous? On which grounds? Please explain.
birdman:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 9:52pm On Dec 04, 2021
As far as I am concerned, Giannis is much better than AD. cheesy grin. That's all I know. If you have a counterargument come out. Anybody?

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 10:21pm On Dec 04, 2021
benji93:
What are you talking about? Wan ti de. "No one will show all their hands in the regular season". cheesy grin. You were obviously not listening. I said Curry was terrible, but they barely won at home. And please don't give me the Klay has not played for 2 years talk. You mean Mr 2,3-dribbles-60-points? Players will be able to defend Klay more? Were you sleeping when you wrote this? Have you forgotten the Curry factor? How many people you go put on Klay and how many people you go put on Curry? Continue. Besides, 7-feet wiseman will also provide some big man minutes. I looking forward to WIseman dominating Ayton as Giannis did. cheesy grin.
Curry had his worst shooting career wise and we were down 1 with 3 mins to go (game 1). The Suns are good and what not but they got 35 FTs yesterday to the home team's 12 and they still lost by 22. I said it before, Klay and Wiseman back at 90% of who they can be, Warriors make the NBA finals at the very least.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 10:26pm On Dec 04, 2021
birdman:

I don't know if they played their hands or not. They were just coming from a back to back so they are granted that. But that game was over by the half without the ridiculous free throws they got. At some point at just after the half, they had shot 28 FTs to Warriors 5. That game is not reflective of a well umpired game.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 10:57pm On Dec 04, 2021
birdman:

Give me some examples. I personally havent seen anyone disrespect or diminish Giannis. I really am interested to know such instances

Dude people called him the Robin to Middleton's batman. If that is not disrespect I don't know what is.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 11:14pm On Dec 04, 2021
Tristan Thompson lipsrsealed
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:57am On Dec 05, 2021
Khanben:

Dude people called him the Robin to Middleton's batman. If that is not disrespect I don't know what is.

like who? I mean serious guys o, not cj mccollum, dinwiddie and fellow clowns. I mean among guys like SAS, TNT crew, Fox crew etc
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:01am On Dec 05, 2021
benji93:
What are you talking about? Wan ti de. "No one will show all their hands in the regular season". cheesy grin. You were obviously not listening. I said Curry was terrible, yet they barely won at home. And please don't give me the Klay has not played for 2 years talk. You mean Mr 2,3-dribbles-60-points? Players will be able to defend Klay more? Were you sleeping when you wrote this? Have you forgotten the Curry factor? How many people you go put on Klay and how many people you go put on Curry? Continue. Besides, 7-feet wiseman will also provide some big man minutes. I looking forward to WIseman dominating Ayton as Giannis did. cheesy grin.

Right now Warriors are a one man crew. If you calm Curry down, you can beat them. Suns have multiple weapons that secure a win on any night. If Klay was healthy and has his legs, he could take some heat off of Curry come playoffs. But I dont think he will get his legs back to that extent this year. Its ok if you believe otherwise grin
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:03am On Dec 05, 2021
Roland17:

I agree with you about C. Wood but I don’t think Wood will remain with the Rockets, it will be interesting to see if he is not traded to a competitive team. There is some chatter that he could be traded.

Indeed, you are spot on. I hope we dont count our eggs before they hatch and trade him away thinking we have something better. He could very well be our #1 option over Jalen Green.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:49am On Dec 05, 2021
birdman:

Indeed, you are spot on. I hope we dont count our eggs before they hatch and trade him away thinking we have something better. He could very well be our #1 option over Jalen Green.

C. Wood can be the foundation and center piece for the Rockets or a good rotation piece for a competitor, with a chance to play for a ring. He turns 27 next year, which makes things quite dicey for him. Remember, he becomes an UFA in 2023 and that will be at the back of his head. The Rockets are going to need 2 more drafts to become competitive again in the Western Conference and that includes adding a good star player to complement guys like Wood, Green (if he doesn't become a D.A Fox).

Do you think the Rockets will be in a position to make strong moves for a star or two star players to build a competitive roster in 2 years when Wood becomes an UFA? Do you think the Rockets will be willing to splash on him as a center piece at the age of 28? There is a lot for Wood and the Rockets to evaluate.

This situation kind of reminds me of SGA's situation at OKC, the only difference is SGA is only 23.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1845) (1846) (1847) (1848) (1849) (1850) (1851) ... (2208) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.