Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,840 members, 7,851,841 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:02 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (508) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1654545 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) ... (2246) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:28pm On May 10, 2017
A40:
Harden did the exact thing anti-Westbrook folk accuse Westbrook of doing.

I just dey sit down dey look dem. The ninja accounted for over 9 TO, hugged the ball all game.. infact make i just dey look.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:35pm On May 10, 2017
Roland17:

I just dey sit down dey look dem. The ninja accounted for over 9 TO, hugged the ball all game.. infact make i just dey look.
As in ehn, me sef just dey look In HD.
At least we now know that their beef with Westbrook had more to do with his TDs than general on-court performance. Except they wanna agree they're double-speak.
I still want a GSW- Rockets WCF though.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:44pm On May 10, 2017
SIRcumalot:

why you wan crucify the guy for one uncharacteristic moment ?
Lol, no Sir, Harden experienced what Westbrook has been experiencing all year. Faced with a better drilled team and your back is against the wall, the team leader would see more of the ball as the onus would be on him to bail his team out.
I believe we can easily agree that as of this season, the Rockets are the 4th best team in the NBA, in contrast to OkC who relatively played through the wire all season.

5 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 10, 2017
A40:
Harden did the exact thing anti-Westbrook folk accuse Westbrook of doing.
in wizkid voice "Anything I do, them go talk, my brother leave story them go talk Na Na Na Na " grin

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:05pm On May 10, 2017
A40:

Someone said Harden needs to donate his beard to Ginobili's bald spot for that block
grin grin
That block had me jumping for glory
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:11pm On May 10, 2017
Donlittle:
grin grin
That block had me jumping for glory

I was more excited about Manu's dunk at 39!! shocked shocked This was a rebirth for the old man. lol

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 6:22pm On May 10, 2017
sapiosexual1:

Lol, no Sir, Harden experienced what Westbrook has been experiencing all year. Faced with a better drilled team and your back is against the wall, the team leader would see more of the ball as the onus would be on him to bail his team out.
I believe we can easily agree that as of this season, the Rockets are the 4th best team in the NBA, in contrast to OkC who relatively played through the wire all season.

Na today harden just dey turn ball over better check his regular season record.
He played horribly in the OT,big deal,it happens. Does it suddenly cancel his performance so far this series ?I don't think so and it isn't over yet.
whoever predicted that the rockets could be this good ?
like I said before,I already caught a glimpse of the Russ show so am not surprised how it end for OKC this season .

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 7:03pm On May 10, 2017
SIRcumalot:

Na today harden just dey turn ball over better check his regular season record.
He played horribly in the OT,big deal,it happens. Does it suddenly cancel his performance so far this series ?I don't think so and it isn't over yet.
whoever predicted that the rockets could be this good ?
like I said before,I already caught a glimpse of the Russ show so am not surprised how it end for OKC this season .

LOL. No need. Those who know, know.

Harden was blamed for the loss not his teammates. Nobody started typing rubbish about him having 33pts, 10 rebounds &10assists and then blaming his teammates like L Will and co that were pisspoor. Nobody is talking about their GREAT bench again especially when (Houston used to win games that Harden does not play well in but not RW) grin

That is the difference between newbies making objective arguments and salty legends of NBA threads with recent L records to their names.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:51pm On May 10, 2017
SIRcumalot:

SIRcumalot:

Gbagbe. Most really good players tend to take the matter in the hands in the 4th. I'm saying a lot of players do what Westbrook was blamed for and unlike last year when they had K.D this year there was no one in the OKC roster with even a quarter of Westbrook's playoff experience. If those younger boys choked. Na still Westbrook for take the blame.

This was a game the Rockets ought to have won but Harden did a Westbrook
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:57pm On May 10, 2017
birdman:

Mental adjustments. Masai kinda said it without saying it. Which is why i think derozan is in danger. These kind of words should never be thought by your go to guy, much less spoken in public.

Hard to say it but derozan goes soft when the game gets hard. How do you teach that level of heart
DeRozan na accidental superstar, I bet he didn't dream he would ever be in a situation where getting to a conference semi and being swept would be considered a failure. This is someone who in his 9th year in the league has refused to get a 3pt jumper. Let's be honest sha, nobody expected they would get to this point after they traded Rudy Gay so the team gan is sort of an accident.

Who would you propose they trade for DeRozan? You know Lowry is also a UFA

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:04pm On May 10, 2017
Roland17:

Leave anti-Westbrook crew let them be yarning megedefegede. They would see black and call it white but we can see what is going on ojukoroju

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:43pm On May 10, 2017
sapiosexual1:

We were hearing Tales by Moonlight and Ted Cruzesque speeches about system (from an adjudged one trick pony coach) and other verbose megedefegede when we told chale Houston were simply the stronger team in the previous series.

