Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,214 members, 7,815,242 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1915) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1624328 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1912) (1913) (1914) (1915) (1916) (1917) (1918) ... (2207) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:16am On Apr 30, 2022
According to multiple reports Joel Embiid suffered a right orbital fracture after colliding with Raptors Siakam in game 6 and is now out indefinitely.
Re: The NBA Begins by Android22: 3:17am On Apr 30, 2022
KAT is a beech. I wonder why anyone is surprised. Pesin wey Jimmy Butler use do mumu still beat you on the court as well. Draymond said the game(s) and consequently series changed the moment KAT started whining too much and he is right. I hope Draymond sees the irony as well.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:43am On Apr 30, 2022
Ja looking like a poor man's Westbrook
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:12am On Apr 30, 2022
Roland17:
According to multiple reports Joel Embiid suffered a right orbital fracture after colliding with Raptors Siakam in game 6 and is now out indefinitely.
He was doing bird man celebration up 29 with less than 4 minutes to go. I don't know what Doc's plan was but I'd like to believe they would have held on to a 20pt plus lead in the last 5 minutes even without Embiid. As it stands the Heat might have been spotted a game or 2 just like that
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:25am On Apr 30, 2022
Khanben:

The Jazz as a team defensively has 1 major strength and that is, Gobert at the rim and they also have 1 major weakness, which is perimeter defending. So any team that wants to beat them, when Gobert is on the floor has to do it from about 8ft out, which is how Denver and the Clippers did it in back to back seasons. The midrange jumper, runner or floater are all harder shots to make than a set 3 pointer.
That is why apart from Doncic, Brunson and sometimes Dinwiddie all the role players from the Mavs will mostly take the set 3 because it's a more efficient shot especially against the Jazz. At least that is the way I see it
I said that initially. I think it's an open secret that the Jazz lack the ability to contest or run teams off the 3pt line. I made reference of the Clippers doing the same thing last season.

The issue was the Jazz were shooting at a low clip and didn't at least try to feed Gobert some easy buckets. With the Mavs lack of size it's a warcrime for a 7'2 center to be averaging single digits in the series
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:27am On Apr 30, 2022
This Dillon Brooks plays with no feel sometimes. Just fouled out for naught
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 4:47am On Apr 30, 2022
The Grizzlies would take this one despite the home cooking.
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 5:03am On Apr 30, 2022
this is what i am talking about with spamming of threes. i mean your center that isn’t stephen curry shooting these threes in a close game during the playoffs, are you not supposed to be banging down low?

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:06am On Apr 30, 2022
One thing I admire about this modern NBA is the improved presence of Fathers in the lives of their NBA children. I love seeing the personal relationships between these players and their dad on display because you can see they genuinely love each other.

From Kyrie/ Drederick Irving to Ja/ Tee Morant to KAT/ KT Snr to Gary Payton II/ Gary Payton to Cole Anthony/ Greg Anthony to Ball Brothers/ Lavar Ball.. I love it because we did not see a lot of this in the past..

I hope these fathers can help these guys stay focused.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 5:12am On Apr 30, 2022
Twolves should just do a trade and swap for both centers. Gobert would improve wolves defense and Anthony Edwards become the number one option and KAt, well should do KAT things with Donovan

grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 5:58am On Apr 30, 2022
A40:
I said that initially. I think it's an open secret that the Jazz lack the ability to contest or run teams off the 3pt line. I made reference of the Clippers doing the same thing last season.

The issue was the Jazz were shooting at a low clip and didn't at least try to feed Gobert some easy buckets. With the Mavs lack of size it's a warcrime for a 7'2 center to be averaging single digits in the series

Did you not see who was guarding Gorbert down the stretch, they put Doncic on him and the few times he got the ball he was still not comfortable taking it to the basket. If he cannot score against an average defender who he has at least 6 inches on and is more athletic than, then there is no need feeding him the ball.
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 8:08am On Apr 30, 2022
A40:
Hold me accountable? Are you smoking loud or meth. Who died and gave you that appointment shocked

Fuq you and everything you stand for gee. Nobody gives a damn.

