Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1914) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1623995 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1911) (1912) (1913) (1914) (1915) (1916) (1917) ... (2207) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 3:03am On Apr 29, 2022
Roland17:
I remember saying I didn’t think this would be a 7 game series but credit to the Pelicans for refusing to rank the season, make it into the play in and the playoffs. These are the experiences that help young teams. We saw the Grizzlies go through this and I think the Pelicans are on the right path, even without Zion.
man, look at willie green.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 3:05am On Apr 29, 2022
Roland17:
I remember saying I didn’t think this would be a 7 game series but credit to the Pelicans for refusing to rank the season, make it into the play in and the playoffs. These are the experiences that help young teams. We saw the Grizzlies go through this and I think the Pelicans are on the right path, even without Zion.

They have finally gotten the right coach. All they now need is a team that fits and the good news for them is that they have a lot of young guns which will allow them some flexibility.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:06am On Apr 29, 2022
Second round games in the west would be a battle for sure. I want to see Dallas play the Suns. I think they're a better matchup for them than the Jazz.
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 3:11am On Apr 29, 2022
Phoenix wins. Pelicans are a problem. Went down fighting. They've earned their respect.

Chris Paul, made all 14 attempted shots! 14 for 14. Respect.

Emotional game.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:57am On Apr 29, 2022
I guess J. Kid’s strategy in this series if just to jack up 3 point attempts because I am not seeing another strategy here. Except I am missing something
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:39am On Apr 29, 2022
Am I watching a 3point contest here? What is this?
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 4:40am On Apr 29, 2022
Roland17:
Am I watching a 3point contest here? What is this?
i they vex. just 3 points everywhere. no one is controlling the tempo of the game.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:05am On Apr 29, 2022
donlittle25:
i they vex. just 3 points everywhere. no one is controlling the tempo of the game.

As in? I can't understand for the life of me what I am watching right now. Guys just spamming 3s, nothing more.
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 5:23am On Apr 29, 2022
conley travelled
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 5:31am On Apr 29, 2022
CP3 14-14fg, the dude is a PG god
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:50am On Apr 29, 2022
donlittle25:

As if shooting 3s is not part of the game. Don't they make plays to create those shots? It's not as if every time, they just walk up the court and take ill-advised 3s. If it's their strategy then it seems to be working. They shot 39.5% in this game. Not bad if you ask me. When you play against one of the best rim protectors in the game you have to adjust your strategy.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:59am On Apr 29, 2022
No CJ McCollum hype today. We move.
Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 11:49am On Apr 29, 2022
steady986:

As if shooting 3s is not part of the game. Don't they make plays to create those shots? It's not as if every time, they just walk up the court and take ill-advised 3s. If it's their strategy then it seems to be working. They shot 39.5% in this game. Not bad if you ask me. When you play against one of the best rim protectors in the game you have to adjust your strategy.

Honestly the amount of 3's was ridiculous to
Say the least, but Rudy gobert is a big factor on how they played. But make dem disband that jazz team, always underperforming come post season.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 12:46pm On Apr 29, 2022
joshboo:

Honestly the amount of 3's was ridiculous to
Say the least, but Rudy gobert is a big factor on how they played. But make dem disband that jazz team, always underperforming come post season.

They place so much worth on D. Mitch and Gobert. Those guys are 2nd and 3rd options at best on a championship team.
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 12:59pm On Apr 29, 2022
steady986:

Did you watch the game? at the point roland and i posted this, it was just come down and launch a three and same thing on the other end. No ball movement. we lived by that three.

my issue with the dallas team is we don’t have anyone that can play the midrange game well when threes are not dropping. We are lacking that something the celtics have in tatum and jaylen. Not saying doncic can’t do that though, but he seems to settle for more threes and it will come a time in the playoffs we’re it will be our undoing

Anyways, with the way you responded, i am sure you did not watch the game. How many teams have won championships recently shooting threes like that apart from the warriors. i will wait

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 3:08pm On Apr 29, 2022
steady986:

They place so much worth on D. Mitch and Gobert. Those guys are 2nd and 3rd options at best on a championship team.

