Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,054 members, 7,814,625 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (2069) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1623367 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2066) (2067) (2068) (2069) (2070) (2071) (2072) ... (2207) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 8:50am On May 07, 2023
Again. No need to panic....
The plan is to win one away game and head back to Sanfrancisco with home court.
On to game 4...
Re: The NBA Begins by Honlucas: 8:51am On May 07, 2023
Skrrrrrrr:
Again. No need to panic....
The plan is to win one away game and head back to Sanfrancisco with home court.
On to game 4...

Which isn't possible...

Lakers will win game 4 bro
Re: The NBA Begins by Honlucas: 8:52am On May 07, 2023
Lakers will play game 4 Asif it's game 7 on
Monday

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 8:55am On May 07, 2023
Honlucas:

Which isn't possible...

Lakers will win game 4 bro

Dude, you have been saying the warriors would lose every game since the sacramento series.
I don't know whether your saying it, reassures you.
But you need to rest...
Re: The NBA Begins by Honlucas: 8:56am On May 07, 2023
Skrrrrrrr:

Dude, you have been saying the warriors would lose every game since the sacramento series.
I don't know whether your saying it, reassures you.
But you need to rest...

How??
Last time I checked I only predicted game 6..

Abeg fact check before you talk

T for thanks
Re: The NBA Begins by Afromentalist: 9:43am On May 07, 2023
Blueelf:
I'm a GSW fan and I remember telling them to be humble and that we aren't out of the woods yet

Firstly, we don't have a good team this year. We don't have size and we suck on the road

Hopefully now, we can start prepping for next season as I know the Lakers will win in 5 or 6

Then hopefully next year, we can trade for some actual bigs and not depend on inconsistent shooters and little guys to outrun and outshoot opponents

The dynasty may just be over. We tried at least. 4 rings no be beans
Calm down baba. It's just one game. The series is far from over.

Do you think if GSW had bigs instead of its shooting backcourt , it would win every series in 4 games?

Part of playoff ball is to lose some and win some. If they are sweeped or lose in 5, you can start talking like this.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 6:00pm On May 07, 2023
If AD was Nigerian I will say he has gone to one baba and made a deal to only play great on odd numbered games, the performance gap between odd and even numbered games is just too much

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Blueelf: 6:35pm On May 07, 2023
Afromentalist:

Do you think if GSW had bigs instead of its shooting backcourt , it would win every series in 4 games?

Part of playoff ball is to lose some and win some. If they are sweeped or lose in 5, you can start talking like this.

Lolll, how is it just one game? We've lost twice in embarrassing fashion to the same Lakers in this playoffs.

It was inexperience of Sacramento kings that helped us win, else, we could've gotten knocked out

Let me ask you a question, do you really think you're winning a game seven vs Lebron ?

GSW has a problem. Part of it is giving Poole that contract. He didn't deserve it. He should be traded for an actual big that can shoot. There are quite a number of them in the league. I'll take Buddy hield over Poole any time

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:37pm On May 07, 2023
@Birdman

After last night’s win, how you take enter gym today?
Re: The NBA Begins by Blueelf: 6:47pm On May 07, 2023
Honlucas:

I learnt something Na few people Dy talk truth here..

I respect you for saying the truth..

My brother, been a fan doesn't make me blind to the truth.

You'll see GSW games where GP2 dey guard someone tall like KD, like who ever thought that was a good idea? Which kain tactic be that? You'll now see them starting JaMychal over kuminga who had been actually consistent in the games running up to the close of the regular season.

Bros, Jordan Poole scammed the organization and I hope they learn from this and not be quick to give max contracts to rookies in the future. Nothing wey person wan tell me. How can you shoot consistently poor over a stretch of 9 playoff games in a row...haba? Klay not the same and it was apparent last year but sentiments no allow Kerr see truth.

We need at least 2-3 3&grin bigs wey dey at least 6'7. Enough of these short guys abeg. You go see starting rotation where the tallest na Draymond at 6'6 and even that his height sef dey debatable. Haba?

Okay, say by some chance we manage to edge out the Lakers (which is highly unlikely). How do we perform against either Kd(Suns) or Jokic(Nuggets). I guess they'll ask GPII to guard them...lollll

Warriors organization never serious

Na all these nonsense make some actually good coaches even loose their Jobs...

Tomorrow now, you go hear warriors go trade for another 6'3 guard.

Nonsense!!!!!!!!

Nothing wey anybody wan tell me. Size will always matter in the NBA in any era........I take size over short inconsistent shooters anytime any day.

With size, when your shorts aren't going in, it's easier to drive to the basket and not get your layups or dunks blocked because you get size....I mean this is simple logic na

That's why the Lakers are getting more points in the paints and more free throws...nothing wey ref do. The refs aren't at fault at all. It's La Lakers that are smartly attacking GSW in the paint and getting fouls because Lakers actually have SiZE!!!

Simple!!!!

