Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (355) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1627284 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (2209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:48pm On Oct 24, 2016
Skywalker5:

Limitless. Your team is not bad but I don't think ur team fit try my own
It looks like cheesy. You better be worries about turnovers and rebounds if Donlittle gives me one solid Center grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 24, 2016
Skywalker5:

You guys are worried about the wrong team. the game is not all about points. there is rebound steals blocks assist and lots like that. The most balanced team is Abifoluwa's team.

How far Abifoluwa? are u up for trade? i need a center. you get too much of them grin grin grin
I tried to make it as balanced as it can be, but i had to take a lot of risk because dwight and Blake can be injury prone, so honestly, i don't know if i made the right move, but it is a risk i am willing to take.

About the trade though, erm erm, will think to see if i will do away with plumlee or greg monroe after the season starts though, maybe week 3 or week 4 since greg monroe will be coming off the bench, plus i want a reliable guard on the bench, not lou williams.

Also banking on Derrick rose been out for some time this year so brandon jennings can get a lot of playing time, so if i get a reliable guard, i might let go of monroe or plumlee
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:50pm On Oct 24, 2016
SmooshCHN:
I could use a more reliable SF and as well do away with Bogut and Zaza for a solid Center.
who is your current small forward?
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:52pm On Oct 24, 2016
Donlittle:
who is your current small forward?
Eric Gordon and Luol Deng..
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 24, 2016
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed Wish i could help lol, what pieces are you willing to let go to get a center?

skywalker, what pieces are you also willing to let go to get a center?

SmooshCHN:
Eric Gordon and Luol Deng..
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 24, 2016
I will let go of Dwight, Monroe or plumlee for klay Thompson
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 7:52pm On Oct 24, 2016
Donlittle:
I will let go of Dwight, Monroe or plumlee for klay Thompson
Luol Deng and D Wade for Dwight..
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 24, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Luol Deng and D Wade for Dwight..
nope. You reaching grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 10:03pm On Oct 24, 2016
angry draft is over guys

How market grin
Abifoluwa
Skywalker....::: angry
Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 12:52am On Oct 25, 2016
Donlittle:
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed Wish i could help lol, what pieces are you willing to let go to get a center?

skywalker, what pieces are you also willing to let go to get a center?

Looking at my team, I think I will wait and see how good it is before trade talk
Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 12:53am On Oct 25, 2016
joephemzyz:
angry draft is over guys

How market grin
Abifoluwa
Skywalker....::: angry
.u don come chop beating again

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:06am On Oct 25, 2016
nairamaniac:
hi. been a while.

i disagree with you on this one. curry is miles ahead of Allen and Reggie.

curry create his own shot, those two don't.

curry has one of the best handles ever seen. probably top 5. I place him that high, cause most times it ends up with points or assists.

Curry becomes a threat to the opposite team right from moment he crosses the half court. attracting double teams to early and opening up team mates.

Reggie and ray are not really skilled.

I agree with lebron being top-3 tho.

if he leads the cavs to beat this worriors which I think its impossible, then he's at worst at par with Jordan.

No need.
Everything you said is the truth, but ray Allen didn't create his own shot? Maybe the boston ray Allen, but the supersonics and Milwaukee ray Allen created his own shots.

Might not be able to handle the ball as well as curry, but he could create for others.

I am picking curry over the others because what he has been able to do in the span of three years is greater than what ray and Reggie did through out their careers even though they carried their team for a longer time than curry.

It's like whatever LeBron will do, go to the finals 10 times in a row, he will never be as great as Jordan because Jordan went there 6 times and took it home 6 times. Shorter span but efficient.

What carry has done in the past three years, winning two nba mvp, nba championship, and personal accolades surpasses Allen and Reggie.
Re: The NBA Begins by Killrhymz: 7:04am On Oct 25, 2016
joephemzyz:
angry draft is over guys
How market grin Abifoluwa Skywalker....::: angry
I'm gonna whoop u guys. We all know wat happened last season

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by nairamaniac: 7:40am On Oct 25, 2016
Donlittle:
Everytging you said is the truth, but ray Allen didn't create his own shot? Maybe the boston ray Allen, but the supersonics and Milwaukee ray Allen created his own shots.

Might not be able to handle the ball as well as curry, but he could create for others.

I am picking curry over the others because what he has been able to do in the span of three years is greater than what ray and Reggie did through out their careers even though they carried their team for a longer time than curry.

It's like whatever LeBron will do, go to the finals 10 times in a row, he will never be as great as Jordan because Jordan went there 6 times and took it home 6 times. Shorter span but efficient.

What carry has done in the past three years, winning two nba mvp, nba championship, and personal accolades surpasses Allen and Reggie.
I agree with all u sed. everyone knows I'm a diehard Jordan fan. he inspired me more than anything else in life.
but its ridiculous wen people use the "getting to finals 7 times and winning trice".

Though Lebron choked in most of those finals, the teams he led there had no business being there in the 1st place, besides his first finals in Miami. Then again, that team hadn't found their identity.

