Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1967) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1623650 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1964) (1965) (1966) (1967) (1968) (1969) (1970) ... (2207) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by felix00(m): 8:16pm On Jun 30, 2022
A40:
Man. I apologize to everyone who I ever argued with about KD. That dude is buttersoft fam

I don't know man. There has to be more to the story.
Maybe the nets FO stopped consulting him on the team?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:21pm On Jun 30, 2022
felix00:

I don't know man. There has to be more to the story.
Maybe the nets FO stopped consulting him on the team?
I don't care. He a heaux for backing out of that situation. After all they did to satisfy him. And after getting swept. Where is his sense of pride?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 8:53pm On Jun 30, 2022
grin grin grin grin
Kd wants to suit up with either Booker and Paul at Phoenix, or Butler and Bam at Miami.
grin grin grin
This the guy you compared to Steph.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 8:59pm On Jun 30, 2022
The only thing that is guaranteed this offseason in the nba is that there is going to be an arms race by teams.
The Nets will probably trade both KD and Kyrie and try the hypothetical route of putting a team of shooters around Ben Simmons, at least in the short term.
I see the Suns, Heat being players for KD. As for Kyrie the Lakers and maybe Dallas if they can get him for cheap.
You add that to the Clippers loading up, GSW who will definitely have no choice but to pay Poole now. If the Sixers, Bucks, Nuggets and Celtics also add some pieces we just might have a situation where there is about 5 or 6 loaded teams gunning for the championship this upcoming season.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 9:06pm On Jun 30, 2022
KD literally waited for kyrie to opt in for one year to stick the Dagger in grin grin.
Top 10 petty.

I feel bad for Brooklyn sha, they got Harden as insurance for Kyrie's madness only to lose him before Kyrie.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 9:33pm On Jun 30, 2022
A40:
Yeah I probably got the height wrong. And he seems to me a better ball handler and has a softer touch than Chet. Obviously much better than Gobert offensively already

And why is Chet always slouching like a grandpa. Is it a medical thing. He has really odd posture
Victor is a phenom. He even outplayed Chet in that U19 finals that USA won. But players that tall always have injury problems.

As for Chet, he has a very bad standing posture. I don't know if he has scoliosis.
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 9:34pm On Jun 30, 2022
A40:
Man. I apologize to everyone who I ever argued with about KD. That dude is buttersoft fam
You are forgiven. I saw the light after he left GSW. I was mesmerized before.
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 9:37pm On Jun 30, 2022
etidy:
KD literally waited for kyrie to opt in for one year to stick the Dagger in grin grin.
Top 10 petty.

I feel bad for Brooklyn sha, they got Harden as insurance for Kyrie's madness only to lose him before Kyrie.

Very petty. I want to hear Kyrie or read a tweet/IG post from him before I can judge. Him and KD are really close.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:12pm On Jun 30, 2022
Android17:
You are forgiven. I saw the light after he left GSW. I was mesmerized before.
He's just a mentally weak cupcake. The fact that they are the only team that got swept due to his play and lack of leadership. Unless you're a Golden State level type team that is functional a guy with that diva mindset will come and scatter everything when things don't go his way.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 10:14pm On Jun 30, 2022
Some people have issues with this changes that occurs every offseason, because of the player empowerment in the nba.
Personally, I like it, because as someone who supports no particular team, this movement results in a yearly reshuffle. IMHO, if this continues it would make it harder for a long reign by just one team, unless a team lucks out and has a collection of talent like the KD Warriors
This movement all but guarantees a new set of competitors for the championship each year. Non of the participants in the last 3 championship series before this year made it back to the finals, the next year, non even made it back to the conference finals grin grin grin.
It makes the nba, much less predictable based on past performances, i.e you cannot predict based on last season what is going to happen in the next season. Keeps the competition fresh if you ask me grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:32pm On Jun 30, 2022
Android17:
Victor is a phenom. He even outplayed Chet in that U19 finals that USA won. But players that tall always have injury problems.

