Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,867 members, 7,862,883 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 08:19 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (2237) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1661668 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2234) (2235) (2236) (2237) (2238) (2239) (2240) ... (2257) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 12:03pm On May 25
afrodoc2:

Omo i be ashewo for this basketball thing. I liked the Rockets and Bulls in 80s and 90s for obvious reasons but i think the only team i have been truly emotionally connected to is the mid 2000s Pistons. That is the best defensive team i have ever seen and they went against gods with no superstars.

What do you think of the current Pistons? grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by afrodoc2: 12:15pm On May 25
larride:

What do you think of the current Pistons? grin

Bruh, the pistons have been garbage for nearly 20 years. I no send their papa again. I have since moved on to the Warriors and now that their light is dimming i am on the lookout for my next team.

I get around. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 1:50pm On May 25
afrodoc2:

Bruh, the pistons have been garbage for nearly 20 years. I no send their papa again. I have since moved on to the Warriors and now that their light is dimming i am on the lookout for my next team.

I get around. cheesy

So basically glory hunting? grin
Re: The NBA Begins by greypencils: 1:56pm On May 25
afrodoc2:

I get around. cheesy
Fellow warrior, Oya where we go carry our Ashewo eye go? I'm a Bucks fan right now cos of ma brotha. I also Bleep with Heat cos of Butler and Adebayo, another brother. With Gabe Vincent, another brother showing for Heats last year, I just fell for them the more.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 2:11pm On May 25
greypencils:
If Finch had any sense, he would sit Gobert out in Game 3. Reid can still defend the perimeter while adding length in the paint. If they can win Nuggets in game 2 without Gobert, they definitely can win Mavs without him. They need to sit his arse down. Either him or Macdaniels. Reid simply has to play more minutes. Say you win 6th man no mean say make you continue to be 6th man. Put that brother on the floor.

Sit Gobert or macdaniels? Oga the Timberwolves are winning when Gobert Is on the floor its when he his off the floor that's when they are getting torched on defence.
So your great idea is to sit the guy who is the main reason they are getting stops and keeping leads, why? because he got beat by one of the greatest 1v1 player that has ever lived, on one occasion. That's great analysis right there /s/

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 2:24pm On May 25
afrodoc2:

The guy should knock down a few 4 ft shots now and then. God abeg o.

How can you be under the rim with an undersized defender and you are either passing up shots or missing layups.

If the media wants to cook you, don’t help them to buy the oil and pepper.

This thing of him knocking down 4ft shots just shows shallow analysis. We all know the profile of Gobert, the Timberwolves traded a haul of picks with full knowledge of what they were getting. Blaming Gobert for not making shots is like Blaming the driver of a stock car for losing a track race to a to formula 1 car.

Nobody ever blamed Mutombo for not making shots when the sixers lost 4 straight games in the finals, nobody blamed Rodman for not making shots when the Spurs got beat by the Rockets or even when the Pistons lost to the Bulls, nobody blamed Ben Wallace for not making shots when the Pistons lost to the Spurs. When gsw lost to the Raptors nobody blamed Draymond for not scoring 20.
But somehow, when it comes to Gobert, the equation changes, and we expect him to do what he was never meant to do.
If Gobert was beat at the rim, or failed to secure the rebound that led to this loss, then yes, massacre him all you want but Blaming him for not scoring, that's not what he his there for.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by greypencils: 2:47pm On May 25
Khanben:

Sit Gobert or macdaniels? Oga the Timberwolves are winning when Gobert Is on the floor its when he his off the floor that's when they are getting torched on defence.
So your great idea is to sit the guy who is the main reason they are getting stops and keeping leads, why? because he got beat by one of the greatest 1v1 player that has ever lived, on one occasion. That's great analysis right there /s/
That's why I included Macdaniels as one that could give way for Reid. Reid just has to be more on the floor.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 3:50pm On May 25
greypencils:
That's why I included Macdaniels as one that could give way for Reid. Reid just has to be more on the floor.

But that will mean Gobert, Reid and KAT. with all the speed the Mavericks have, I fear that would just present other problems.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:32pm On May 25
etidy:

I am with draymond sha, you can't be 4 times DPOY and you're a only good at the rim in this era of positionless basketball.

