Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,737 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (2187) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1633586 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2184) (2185) (2186) (2187) (2188) (2189) (2190) ... (2217) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 2:14am On Mar 31
Roland17:

You dey mind dem. Including the ones that said he was a hype job..

Lol. That was steady. The fear of someone becoming better than LeBron keeps him awake at night.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 2:17am On Mar 31
Roland17:

You see, this is one of the many reasons why I am a proud Celtic and bleed green. Warrior fans are too accepting. From press conferences sef, the Boston media and fans will make the City unbearable for coach and Green to survive. We are very vocal and relentless and that is what the Warriors need.

I think this is partly due to what he has accomplished with the Team. This is a Team without a pedigree before they came into the scene.
Boston has a Rich history. It's unlikely you are anything they haven't seen before. Them no go blink before them throwaway you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 4:12pm On Mar 31
Skrrrrrrr:

Lol. That was steady. The fear of someone becoming better than LeBron keeps him awake at night.

Lmao. LeBron's legacy is safe and secured. Imagine thinking someone in his first year would be a threat to LeBron. Lol. Haven't you learnt? You'd have to be playing all-NBA level basketball in your 20th year for you to even have a chance at usurping LeBron as the king grin

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by greypencils: 1:41am On Apr 01
47 points for Doncic in 26 minutes. How na?
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:55am On Apr 01
Dropping 40pts at age 40. They know, they just cant bring themselves to say it.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:57am On Apr 01
Warriors fans, Curry fans, please gather here.

Im begging ni o, on behalf of my rockets, pls let us take this play-in and keep the playoffs interesting. So Green can also dedicate fully to his podcast.
Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 3:07am On Apr 01
steady986:

Lmao. LeBron's legacy is safe and secured. Imagine thinking someone in his first year would be a threat to LeBron. Lol. Haven't you learnt? You'd have to be playing all-NBA level basketball in your 20th year for you to even have a chance at usurping LeBron as the king grin

Usurping his longevity stats, probably...
Usurping him as a better basketball player, not necessarily. Michael Jordan didn't play for 19 years but the years he played, he was more impactful and dominant than LeBron ever was.
Afterall, doesn't LeBron have just 4 titles in those 16 years? Despite recruiting all the best players in the NBA, and skipping 3 teams?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:46am On Apr 01
Some of these assists by Jokic are just sic! There is no limit to what he can do with the ball in his hands.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:49am On Apr 01
I have thorough enjoyed watching Z. Eddy again this year. I know today’s NBA isn’t catered to his size and style but I hope a team takes a chance at the kid.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:22am On Apr 01
birdman:

I was just watching his postgame interview. First of all, that man is f*cking old grin Guy, LeBron na grandpapa. Just look at his face and you can tell he's a longtimer. If he decides to pick up his shoes and leave tomorrow I wouldn't begrudge him one bit. He's paid his dues.

And secondly. What a man. He's still trying to improve and adapt his game even in year 21 at age 39. He said he wants to be one of the best 3pt shooters in the league, so people can respect him just the way they respect the best shooters in the league. Guy, LeBron and Steph have identical 3pt percentages this season. That's absurd.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:26am On Apr 01
birdman:
Warriors fans, Curry fans, please gather here.

Im begging ni o, on behalf of my rockets, pls let us take this play-in and keep the playoffs interesting. So Green can also dedicate fully to his podcast.

Lol. Una small nyash dey shake until una see the Mavs. I knew you people couldn't be trusted grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:33am On Apr 01
Skrrrrrrr:

Usurping his longevity stats, probably...
Usurping him as a better basketball player, not necessarily. Michael Jordan didn't play for 19 years but the years he played, he was more impactful and dominant than LeBron ever was.
Afterall, doesn't LeBron have just 4 titles in those 16 years? Despite recruiting all the best players in the NBA, and skipping 3 teams?

