Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,096 members, 7,828,831 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (270) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1638843 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (2227) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 4:06pm On Jun 11, 2016
Skywalker5:

Exactly, Lebron is in between the greatest and the greats. MJ and Kobe are at the top ,Lebron is in the middle and Barkely is just not far behind Lebron.
SMH.
why bro,why ?

so not one person will speak in LeBron favours ?
lolawillams you sef no go talk anything?
Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 4:24pm On Jun 11, 2016
SIRcumalot:

SMH.
why bro,why ?

so not one person will speak in LeBron favours ?
lolawillams you sef no go talk anything?

Will u rank LeBron above MJ and Kobe? Give me reasons? Kobe and MJ were selfish with plays because they wanted to win.LeBron cares about stats and needs other superstars to help him win titles.getting tired of people comparing him to MJ and kobe.

Remember,he built this team.No one else so he has no excuse.it's his greatness that we are seeing now.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 4:42pm On Jun 11, 2016
Skywalker5:

Will u rank LeBron above MJ and Kobe? Give me reasons? Kobe and MJ were selfish with plays because they wanted to win.LeBron cares about stats and needs other superstars to help him win titles.getting tired of people comparing him to MJ and kobe.

Remember,he built this team.No one else so he has no excuse.it's his greatness that we are seeing now.
MJ is untouchable.
we share similar concerns bro as regard to his team building,lets just live there.
the sun is too hot this afternoon.
Re: The NBA Begins by clevermob: 6:06pm On Jun 11, 2016
the only question in this season left unanswered is who gets finals MVP? I'm hearing Green in some quarters! I hope he gets to play game 5 with his antics in game 4...iggy, curry, Livingston, I think they should just give varejao so the cavs can sob

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jun 11, 2016
shocked shocked grin grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:21pm On Jun 11, 2016
clevermob:
the only question in this season left unanswered is who gets finals MVP? I'm hearing Green in some quarters! I hope he gets to play game 5 with his antics in game 4...iggy, curry, Livingston, I think they should just give varejao so the cavs can sob
Draymond Green no doubt
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jun 11, 2016
clevermob:

Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 6:39pm On Jun 11, 2016
SIRcumalot:

MJ is untouchable.
we share similar concerns bro as regard to his team building,lets just live there.
the sun is too hot this afternoon.

okay,maybe i went too far comparing him to barkley grin grin grin grin but here is my theory.There is a difference between the best player and the greatest player in my own opinion. if you say Lebron is the best player in the league right now,i will agree. He can ball but greatest? When it comes to greatest, this guy cheated to get two rings and ran back to cleveland .He recruited players he know will help him get a ring. How many great players had that luxury? This is as good as it can get for Lebron because he built this team.Tim Duncan is also one i will rank above Lebron. Tim is textbook,no fancy games and very efficient. Can you count Lebron as efficient?

For you to be a great player, some of your qualities should include making your teammates better and be coachable. Tell me Lebron has any of those two qualities? This guy was crowned king before he started and has 2 of 5 in the finals. Remember he fired his own Coach. Do you call that greatness? Even the coach Lue said "Refs don't call fouls for Lebron". Everyone keeps bending over for him.He has been over spoilt.you don't get great players complains the way Lebron has.

Is Lebron one of the top 10 best players ever? Yes
Is Lebron one of the top 10 greatest players ever? No.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 6:43pm On Jun 11, 2016
clevermob:

I would prefer Curry to have it. I hope he brings his A game during the next match. Not sure Draymond will be the best guy for that MVP award.He reminds me of Garnett's antics. I don't want people saying Curry chokes in the finals like Queen James.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 7:51pm On Jun 11, 2016
Skywalker5:

I would prefer Curry to have it. I hope he brings his A game during the next match. Not sure Draymond will be the best guy for that MVP award.He reminds me of Garnett's antics. I don't want people saying Curry chokes in the finals like Queen James.
Only if he goes for 40+ and drives the whole world crazy like he did in regular season OKC match that ended with his 35ft+ Buzzer or just goes Basegod.. Green was more consistent.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 7:59pm On Jun 11, 2016
Skywalker5:

Curry barely gets slack and that's because he is the MVP. They want him to average 30+ ppg before he gets his credit. In reality Curry has had 2 bad games in the finals. Game 1 and 3. He was good in Game 2 but scored only 18pts because he basically played just 24mins in that game. Obviously, foul troubles added to that.

