Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,294 members, 7,811,882 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1913) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1620611 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1910) (1911) (1912) (1913) (1914) (1915) (1916) ... (2204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 2:12pm On Apr 27, 2022
birdman:

no sir, that is not good enough. How many Kyrie to Durant passes or screens did you see? That was not a team, just individual pieces. Thats because they have only had less than a month to actually firm up that rotation. So , yeah its majorly on Kyrie.

I'm not saying Durant doesnt have some blame, but of all the culprits, the guy showed up! I dont see how you can blame Durant over Harden, or Kyrie.

You'll have to blame Nash for that one. He probably was the one who gave them the go-ahead to play iso ball.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 4:43pm On Apr 27, 2022
Obviously he didn't mean he wasn't a great player, just not a great great player. The man got swept. He couldn't even get a game, despite some of the role players exploding. You got swept by an up and coming team. grin. So yes if he was a top 15 player before, this this sweep puts him out of it until he goes on an all-time run through the play offs.
Does everyone not still blame Stephen Curry for that epic comeback by LeBron and company even though the man is only 6,3. Thanks to Draymond Green, who despite being one of the major reasons that team works, can get unstable in his thoughts. I mean after that unnecessary encounter with LeBron, you couldn't own up your mess and come back the following here to win chip. It did not occur to him that perhaps if he had maintained his composure it could have turned out differently. He went crying to get KD as some pundits would remind us. I don't know why Curry did not object to it. The man just takes everything. cheesy

Sorry for just going on a tangent. That move by GSW still pains me. They just gave KD a free ride to consideration for top 15, such a gross overestimation of his greatness. Neither would I consider Curry top 15, the man still has some debt to pay. The discussion is not about who are the greatest pound for pound players.

So with what most of us thought of him, based on his exploits at GSW, a criticism questioning if he should have been considered that high up the ranking of greatest players is welcome.

Besides cut Sir Charles some slack, He has been at the receiving end of criticism all his life on TV, for not winning a ring, even sometimes from Kenny, the prototypical bus rider even though he was instrumental in those Rocket championships. It's just awkward for Sir Charles to say that, when there's one sitting next to him. grin

Also, everyone should be allowed to come in though, as long as they can take the smoke too. grin. They clearly hate it when KD is mentioned in the same sentence as Lebron. This was a perfect opportunity to pounce.
donlittle25:
I don't really understand Ajala fans man.

All over social media, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube from Charles to Kenny to shaq to Stephen to Rose, to Skip and over 1 million tweets on Instagram in almost an hour after the game are ripping KD to shred.

Barkley sat on tv and said he is not a great player, even A40 said he is not among the top 15. Roland called him out. Everyone even on youtube, and Instagram comment is calling him out but for some weird reasons, Ajala fans said everyone his giving him a pass.

How did this become about a nigga that didn't make even the freaking play in?

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by mattfeuter(m): 4:56pm On Apr 27, 2022
donlittle25:
Was this the same TNT we watched yesterday after the game? Barkley made fun of him and even Kenny Smith had to say he has been waiting for this.

Stop being so disingenuous man, it's sickening. Barkley flat out called him out yesterday unless it's not the same thing we watched Abi na YouTube you take see am?

So what if KD gets called out?

It comes with the territory. Just couple of days ago, T Mac called him and Kyrie the most skilled duo EVER and now they just got SWEPT in the FIRST ROUND.

Abeg make he dey go him Cancun jor. . . . The flight leaves JFK at about 7am daily grin

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by mattfeuter(m): 5:05pm On Apr 27, 2022
benji93:
Obviously he didn't mean he wasn't a great player, just not a great great player. The man got swept. He couldn't even get a game, despite some of the role players exploding. You got swept by an up and coming team. grin. So yes if he was a top 15 player before,, how's it going well I don't know I'm trying to move this sweep puts him out of it until he goes on an all-time run through the play offs.
Does everyone not still blame Stephen Curry for that epic comeback by LeBron and company even though the man is only 6,3. Thanks to Draymond Green, who despite being one of the major reasons that team works, can get unstable in his thoughts. I mean after that unnecessary encounter with LeBron, you couldn't own up your mess and come back the following here to win chip. It did not occur to him [b]that perhaps if he had maintained his composure it could have turned out differently. He went crying to get KD as some pundits would remind us. I don't know why Curry did not object to it. The man just takes everything. cheesy

Sorry for just going on a tangent. That move by GSW still pains me. They just gave KD a free ride to consideration for top 15, such a gross overestimation of his greatness. Neither would I consider Curry top 15, the man still has some debt to pay. The discussion is not about who are the greatest pound for pound players.

So with what most of us thought of him, based on his exploits at GSW, a criticism questioning if he should have been considered that high up the ranking of greatest players is welcome.

