Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1969) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1630117 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1966) (1967) (1968) (1969) (1970) (1971) (1972) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 6:26am On Jul 03, 2022
birdman:

You dey scarce for here brah. The moment KD listened to Kyrie, that was the beginning of the end. I dont think Kyrie fits anywhere to be honest, and I am not sold on his skills. Kyrie has always been a streaky shooter, will win you some games, and lose a lot more. People need to shine their eye on this cat.

As for KD, I would like to see him on the Bulls team - I think that crew fits his personality and playing style very well. Even if they dont win a ring, I think he would be happy there.

Thank you for your Kyrie take, baba has been coasting in the league for a long time, just based on his finals performance in 2015.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 8:12am On Jul 03, 2022
Khanben:

Did you watch the Cavs at all last season. Modgley and Allen played well together and none of them can shoot like KAT. Embiid and AL did not work because the sixers had Simmons who cannot shoot at all as a PG.

LOL you're still ignoring the fact that nobody has won with this set up for ages now.

The inside game of Evan Mobley a rookie is more polished than Gobert and his defense in the playoff is questionable.

This may work in the regular season when nobody is paying attention but in the playoffs they will exploit these guys with a rain of threes. Look at what the mavs did to Ayton.

Teams will spam 50 threes and kill them off grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:19am On Jul 03, 2022
The T.Wolves gave away a little too much for Gobert but I think KAT and Gobert can certainly function together. KAT can shoot

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Tinneh: 11:54am On Jul 03, 2022
birdman:

I say 5: Lebron, Jokic, Giannis, Embiid, Steph

Its more than just skill. Your skill has to be capable of shining even with a double or triple team. Which means you have a very good basketball mind. You can read defenses and still execute your game plan. Which also means you are by nature a disciplined and driven person. And you can take over games on the offense as well as defense. Interestingly, my list is all mobile bigs, except Steph. Steph sucks on defense, but his offense more than makes up for it.

Also note that being a superstar does not equal ring - you need a complete team and disciplined organization for that. Any of these superstars would have won a ring with the Warriors cast. None of these superstars can win a ring with say for example Orlando
Sir what about DURANT and kawhi
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 12:09pm On Jul 03, 2022
A40:
The T.Wolves gave away a little too much for Gobert but I think KAT and Gobert can certainly function together. KAT can shoot
And that's exactly the problem, 5 unrestricted first round picks , 1 pick swap and 4 players for a 50 million per year, 30 year d center with no offense. Yikes. When you already have a center.

You could have gotten a sign and trade for kyrie, beal, Zach Lavine or a trade for Siakam, Dejounte Murray for far far cheaper and they would have made far much sense.

For those assets, you could have gotten a Dejounte Murray and if you want a center so badly, grab a Capella and become a Juggernaut in the west.

You don't spend that level of talent for experimentation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Markswag101: 12:50pm On Jul 03, 2022
etidy:
Wait what's Gobert and KAT doing on the same team grin grin. Unless they are trying to trade KAT, this makes zero sense
Gobert at C and KAT at PF, it could work
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 1:13pm On Jul 03, 2022
Markswag101:
Gobert at C and KAT at PF, it could work
It could, but a Myles turner would have done the same for cheaper grin
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 1:49pm On Jul 03, 2022
He's box office. That's enough goods to sell. cheesy grin
birdman:

You dey scarce for here brah. The moment KD listened to Kyrie, that was the beginning of the end. I dont think Kyrie fits anywhere to be honest, and I am not sold on his skills. Kyrie has always been a streaky shooter, will win you some games, and lose a lot more. People need to shine their eye on this cat.

As for KD, I would like to see him on the Bulls team - I think that crew fits his personality and playing style very well. Even if they dont win a ring, I think he would be happy there.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 1:50pm On Jul 03, 2022
etidy:

LOL you're still ignoring the fact that nobody has won with this set up for ages now.

The inside game of Evan Mobley a rookie is more polished than Gobert and his defense in the playoff is questionable.

This may work in the regular season when nobody is paying attention but in the playoffs they will exploit these guys with a rain of threes. Look at what the mavs did to Ayton.

