Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,550 members, 7,837,105 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (2067) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1644616 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2064) (2065) (2066) (2067) (2068) (2069) (2070) ... (2234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by greypencils: 7:26am On May 05, 2023
steady986:

You didn't watch the game
No I didn't. No difference. AD didn't come to play. No AD, no championship. Enough of the Lebron hype. He is old.
Re: The NBA Begins by greypencils: 7:36am On May 05, 2023
A40:
That might go down as the worst contract in league history. If the Warriors are smart this offseason they will package him for any half decent big they can get.

He will never have Steph's IQ or feel for the game. He's just a guy that can get hot once every 3 games but his floor is unacceptable for a $30m+ guy. They should jump out while there's still time
Wrong advice. He just got out of G-league 2 years ago. aged 23? He will grow up.
Re: The NBA Begins by FBS: 8:00am On May 05, 2023
greypencils:
No I didn't. No difference. AD didn't come to play. No AD, no championship. Enough of the Lebron hype. He is old.
They wouldn't be playing in the semis if not for Lebron.

Stop that thing. tongue

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 9:35pm On May 05, 2023
Let me ask this question again. Has Lebron ever been the reason his team lost? Ever? cheesy grin
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 10:53pm On May 05, 2023
roland17 con take style quiet today ba? abi e wan claim underdog 2day. I hear philly cheesesteak will be served for breakfast tonite grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:53am On May 06, 2023
James Harden reverting back to the James Harden we all know and love
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:54am On May 06, 2023
Down to 6. Can Sixers snatch this game? Will the Celts have another late collapse
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:18am On May 06, 2023
birdman:
roland17 con take style quiet today ba? abi e wan claim underdog 2day. I hear philly cheesesteak will be served for breakfast tonite grin

You don’t want to see me, my heart dey my mouth. This was a better execution of the final 3 minutes of the 4th. This was a professional performance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:59am On May 06, 2023
Roland17:

You don’t want to see me, my heart dey my mouth. This was a better execution of the final 3 minutes of the 4th. This was a professional performance.

I think you guys may have taken the best punch 76ers could muster. So much for Harden using Vegas as motivation!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:40am On May 06, 2023
Lmaoo James Harden going to Vegas mid playoffs. This nigga so unserious

KD and Booker having an over my dead body game. 48 combined and it's only Halftime. Crazy
Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 4:59am On May 06, 2023
Omo, the Nuggets have cut the lead to 2.
Suns have no synergy. Just Hero ball from KD and Booker. This is why KD couldn't win Jack with Westbrook.
Re: The NBA Begins by Kilishihunter: 5:00am On May 06, 2023
A40:

KD and Booker having an over my dead body game. 48 combined and it's only Halftime. Crazy
They've given it back to the nuggets. 0-3 this morning might be a possibility thanks to Jamal and the Joker.
Re: The NBA Begins by Kilishihunter: 5:03am On May 06, 2023
Skrrrrrrr:
Omo, the Nuggets have cut the lead to 2.
Suns have no synergy. Just Hero ball from KD and Booker. This is why KD couldn't win Jack with Westbrook.
They look shades different from the suns that lost to Milwaukee 2 years ago. See me that was already thinking suns in 6/7 after that first half blowout
Re: The NBA Begins by Kilishihunter: 5:06am On May 06, 2023
Lol, Nuggets now leading, Just dey play
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:42am On May 06, 2023
Kilishihunter:

They've given it back to the nuggets. 0-3 this morning might be a possibility thanks to Jamal and the Joker.
The Suns recovered though. Now up 5 but only just
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:45am On May 06, 2023
Kilishihunter:

They look shades different from the suns that lost to Milwaukee 2 years ago. See me that was already thinking suns in 6/7 after that first half blowout
Lool Suns in 6 ke? They have no bench. Team that barely got past Kawhi and PG less Clippers.

I don't expect a sweep. KD and Book are just too good but mehn even in a home playoff game for the Suns to have no faith in their role players is crazy
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:47am On May 06, 2023
Omo. This is on par with Kyrie and Bron 41 piece in 2016.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Kilishihunter: 5:49am On May 06, 2023
A40:
The Suns recovered though. Now up 5 but only just
The job's done now chief, But don't see any of this cats stopping the Lakers or warriors in the western conference semis, Seems I slighly overhyped this suns after the arrival of KD
Re: The NBA Begins by Kilishihunter: 5:51am On May 06, 2023
A40:
Lool Suns in 6 ke? They have no bench. Team that barely got past Kawhi and PG less Clippers.