Besides cut Sir Charles some slack, He has been at receiving end of criticism all his life on TV, for not winning a ring, even sometimes from Kenny, the prototypical bus rider even though he was instrumental in those Rocket championships. It's just awkward for Sir Charles to say that, when there's one sitting next to him. grin

I agree with everything you said except saying you don’t consider Steph a top 15 player of all time.

Apart from him being one of the greatest shooters of all time, that man is a true point guard who literally changed the game. I’ll rather have Steph than Kyrie on my team.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 5:50pm On Apr 27, 2022
He still has some debt to pay. grin
mattfeuter:

I agree with everything you said except saying you don’t consider Steph a top 15 player of all time.

Apart from him being one of the greatest shooters of all time, that man is a true point guard who literally changed the game. I’ll rather have Steph than Kyrie on my team.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 5:53pm On Apr 27, 2022
But honestly though why do pundits repeatedly put basketball and 'brilliant mind' in the same sentence. As in 'brilliant basketball mind'.grin. No wonder some of them feel the need to offer opinions on issues they have no idea about. cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Android22: 6:43pm On Apr 27, 2022
benji93:
He still has some debt to pay. grin
It depends on what you mean but Curry deserved to be FMVP in 2015 and 2018 (when GSW won that 2nd ring with KD there).
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 6:54pm On Apr 27, 2022
benji93:
Obviously he didn't mean he wasn't a great player, just not a great great player. The man got swept. He couldn't even get a game, despite some of the role players exploding. You got swept by an up and coming team. grin. So yes if he was a top 15 player before,, how's it going well I don't know I'm trying to move this sweep puts him out of it until he goes on an all-time run through the play offs.
Does everyone not still blame Stephen Curry for that epic comeback by LeBron and company even though the man is only 6,3. Thanks to Draymond Green, who despite being one of the major reasons that team works, can get unstable in his thoughts. I mean after that unnecessary encounter with LeBron, you couldn't own up your mess and come back the following here to win chip. It did not occur to him that perhaps if he had maintained his composure it could have turned out differently. He went crying to get KD as some pundits would remind us. I don't know why Curry did not object to it. The man just takes everything. cheesy

Besides cut Sir Charles some slack, He has been at receiving end of criticism all his life on TV, for not winning a ring, even sometimes from Kenny, the prototypical bus rider even though he was instrumental in those Rocket championships. It's just awkward for Sir Charles to say that, when there's one sitting next to him. grin

Barkley was already talking about how a great player shouldn't be swept in a 7 game playoff series as it pertains to Jokic before the Nets got swept, so he had already put it out their before.

Furthermore, the talk about being the bus driver on a championship team did not start today, what Barkley said about KD has been said about Magic, when people wondered if he could do it as the best player when KAJ started to decline, it was said about Kobe from the day Shaq left, it was also said about Lebron after his 2 chips with the heat, which was one of the main reasons he went back to Cleveland.
guys like the Admiral, Clyde etc all have to own the fact that yes they were great, but they were not the bus drivers for their championship runs.

One of the reasons I personally don't begrudge sports superstars their huge wages, is because it is one of the few jobs that not only are you trying to perform why people of equal or near equal talent are trying to stop you, you are doing it 50% of the time in hostile environment and worst of all every tom dick and Harry will have an opinion or insult about your performance including those who know or don't know anything about the sport.
It's a time honored tradition and the internet vis a vis social media has made it worse.
As a sportsman you, either need to come to terms, with it, or keep up a back and forth with media members and general public, or you quit.
KD chose the second of those options as is his right, but the tradition of wanting the best to continue to prove themselves by changing the stakes will never end , it's simply human nature, one which a large section of the species do not consider toxic behavior.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 7:33pm On Apr 27, 2022
birdman:

Durant showed up from day 1. No drama, pure professionalism. They entered playoffs as a low seed because 2 out of 3 stars players weren't as committed. KD deserves some shielding. Kyrie needs to account - after all that drama, no production

What are you talking about? KD showed up only in game 4, Kyrie showed up and carried the team in game 1 where they almost got the W.

No hiding place or shielding for anybody o. Make the desecration reach everybody. All players should be judged using the Lebron haters' criteria.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by felix00(m): 7:43pm On Apr 27, 2022
DeeMain:

What are you talking about? KD showed up only in game 4, Kyrie showed up and carried the team in game 1 where they almost got the W.

No hiding place or shielding for anybody o. Make the desecration reach everybody. All players should be judged using the Lebron haters' criteria.

He meant the regular season boss
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 8:22pm On Apr 27, 2022
donlittle25:
I don't really understand Ajala fans man.

All over social media, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube from Charles to Kenny to shaq to Stephen to Rose, to Skip and over 1 million tweets on Instagram in almost an hour after the game are ripping KD to shred.