I'm not a sucker for rings, but if Bron leads these cavs to win against the worriors within the next two seasons, we have to put him at par or at worst, close to Jordan.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:36am On Oct 25, 2016
nairamaniac:
I agree with all u sed. everyone knows I'm a diehard Jordan fan. he inspired me more than anything else in life.
but its ridiculous wen people use the "getting to finals 7 times and winning trice".

Though Lebron choked in most of those finals, the teams he led there had no business being there in the 1st place, besides his first finals in Miami. Then again, that team hadn't found their identity.

I'm not a sucker for rings, but if Bron leads these cavs to win against the warriors within the next two seasons, we have to put him at par or at worst, close to Jordan.
Lebron choked in most of those finals(You Admit) but thinks if he wins another title within the next two years, he is going to be on par with Jordan? Blasphemy.

I cringe with this identity issue thing bro, A team that got to the Nba finals, Beat the champions twice hasn't found their identity?

Lebron choked.

Lebron has met San Antanio 3 times in the finals. Lost two, won one.
He met Dallas once in the finals, lost.
Met Oklahoma once, and he won.
Met Golden state twice, and he lost one and won one.

This guy certainly comes close to Jordan if he wins one more in your mind? Let him be on par with Kobe Bryant first, then we can talk.

It's almost as if you know (I am just assuming based on your statement)Lebron is going to lose in the finals against this OKC team so you are actually giving him two seasons? lets see if he win one more in two tries, and then we can place him on par with jordan or almost.

You said you are a Jordan fan again?

Btw, Rings aren't the only way a player is graded, Although it matters... What Jordan did in his 13th season, Not just Rings, but also accolades, Lebron couldn't. That only warrants me disqualifying the guy from getting close to Jordan.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 10:27am On Oct 25, 2016
King speaks again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 10:42am On Oct 25, 2016
Killrhymz:

lol. Dont worry. the season begins . i go catch you soon
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 11:34am On Oct 25, 2016
Killrhymz:

Hehehe u don't have Kobe this time ma'am angry
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 12:32pm On Oct 25, 2016
nairamaniac:

I'm not a sucker for rings, but if Bron leads these cavs to win against the worriors within the next two seasons, we have to put him at par or at worst, close to Jordan.
Why would you say choke ?
That only happened in the Dallas series mehn smiley

Here is to hoping the clippers wins the trophy this year.

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:51pm On Oct 25, 2016
Tip Off Night.

Is it just me or old age. This felt like the shortest close season yet
SmooshCHN:
King speaks again.
Someone that joined with Wade and Bosh to win a ring. Two players from his draft class

That's like M.J, Olajuwon and Barkley teaming up in the late 80's

The hypocrisy is dizzying
nairamaniac:
He is going to need 7 rings to surpass or tie Jordan.

We are talking about a guy who never allowed a series even get to Game 7
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:53pm On Oct 25, 2016
The Curry vs Allen and Reggie Miller thing is a no contest. Its not just the back to back MVPS, He did it while being the league's best scorer and with some of the lowest minutes ever

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:53pm On Oct 25, 2016
Tip Off Night.
Is it just me or old age. This felt like the shortest close season yet
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:56pm On Oct 25, 2016
Any suprise team picks?

I like the T-Wolves in the West

Disappointment teams

The Bulls
Rockets

Maybe even the Mavs thanks to that mediocre Barnes
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:41am On Oct 26, 2016
A40:
Any suprise team picks?

I like the T-Wolves in the West

Disappointment teams

The Bulls
Rockets

Maybe even the Mavs thanks to that mediocre Barnes
I tip the Blazers to get to the western conference finals
Re: The NBA Begins by nairamaniac: 1:26am On Oct 26, 2016
A40:

He is going to need 7 rings to surpass or tie Jordan.

We are talking about a guy who never allowed a series even get to Game 7
Jordan never faced a team like what Lebron is about to face. You guys don't seem to understand what these warriors would do this season. iv seen it already.
It's not just about the quality if players. its the movements, fluidity and diversification of set-plays.
Lebron has 2 supporting cast that didn't make all nba-teams and allstars last season.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:36am On Oct 26, 2016
Knicks looks promising, might be alright if they manage to stay healthy this year. Hopefully, Stephen A smith can stop blaming phil jackson for mediocrity grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:38am On Oct 26, 2016
A40:

Someone that joined with Wade and Bosh to win a ring. Two players from his draft class

That's like M.J, Olajuwon and Barkley teaming up in the late 80's

The hypocrisy is dizzying
Selective Amnesia grin angry
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:13am On Oct 26, 2016
Derrick rose being selfish. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:29am On Oct 26, 2016
Donlittle:
Knicks looks promising, might be alright if they manage to stay healthy this year. Hopefully, Stephen A smith can stop blaming phil jackson for mediocrity grin grin

The Knicks are who we think they are!! Nothing has changed, they don't seem to have a style of play, reminds me of street basketball. All ISO.

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (2209) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: greypencils

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.