Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,371 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (2147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1633357 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2144) (2145) (2146) (2147) (2148) (2149) (2150) ... (2217) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by greypencils: 9:13pm On Aug 24, 2023
Dario Saric to GSW? Cause to be excited?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:11am On Aug 25, 2023
How about Giannis sounding off a warning to the Bucks that he would not be a part of any rebuild now or in the future..

“At the end of the day, I feel like all my teammates know and the organization knows that I want to win a championship," he told the Times. "As long as we're on the same page with that and you show me and we go together to win a championship, I'm all for it. The moment I feel like, oh, yeah, we're trying to rebuild... there will never be hard feelings with the Milwaukee Bucks."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/38253377/giannis-antetokounmpo-sign-extension-title-commitment-bucks
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:20am On Aug 25, 2023
Roland17:
How about Giannis sounding off a warning to the Bucks that he would not be a part of any rebuild now or in the future..

“At the end of the day, I feel like all my teammates know and the organization knows that I want to win a championship," he told the Times. "As long as we're on the same page with that and you show me and we go together to win a championship, I'm all for it. The moment I feel like, oh, yeah, we're trying to rebuild... there will never be hard feelings with the Milwaukee Bucks."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/38253377/giannis-antetokounmpo-sign-extension-title-commitment-bucks

why would the bucks want to rebuild? They will not get a giannis type player for the next decade, unless they trade giannis, tank like 4 season in a row and hope to get lucky in the draft. Because no all-star is coming to milwaukee. Rebuilding makes no sense for them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:01am On Aug 25, 2023
birdman:

why would the bucks want to rebuild? They will not get a giannis type player for the next decade, unless they trade giannis, tank like 4 season in a row and hope to get lucky in the draft. Because no all-star is coming to milwaukee. Rebuilding makes no sense for them.

When I look at their roster, age and salaries of their core, a rebuild might be imminent and I think Giannis can sense that. This coming season may be the last time we see the core of the Bucks.

K. Middleton while only 32 has become glass footed and can’t stay healthy.

Jrue is 33, has a player option after this coming season. However, I don’t see the Bucks giving him a long term extension even if he opts in. He’d be 35 by then.

B. Lopez is already 35 on a guaranteed contract set to expire after 2024/2025 season. His minutes will become limited after this season, if not this season.

After this coming season, they absolutely have to go out and get a perennial All-Star caliber type of player to convince Giannis to stay.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 6:22pm On Aug 26, 2023
Roland17:

When I look at their roster, age and salaries of their core, a rebuild might be imminent and I think Giannis can sense that. This coming season may be the last time we see the core of the Bucks.

K. Middleton while only 32 has become glass footed and can’t stay healthy.

Jrue is 33, has a player option after this coming season. However, I don’t see the Bucks giving him a long term extension even if he opts in. He’d be 35 by then.

B. Lopez is already 35 on a guaranteed contract set to expire after 2024/2025 season. His minutes will become limited after this season, if not this season.

After this coming season, they absolutely have to go out and get a perennial All-Star caliber type of player to convince Giannis to stay.

these are excellent points. East is in a funk right now, and there is still a good chance for Bucks if they can clean up the roster. I dont like the 3 year deal with Middleton, but I guess options are thin right now
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:28pm On Aug 28, 2023
Keyshawn Johnson and Michael Irvin are now on Undisputed with Skip grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 10:32pm On Aug 28, 2023
steady986:
Keyshawn Johnson and Michael Irvin are now on Undisputed with Skip grin grin

lol! looks like a bad fit, but i gotta check it out. who knows, maybe it will work out
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:18pm On Aug 28, 2023
greypencils:
Dario Saric to GSW? Cause to be excited?
Lol can he even move these days? Like a dinosaur on the court
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:18pm On Aug 28, 2023
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:21pm On Aug 28, 2023
Roland17:

Rebuilding with Giannis is folly. They better trade him And blow up the entire team if it comes to that

This is where scouting counts cos the Bucks will need to find those late round steals
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 12:00am On Aug 29, 2023
A40:
Rebuilding with Giannis is folly. They better trade him And blow up the entire team if it comes to that

This is where scouting counts cos the Bucks will need to find those late round steals

i dont understand, Giannis is in his prime for the next 3 maybe 4 seasons. why blow that up and spend the next 10 years rebuilding?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:44am On Aug 29, 2023
My boy Noah Lyles like vawulence sha grin grin

Man has triggered the entire NBA with his comment..
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 11:53am On Aug 29, 2023
Roland17:
My boy Noah Lyles like vawulence sha grin grin

Man has triggered the entire NBA with his comment..