Draymond winning one Dpoy is just as bad as Shaq and Kobe winning one MVP.

I don't care about the context of individual seasons, Draymond is just so far ahead of gobert over the course of their career.
You would think Draymond is some elite perimeter defender the way he talks

What do you expect a 7'2 center to do at the 3pt line exactly

You're telling me with all that space Draymond won't be on skates too?

Draymond is only fortunate to play on the Warriors. That's fed into his hubris like they didn't just win a title where he was a complete non factor.

Draymond has won the exact DPOYs he's deserved to win and putting him on Shaq, Kobe MVP injustice tier is criminal and should be against the law undecided

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:40pm On May 25
Why is nobody talking about Karl Anthony Towns??

He was rightfully benched the last 9 minutes of the game. Is shooting less than 30% from the field. As a big!!

This is his 9th year in the league. A #1 pick. 28 almost 29. This should be his team not Ant's. And most certainly not Gobert

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 5:43pm On May 25
A40:

Draymond is only fortunate to play on the Warriors. That's fed into his hubris like they didn't just win a title where he was a complete non factor.

Draymond has won the exact DPOYs he's deserved to win and putting him on Shaq, Kobe MVP injustice tier is criminal and should be against the law undecided

There has never been any important game where it can be argued that Draymond should be benched for a defensive possession..
It never ever happens.
But there was a legit argument that gobert should have been benched for Naz reid for the defensive possession because of what eventually happened.

This has been gobert's best post season thus far and he's improved greatly but I have seen playoffs after playoffs where gobert was defensive liability, where his teams basically lost because of him yet he has won 4 DPOYs, it's a travesty abeg.
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 5:49pm On May 25
A40:

And Draymond has never been a non factor in any of the title runs.
He was poor offensively against the Celtics but in that same playoff run he defended well against brunson, did damage control against Jokic, contained Jackson , and locked up Jaleyn brown , just imaginee the variety of matchups he took and yet he did well.
Re: The NBA Begins by afrodoc2: 6:04pm On May 25
larride:

So basically glory hunting? grin

With joy.
Re: The NBA Begins by afrodoc2: 6:06pm On May 25
Khanben:

This thing of him knocking down 4ft shots just shows shallow analysis. We all know the profile of Gobert, the Timberwolves traded a haul of picks with full knowledge of what they were getting. Blaming Gobert for not making shots is like Blaming the driver of a stock car for losing a track race to a to formula 1 car.

Nobody ever blamed Mutombo for not making shots when the sixers lost 4 straight games in the finals, nobody blamed Rodman for not making shots when the Spurs got beat by the Rockets or even when the Pistons lost to the Bulls, nobody blamed Ben Wallace for not making shots when the Pistons lost to the Spurs. When gsw lost to the Raptors nobody blamed Draymond for not scoring 20.
But somehow, when it comes to Gobert, the equation changes, and we expect him to do what he was never meant to do.
If Gobert was beat at the rim, or failed to secure the rebound that led to this loss, then yes, massacre him all you want but Blaming him for not scoring, that's not what he his there for.

All this epistle over that uncoordinated fellow? Sorry, no vex.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:06pm On May 25
etidy:

There has never been any important game where it can be argued that Draymond should be benched for a defensive possession..
It never ever happens.
But there was a legit argument that gobert should have been benched for Naz reid for the defensive possession because of what eventually happened.

This has been gobert's best post season thus far and he's improved greatly but I have seen playoffs after playoffs where gobert was defensive liability, where his teams basically lost because of him yet he has won 4 DPOYs, it's a travesty abeg.
You and Draymond are simply playing what we call Monday Morning Quarterback

Why did Draymond not stop the Kyrie dagger in 2016?

What difference would Naz Reid had made on that play. Wasn't he on the court? Should he have brought a KAT that was stinking up the joint all night?

How a post defender supposed to guard that? You think Draymond guards that?