Teams will spam 50 threes and kill them off grin

In their scenario Mobley is KAT while Allen is Gorbert. Nobody thinks this will win them the chip, but Gorbert is better than Allen and KAT is better than Mobley and the Cavs won a bunch of games with those 2.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 1:52pm On Jul 03, 2022
etidy:

It could, but a Myles turner would have done the same for cheaper grin

Now, this was my initial reaction too, also I think they over paid in terms of picks. Who were they even bidding against I wonder.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 7:07pm On Jul 03, 2022
Just heard a quote from the Wolves,he said they decided not to out small ball, the greatest small ball line ups in the league (I am paraphrasing). So in essence they are gambling on out-rebounding and limiting finishes at the rim, to offset the 3s they will be giving up
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 7:15pm On Jul 03, 2022
The Nets are only going to make the Kyrie for Westbrook trade if the Lakers also take Joe Harris
Re: The NBA Begins by felix00(m): 8:43pm On Jul 03, 2022
Khanben:
The Nets are only going to make the Kyrie for Westbrook trade if the Lakers also take Joe Harris

Lakers prefer Curry
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 9:49pm On Jul 03, 2022
felix00:

Lakers prefer Curry

Yep, as they should, but it boils down to this, is getting a legitimate chance to win a championship, worth taking on Harris $37mil contract for the next 2 yrs worth.

PS: With AD, Lebron and Kyrie, the Lakers have a legitimate chance, I will not call them favorites, but they will have a legitimate shot at winning it all, with those 3
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:06pm On Jul 03, 2022
Even the Warriors..... grin grin

According to the great Woj, more than half of the league have made contacts with offers/ trade packages to the Nets and all 29 teams have discussed a potential move for KD.

Make all 29 come take tag number and queue up grin grin grin grin

Hate all you want, HE IS THAT GREAT, NOTHING YOU SAY OR DO WILL EVER CHANGE IT!

THERE IS A REASON HE IS THE SLIMREAPER!!!!!

We die here!!!!!
#SLIMREAPER

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 11:59pm On Jul 03, 2022
Roland17:
Even the Warriors..... grin grin

According to the great Woj, more than half of the league have made contacts with offers/ trade packages to the Nets and all 29 teams have discussed a potential move for KD.

Make all 29 come take tag number and queue up grin grin grin grin

Hate all you want, HE IS THAT GREAT, NOTHING YOU SAY OR DO WILL EVER CHANGE IT!

THERE IS A REASON HE IS THE SLIMREAPER!!!!!

We die here!!!!!
#SLIMREAPER

The warriors package I read was centered around Wiggins, some of their young core and picks.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:25am On Jul 04, 2022
Khanben:

The warriors package I read was centered around Wiggins, some of their young core and picks.

Yup, it would also involve a 3rd team since the Nets can’t keep Wiggins if they also plan to keep Ben..

Everyone is in play for the KD sweepstakes, however, only few teams meet what Tsai is looking for. To be honest, I doubt KD wants to go back to the Warriors but it’s not in his hands. I don’t want him going to the Warriors either.

I can’t imagine how D. Green and other KD haters feels knowing the Warriors are remotely interested in the same KD, the same one oh!!!! grin

Tsai is going to get the best return for KD…hopefully, it’s somewhere other than the Warriors, else….some people may not survive the sight..Ohhhhh Loooooord!
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 1:24am On Jul 04, 2022
Khanben:

You are more intelligent than this, atleast that is my impression of you. So help me understand something that the best organization in the NBA did not figure out, would you?

We traded KD for essentially Wiggins and 2 first round picks and then we will give more than that to get him back at 34? lol

E reach to laugh. I don't know how long you have been on this thread for but it is safe to align your thoughts with those of more consistent winners. E get why.

grin

5 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:26am On Jul 04, 2022
etidy:

And that's exactly the problem, 5 unrestricted first round picks , 1 pick swap and 4 players for a 50 million per year, 30 year d center with no offense. Yikes. When you already have a center.

You could have gotten a sign and trade for kyrie, beal, Zach Lavine or a trade for Siakam, Dejounte Murray for far far cheaper and they would have made far much sense.

For those assets, you could have gotten a Dejounte Murray and if you want a center so badly, grab a Capella and become a Juggernaut in the west.

I am pretty sure the rest of the league are looking at the Timberwolves GM like a doofus right now. How do you give up that much for fvckin Rudy Gobert

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:29am On Jul 04, 2022
Khanben:
Not even this is an excuse to take on Westbrook. The Nets are such a badly run outfit. It's not even funny. Kyrie has opted in. You have leverage ffs
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 10:07am On Jul 04, 2022
Anyone can say anyone is interested in someone. Besides, I go like get down with that babe no mean I go do am. cheesy grin. I fit even put the story out there to turn up the heat. But yet we have seen people get down with babes that will cost them a lot. Na to fold arms dey look. I am just hoping the history, this championship, and the fact that you don't want to sell your future for the now that has an expiry of a few years before it breaks down. I would like to think this organization wants to dominate for decades.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 11:58am On Jul 04, 2022
It's a rumour FFS. Anyone can show interest, the problem is what they are willing to give up to pursue that interest. Ain't no way the warriors would give up Wigs, Kuminga and moody for a man that got swept by the team they dominated in the finals.....
All na just smoke.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 12:25pm On Jul 04, 2022
etidy:

Agree with everything you said but, Gorbert is on 41mil/yr
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 1:07pm On Jul 04, 2022
Android17:
You are more intelligent than this, atleast that is my impression of you. So help me understand something that the best organization in the NBA did not figure out, would you?