That is where they made a mistake, they should never have paid Gorbert an above max and below supermax deal. Dude should be on max a 4yr/120mil deal and they gave him over 200mil.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:42pm On Apr 29, 2022
Lol. Small criticism, Kyrie don go drop essay for Twitter. KD dey busy dey go back and forth with fans. Can never be LeBron grin

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:50pm On Apr 29, 2022
donlittle25:
Did you watch the game? at the point roland and i posted this, it was just come down and launch a three and same thing on the other end. No ball movement. we lived by that three.

my issue with the dallas team is we don’t have anyone that can play the midrange game well when threes are not dropping. We are lacking that something the celtics have in tatum and jaylen. Not saying doncic can’t do that though, but he seems to settle for more threes and it will come a time in the playoffs we’re it will be our undoing

Anyways, with the way you responded, i am sure you did not watch the game. How many teams have won championships recently shooting threes like that apart from the warriors. i will wait

Lol. I watched the game. Perhaps you were talking about the last 2-3 minutes of the game. Did you watch that time Doncic tried to take Gobert on the dribble and came up short? If na you, you go do am again? And why shoot midranges when you're not that good at it? As for the Jazz, they always needed a three to close the gap so I can't blame them.
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 4:02pm On Apr 29, 2022
A40:
You're being extremely dishonest. Even in the midst of my talk I still have LeNomad as number 2 on my list. What have I said that is damaging to his reputation? You people just use words carelessly

For every me there's at least 3 aggressive Bronsexuals right here on this page. Rabid Lebron fans that will put their credibility and everything else on the line to defend him. From fans to mainstream media Bronsexuals full ground

You think everyone is going to love him? That is not possible. Jordan in his prime was the most popular athlete on the planet undisputed and still had haters.

Any slander on Lebron will always get pushback from his army of Bronsexuals. Who bats for KD on the other hand? To the point he needs to create burner accounts to defend himself.

Just look at, you're here Bronsexualin already and you don't even know it.

Guy, you are gaslighting and someone like me will hold you accountable. You and Roland17 are self-confessed Lebron haters and the receipts are all over this thread going back many years. Slandering Lebron is oxygen for you and I am ashamed on your behalf for even having the effrontery to deny this.

Your legendary war with Ersan here for many years was all about you destroying Lebron's name, reputation and legacy.

You are working so hard on revisionism but nothing can wash away your sins here.

Lebron is probably the one superstar in the NBA who has the most unrelenting rabid and bileful army of haters in the history of the sport.

You blame his fans for hyping him, why don't you hype your own superstar and quit the hating. No, you must tarnish him religiously to ensure your chosen ones shine.

The truth is that the kind of hate you guys spew when anything Lebron comes up here borders on the obsessive compulsive.

And that's troubling.

Are you not all grown men?

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 4:19pm On Apr 29, 2022
steady986:
Lol. Small criticism, Kyrie don go drop essay for Twitter. KD dey busy dey go back and forth with fans. Can never be LeBron grin
He deserves every criticism he can get after saying that nonsense about not needing a coach. I am not a big fan, and he is quite the diva

steady986:

Lol. I watched the game. Perhaps you were talking about the last 2-3 minutes of the game. Did you watch that time Doncic tried to take Gobert on the dribble and came up short? If na you, you go do am again? And why shoot midranges when you're not that good at it? As for the Jazz, they always needed a three to close the gap so I can't blame them.
You are not going to be launching threes against a team that knows how to slow the ball down like phoenix especially with CP3 at the point. The game will slow down, and i am just concerned. Anyways, i am glad jalen and spencer is playing well on the team, and i hope they come up big against phoenix.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:24pm On Apr 29, 2022
donlittle25:
He deserves every criticism he can get after saying that nonsense about not needing a coach. I am not a big fan, and he is quite the diva

You are not going to be launching threes against a team that knows how to slow the ball down like phoenix especially with CP3 at the point. The game will slow down, and i am just concerned. Anyways, i am glad jalen and spencer is playing well on the team, and i hope they come up big against phoenix.