He is a very smart man. Dude is currently promoting His docu-series on His various Social media platforms . He saw an avenue to promote it even further and NBA players took the bait.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:12pm On Aug 29, 2023
chic2pimp:

He is a very smart man. Dude is currently promoting His docu-series on His various Social media platforms . He saw an avenue to promote it even further and NBA players took the bait.

we will see how smart he is, in a few. You can make some quick dough by being infamous, but eventually burnt bridges catch up to you. Fool looks young and just plain stupid tbh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Kibbs(m): 5:15pm On Aug 29, 2023
birdman:

we will see how smart he is, in a few. You can make some quick dough by being infamous, but eventually burnt bridges catch up to you. Fool looks young and just plain stupid tbh

I don’t see it as that big of a deal to warrant bridges being burnt though. Unless he takes if further and doesn’t keep going with the controversial comments.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:27pm On Aug 29, 2023
birdman:

This generation addicted to clout chasing man. See the way he was talking you just know it was phony and rehearsed.

If the NBA Champions are not world champions, name the team in any corner of the globe that can beat an NBA Championship team in a game of 7. I saw dumbasses on the internet arguing and I'm like forget the literal meaning are you telling me the Denver Nuggets or the Warriors last year have to beat some ragtag basketball team from Mongolia and Cape Verde to prove they are the best team in the world.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:30pm On Aug 29, 2023
chic2pimp:

This is really the only logical explanation. Black people these days are aggressively chasing clout. Nobody would have known who he is this time today despite his feats if he didn't come out to say that nonsense
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 5:37pm On Aug 29, 2023
birdman:

I don't know if you follow Track and fields but if you do you'll know that's Noah Lyles personality. He is quite cocky and arrogant and makes no bones about it. Unfortunately for Him, He doesn't have the outwardly Charisma of an Usain Bolt to balance it out. I say He is smart because I have never seen any Non Track fans talk about Noah until this week and the majority are on His side.

He is quite aware any publicity given to Him is good as He has stated His mission is to change athletics and get involved in fashion and music. Endorsements are where He'll earn most of His money so He needs to keep His name in the public sphere.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 5:58pm On Aug 29, 2023
A40:
This is really the only logical explanation. Black people these days are aggressively chasing clout. Nobody would have known who he is this time today despite his feats if he didn't come out to say that nonsense

I don't know if you follow T&F but if you do you'll know that's How Lyles is. He is right but you can tell it was pre planned with the way He said it. It worked because now many talk shows have been talking about Noah Lyles since He gave that speech. More clout means more opportunity to make money from endorsements.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:03pm On Aug 29, 2023
chic2pimp:

I don't know if you follow T&F but if you do you'll know that's How Lyles is. He is right but you can tell it was pre planned with the way He said it. It worked because now many talk shows have been talking about Noah Lyles since He gave that speech. More clout means more opportunity to make money from endorsements.
Yes I do follow Track and Field. He just sounded like a hater mayne. Like an NBA player took his chic or something. There's good Heat then there's go away Heat. I don't support fvck nigga behavior just cause you want to be in the news.

Usain Bolt was a more dominant champion and never resorted to this kind of nonsense to move units. Even babes like Allyson Felix, Shelly Ann Fraser Pryce. Why this nigga who just got there? He also sounds woke too so I just know he's on some bullshxt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 1:39am On Aug 30, 2023
birdman:

lol! looks like a bad fit, but i gotta check it out. who knows, maybe it will work out

I thought that show was noisy before but now it's something else. They hardly even allow Skip talk grin Plus Richard Sherman. Skip just sits patiently and allows them go on and on. Plus they need a bigger table cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:50am On Aug 30, 2023
steady986:

I thought that show was noisy before but now it's something else. They hardly even allow Skip talk grin Plus Richard Sherman. Skip just sits patiently and allows them go on and on. Plus they need a bigger table cheesy

That was a sly social media play to get attention. Most of the time they wont show full table, just cut in to who is talking. It could work out, Skip is a good instigator, knows how to raise Irvins BP grin This a good NFL cast, but will there be another crew for NBA and MLB?
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:35am On Aug 31, 2023
birdman:

That was a sly social media play to get attention. Most of the time they wont show full table, just cut in to who is talking. It could work out, Skip is a good instigator, knows how to raise Irvins BP grin This a good NFL cast, but will there be another crew for NBA and MLB?