Barkley sat on tv and said he is not a great player, even A40 said he is not among the top 15. Roland called him out. Everyone even on youtube, and Instagram comment is calling him out but for some weird reasons, Ajala fans said everyone his giving him a pass.

How did this become about a nigga that didn't make even the freaking play in?

Guy, read what I wrote again. Where did I mention YouTube or twitter or Instagram?

I mentioned specifically that at least on this thread he is being given a pass, all resident Lebron haters are forming considerate and there's only few mild trolling, nothing heavy, unlike the wild insults and desecration that would have engulfed here had it been it was Lebron.

On the social media slander.

You all judged Lebron so violently over the years without mercy, like he was a robber. Now you all should have a little taste of the monster you birthed.

I just pity KD. No one deserves this treatment, not him, not Kyrie, not Bron. They are all humans like the rest of us, with imperfections and hearts that can be hurt, playing the game they love.
Re: The NBA Begins by BlueMann: 12:16am On Apr 28, 2022
Getting ready for another beatdown. We're definitely getting flogged out of the playoffs cheesy

At least we didn't get swept like i expected, that win in game 2 was noice kiss
Re: The NBA Begins by BlueMann: 1:01am On Apr 28, 2022
LaVine and Caruso ain't even playing

We might get violated real bad embarassed
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:13am On Apr 28, 2022
The movement of the Warriors is not as crisp as usual today and they are missing shots. Credit to the Nuggets, they are battling to keep it close and just hang around.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:37am On Apr 28, 2022
DeeMain:

Guy, read what I wrote again. Where did I mention YouTube or twitter or Instagram?

I mentioned specifically that at least on this thread he is being given a pass, all resident Lebron haters are forming considerate and there's only few mild trolling, nothing heavy, unlike the wild insults and desecration that would have engulfed here had it been it was Lebron.

On the social media slander.

You all judged Lebron so violently over the years without mercy, like he was a robber. Now you all should have a little taste of the monster you birthed.

I just pity KD. No one deserves this treatment, not him, not Kyrie, not Bron. They are all humans like the rest of us, with imperfections and hearts that can be hurt, playing the game they love.
Nobody in the history of basketball has chopped more slander than Kevin Durant. To dispute this is to be deliberately dishonest

Emphasis on slander
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:39am On Apr 28, 2022
Jokic wiping those boards clean. Damn
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:25am On Apr 28, 2022
The Chef has taken over…
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:28am On Apr 28, 2022
Foul trouble for Jokic ultimately cost the Nuggets, could have easily stolen this
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:34am On Apr 28, 2022
A40:
Foul trouble for Jokic ultimately cost the Nuggets, could have easily stolen this

M. Malone could have managed his fouls better. Cousins was giving them good minutes when Jokic picked up his 4th and was on the bench but I thought Malone reinserted him back too early and of course he picked up his 5th. Also, he was limited by the hamstring.

The Warriors looked lethargic but they picked up in the 4th and made important shots led by the Chef and GPII. The Warriors were just too much for the Nuggets but what a talented player we have in Jokic.
Re: The NBA Begins by kushercain: 7:57am On Apr 28, 2022
donlittle25:
Kevin Durant is a sensitive fawk.

you got swept with kyrie and now posting stupid stories

That bus rider dig pain ma guy
Re: The NBA Begins by mattfeuter(m): 2:30pm On Apr 28, 2022
A40:
Nobody in the history of basketball has chopped more slander than Kevin Durant. To dispute this is to be deliberately dishonest

Emphasis on slander

A40, I’m suprised that you actually made that statement.

I strongly disagree.

Lebron gets way more slandered than KD.

OKC years, he wasn’t under pressure, the majority of the blame goes to Russ. Nobody was really slandering him back then.

Golden state, yes, he was the most complete player on that team but had no real pressure because he had Steph, Klay and Draymond.

Brooklyn Nets, this was the first time he’s been under pressure to win and prove that he can carry a team on his own and the Brodie got swept.

This right here is the reason he’s just getting pretty much of the heat.

Now let’s take a step-back. Before the 2 finals MVP, he was never regarded as the best player in the world, but after he got them, Most analysts were saying he’s better than Lebron and this is how the pressure starts building up.

LeBron has been under pressure and expectations right from HIGH SCHOOL and has lived up to the hype. This season just proved how hard it has been for him to maintain dominance in the league throughout these years.

Up until this day, people still hold him accountable for the 2011 finals collapse and talk about it on his IG/Twitter comment section 24/7.

If you replace KD with Lebron on that nets team, I don’t think they’d have gotten swept.

5 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:30pm On Apr 28, 2022
mattfeuter:

A40, I’m suprised that you actually made that statement.

I strongly disagree.

