Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,797 members, 7,827,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1997) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1637906 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1994) (1995) (1996) (1997) (1998) (1999) (2000) ... (2224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Blueelf: 8:32pm On Nov 14, 2022
Last season before the playoffs, I told warriors fans that Klay's peak has long passed and he should be traded. Y'all thought my take was hilarious. GO to twitter and see fans saying same

Na only sentiments still dey keep the guy for GSW

I will even prefer draymond stays rather than klay. Klay is easily replaced. Virtually the whole league shoots threes these days. It wouldn't be hard to find a 6'6+ 3 and D combo guard or forward/guard

But you see a defensive and assit juggernaut like draymond would be hard to find

I don talk my own

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:18am On Nov 15, 2022
Blueelf:
Last season before the playoffs, I told warriors fans that Klay's peak has long passed and he should be traded. Y'all thought my take was hilarious. GO to twitter and see fans saying same

I will even prefer draymond stays rather than klay. Klay is easily replaced. Virtually the whole league shoots threes these days. It wouldn't be hard to find a 6'6+ 3 and D combo guard or forward/guard

But you see a defensive and assit juggernaut like draymond would be hard to find

I don talk my own
Calm down. This is 13 games into an 82 game season. What you should be questioning is your younger guys and why have they not been showing up.

The likes of Wiseman, Moody, Kuminga and Poole. We are not seeing anything thus far from them that indicates they can be reliable contributors for a team vying for another title.

We all know after two serious injuries and the fact that Klay is already pushing 33 indicates he's on borrowed time but that Warriors team is just not clicking and it's bigger than just Klay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 1:47am On Nov 15, 2022
Blueelf:

I don talk my own

But you also said, correct me if I'm mistaken that Poole is the next coming.
The thing is, history has shown that players with Klay's skillset tends to age well, and his erratic and underwhelming play can still be attributed to recovery from injuries. IMHO a better judgment of where Klay is, will come after the allstar break, if he doesn't iron out the inconsistencies by that time, then shipping him off becomesa conversation that conversation be had.
As for Draymond, his skillset is important to the GSW, but not at the price his Max contract computes out as. If he can accept something in the range of 4yr/100-110mil, then that might be tenable, but at 138mil, that is $34.5mil/yr in new more for a glorified role player who will be 37yrs at the last year of the contract.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 4:33am On Nov 15, 2022
You don't get to put any words in. You were all over the place in your arguments last season. Sit on the sidelines and watch Mr. Some of us have not forgotten. cheesy grin You fall into knee-jerk reactions easily. Sorry.
Blueelf:

I don talk my own
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:45pm On Nov 15, 2022
Obinrin Obinrin grin grin

Sora fun obinrin oh

Ink for divorce never dry. Giselle don dey waka with BJJ trainer

https://twitter.com/giseleofficial/status/1496514489583292432?t=Rq66oywmLthJmF-hjUTC9g&s=19
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:49pm On Nov 15, 2022
A40:
Obinrin Obinrin grin grin

Sora fun obinrin oh

Ink for divorce never dry. Giselle don dey waka with BJJ trainer

https://twitter.com/giseleofficial/status/1496514489583292432?t=Rq66oywmLthJmF-hjUTC9g&s=19

Stop invoking your army of Spambots to ban me whenever I am annihilating your Fraud angry angry
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:58pm On Nov 15, 2022
Lol. This one dey craze oh. Who has been banned more than me on this thread

And on a more serious and sad note R.I.P to Rumble Johnson. If you're a fight fan you know who Rumble Johnson was. Just absolutely terrible news. And a reminder you don't really know what people are dealing with
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:35am On Nov 16, 2022
I don forget say a team like Kings even dey NBA. They have been that bad and irrelevant.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:39pm On Nov 16, 2022
Lmaoo the Nets swallowed 153 in regulation grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 4:21pm On Nov 16, 2022
A40:
Lmaoo the Nets swallowed 153 in regulation grin

How do you give up 153pts to the kings in regulation
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:24pm On Nov 16, 2022
Khanben:

How do you give up 153pts to the Magic in regulation

The Sacramento Kings.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:54pm On Nov 16, 2022
Kyrie suspension don enter 7 games. I almost feel bad for him but honestly the man is the architect of his own misfortune
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:36am On Nov 17, 2022
A40:
Kyrie suspension don enter 7 games. I almost feel bad for him but honestly the man is the architect of his own misfortune

more players, including teammates are speaking up, so I hope this means he is back soon. Joe Tsai overreached and is now looking for a way to save face.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:38am On Nov 17, 2022
Dont look now, but celtics are bearing on 10 straight games as Tatum cements that superstar badge.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:52am On Nov 17, 2022
We are basically doing the opposite of what we did last season. J. Mazzulla is coaching this team to establish our offense and defense will come along. I like the offense , it is balanced especially for the J’s and we have better control from the PG position.
#GREENRUNSDEEP
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:03am On Nov 17, 2022
ESPN will do well to have Z. Lowe and C. Ogwumike make more studio appearances for their primetime games. They are way better than most of their combination.

SGA for MIP
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 4:26am On Nov 17, 2022
Roland17:

The Sacramento Kings.