There's actually blood in the water. The question is whether Dallas can smell it. They can take a thing or two away from the Suns/Pelicans series. I still fancy Suns sha. With Booker back, it would be difficult.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:35pm On Apr 29, 2022
DeeMain:

Guy, you are gaslighting and someone like me will hold you accountable. You and Roland17 are self-confessed Lebron haters and the receipts are all over this thread going back many years. Slandering Lebron is oxygen for you and I am ashamed on your behalf for even having the effrontery to deny this.

You legendary war with Ersan here for many years was all about you destroying Lebron's name, reputation and legacy.

You are working so hard on revisionism but nothing can wash away your sins here.

Lebron is probably the one superstar in the NBA who has the most unrelenting rabid and bileful army of haters in the history of the sport.

You blame his fans for hyping him, why don't you hype your own superstar and quit the hating. No, you must tarnish him religiously to ensure your chosen ones shine.

The truth is that the kind of hate you guys spew when anything Lebron comes up here borders on the obsessive compulsive.

And that's troubling.

Are you not all grown men?

Hold me accountable? Are you smoking loud or meth. Who died and gave you that appointment shocked

Fuq you and everything you stand for gee. Nobody gives a damn.

What are the negatives I say about Lebron apart from basketball related stuff and calling out his hypocrisy on China. We had someone here who alleged Michael Jordan's gambling killed his pops you did not attack or hold them accountable. Na me you dey hold accountable

May Amadioha impregnate you with triplets. Lunatic. Accountability kee you there

For every Lebron hater he also has an army of Bronsexuals and loyalists. So the 'slander' evens out. Which was my point

You ignoramuses suffer from main character syndrome that is why you would argue that Kevin Durant is not the most slandered player in the history of the sport.

Finally no be you go tell me wetin to do you cretin. I don't know you from a can of paint and I'd rather we keep it that way

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:39pm On Apr 29, 2022
Roland17:
I guess J. Kid’s strategy in this series if just to jack up 3 point attempts because I am not seeing another strategy here. Except I am missing something
That is the state of basketball now. Who can spam the most 3s. That is the skill we keep hearing wey we no go hear word

Anyway Utah need to make up their mind on what they need to do. Defending the corner 3s is their weakness which the Clippers also exposed last year so like Chuck said if you're not going to feed Gobert on the other end and punish their lack of size then you might as well not play him and just run all out small ball and see who bombs the most 3s
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:07pm On Apr 29, 2022
A40:
Hold me accountable? Are you smoking loud or meth. Who died and gave you that appointment shocked

Fuq you and everything you stand for gee. Nobody gives a damn.

What are the negatives I say about Lebron apart from basketball related stuff and calling out his hypocrisy on China. We had someone here who alleged Michael Jordan's gambling killed his pops you did not attack or hold them accountable. Na me you dey hold accountable

May Amadioha impregnate you with triplets. Lunatic. Accountability kee you there

For every Lebron hater he also has an army of Bronsexuals and loyalists. So the 'slander' evens out. Which was my point

You ignoramuses suffer from main character syndrome that is why you would argue that Kevin Durant is not the most slandered player in the history of the sport.

Finally no be you go tell me wetin to do you cretin. I don't know you from a can of paint and I'd rather we keep it that way

Baba, there is a reason I choose carefully who I dey engage. No be every mention I dey respond to these days, not worth it.