I don't expect a sweep. KD and Book are just too good but mehn even in a home playoff game for the Suns to have no faith in their role players is crazy
True, their bench roster is shorthanded quality wise compared to the starting 5, Any injury to KD or booker, O Pari, I just feel the momentum might swing in their favour after this morning but it still looks like Denver's to lose now sha
Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 6:25am On May 06, 2023
Kilishihunter:

True, their bench roster is shorthanded quality wise compared to the starting 5, Any injury to KD or booker, O Pari, I just feel the momentum might swing in their favour after this morning but it still looks like Denver's to lose now sha

Momentum.
Lol.
This is the first home game after being down by 2.
They are supposed to exert themselves.
But nah.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:44am On May 06, 2023
I was watching the 2nd quarter of the Suns game and I concluded that for the Suns to beat the Nuggets tonight and any other night in this series for that matter, both Booker and KD would have to go for 40 or something close to that. Then KD drops 39 and Book drops 47. I think that's the recipe going forward because these guys don't rely on their teammates enough to win games. Today their bench tried but Ayton only had 4 points from 6 shot attempts. They're not even making plays for him and others. It's just KD and Book playing hero ball and the rest feeding off whatever comes from it. Any night either KD or Book drops below 30, it's an automatic loss for the Suns.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:17pm On May 06, 2023
Kilishihunter:

The job's done now chief, But don't see any of this cats stopping the Lakers or warriors in the western conference semis, Seems I slighly overhyped this suns after the arrival of KD
Anything can happen in sports but yeah I think defensively either of these teams will struggle.

I don't know what Williams is trying to do but I want to see if he can pull it off trying to win a championship going 2 v 5

KD took 31 shots

Devin Booker shot 80% from the field. 80%!! That is nuts for a guard
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:58pm On May 06, 2023
birdman:

I think you guys may have taken the best punch 76ers could muster. So much for Harden using Vegas as motivation!

You see why I was very upset with Mazzulla for losing game one because this series would have been dusted in game 4? Even with Embiid, we match up very well against them. They have absolutely no answer for J. Brown who is getting every and anything he wants driving to the bucket.

Embiid’s presence changes a lot for them on both ends but we were good at moving him which also caused him to fatigue. It wasn’t exactly a fast paced game, it was methodical with the Celtics moving the ball and moving players side to side.

I loved our defensive intensity last night, we were quite discipline even though we game up too many FT to Embiid which was expected. We limited their transition bucket and JB has been doing one hell of a job on Harden.
Re: The NBA Begins by felix00(m): 2:31pm On May 06, 2023
Playoff harden is real
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 4:19pm On May 06, 2023
felix00:
Playoff harden is real

This wasn't too long ago grin. When it comes to the playoffs, give me Lillard over Harden.

Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 8:11pm On May 06, 2023
steady986:

This wasn't too long ago grin. When it comes to the playoffs, give me Lillard over Harden.

Harden has been to the conference finals 2, losing in 5 and 7 games to the warriors. He averaged 28 points.
The only time Dame made it to the conference finals, against the same warriors, he lost in 4 games and averaged 22points. Clean sweep.
Before you mention KD, he was injured and didn't feature in that series...

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Afromentalist: 9:36pm On May 06, 2023
The heat is taking care of business as they should. However the greens are clearly the best team in the east. Maybe even favourite to win it all.
Re: The NBA Begins by Afromentalist: 9:39pm On May 06, 2023
Steph and Klay really destroyed the league.

How can you have an open lane to a lay up, but you want to shoot logo threes. This knick teams is something else.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:35pm On May 06, 2023
It's easy to forget this Miami Heat were the #1 seed just last year and are a battle tested playoff team
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:52pm On May 06, 2023
I have never felt the Knicks have a great offense. They thrive in physicality, problem is, they have met a pack of dawgs led by alpha Jimmy!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:53pm On May 06, 2023
A40:
It's easy to forget this Miami Heat were the #1 seed just last year and are a battle tested playoff team

They are an unusual 8th seed, however, it doesn’t excuse the Bucks losing to them.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:03am On May 07, 2023
The Knicks have a Julius Randle problem. Guys like him are why regular season basketball is almost like a different sport. Why is he always so ridiculously bad and then wants to fight when he's playing like crap.

Thibs has overachieved with this team to be honest. Immanuel Quickley, Josh Hart, Obi Toppin bless their heart but Cleveland underperforming badly is why the Knicks are here.

Can still see this stretching to 6 if the Knicks can win Game 4 though. But then I remember they barely won Game 2 while the Heat were missing Jimmy

(1) (2) (3) ... (2064) (2065) (2066) (2067) (2068) (2069) (2070) ... (2234) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Khanben, dadrenaline(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.