Thanks baba
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:17am On Nov 17, 2022
Welcome back J. Murray!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:17am On Nov 17, 2022
Khanben:

Thanks baba

No P
Re: The NBA Begins by Blueelf: 5:25am On Nov 17, 2022
God will judge all you still making excuses for Klay

As in real judgment from heaven....

Haba....shey una dey whine me ni

Someone that's supposedly the second scoring option after Steph...

angry
Re: The NBA Begins by Blueelf: 5:29am On Nov 17, 2022
benji93:
You don't get to put any words in. You were all over the place in your arguments last season. Sit on the sidelines and watch Mr. Some of us have not forgotten. cheesy grin You fall into knee-jerk reactions easily. Sorry.

Oga, you dey argue nonsense Jare

Talking about knee jerk reactions..some jokers are even saying wait till all-star break...

So we should wait till we are no longer in playoff contention abi?

I said some of you na jokers una be

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Blueelf: 5:34am On Nov 17, 2022
Even Poole sef don scam warriors

Omo x2000

Well, we ain't .asking the playoffs with this roster, we might as well tank so we get good draft picks ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:27am On Nov 17, 2022
We'll soon have a discussion about the Warriors' easy path to the Finals last year.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:34am On Nov 17, 2022
I see it took a disastrous playoffs last season for the Suns to learn the hard way when it comes to resting CP3.

As for the Warriors, I will be the last person to write them off. They just need to fix their defense and they will be fine.

In the worst case they fail this season, they have over achieved and maximized their potentials.
Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 7:13am On Nov 17, 2022
Klay is not the problem. The warriors first unit is among the best in the NBA, the second Unit, however, are the worst. They can't defend to save their lives.
Kuminga, Moody and Wiseman are not warriors material. A GP2 is better than all 3 combined. Even Poole has been tanking.
The difference between the dubs of last season and the duds of this season, is the second Unit.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:08pm On Nov 17, 2022
Blueelf:
Even Poole sef don scam warriors

Omo x2000

Well, we ain't .asking the playoffs with this roster, we might as well tank so we get good draft picks ..

Warriors are fine. Championship teams usually have a letdown the next year - it is hard to play with 100% effort after the roller coaster emotions to winning a ring. Anything less than playoffs will not motivate you. If there are still issues after all-star, then Id worry. We are just in November! Sports analysts are just looking for news to keep their jobs.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:33pm On Nov 17, 2022
Roland17:
ESPN will do well to have Z. Lowe and C. Ogwumike make more studio appearances for their primetime games. They are way better than most of their combination.

SGA for MIP
I hope they're stylishly easing that wench Malika out of that show. Ogwumike is bringing much better vibes. She doesn't seem as woke as the others
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:34pm On Nov 17, 2022
Skrrrrrrr:
Klay is not the problem. The warriors first unit is among the best in the NBA, the second Unit, however, are the worst. They can't defend to save their lives.
Kuminga, Moody and Wiseman are not warriors material. A GP2 is better than all 3 combined. Even Poole has been tanking.
The difference between the dubs of last season and the duds of this season, is the second Unit.
Looks like this their youth are not good enough at all. If nothing changes by Allstar break they better combine all that youth and trade for a marquee guy. Can't afford to waste another elite season from Steph

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Blueelf: 4:40am On Nov 18, 2022
Skrrrrrrr:

Oga, the first unit is trash this season..even average at best. Klay, Poole and Wiggins are inconsistent. Draymond green is a triple single machine as usual

Klay needs to go. He can't do better than this. I am very sure...he can never get back to all-star status
Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 4:44am On Nov 18, 2022
Blueelf:

Oga, the first unit is trash this season..even average at best. Klay, Poole and Wiggins are inconsistent. Draymond green is a triple single machine as usual

Klay needs to go. He can't do better than this. I am very sure...he can never get back to all-star status

I think you should actually follow the games.
The first unit has been outscoring opponents by an average of 21point.
That is actually top 3 in the NBA. That is a fact and not a postulation. You can check it out.
The problem begins when the first unit sits, the bench can neither score nor defend.

By the way, Poole isn't in the starting Unit and Wiggins has been consistent undecided undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by greypencils: 8:02am On Nov 18, 2022
birdman:
Dont look now, but celtics are bearing on 10 straight games as Tatum cements that superstar badge.
He is the best small forward in the league and no one is looking to take that spot. KD should be but the age is telling and Brooklyn is taking too much prestige from him. Nets most likely won't make the playoffs so even a 30ppg (if he drops one) will be inconsequential. Barely 15 games in, you can almost guess who is going into the first team All NBA, Tatum, Doncic, Giannis, Embiid and one more PG.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by greypencils: 8:10am On Nov 18, 2022
Roland17:
I see it took a disastrous playoffs last season for the Suns to learn the hard way when it comes to resting CP3.

As for the Warriors, I will be the last person to write them off. They just need to fix their defense and they will be fine.

In the worst case they fail this season, they have over achieved and maximized their potentials.
Warriors is going nowhere with their bench full of rookies. No one has stepped up, absolutely no one. Poole who is supposed to be a 6th man is playing russian roulette since he now has the bag. 2 points in 27 mins against suns? That's absurd to say the least.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1994) (1995) (1996) (1997) (1998) (1999) (2000) ... (2224) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: kendrick9(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.