Lol. You're really funny. Like very funny. There are some things that just can't be broken. At least not by Wemby. If you say Luka I can understand, if he can just play 17 more years at this current level or similar to that. The scary part is LeBron is still playing, so it's not like the records are standing still grin We still have all-NBA team to collect this season. Hopefully a championship and FMVP too. Plus a few hundred points to add to that 40k cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 9:42am On Apr 01
steady986:

Lol. You're really funny. Like very funny. There are some things that just can't be broken. At least not by Wemby. If you say Luka I can understand, if he can just play 17 more years at this current level or similar to that. The scary part is LeBron is still playing, so it's not like the records are standing still grin We still have all-NBA team to collect this season. Hopefully a championship and FMVP too. Plus a few hundred points to add to that 40k cheesy

Oga, the point I am trying to make is....
You don't need to play as long as LeBron James or garner the same career points, assists etc as LeBron, to become a greater player. Those are longevity stats. It is about doing the best you have with what time you have.
LeBron has a lower PPG in the playoffs than a lot of guys. Not even mentioning Jordan.
He also has less MVPs, FMVPs, championships etc than Jordan despite playing for longer.
A couple of guys in the NBA have legitimate chances of being better than LeBron if they win more championships and a couple of MVPS.
You don't need to play for 100 years.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 11:49am On Apr 01
Skrrrrrrr:

Oga, the point I am trying to make is....
You don't need to play as long as LeBron James or garner the same career points, assists etc as LeBron, to become a greater player. Those are longevity stats. It is about doing the best you have with what time you have.
LeBron has a lower PPG in the playoffs than a lot of guys. Not even mentioning Jordan.
He also has less MVPs, FMVPs, championships etc than Jordan despite playing for longer.
A couple of guys in the NBA have legitimate chances of being better than LeBron if they win more championships and a couple of MVPS.
You don't need to play for 100 years.

Some championships are worth more than the other. You know the story behind his rings. You know how he strived to get them. Handing championships to 3 different franchises is no joke. What do you think the all-time greats have in common. They have multiple championships, and virtually all of them had those championships on one team. MJ, Duncan, Steph, KD, Kobe, Magic, Bird, Russell. The list goes on. The most would be 2 teams, ala Kareem, Wilt, Shaq and a few. Then there's LeBron. You don't know how significant that is?
Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 1:14pm On Apr 01
steady986:

Some championships are worth more than the other. You know the story behind his rings. You know how he strived to get them. Handing championships to 3 different franchises is no joke. What do you think the all-time greats have in common. They have multiple championships, and virtually all of them had those championships on one team. MJ, Duncan, Steph, KD, Kobe, Magic, Bird, Russell. The list goes on. The most would be 2 teams, ala Kareem, Wilt, Shaq and a few. Then there's LeBron. You don't know how significant that is?

Lol. Chairman. To be honest, LeBrons has the more worthless championships among all the greats.
Because he won all his championships with superior rosters. His first two championships had Wade and Bosh, then he teamed up with Kyrie and love for the second, he then teamed up with Davis for his third. And you know what, he underachieved with all those teams because they had it all. They could have won more.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 2:00pm On Apr 01
Skrrrrrrr:

Lol. Chairman. To be honest, LeBrons has the more worthless championships among all the greats.
Because he won all his championships with superior rosters. His first two championships had Wade and Bosh, then he teamed up with Kyrie and love for the second, he then teamed up with Davis for his third. And you know what, he underachieved with all those teams because they had it all. They could have won more.

So basically what you're saying is LeBron teamed up with basketballers who are called his teammates. All these guys I listed who have won championships, name one that wasn't on a superteam
Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 2:47pm On Apr 01
steady986:

So basically what you're saying is LeBron teamed up with basketballers who are called his teammates. All these guys I listed who have won championships, name one that wasn't on a superteam

Sometimes to konk your head dey worry me..
You said he gifted them championships, next you are calling them teammates called Basketballers..
Very nonsense guy.... To argue with you just be like to dey pour water for Basket...
Mtschew...
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:36pm On Apr 01
Skrrrrrrr:

Sometimes to konk your head dey worry me..
You said he gifted them championships, next you are calling them teammates called Basketballers..
Very nonsense guy.... To argue with you just be like to dey pour water for Basket...
Mtschew...

