Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,792 members, 7,817,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1949) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1627410 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1946) (1947) (1948) (1949) (1950) (1951) (1952) ... (2209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:58am On May 30, 2022
Horrible end to the 1st half.. We can't let the Heat stay close in the 4th, that's if they don't take the lead at some point in the 2nd because these guys just look like they want to throw this game away.
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 3:11am On May 30, 2022
Duncan Robinson to me is the biggest disappointment. From been a pseudo-splash brother to a totally useless player.

With heats offense stagnating, I feel they could use him a bit sha
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:24am On May 30, 2022
Lol this is such a weird series man. All I know is Golden State is going to torch either of these teams. Barbecue chicken
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:34am On May 30, 2022
These guys are running multiple flare screens with Lowry
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:04am On May 30, 2022
Man! That move by Tatum though..
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:08am On May 30, 2022
Spinaroonie. Congrats Celtics
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:10am On May 30, 2022
Something is wrong with these Celtics grin

Why is Udoka challenging? No way they are reversing that. 5th foul on Brown
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:10am On May 30, 2022
Look at these guys playing the clock angry I can't!
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 4:11am On May 30, 2022
wetin they do celtics?
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 4:13am On May 30, 2022
why would butler do that?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:14am On May 30, 2022
Butler saves us with a bone head shot selection
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 4:16am On May 30, 2022
Roland17:
Butler saves us with a bone head shot selection
He is not even a good 3 point shooter
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:17am On May 30, 2022
HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

#GREENRUNSDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
#BACKWHEREWEBELONG
#CELTICPRIDE
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:18am On May 30, 2022
Once again, we made this series tougher than it should have been. All the in 6, in 5s against the Celtics from the 1st round, make una WAIL!

#GREENRUNSDEEP
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:20am On May 30, 2022
Show me a tougher path to the finals in recent times!
Nets
Bucks
Miami
#GREENRUNSDEEP
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 4:20am On May 30, 2022
You are down by two, 20 seconds to go, and you pull up for a three in a game 7. Didn’t want the heat to win but i wanted a OT. Make roland17 suffer small

grin

Congrats to Roland17 sha, A Celtics faithful through and through

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Android22: 4:22am On May 30, 2022
The inevitable has happened. Anyway, congrats to Jimmy. I accept now that he is a superstar at this game of basketball.

In my heart I feel like the Celtics will win it all but I hope I am wrong for the sake of my dubs.

I'll inquire and be sure soon. wink

Till then. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Android22: 4:23am On May 30, 2022
donlittle25:
why would butler do that?
He did not want to go into OT. He was spent.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:23am On May 30, 2022
On to game 1 on Thursday which truthfully is good enough time to rest because I don't like long layoffs, especially for a young team like my Celtics.
#GREENRUNSDEEP
#CELTICPRIDE
#LEPRACHUN
#RIP24
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:26am On May 30, 2022
donlittle25:
You are down by two, 20 seconds to go, and you pull up for a three in a game 7. Didn’t want the heat to win but i wanted a OT. Make roland17 suffer small

grin

Congrats to Roland17 sha, A Celtics faithful through and through

grin grin All the suffer wen I don suffer from games 1 of first round series neva do you?

Baba, honestly, you need to see me during these games.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:29am On May 30, 2022
Android22:
The inevitable has happened. Anyway, congrats to Jimmy. I accept now that he is a superstar at this game of basketball.

In my heart I feel like the Celtics will win it all but I hope I am wrong for the sake of my dubs.

I'll inquire and be sure soon. wink

Till then. grin

I am not going to wish you all the best because that would guarantee me a lot of tears and wailing, neither will I wish you the best of luck because we have Lucky. So I wish you all the worst! grin
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:52am On May 30, 2022
Celtics were the better team the whole series. Every time Heat won they got bailed out by heroics. Im rooting for celtics this finals. Im tired of the mouth these warriors make. Mechonu!
Re: The NBA Begins by greypencils: 10:09am On May 30, 2022
All I can shout is IME UDOKA!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Blueelf: 10:38am On May 30, 2022
Roland17:
Nets
Bucks
Miami
#GREENRUNSDEEP

You're still going to loose in the finals
Re: The NBA Begins by Blueelf: 10:48am On May 30, 2022
Anybody here that tells you he doesn't hate the GSW team but rather hates the fans is a chronic liar

They frequently hide behind their hate for curry and Draymond to spew nonsense. They can't fathom that GSW do.inated basketball for so long using mostly drafted players as their core instead of making trades