I agree with SmooshCHN though, Green will get it except Curry has a 40 or more game in the game 5 win. I think he will do that though. But then again that's just my heart talking.
Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 8:07pm On Jun 11, 2016
Eruditor:

Curry barely gets slack and that's because he is the MVP. They want him to average 30+ ppg before he gets his credit. In reality Curry has had 2 bad games in the finals. Game 1 and 3. He was good in Game 2 but scored only 18pts because he basically played just 24mins in that game. Obviously, foul troubles added to that.

I agree with SmooshCHN though, Green will get it except Curry has a 40 or more game in the game 5 win. I think he will do that though. But then again that's just my heart talking.

looks like Green might get it but i have to admit,Green plays dirty grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by datGuyJoo: 8:14pm On Jun 11, 2016
I would like to touch on Draymond and Lebron's dustup yesterday.
So talk is the league may penalize Draymond and he may miss game 5 and 6 since Draymond already has a couple of technicals from the OKC series and he was rough with Lebron after Lebron stepped over him( honestly, I saw Lebron push Draymond down first, then step over him)

If the league do penalize Green, then this will be some funny business as Lebron was just as guilty. Both players got foul calls and it should end at that.
By the way, anyone notice Lebron is about to have a 3 peat! just not the one he was hoping for.

Exhibit A:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRRP2j93gXw
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jun 11, 2016
datGuyJoo:
So talk is the league may penalize Draymond and he may miss game 5 and 6 since Draymond already has a couple of technicals from the OKC series and he was rough with Lebron after Lebron stepped over him( honestly, I saw Lebron push Draymond down first, then step over him)

If the league do penalize Green, then this will be some funny business as Lebron was just as guilty. Both players got foul calls and it should end at that.
By the way, anyone notice Lebron is about to have a 3 peat! just not the one he was hoping for.

Exhibit A:
Green called lebron the B word.... wont be suprised if he gets suspended, and even if he does not, he probably just loss the finals MVP because of that. Though, Suspending him for two games is a bit overboard.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jun 11, 2016
Lebron james stepped over a grown man after shoving him to the floor. Thats also a b**ch move, would be play on in my damn books

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SagePAUL(m): 10:39pm On Jun 11, 2016
Hey fellow bball lovers,

What if Okc had won??
Will the Cavs had played any better against Okc??
Cavs is a messed up team...lotta elites but no intellect.
LeBron this..LeBron that..
Cavs have to overlook lebron sometimes..

Well i predicted a 4-1 in GSW favour..and its gon happen.

I suggest we start talking about next season. LMAO
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 1:42am On Jun 12, 2016
Donlittle:
Green called lebron the B word.... wont be suprised if he gets suspended, and even if he does not, he probably just loss the finals MVP because of that. Though, Suspending him for two games is a bit overboard.
datGuyJoo:

Exhibit A:
Wait Y'all, so Green might or should suspend Green because he called LeBron a "B1tch" which he's not but acted like yesterday?? Talk about being mentally soft..
During the regular season, after defeating Pelicans, Marcus Morris and Green got into an argument in which Marcus tapped Green's head which started the whole thing and both parties were asked what happened and Green said in the interview "I'm not going to say what he said or what he did not say, but no man is going to touch my head. I'm a grown man". Same thing when Joakim Noah faced LeBron last year's playoff, which Noah called him a Bitch cos he was complaining on every chance he had, no penalty.. My take is,
This is basketball not table tennis, if you over 6ft and weigh 200pounds you should know you're playing a sport were only the tough people are not just tough but where you most likely will be rough handled by every other competitor.. Trash talking didn't start today and wouldn't end today. The refs saw James and Green pushing each other before Green went to the ground and still saw James "Tyron Lue" Green and saw Green's passive aggression towards that.. He didn't make any call cos he know James was wrong for doing that and there's no rule against it and gave green the chance to take a girly swipe at LeBron then fast forward to where both of them were fighting for rebound where he probably claimed he was called a Bitch..
If the refs deem deem if fit for LeBron to set his leg behind Green and push him, then step over him and overlooks Draymond swipe, and let the play continue to where they both had a foul and you now after the game come and snitch in the press conference that he called you a Bitch, you are clearly one. No doubt.. He wants Green suspended so he can have a shot at Game 5

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 1:54am On Jun 12, 2016
How is what LeBron did different from D'angelo Russell?? He started with "I'm a competitor and I like play against Draymond. Biissh where?? Liar!! You'd avoid the whole GSW team if he can and pick Atlanta Hawks for finals if possible.. 6ft 9, 260pounds whining to bleacher reports he was called a Bitch so he can get Green suspended. Tell me why Green used that word.. Kobe and MJ are laughing at him right now.
You know how many times this series, they shoved Curry around?? How many times yesterday he shoved Curry around and the refs couldn't blow their whistle?? Have you ever every seen Curry complain of being bullied on court? 6ft3" 220pounds Or you expect Draymond to act like a beetle after someone pushed him down and stepped over him?? Or he is at fault because he didn't suck Lebron's ass like most nba players? Much props to Green for putting it out straight to him. LeBron of yesterday was mentally soft. The league will not suspend Draymond cos after they review they'll see LeBron started it and should've have gotten a Flagrant immediately. If Green is suspended, it's definitely because the NBA wants the series to get longer..

No Greats have ever been known to whine about being trash talked to or not getting calls and LeBron isn't a Great.

Screenshot from Bleacher's Report apl

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 2:11am On Jun 12, 2016
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 10:42am On Jun 12, 2016
Stay scheming sc30 n the gang!
Mae cavs no work miracles o grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 10:43am On Jun 12, 2016
I ;Dsmooch.. ... ... Where do you play ball?
Re: The NBA Begins by kcluv2men(m): 11:40am On Jun 12, 2016
Hi guys, i stay in lagos but i'm looking for a court close to surulere preferably. Where i can go play ball with guys. Anybody with any idea should drop them please.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:44pm On Jun 12, 2016
If Green gets suspended then Lebron must be suspended as well, because he initiated the skirmish with a trip and continued with a chest bump into Green even after intentionally walking over green which is quite disrespectful in the world of sport, especially when the Warriors are the ones dishing out the whopping.

Instances like these buttress the school of thought that Lebron is "SOFT", numerous curse words are used during games, i mean, this is the playoff's, i have sat very close to the court during NBA games and i can tell you for a fact that these guys use derogatory languages at each other, and Lebron is no exception. whining about being called the "B" word during the post game interview is just "SOFT" to put kindly, it was meant to distract the horrible game he had and the impending legacy he has built for himself.

Dray is not a clean player, however, i think i think he has succeeded in getting into Lebron's head, which is very easy if history plays any role.

Steve Kerr made a great adjustment after the 2nd quarter and that is, keep Curry away from the pick and roll defensively because he was being abused physically and the referees were turning a blind eye. offensively, when they went small, the ball movement increased and the pick and roll was mixed (high and low) and this confused the Cavs which ultimately led to deep 3's from Chef curry.

Truth is, the Warriors are a more talented bunch individually and as a team in contrast to the Cavs, even if Green is suspended for game 5, i think the Warriors finish the series in Oakland on Monday.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:00pm On Jun 12, 2016
Roland17:
If Green gets suspended then Lebron must be suspended as well, because he initiated the skirmish with a trip and continued with a chest bump into Green even after intentionally walking over green which is quite disrespectful in the world of sport, especially when the Warriors are the ones dishing out the whopping.