Lol. Are you annoyed that you just can't keep up with my factual analysis? grin Come make I school you
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:39pm On Apr 01
Make I post this one now make person come tell me say na longevity stat grin Longevity stat kee you there

Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 12:06am On Apr 02
steady986:
Make I post this one now make person come tell me say na longevity stat grin Longevity stat kee you there

Mumu. Na you dey even give people talking points.
LeBron has only just surpassed Jordan in scoring 30points a game even though he has played in over 400 more games. No wonder Jordan has the Superior PPG.
The only stats LeBron has over Jordan are for longevity. Not for efficency, not for ability, not for execution and not for effectiveness....
Nonsense.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Honlucas: 4:13am On Apr 02
Skrrrrrrr:

LeBron has only just surpassed Jordan in scoring 30points a game even though he has played in over 400 more games. No wonder Jordan has the Superior PPG.
The only stats LeBron has over Jordan are for longevity. Not for efficency, not for ability, not for execution and not for effectiveness....
Nonsense.

Cry me a River
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:45am On Apr 02
Skrrrrrrr:

Nonsense.

Do you know how many less games it took for LeBron to pass MJ in assists and rebounds? Or DDs or TDs

All MJ was is a shot stuffer and usage merchant that got marched to the line at the slightest provocation.

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 12:27am On Apr 03
You are a comedian you know? cheesy grin. It's only Le(4-6) fans that would use a high usage rate as a mark against. Unbelievable.
steady986:

Do you know how many less games it took for LeBron to pass MJ in assists and rebounds? Or DDs or TDs

All MJ was is a shot stuffer and usage merchant that got marched to the line at the slightest provocation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 12:35am On Apr 03
Shame no even dey catch you to post this. The man has been playing for over 20 years straight. Your only consolation is that, however slow a tortoise is it eventually reaches its destination. But still too slow. cheesy grin
steady986:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:06am On Apr 03
Bronsexuality and sense are two parallel lines that can never touch.

LeNomad is finally catching on to what Jordan did after playing 6 seasons and 400 games more. Big whoop. If he like make e play 25 years. He will never surpass MJ

The advent of the 3 ball alone has altered basketball stats in a way that will never be surpassed. Just off rebounds and assists stats alone we can almost argue we are watching an entirely different sport. Peep this graphic below

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:18am On Apr 03
birdman:
Ohh you mean Jordan right??

February 21, 2003, 20 years ago today: At the age of 40, Michael Jordan becomes the oldest player ever to score 40 points or more in an NBA game, putting up 43 in the Washington Wizards' 89-86 victory over the New Jersey Nets.

Ohh and the Nets won the East that year btw.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by BUFFALOKING: 4:27am On Apr 03
Michael Jordan was much better than Lebron. Lebron Lames will never be a true king!

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:31am On Apr 03
https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/634841-michael-jordans-ten-greatest-games-as-a-40-year-old.amp.html

Little reminder for those with goldfish memories. Or no memories at all. You have to laugh at those who claimed the GOAT wouldn't hang in this era when he was cooking fools literally at 40 in 2003. Which is the year the great imposter was drafted btw. For those that like to pretend Jordan played in the Jurassic era wey dem take stone dey play basketball

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by greypencils: 9:09am On Apr 03
Terry Rozier with 34 points, 8 3-points made. Miami Heat just dey look Celtics with bombastic side eyes. They don know.
Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 6:02am On Apr 04
I gotta tell you, the Title is between Denver and the Celtics (if the heat do not pull another one on them).
All the Thunder, Sacramento, Dallas, bucks, Suns are just pretenders.

Minnnesota may give them a good fight though. That defence is Legit...
Re: The NBA Begins by typicalgamer(m): 9:03am On Apr 04
greypencils:
Terry Rozier with 34 points, 8 3-points made. Miami Heat just dey look Celtics with bombastic side eyes. They don know.

Celtics don’t want none of these heat
Re: The NBA Begins by Honlucas: 7:53pm On Apr 04
Skrrrrrrr:
I gotta tell you, the Title is between Denver and the Celtics (if the heat do not pull another one on them).
All the Thunder, Sacramento, Dallas, bucks, Suns are just pretenders.

Minnnesota may give them a good fight though. That defence is Legit...

I will quote you again in the finals

(1) (2) (3) ... (2184) (2185) (2186) (2187) (2188) (2189) (2190) ... (2217) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: will007 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.