What are the negatives I say about Lebron apart from basketball related stuff and calling out his hypocrisy on China. We had someone here who alleged Michael Jordan's gambling killed his pops you did not attack or hold them accountable. Na me you dey hold accountable

May Amadioha impregnate you with triplets. Lunatic. Accountability kee you there

For every Lebron hater he also has an army of Bronsexuals and loyalists. So the 'slander' evens out. Which was my point

You ignoramuses suffer from main character syndrome that is why you would argue that Kevin Durant is not the most slandered player in the history of the sport.

Finally no be you go tell me wetin to do you cretin. I don't know you from a can of paint and I'd rather we keep it that way

Good. We are making progress. Thank you for not lying again. No more gaslighting. Own all your hate and slandering and smear campaign. That's all I ask.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 12:48pm On Apr 30, 2022
donlittle25:
Twolves should just do a trade and swap for both centers. Gobert would improve wolves defense and Anthony Edwards become the number one option and KAt, well should do KAT things with Donovan

grin

If the Jazz can flip Bog and Conley for athletic wings also that might not be too bad a trade. With KAT, Donovan and Clarkson they've enough volume scorers, so what remains are 3nD guys to help improve their perimeter defense
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:25pm On May 01, 2022
Good start with Big AL spreading the floor with his 3s.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:27pm On May 01, 2022
Tatum's improvement as a defender is so underrated. We all knew he has the potential to be a very good defender and boy am I happy to see the maturation of this aspect of his game.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:40pm On May 01, 2022
Bad end to the 1st Q. We started turning the ball over and going away from our offensive schemes which led to a 10-0 run by the Bucks.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:40pm On May 01, 2022
Bucks in 6 by the way.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:02pm On May 01, 2022
These turnovers man! 14 points off 9 turnovers has been the story angry
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:03pm On May 01, 2022
DeeMain:

Good. We are making progress. Thank you for not lying again. No more gaslighting. Own all your hate and slandering and smear campaign. That's all I ask.
Braah just piss off my mentions. I'm not a Bron fan and I'd never be so free me now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:05pm On May 01, 2022
Robert Williams is doing fantastic work on Giannis. Problem is Giannis is finding the open man and piecing the Celtics like a surgeon
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:07pm On May 01, 2022
Holiday can be so dodgy with the basketball. Which kin PG be this?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:08pm On May 01, 2022
My boy JB can't buy a bucket even if it was for a penny
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:10pm On May 01, 2022
Looks like both teams recognize the elite interior defense they're going up against. They've decided to beat each other form the three point line.

Meanwhile, Marcus Smart just left the court with what looks like a shoulder injury.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:12pm On May 01, 2022
Ahh be like Celtics don see defense wey pass them
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 7:12pm On May 01, 2022
Giannis is not KD!!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:13pm On May 01, 2022
If Giannis keeps making these free throws it's going to be a short series
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 7:26pm On May 01, 2022
Both teams are playing well minus the TOs. Both defenses came to play. Giannis is doing what the Nets big 2 refused to do, move the ball when you get doubled with length.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:27pm On May 01, 2022
Everything is at the top of the key and I don't like it.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:31pm On May 01, 2022
Khanben:

Did you not see who was guarding Gorbert down the stretch, they put Doncic on him and the few times he got the ball he was still not comfortable taking it to the basket. If he cannot score against an average defender who he has at least 6 inches on and is more athletic than, then there is no need feeding him the ball.
I understand Gobert's handles are dodgy. I pointed it out as well. I'm just saying that they have to find ways to incorporate him to the offense somehow. Otherwise it's no point playing him. I don't see why Gobert and Mitchell cannot have a PnR game running at all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:32pm On May 01, 2022
The Bucks are picking us very high which is disrupting our offensive sets
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:39pm On May 01, 2022
Celtics bigs have done an excellent job on Giannis. It would have been a blowout now
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:40pm On May 01, 2022
Marcus Smart looking like a bull in a China shop

(1) (2) (3) ... (1912) (1913) (1914) (1915) (1916) (1917) (1918) ... (2207) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.