I never said Rudy deserves 4x DPOY. I said Draymond does not deserve more than 1. Two things can be true

There's never been a year Rudy won DPOY that Draymond even finished 2nd so why is he crying more than the bereaved
Re: The NBA Begins by afrodoc2: 6:09pm On May 25
greypencils:
Fellow warrior, Oya where we go carry our Ashewo eye go? I'm a Bucks fan right now cos of ma brotha. I also Bleep with Heat cos of Butler and Adebayo, another brother. With Gabe Vincent, another brother showing for Heats last year, I just fell for them the more.

Yeah i did Bucks and Heat a little bit but i want a place i can stay for a few years. I have morals na.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:29pm On May 25
etidy:

And Draymond has never been a non factor in any of the title runs.
He was poor offensively against the Celtics but in that same playoff run he defended well against brunson, did damage control against Jokic, contained Jackson , and locked up Jaleyn brown , just imaginee the variety of matchups he took and yet he did well.
Now you're just making stuff up and name dropping. You can't bring any tangible stats to back any of this up if I requested you to

Someone that was getting ejected up and down

He was their 5th most important player. At best. Tied with Kevon Looney
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 6:36pm On May 25
A40:
You and Draymond are simply playing what we call Monday Morning Quarterback

Why did Draymond not stop the Kyrie dagger in 2016?

What difference would Naz Reid had made on that play. Wasn't he on the court? Should he have brought a KAT that was stinking up the joint all night?

How a post defender supposed to guard that? You think Draymond guards that?

I never said Rudy deserves 4x DPOY. I said Draymond does not deserve more than 1. Two things can be true

There's never been a year Rudy won DPOY that Draymond even finished 2nd so why is he crying more than the bereaved

You seem to be missing the point, this is not about Draymond Vs Gobert,
The main crux of the matter is that looking the overall body of work for Gobert , he's no where the level of a 4 times DPOY. For example do you think Gobert is a top 10 defender all time?

Dwight Howard won three times in a row as a rim protector but have you noticed no one questions Howard's greatness? Gobert is not just 4 times DPOY good and it irks NBA players generally not just Draymond.
He didn't vote for himself, so it's not his fault.
Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 7:39pm On May 25
Khanben:

Exactly, Gobert is not known for his offensive ability, blaming him for missing shot really dont count in my books.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:24pm On May 25
etidy:

The main crux of the matter is that looking the overall body of work for Gobert , he's no where the level of a 4 times DPOY. For example do you think Gobert is a top 10 defender all time?

Dwight Howard won three times in a row as a rim protector but have you noticed no one questions Howard's greatness? Gobert is not just 4 times DPOY good and it irks NBA players generally not just Draymond.
Be like you just wan argue to argue sha cos I don't recall anywhere I said Rudy deserves to be 4x DPOY.

Some statistical element is involved and it makes no sense to keep attacking Rudy when you can simply face the guys that keep voting him. AD was my DPOY for this year but I would look as stupid as Draymond constantly attacking the guy who like you is not a voter either.

Is it his fault that for some reason every team he's on is a top seed in the West and a #1 defensive team

The NBA players should stop their bloodclart crying, stop being catty and stop Gobert with their performances on the court.

How many times do we reiterate these awards are for the regular season
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 8:45pm On May 25
A40:
Be like you just wan argue to argue sha cos I don't recall anywhere I said Rudy deserves to be 4x DPOY.

Some statistical element is involved and it makes no sense to keep attacking Rudy when you can simply face the guys that keep voting him. AD was my DPOY for this year but I would look as stupid as Draymond constantly attacking the guy who like you is not a voter either.

Is it his fault that for some reason every team he's on is a top seed in the West and a #1 defensive team

The NBA players should stop their bloodclart crying, stop being catty and stop Gobert with their performances on the court.

How many times do we reiterate these awards are for the regular season

shocked shocked I am shocked, I didn't know that multiple MVP or DPOY award winners face more scrutiny than usual.
shocked I am shocked that they get more criticism and scrutiny.
grin grin grin I am shocked that those awards however stupid the voters maybe , generates more expectation from the player.
Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 9:00pm On May 25
afrodoc2:

Yeah i did Bucks and Heat a little bit but i want a place i can stay for a few years. I have morals na.