No be d same guy wen cap rubbish earlier and when u correct am him apologize come blame bottles say him dey somewhere.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:11pm On Apr 29, 2022
A40:
That is the state of basketball now. Who can spam the most 3s. That is the skill we keep hearing wey we no go hear word

Anyway Utah need to make up their mind on what they need to do. Defending the corner 3s is their weakness which the Clippers also exposed last year so like Chuck said if you're not going to feed Gobert on the other end and punish their lack of size then you might as well not play him and just run all out small ball and see who bombs the most 3s

I agree with what Chuck said, the Grizzlies are doing it with S. Adams who has not been involved in the Timberwolves series. At the end of the day, something has to give. While they have both core players tied long term, I think they need to move one of them, Donovan if you ask me. I have been saying this for 2 seasons now, it is best to break this team.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:55pm On Apr 29, 2022
Roland17:

Baba, there is a reason I choose carefully who I dey engage. No be every mention I dey respond to these days, not worth it.

No be d same guy wen cap rubbish earlier and when u correct am him apologize come blame bottles say him dey somewhere.
They are mentally unstable I think. Rivalry, beefs and bad belle is what makes the sport interesting. Let him talk to them Nick Wright's, Shannon Sharpe's, Bron fanboys who stan and create nonsense narratives cos so long as they exist so would we on the other side. And we're unapologetic about it too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:57pm On Apr 29, 2022
Roland17:

I agree with what Chuck said, the Grizzlies are doing it with S. Adams who has not been involved in the Timberwolves series. At the end of the day, something has to give. While they have both core players tied long term, I think they need to move one of them, Donovan if you ask me. I have been saying this for 2 seasons now, it is best to break this team.
The Gobert contract was a nasty overpay. Gobert too had yet to add any extra wrinkles to his game to have the moral standing to demand the ball. His handles are still a bit dodgy and he has no real post game to speak of. There is also need for him to evolve

Whatever beef Mitchell and Gobert have they need to squash it because I don't see a team that takes on Mitchell or Gobert with that 5 year deal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 10:17pm On Apr 29, 2022
steady986:

There's actually blood in the water. The question is whether Dallas can smell it. They can take a thing or two away from the Suns/Pelicans series. I still fancy Suns sha. With Booker back, it would be difficult.

The Mavs only have a chance if Booker is not fully back. Let's face it, the Mavs only have 2 volume scorers in Doncic and Brunson, with comparative less able role players as compared to the Suns. If Booker is full go, the best the Mavs can get is 2 games.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 10:27pm On Apr 29, 2022
A40:

The Jazz as a team defensively has 1 major strength and that is, Gobert at the rim and they also have 1 major weakness, which is perimeter defending. So any team that wants to beat them, when Gobert is on the floor has to do it from about 8ft out, which is how Denver and the Clippers did it in back to back seasons. The midrange jumper, runner or floater are all harder shots to make than a set 3 pointer.
That is why apart from Doncic, Brunson and sometimes Dinwiddie all the role players from the Mavs will mostly take the set 3 because it's a more efficient shot especially against the Jazz. At least that is the way I see it
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 10:31pm On Apr 29, 2022
Roland17:

Donovan will bring back more, at least his contract is cheaper based on his production and his ability to be at the very least a number 2
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:05am On Apr 30, 2022
Khanben:

Donovan will bring back more, at least is contract is cheaper based on his production and his ability to be at the very least a number 2

You are right about Donovan offering more but I am not sure he wants to remain in Utah. His body language and rumors have indicated he wants to join the Knicks and is very unsettled/ unhappy with his situation at Utah. On the court, I worry Donovan gets too selfish and makes a ton of bad decision when he is under pressure.

I have been canvassing for a rebuild in Utah and I hope it happens. Donovan and Rudy don't have the chemistry and it is affecting their production on the court.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:11am On Apr 30, 2022
An experienced head needs to get a hold of KAT and help him with managing and using his emotions positively on the court. He whines, complains and argues too much that it distracts him from his own game, leading to stupid fouls.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1911) (1912) (1913) (1914) (1915) (1916) (1917) ... (2207) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.