Abeg, na to look forward to next season remain

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Blueelf: 6:49pm On May 07, 2023
Honlucas:
Lakers will play game 4 Asif it's game 7 on
Monday

Bro I tell you

Lakers go sweep GSW and e go be like dream

The moment the media started picking GSW to win, I hated it because you'll piss Lebron off and he likes to proof doubters wrong

I prefer if my team is the underdog so they actually play extra hard to proof doubters wrong

Once GSw goes down 3-1. Forget am, so pe otilo
Re: The NBA Begins by Blueelf: 6:51pm On May 07, 2023
Afromentalist:

Lolll

Let me tell you something

They wouldn't struggle so much

Let GSW get some actual bigs that can shoot decently and you'll see the difference

Bigs that can shoot don't actually jack up unnecessary shots. But when they shoot, they usually are efficient unlike little guys that shoot so much because they over rely on that as their offensive weapon

A 3&grin big is better than a guard anytime anyday
Re: The NBA Begins by Blueelf: 6:56pm On May 07, 2023
I'll take Seth Curry over that fraud Jordan Poole anytime any day

We don't need another all star guard or big. Just a reliable one that knows his role and plays to instructions
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:23pm On May 07, 2023
Blueelf:

Bro I tell you

Lakers go sweep GSW and e go be like dream

The moment the media started picking GSW to win, I hated it because you'll piss Lebron off and he likes to proof doubters wrong

I prefer if my team is the underdog so they actually play extra hard to proof doubters wrong

Once GSw goes down 3-1. Forget am, so pe otilo
I personally think these media people just write and report news. They don't watch these games and actually see the strength and weaknesses of respective teams. It's all one big bandwagon

I would be shocked if the Warriors don't win Game 4 but I still think they ultimately lose the series because on any given night the Lakers simply have more ways to win. I daresay the Kings would have won if Sabonis wasn't such a regular season fraud that couldn't dominate his matchup in the playoffs
Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 9:11pm On May 07, 2023
Blueelf:

Lolll, how is it just one game? We've lost twice in embarrassing fashion to the same Lakers in this playoffs.

It was inexperience of Sacramento kings that helped us win, else, we could've gotten knocked out

Let me ask you a question, do you really think you're winning a game seven vs Lebron ?

GSW has a problem. Part of it is giving Poole that contract. He didn't deserve it. He should be traded for an actual big that can shoot. There are quite a number of them in the league. I'll take Buddy hield over Poole any time

Lol. E say I'm a GSW fan.
Re: The NBA Begins by Afromentalist: 9:16pm On May 07, 2023
Good First quarter from the 76ers. The series may be closer than we anticipated.

Let see if the greens have an answer to that.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 9:41pm On May 07, 2023
Roland17:
@Birdman

After last night’s win, how you take enter gym today?

Na church I go o. I entered humbly, make I no offend the One wey fit scatter everything grin
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 9:42pm On May 07, 2023
Celtics are in striking range for sure. 76ers have to know that
Re: The NBA Begins by Blueelf: 9:44pm On May 07, 2023
Skrrrrrrr:

Lol. E say I'm a GSW fan.

Loll

yab me all you want but its Lakers in 5 or 6

We don't have the firepower to compete

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 11:03pm On May 07, 2023
5 more minutes because we deserve it.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:05pm On May 07, 2023
Exactly why I always get mad at Mazzulla!!!

Why are we not calling a timeout for the final play?

I mean, this thing isn’t hard. 15 seconds to go, game tied with final possession away from home and this man refuses to call a timeout for the final play!

Are we taking the timeout back to Boston?

I swear I can’t!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 11:19pm On May 07, 2023
That Pushoff by Tatum on Maxey is exactly why players flop these days.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:22pm On May 07, 2023
I am done with Mazzulla, nothing wen anybody tell me. This idiot, once again, refuses to call a timeout to set up the final play!
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 11:22pm On May 07, 2023
What a match.....Harden with a big time shot
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 11:23pm On May 07, 2023
Good game from James Harden. It was overdue.

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 11:23pm On May 07, 2023
Roland17:
Exactly why I always get mad at Mazzulla!!!

Why are we not calling a timeout for the final play?

I mean, this thing isn’t hard. 15 seconds to go, game tied with final possession away from home and this man refuses to call a timeout for the final play!

Are we taking the timeout back to Boston?

I swear I can’t!

It was even talked about during the commentary...Why doesn't he call time out??Now I know it's on purpose....
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:33pm On May 07, 2023
Harden just might have saved the series for the Sixers
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 11:35pm On May 07, 2023
Blueelf:
I'll take Seth Curry over that fraud Jordan Poole anytime any day

We don't need another all star guard or big. Just a reliable one that knows his role and plays to instructions

I thought some GSW fans wanted to trade Klay and elevate Poole to the 2nd option.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 11:54pm On May 07, 2023
None of these remaining 4 playoffs series is a sure banker for anybody. On any night any team can go off and win one on their home court, and steal one on the road.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:23am On May 08, 2023
The Suns just look so skint
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:44am On May 08, 2023
Suns no gree oh. What KD and Booker are trying to do here is quite something
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:16am On May 08, 2023
Williams finally going to his bench has made a huge difference in this series.

If I'm the Suns I have to find a way to offload Ayton. It's Barbecue chicken for Jokic out there

(1) (2) (3) ... (2066) (2067) (2068) (2069) (2070) (2071) (2072) ... (2207) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: smokers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.