Lebron gets way more slandered than KD.

OKC years, he wasn’t under pressure, the majority of the blame goes to Russ. Nobody was really slandering him back then.

Golden state, yes, he was the most complete player on that team but had no real pressure because he had Steph, Klay and Draymond.

Brooklyn Nets, this was the first time he’s been under pressure to win and prove that he can carry a team on his own and the Brodie got swept.

This right here is the reason he’s just getting pretty much of the heat.

Now let’s take a step-back. Before the 2 finals MVP, he was never regarded as the best player in the world, but after he got them, Most analysts were saying he’s better than Lebron and this is how the pressure starts building up.

LeBron has been under pressure and expectations right from HIGH SCHOOL and has lived up to the hype. This season just proved how hard it has been for him to maintain dominance in the league throughout these years.

Up until this day, people still hold him accountable for the 2011 finals collapse and talk about it on his IG/Twitter comment section 24/7.

If you replace KD with Lebron on that nets team, I don’t think they’d have gotten swept.

No. You people are conflating Expectations for Slander.

When you're in the GOAT conversation you can not be talking about slander again. After 2011 debacle Lebron left slanderville.

Nobody is questioning the legitimacy of his titles like KD so comparing their slander is highly dubious. KD is the first player in the history of basketball that pundits in major sports networks are openly putting asterisks on his championships

Which slander fit pass that one?

When Lebron was adjudged the best player he won 4 MVPs and got his accolades without comma, people were even trying to hand him Marc Gasol's rightfully deserved DPOY award. And Derrick Rose's deserved MVP as well.
KD never enjoyed such luxuries. It was always best player with a but.

Guy. 2011 slander will never compare to KD joining GSW slander. Tell me when Lebron has ever been labeled a snake and a cupcake.

Again Lebron is in GOAT conversation, KD is not top 15 as we speak so how can you equate their slander

What would LeNomad have done different? Considering Kyrie only scored more than 20 points in one game? Max he wins 1 game. Is it Lebron that will make Nic Claxton not miss 10 free throws in a row? Be realistic please

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 6:55pm On Apr 28, 2022
A40:

Emphasis on slander

I strongly disagree. You, a self- confessed Lebron's slanderer-in-chief on NL, know your statement above cannot be true.

Slander: To malign, vilify, defame, a campaign of calumny; making malicious statements, making statements that cause people to have a bad opinion of someone, making statements about someone that damages or hurts his reputation.

What has Lebron not endured from you hateful lot for years and years? What?

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:21pm On Apr 28, 2022
DeeMain:

I strongly disagree. You, a self- confessed Lebron's slanderer-in-chief on NL, know your statement above cannot be true.

Slander: To malign, vilify, defame, a campaign of calumny; making malicious statements, making statements that cause people to have a bad opinion of someone, making statements about someone that damages or hurts his reputation.

What has Lebron not endured from you hateful lot for years and years? What?

You're being extremely dishonest. Even in the midst of my talk I still have LeNomad as number 2 on my list. What have I said that is damaging to his reputation? You people just use words carelessly

For every me there's at least 3 aggressive Bronsexuals right here on this page. Rabid Lebron fans that will put their credibility and everything else on the line to defend him. From fans to mainstream media Bronsexuals full ground

You think everyone is going to love him? That is not possible. Jordan in his prime was the most popular athlete on the planet undisputed and still had haters.

Any slander on Lebron will always get pushback from his army of Bronsexuals. Who bats for KD on the other hand? To the point he needs to create burner accounts to defend himself.

Just look at, you're here Bronsexualin already and you don't even know it.

5 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:45am On Apr 29, 2022
The Suns are getting outworked and out rebounded, especially on the offensive glass which is leading to 2nd chance points.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 2:07am On Apr 29, 2022
CP3 is just too good....those midrange shots...damn shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 2:10am On Apr 29, 2022
CJ McCollum picks his 5th foul on a night he is playing so well. Chris Paul can't miss. This looks like the end of the road for the Pelicans.
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 2:29am On Apr 29, 2022
The Pelicans refuse to go away. End of 3rd quarter.
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 2:36am On Apr 29, 2022
what if we get a game 7?
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 2:55am On Apr 29, 2022
chris paul. chris paul is doing everything right
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 2:59am On Apr 29, 2022
Quick question, has Ayton helped his case for a Max contract with his playoffs performance so far?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:02am On Apr 29, 2022
I remember saying I didn’t think this would be a 7 game series but credit to the Pelicans for refusing to rank the season, make it into the play in and the playoffs. These are the experiences that help young teams. We saw the Grizzlies go through this and I think the Pelicans are on the right path, even without Zion.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1910) (1911) (1912) (1913) (1914) (1915) (1916) ... (2204) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: greypencils and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.