Na hatred go still give them HBP
Re: The NBA Begins by Thanos(m): 1:53pm On May 30, 2022
Roland17:
Nets
Bucks
Miami
#GREENRUNSDEEP
In every series, Celtics were the favourites? So what the hell are you talking about? You did not play any team playing at full strength all through the series so make we hear word. Na so them don start with the hype.
Re: The NBA Begins by Thanos(m): 1:54pm On May 30, 2022
greypencils:
All I can shout is IME UDOKA!!!
I'll give him his flowers. But let's not act like talent-wise, Celtics have not been the best teams in the league for over 5-6 seasons. It's the coaching, lack of growth and maturity on the players [art that has always been the issue. Now they matured and time was able to define the hierarchy on the team
1. Tatum
2. Brown
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 2:27pm On May 30, 2022
The Celtics this season not only got the coach that has made a lot of the correct big decisions, they also got a GM, who decided to stop hoarding picks and went for it.
If they end up winning it all, it would have been because of front office and head coaching changes, making Smart the PG, Robert Williams and Grant Williams playing great at the defensive end and offering a threat on the offensive end. The trades for Horford and White, which both costs 1st round picks, have helped make this team extremely good on the defensive end and at the same time increased their offensive flexibility.

PS: Great job by Butler, the knee contusion bothered him in games 4 & 5, but he came good in 6 and 7. But there has to be one winner.
Re: The NBA Begins by greypencils: 2:47pm On May 30, 2022
Thanos:

I'll give him his flowers. But let's not act like talent-wise, Celtics have not been the best teams in the league for over 5-6 seasons. It's the coaching, lack of growth and maturity on the players [art that has always been the issue. Now they matured and time was able to define the hierarchy on the team
1. Tatum
2. Brown

5 - 6 years? I won't say that. Cavaliers in 2015-2017 was the team to beat in the East and would still be the team to beat if they had remained together and maintained their depth, carefully adding youngsters to the core of Kyrie, Lebron and Kevin Love. I do believe the tweaking of the team, Kyrie, Terry Rozier, Kemba Walker leaving was the key to the growth of Celtics because they stepped up defensively. Smart would never have been the choice PG over Kemba or Kyrie. I think Ime had a lot to do with that. Al Horford's return and playing power forward is also coaching genius. If you evade Horford, Timelord is waiting. Add that to Tatum and Brown stepping up? Come on! It's been breakfast all the way.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 3:00pm On May 30, 2022
It should be noted that all the teams the warriors faced this post season have a winning record against the warriors in the regular season, save for the Celtics with whom they are tied. The Celtics won a game at the chase centre ( that was the game Smart rolled under stephs ankle and ended his season), while the warriors won at Boston.
Interesting series it promises to be. The warriors have not played any team as good as the Celtics this postseason while the Celtics have not conquered any opponent as complete as the warriors.
The Celtics have the best defensive rating in the regular season, guess who is second, yeah, the warriors. The warriors also have the best offensive rating. Boston depends on two volume scorers in Brown and Tatum, while the warriors expect productivity from Steph, Poole , Klay and Wiggins. Ime Udoka has trimmed down his rotation to 7 as the postseason progressed and the warriors expect Peyton and Porter to be ready for game 1.
Its going to be tough, both teams have to be at their best every night, the Celtics can be lacklustre at times, as they were against the Heats, they cannot afford that against the warriors. Also, the warriors are prone to severe turnovers, if they can limit the turnovers, and Steph continues his fine shooting form, this series should be over in 5.
The warriors have not lost a single game at home this postseason. And they are guaranteed to steal at least one game away.
Prediction: Warriors in 6 .

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The NBA Begins by Android22: 7:45pm On May 30, 2022
Roland17:

I am not going to wish you all the best because that would guarantee me a lot of tears and wailing, neither will I wish you the best of luck because we have Lucky. So I wish you all the worst! grin
I am still on the mountain. When I hear from God, I'll let you know if Warriors will win in 5 or 6 lol
Re: The NBA Begins by Blueelf: 11:53pm On May 30, 2022
GSW 2 seasons ago had the worst record in the league

Now 2 years after they are back in the finals without reading for another Superstar

But Steve Kerr isn't a good coach..he is overrated...bla bla bla

I don talk am say na Beer Parlor analyst full here grin cheesy

Been able to speak American English doesn't make your analysis less mediocre

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1946) (1947) (1948) (1949) (1950) (1951) (1952) ... (2209) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: BlueMann

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.