As for Chet, he has a very bad standing posture. I don't know if he has scoliosis.
He definitely looks polished. I don't see the hype around Chet. There's not a particular thing I think he does well maybe besides rebounding but his physique. Ohh brother
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 12:29am On Jul 01, 2022
A40:
He definitely looks polished. I don't see the hype around Chet. There's not a particular thing I think he does well maybe besides rebounding but his physique. Ohh brother
His mentality. He is determined to prove he won't be a draft pick burst. He works really hard. I have seen some of his training videos.

To me, once a player has the will to be better, they definitely will. Kawhi was not a great shooter off the draft if you remember. That was what most scouts said about him.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:01am On Jul 01, 2022
felix00:

Wtff.
I don't understand. Kyrie is staying. Why does he want out?

I absolutely saw it coming. The Nets are a disaster and a very dysfunctional team. Not saying KD was innocent throughout, especially with how he supported and stayed quiet while Kyrie was disrupting everything last season.

KD has been distant from Kyrie since the sweep and very upset with how things happened last season. It is the reason the Nets finally stood up to Kyrie, they pretty much risked everything even if it would cost them KD but it was done with KD’s knowledge.

KD will move to another team, nothing new but I imagine the stability of the team, including with upper management will be integral in his decision making. KD will always be KD, this experience changes absolutely nothing about how I feel about him as a player or as a person.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 1:33am On Jul 01, 2022
felix00:

Wtff.
I don't understand. Kyrie is staying. Why does he want out?

Actually that part I understand, Kyrie has shown he cannot be counted upon to stay on the court for any extended period of time. In Hindsight KD probably knows it was a mistake to team up with him and has decided to the detriment of the Nets to cut bait, rather than continue their partnership.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 1:44am On Jul 01, 2022
The Bucks ownership are going cheap again IMHO
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:11am On Jul 01, 2022
Khanben:

Actually that part I understand, Kyrie has shown he cannot be counted upon to stay on the court for any extended period of time. In Hindsight KD probably knows it was a mistake to team up with him and has decided to the detriment of the Nets to cut bait, rather than continue their partnership.

The fact that Kyrie tried to opt out, and leave KD is what crossed the line in KD's mind. You brought me here to Brooklyn, and now you try to bail out. So even though Kyrie eventually stayed, the damage has been done.

Warriors have been complete @55holes since their win. It is good to see other NBA drama to wash away the stench of the sore winners

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:20am On Jul 01, 2022
Khanben:
The Bucks ownership are going cheap again IMHO
Lol. What would you have them do? They retained Portis. Kept Connaughton. Got Ingles. With their cap space and what they have on ground I don't know what else they could have done. No need for overreacting since they probably beat Boston with a healthy Middleton anyway
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:23am On Jul 01, 2022
birdman:

The fact that Kyrie tried to opt out, and leave KD is what crossed the line in KD's mind. You brought me here to Brooklyn, and now you try to bail out. So even though Kyrie eventually stayed, the damage has been done.

Warriors have been complete @55holes since their win. It is good to see other NBA drama to wash away the stench of the sore winners
KD is a cupcake for being too scared to call out Kyrie. Now that shyte has hit the fan he wants to bail. He should stop acting shocked when fans and ex and current players treat a player of his stature with no respect. This behavior is why. I would be shocked if Kyrie doesn't get traded as well

Can't quit on a team that gave you $195m on the first year of the deal. He's never going to get respect for that no matter where he goes he will always be perceived as running away from the grind

The next CBA go bloody gaan. These divas have ruined it for everyone. Na Ben Simmons I just dey sorry for. That one go kuku retire
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:24am On Jul 01, 2022
Android17:
His mentality. He is determined to prove he won't be a draft pick burst. He works really hard. I have seen some of his training videos.

To me, once a player has the will to be better, they definitely will. Kawhi was not a great shooter off the draft if you remember. That was what most scouts said about him.
Fair enough. He is still going to need to bulk up to a decent playing weight sha.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:20am On Jul 01, 2022
It is barely 12 hours since KD called J. Tsai to request a trade and the Nets are getting inundated with calls numerous teams including teams from other sports, he is that special. Many teams have made multiple calls in the space of 12 hours to reup their offers!