We traded KD for essentially Wiggins and 2 first round picks and then we will give more than that to get him back at 34? lol

E reach to laugh. I don't know how long you have been on this thread for but it is safe to align your thoughts with those of more consistent winners. E get why.

grin

I am not saying they will do the trade, i was just wondering why they would even consider it and the only thing i could come up with is finances.
Wiggins in case you don't know is on the last year of his Max contract at $33mil. Wiggins might be asking for a max contract at $172mil and every indication points to Poole getting around a $100mil/4yr deal, which might even now be higher seeing that Afrenee Simmons got that.
KD on the other hand, is signed on a $198mil/4yr contract.
In that same 4yrs span, Wiggins and Poole contract combined, might be at around $240mil
So considering GSW pays luxury tax at about 6x, it is something every good front office will do their due diligence on.

PS: Personally, I will not make the trade and I think GSW will not do it, but we are talking about money here

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 1:57pm On Jul 04, 2022
Khanben:

I am not saying they will do the trade, i was just wondering why they would even consider it and the only thing i could come up with is finances.
Wiggins in case you don't know is on the last year of his Max contract at $33mil. Wiggins might be asking for a max contract at $172mil and every indication points to Poole getting around a $100mil/4yr deal, which might even now be higher seeing that Afrenee Simmons got that.
In that same 4yrs span, Wiggins and Poole contract combined, might be at around $240mil
So considering GSW pays luxury tax at about 6x, it is something every good front office will do their due diligence on.

PS: Personally, I will not make the trade and I think GSW will not do it, but we are talking about money here

Makes sense.
Another thing to consider.
In that 4years, Durant would be 38...
Poole is just 23 and Wiggins is 27. Neither is at their prime yet. And I also heard whispers about adding Kuminga to the deal. Ain't no way it makes sense....
The best the warriors can do is see what they can get from the big 3 and this young guys, before curry retires, and then start all over with the youngins. This group already won a championship.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 2:25pm On Jul 04, 2022
Skrrrrrrr:

Makes sense.
Another thing to consider.
In that 4years, Durant would be 38...
Poole is just 23 and Wiggins is 27. Neither is at their prime yet. And I also heard whispers about adding Kuminga to the deal. Ain't no way it makes sense....
The best the warriors can do is see what they can get from the big 3 and this young guys, before curry retires, and then start all over with the youngins. This group already won a championship.

Personally adding Kuminga to any trade is a no no. The dude has the potential to be a number 1. I can swallow Wiseman and even Poole. But Kuminga is a no go area.
As for the Curry time line, that is another reason they might be thinking of KD. We know for a fact that a team with a healthy KD, Steph, Klay and Green is practically unbeatable. They might just bring him in, to all but guarantee, a GSW 3peat.
Giving steph 6 rings

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:23pm On Jul 04, 2022
Khanben:

Why did you even bother explaining? The fact that the Warriors openly expressed interest in KD, a player that is much maligned by Green and section of their the base including some here(not all) is what matters, whether they pull it off is irrelevant.

The mere expression of interest triggered another display of insecurity and emotional tantrum and that is what I wanted to see as it has made my day… it was the tantrum I was expecting to see. It buttresses my opinion that their opinion about KD is irrelevant about how ownership of the NBA feels because at the end of the day, it is business.

Isn’t it on this thread someone posted a link that said Kyrie and KD wanted to continue playing else where but not in Brooklyn? Did heaven fall despite the ridiculousness and ill intention of that link? Well, since the Warriors are interested in KD and KD/ Kyrie want to continue playing together, I guess they will both end up with the Warriors grin… Oh well, I guess it has come back to bite..You see what I mean grin grin

I said it earlier, I don’t want KD going to the Warriors whether it is for 10 All stars, Kuminga/ Poole/ Wiseman, the entire pieces or the last pick of the draft (Mr Irrelevant) and I doubt he wants to either. At the end of the day, all the online hate and banter towards the player from a section of the Warriors fan base did not stop Warriors ownership from expressing interest in the same KD…That is the koko!! That is what this is about.

One would have thought with all the hate ownership would have avoided any link towards the same player, alas, it has been proven to be irrelevant. Make una chill.. I like @Benji93 analogy though.. he was honest at least.