Instances like these buttress the school of thought that Lebron is "SOFT", numerous curse words are used during games, i mean, this is the playoff's, i have sat very close to the court during NBA games and i can tell you for a fact that these guys use derogatory languages at each other, and Lebron is no exception. whining about being called the "B" word during the post game interview is just "SOFT" to put kindly, it was meant to distract the horrible game he had and the impending legacy he has built for himself.

Dray is not a clean player, however, i think i think he has succeeded in getting into Lebron's head, which is very easy if history plays any role.

Steve Kerr made a great adjustment after the 2nd quarter and that is, keep Curry away from the pick and roll defensively because he was being abused physically and the referees were turning a blind eye. offensively, when they went small, the ball movement increased and the pick and roll was mixed (high and low) and this confused the Cavs which ultimately led to deep 3's from Chef curry.

Truth is, the Warriors are a more talented bunch individually and as a team in contrast to the Cavs, even if Green is suspended for game 5, i think the Warriors finish the series in Oakland on Monday.
How many baskets do you want?? I'm talking Chipotle wink.
He did that to distract his poor performance I agree.. Most of his point were in garbage time to to fill the stat sheet. Same with Kyrie Irving

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jun 12, 2016
Green suspended, I have to say, Lebron played draymond green on this one, he knew that was the only way. All i see is iguodala playing small Forward, Barnes Power Forward here.... Still think warriors come out with a W, or it will be a close game.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by AZeD1(m): 7:24pm On Jun 12, 2016
Draymond Green is suspended.
Re: The NBA Begins by datGuyJoo: 7:29pm On Jun 12, 2016
Roland17:

Lebron and Draymond have been given a technical according to the league. While Green's action's weren't suspend-able, His actions warrant a technical (Well, His reaction I think) which when you add the last couple of technicals from the OKC games - means he has to miss a game.
Lebron gets a technical and get's to play because he doesn't amass techs like other players so it's understandable. I'm pretty sure Lebron milked this one, but hey, that's why you play with your head also, it's called basketball IQ, not just the physical aspects of the game but mental also.

It's sad the Cavaliers were pushing for the league to suspend Green, but they had a right according to the rules so if that was my chance to extend my season, I'd do it. Can't blame them ( Dumb ass move though, but legal)

I think GSW is going to come out with guns a blazing on monday.
Re: The NBA Begins by datGuyJoo: 7:33pm On Jun 12, 2016
Donlittle:
Green suspended, I have to say, Lebron played draymond green on this one, he knew that was the only way. All i see is iguodala playing small Forward, Barnes Power Forward here.... Still think warriors come out with a W, or it will be a close game.

Lebron totally played Green on this.

Funny how the League didn't give Lebron the technical from the last series with the Raps when he straight up flopped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0mUL2MWvTM

I like Lebron as a player/person but beginning to lose my cool with him.Just play ball man
Re: The NBA Begins by datGuyJoo: 7:43pm On Jun 12, 2016
kcluv2men:
Hi guys, i stay in lagos but i'm looking for a court close to surulere preferably. Where i can go play ball with guys. Anybody with any idea should drop them please.

Sorry Dude. No idea. Would be nice to play a game of pickup with everyone on here (Guys and Girls) sometime, then we can all talk trash and see if our games are as good as our analysis lol.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 7:53pm On Jun 12, 2016
Karma came hard on Draymond. Oya Cavs, make hay while sun shines
No way NBA finals would end in 5...angry

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 8:00pm On Jun 12, 2016
i hate Lebron more for this. Like i said, this guy will cheat his way to get a ring. I am furious right now
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 8:05pm On Jun 12, 2016
Now CAVS fans would be more disgraced tomorrow when warriors win without Draymond Green grin grin grin grin

And you call Le"B"WORD A KING angry undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (2227) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: birdman(m), a4turitoroman and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.