Even the Hawks have extended the completion of the D. Murray deal to 7/8/2022 because they want in grin If that deal collapse, Murray fit get heart attack. We are talking about the best scorer in the league and one of the greatest talent we have ever seen!

He will be fine, he is who he is!!!
#Slimreaper

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 4:42am On Jul 01, 2022
Hmmm

Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 5:17am On Jul 01, 2022
Man has made nearly half a billion playing ball. Man, my next life na sport I go play o

Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 8:27am On Jul 01, 2022
Warriors fans losing their shit on Twitter because they can't keep GpII, they are calling Lacob all kinds of names.

LOL ungrateful fans.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 10:34am On Jul 01, 2022
A40:

The next CBA go bloody gaan. These divas have ruined it for everyone. Na Ben Simmons I just dey sorry for. That one go kuku retire

Ha! Dem go make movie if e happen
Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 12:52pm On Jul 01, 2022
The warriors bleeped up though. Letting their best perimeter defender go..
I'd hoped they'd keep GP2.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:51pm On Jul 01, 2022
I couldn’t be happier for GPII. He is finally getting paid after nearly losing his entire career during the playoffs.

Talk about resilience and hard work, this man has been through it all. Credit to the Warriors for taking a chance on the kid and he repaid them.

I hope he balls hard in Portland so he can renegotiate an even better deal before the end of his new one.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:58pm On Jul 01, 2022
donlittle25:
Man has made nearly half a billion playing ball. Man, my next life na sport I go play o

Baba, everybody dey run him own race last! last!! Beal has his mindset on his own financial goals, I can’t hate the man for what he desires or terms success. Whether him win title or compete for title is irrelevant to the man, na the bar be him own struggle.

He turned 29 last month, he is now on the other end of his career and financially assured. Who knows and considering his offensive skill set, baba may use his 30’s to chase a ring and if e no work, Beal no be like pesin wen go lose sleep.

To each his own!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 2:51pm On Jul 01, 2022
Roland17:

Baba, everybody dey run him own race last! last!! Beal has his mindset on his own financial goals, I can’t hate the man for what he desires or terms success. Whether him win title or compete for title is irrelevant to the man, na the bar be him own struggle.

He turned 29 last month, he is now on the other end of his career and financially assured. Who knows and considering his offensive skill set, baba may use his 30’s to chase a ring and if e no work, Beal no be like pesin wen go lose sleep.

To each his own!

That is how I see it too. Nobody knows his history or family story. I remember Brazilian Oscar saying when he got the Chinese deal, that he would rather ensure that his family is set for life (he had a huge extended family), rather than the prestige of playing in Europe.
So for Beal big ups to him, he was offered that contract, he did not force the Wizards into giving it to him, they did so of their own volition, so he has every right to sign the contract and enjoy the financial security.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 3:01pm On Jul 01, 2022
Are you alright? The Blazers offered better, and I am glad he took it. He deserves it. GSW has been living above the luxury tax threshold for a while. Jordan Poole is still on a rookie contract, and they may have to dig more to renew his contract. You must think all they gotta do is just extend contracts. cheesy grin
Skrrrrrrr:
The warriors bleeped up though. Letting their best perimeter defender go..
I'd hoped they'd keep GP2.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 3:04pm On Jul 01, 2022
Some would say he's stupid for doing that. cheesy grin. Sometimes you wonder if no be BOT they post some of these opinions.
donlittle25:
Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 3:16pm On Jul 01, 2022
benji93:
Are you alright? The Blazers offered better, and I am glad he took it. He deserves it. GSW has been living above the luxury tax threshold for a while. Jordan Poole is still on a rookie contract, and they may have to dig more to renew his contract. You must think all they gotta do is just extend contracts. cheesy grin

You smoke warri weed?
They could have given him the money he wanted and cut off some baggage....
How much did they even give him?
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 3:38pm On Jul 01, 2022
Na why I dey ask you if you dey alright. They could have given him what he wanted?
I don't think the exact details are available now. How about you find out what they offered him yourself?
This is a business.
Skrrrrrrr:

You smoke warri weed?
They could have given him the money he wanted and cut off some baggage....
How much did they even give him?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1964) (1965) (1966) (1967) (1968) (1969) (1970) ... (2207) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.