He is still the Slimreaper for a reason.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:14pm On Jul 04, 2022
According to Woj, Zion Williamson has agreed on a 5yr/$193M max rookie extension. Deal could be worth $231M and trigger a supermax if he wins one of MVP, Defensive Player of the Year or make All-NBA first, second or third team.
Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 4:17pm On Jul 04, 2022
Roland17:

Why did you even bother explaining? The fact that the Warriors openly expressed interest in KD, a player that is much maligned by Green and section of their the base including some here(not all) is what matters, whether they pull it off is irrelevant.

The mere expression of interest triggered another display of insecurity and emotional tantrum and that is what I wanted to see as it has made my day… it was the tantrum I was expecting to see. It buttresses my opinion that their opinion about KD is irrelevant about how ownership of the NBA feels because at the end of the day, it is business.

Isn’t it on this thread someone posted a link that said Kyrie and KD wanted to continue playing else where but not in Brooklyn? Did heaven fall despite the ridiculousness and ill intention of that link? Well, since the Warriors are interested in KD and KD/ Kyrie want to continue playing together, I guess they will both end up with the Warriors grin… Oh well, I guess it has come back to bite..You see what I mean grin grin

I said it earlier, I don’t want KD going to the Warriors whether it is for 10 All stars, Kuminga/ Poole/ Wiseman, the entire pieces or the last pick of the draft (Mr Irrelevant) and I doubt he wants to either. At the end of the day, all the online hate and banter towards the player from a section of the Warriors fan base did not stop Warriors ownership from expressing interest in the same KD…That is the koko!! That is what this is about.

One would have thought with all the hate ownership would have avoided any link towards the same player, alas, it has been proven to be irrelevant. Make una chill.. I like @Benji93 analogy though.. he was honest at least.

He is still the Slimreaper for a reason.

grin grin grin
What you on about. Kd said he'd like to return to the warriors. Let me tell you this, the only reason this deal won't pull through is because the organization aren't foolish enough to give up all that for KD. KD would return to the warriors at the drop of a hat if they are willing to pay.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:20pm On Jul 04, 2022
Skrrrrrrr:

grin grin grin
What you on about. Kd said he'd like to return to the warriors. Let me tell you this, the only reason this deal won't pull through is because the organization aren't foolish enough to give up all that for KD. KD would return to the warriors at the drop of a hat if they are willing to pay.

Baba, you are missing the entire premise/ point.
Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 4:30pm On Jul 04, 2022
Roland17:

Baba, you are missing the entire premise/ point.

I was addressing the point you made about KD not wanting to come to the warriors.....
As for your other point, it's always been between KD and the warriors fanbase.
The management never said anything derogatory about him, even when he went to Draymonds podcast and put the entire blame on Bob Myers. Draymond has said nothing to imply he was a KD hater. Last week he made a senseless comment about the warriors needing KD because Steph couldn't create his own shot. Steph didn't come to Twitter to defend nonsense, he let it slide. The only comment Draymond made was about Steph facing more double teams(which is true btw). But KD is always on Twitter riling up the fanbase, they don't like him because he has made himself unlikable since he left.
Nobody cares whether the management indicated interest in signing KD. If Giannis demands a trade, the warriors would also indicate interest. It means nothing...
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:48pm On Jul 04, 2022
Skrrrrrrr:

I was addressing the point you made about KD not wanting to come to the warriors.....
As for your other point, it's always been between KD and the warriors fanbase.
The management never said anything derogatory about him, even when he went to Draymonds podcast and put the entire blame on Bob Myers. Draymond has said nothing to imply he was a KD hater. Last week he made a senseless comment about the warriors needing KD because Steph couldn't create his own shot. Steph didn't come to Twitter to defend nonsense, he let it slide. The only comment Draymond made was about Steph facing more double teams(which is true btw). But KD is always on Twitter riling up the fanbase, they don't like him because he has made himself unlikable since he left.
Nobody cares whether the management indicated interest in signing KD. If Giannis demands a trade, the warriors would also indicate interest. It means nothing...

Baba, you are still not getting the premise of my post and I don't want to drag this because I have gotten the response and conclusion I was looking for.

I was very clear when I said I don't want KD returning to the Warriors and "I Doubt" he wants to go, these were my own thoughts. Who wouldn't want to join the Warriors? Especially a player that wants to win. We are talking about a stable and one of the best run organizations in the NBA as evidenced by the number of final appearances and successes.

Whatever KD does online and off the court and despite the hate by a section of the fanbase including on this thread did not stop the Warriors ownership from expressing interest in KD. What ownership thinks is what matters most as shown. Giannis is not hated by a section of the fanbase and did not play/ leave the Warriors in dramatic fashion.

Bro, this is business and what happens online including views on this section are irrelevant if ownership decides to pursue KD whether it is for 10 2nd/3rd round picks or 1 star player.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1966) (1967) (1968) (1969) (1970) (1971) (1972) ... (2212) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.