That's the thing. Or maybe Keyshawn would talk basketball as he was doing occasionally on ESPN. They hardly talk baseball on that show sef.
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 8:19pm On Aug 31, 2023
This place has become too peaceful grin
Make I pour small violence with gas here. I come in PISS.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:40pm On Sep 03, 2023
etidy:

This is what having enough help looks like. All you have left to do is put the ball in the basket. On the other hand, no matter who LeBron played with, he was leading multiple categories. Sometimes he even led ALL categories.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 12:07am On Sep 04, 2023
Let me do what Lebron James' fans are good at. Conjuring up hypotheticals. Very imaginative people. cheesy grin. Let me help you out. If Lebron Jaymes was asked to pick one of two choices. You will go to 6 finals and almost double the next player's scoring capacity but although you will contribute you won't lead in other statistical categories or You go to 10 NBA finals but lose 6 times, and you will lead in every statistical category every time(not sometimes), i am very sure he will pick the first. Easy choice. The day you come to the understanding that in sports winning is the goal first and foremost as long as you follow the rules is the day you start to understand sports. Cheers.
etidy:

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 12:16am On Sep 04, 2023
You would think he made a good point until you realize he was talking about the wrong sports. Until you realize that the NBA hasn't been using world champions for a while. But well who cares, as long as i get to promote my something. More power to him. cheesy grin.
birdman:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by halton(m): 12:20am On Sep 04, 2023
What is the something you are promoting.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:26am On Sep 04, 2023
benji93:
You would think he made a good point until you realize he was talking about the wrong sports. Until you realize that the NBA hasn't been using world champions for a while. But well who cares, as long as i get to promote my something. More power to him. cheesy grin.

Interesting. I didnt catch that change either.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 9:16pm On Sep 04, 2023
Rich Paul just explained why someone like Cousins is having issues getting on an nba team. When he was the man in Sacramento everyone and their mama knew that the dude had a bad attitude. Some of those low level FO guys in Sacramento are probably top or middle level guys in different FOs around the league and no way in hell are they rubber stamping a move for him even if it is at the veterans minimum.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:26pm On Sep 05, 2023
etidy:
The person that conjured this graphic is clearly a Bronsexual

Jordan
33ppg on 48%
6 apg
6 RPG
1.8 stls
0.7 blk

Pippen
19ppg on 42%
8rpg
5.9 asts
1.9 stls
1 blk

Jordan in a Finals series averaged 11 asts. 11! Jordan is not a stats hoarder like LeGypsy. If Jordan wanted he would lead in all categories. The difference is he plays to win he doesn't play to accumulate the most stats else he would have never retired twice.

Also anyone that knows anything about playoff basketball knows that scoring is the single most difficult thing to do. If scoring was so easy LeGypsy in 2011 would not have averaged 17ppg fewer than Dwyane Wade and Jason Terry.

Ask James Harden and Joel Embiid who goes from 33ppg in regular season to 23ppg in the playoffs whether scoring is easy
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:35pm On Sep 05, 2023
benji93:
He's just chasing clout. Thinking the Denver Nuggets need to beat a bunch of teams in Latvia and Pakistan to show they are World Champions is insanity

Even this ongoing FIBA. You think if USA takes Steph, Ja, Tatum, KD and AD they wouldn't beat every team by 20 minimum. They just beat Italy by almost 40 with their D-Team

Basketball's competitive architecture is not like football so I'm tired of reading all the asinine examples I was reading.

If they say the Nuggets are not the best basketball club team oya name the team anywhere in the world that can beat em

(1) (2) (3) ... (2144) (2145) (2146) (2147) (2148) (2149) (2150) ... (2217) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.