There's no moral in glory hunting Egbon. grin

Be like Egbon Roland17, his green runs deep. cool
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:02pm On May 25
etidy:

shocked shocked I am shocked, I didn't know that multiple MVP or DPOY award winners face more scrutiny than usual.
shocked I am shocked that they get more criticism and scrutiny.
grin grin grin I am shocked that those awards however stupid the voters maybe brings more added attention.
There's sensible and senseless scrutiny.

Coming from fans is even understandable but coming from a player like Draymond is just dumb for two reasons. He knows better and 2) he can do something about it.

Criticizing Rudy cos he got crossed on by a guard is senseless scrutiny. Where was Antman? Baby Jordan? Where's McDaniels.

To show how senseless the scrutiny is people are not even looking at Gafford and Lively scoring 80% combined from the field. It's that one play that literally nobody probably in league history stops

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 9:13pm On May 25
etidy:

Have you also not noticed that it is only non-Americans that the press tend to shit on like this. All the other multiple DPOY that you talk about all played at a time when coaches for some reason never took advantage of the fact that switching a big onto a great wing was a miss match in favor of the wing. As for D Howard in the bubble he was a linchpin against Denver but when it got the finals against Miami who play small, they played him less minutes.
Gobert is the only 7+ ft that his coaches, no matter the match up, consistently put him out there. That alone should tell us how impactful he his to their defense. But come Monday, some narrative idiots will pick one play and start talking about how he is not a great defender because Luka scored the winner on him

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 9:34pm On May 25
A40:

Draymond consistently gets cooked if he his put on an island with guards and he his barely 6ft9.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 9:38pm On May 25
My final imput on the Gobert slander is there have been 2 other players who have won 4DPOY. ONE IS mutombo and this is what Shaq average on him in the finals
33 PPG
- 57 FG%
- 15.8 RPG
- 4.8 APG
- 3.4 BPG
- 28 Pts, 20 Rebs, 9 Asts, 8 Blks in GM2.

The second is Ben Wallace and for some reason people want to forget how much of a liability he was when he was with the Bulls, Raptors and Cavaliers
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:24pm On May 25
Khanben:

Draymond consistently gets cooked if he his put on an island with guards and he his barely 6ft9.
Gobert is the first center I've seen get criticized for not locking up a guard in an iso possession. Miracle no dey tire Jesus

Draymond is a non factor outside of Golden State. There's a reason he feigns injury when Steph can't play. That one is just carrying their on court beef to analysis.

If he thinks people will care about his nonsense after Golden state he's sadly mistaken. He will only make shock value comments to draw attention cos nobody really wants to hear him talk about anything on a neutral level
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 11:16pm On May 25
A40:
Gobert is the first center I've seen get criticized for not locking up a guard in an iso possession. Miracle no dey tire Jesus

Draymond is a non factor outside of Golden State. There's a reason he feigns injury when Steph can't play. That one is just carrying their on court beef to analysis.

If he thinks people will care about his nonsense after Golden state he's sadly mistaken. He will only make shock value comments to draw attention cos nobody really wants to hear him talk about anything on a neutral level

Remember the Charles Barkley triple single jokes about Draymond that season Steph got hot grin grin grin angry grin grin.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:34pm On May 25
Khanben:

Remember the Charles Barkley triple single jokes about Draymond that season Steph got hot grin grin grin angry grin grin.
Hahaha. He's literally the inventor.

The most accurate analogy is the boy band one. It would be like the least talented member the group being the most vocal

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:40am On May 26
McConnell is destroying these boys. They're not missing Halibooty at all

This must make the Game 1 debacle even more infuriating.

Celtics are so ordinary when the 3pt spamming is not working it's not even funny
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:42am On May 26
This Pacers no dey serious. Just allowed 8-0 run inside 45 seconds
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:43am On May 26
Just settle down and play some interior defense. The Meerkat is also killing us with his rotations. I know you are looking for a response but come on man. Brissett and Tillman are not the answer because they can’t protect the rim.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2234) (2235) (2236) (2237) (2238) (2239) (2240) ... (2257) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.