Houston's bench have done their part against the weaker OKC. Its Harden's turn. Let's se if he turns to his teammates or tries to be the hero

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:24pm On May 10, 2017
Roland17:

In my opinion, i would keep Casey, it is not his fault his stars do not show up because they deficient in many aspects of the game that matter in the post season.

A change of culture would imply a change in the method of player recruitment especially free agents, change in how they play, and the change also means DeMar has to improve numerous aspects of his game. He is wayyyyy to predictable and has the heart of a worm on the court.

For a player his size, length, and with such wing span, he should be a better defender on the ball, especially 1v1. Also, 15 foot jump shots are never gong to make you great especially when you are the primary scorer for your team. He has to develop 3 point shooting, and stronger drive to the rim. A career defining summer workout awaits him, players like Kawahi, Harden, A. Bradley, M. Gasol are testimonies to how develop new skills either on offense or defense.

If they decide to keep DeMar, they would have to surround him with shooters/ scorers. Lowry wants to win a ring, and he has his eyes set on western conference because Lebron would continue to dominate the East. The Spurs, Pelicans, Rockets, Mavs (depending on what Cuban wants to do next season).
But don't you think the coach is also to blame for such a sharp drop in offense. Even Mark Jackson didn't do this badly in Golden State

They don't have a lot of cap room to play with unless they let Ibaka walk and find a mugu to dump Carroll on top. The amount of talent required to topple the Cavs is not readily available anyway so IMO they are stuck between tanking and the purgatory of being a good team but not a great one. Don't forget they lost their pick to get Ibaka. This is the issue with these desperado trades.

I don't even know if Demar can change his game in the 9th inning. If a perimeter guy doesn't know that he ought to have a 3pt game in today's NBA then I don't know. The positive with him is his durability and consistency.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:03am On May 11, 2017
9 turnovers but he aint choke. Im schleep though

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 12:20am On May 11, 2017
Donlittle:

Sircumalot, Myself already panned him for the loss. We said he was to blame for the L. Where is your post criticizing RW for going 18/43, 4/19 (4th quarter) and 15/34 in his Ls? Instead Oladipo and every other person was at fault and Russell was praised for TDs.

Harden did a TD yesterday going 11/24 from the field. Nobody mentioned it because he was horrible in OT. This was the argument we made about RW but then RW was not at fault even inspite of stats, real accounts, pundits, reddit comments, quora etc.

Wake up o. By sleeping some have seen Beverley force RW to 7/27 in a game he shot 15/34 but like Bev said to RW "Men lie (with uppercase alphabets) women too, but numbers don't"

lipsrsealed

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:04am On May 11, 2017
Donlittle:
Its not even about choking to a team missing two of its best players. Anybody can do that plus the series isn't over.

The pitiful aspect was ninjas blaming Westbrook for the incompetence of his teammates. Even with stats showing OKC were a D-League team whenever Westbrook sat while Harden was being carried.
We were told Westbrook was the reason Victor Oladipo shot 4/17 in an elimination game amongst other megedefegede too numerous to mention.

Abeg let me root for my Pens. While I mess with this Maya tutorial
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 2:58am On May 11, 2017
A40:

Gbagbe. Most really good players tend to take the matter in the hands in the 4th. I'm saying a lot of players do what Westbrook was blamed for and unlike last year when they had K.D this year there was no one in the OKC roster with even a quarter of Westbrook's playoff experience. If those younger boys choked. Na still Westbrook for take the blame.

This was a game the Rockets ought to have won but Harden did a Westbrook
No be the burden of every superstar be that?
Na Harden everybody dey curse,nobody remember the time him give Eric Gordon ball and the guy dribble ball hit mills for leg for OT.
Never forget say WB don earn this hero ball rep since him days with Durant.

WB don win this MVP so me don rest.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:27am On May 11, 2017
Where Roland17? You think say na Golden State?

Issa shutout for the Pens. And customer daada collect him usual raba

#PensIn7

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 3:40am On May 11, 2017
still on course for a Celtic win in 7.na wetin I talk before be that.
almost every game for this series na so-so blow out.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:41am On May 11, 2017
SIRcumalot:

No be the burden of every superstar be that?
Na Harden everybody dey curse,nobody remember the time him give Eric Gordon ball and the guy dribble ball hit mills for leg for OT.
Never forget say WB don earn this hero ball rep since him days with Durant.

WB don win this MVP so me don rest.
m not even a Westbrook fan. I have always leaned towards Harden. However let it be established that Harden is working with more! The anti-Westbrook crew can bring up wins and seeds and if that is the case we might as well give the award to Kawhi.

I have panned Westbrook in the past even using his style of play justifying KD's exit when people were calling him snake, pointed out his 40 shot game as a terrible performance from a PG. However I won't see black and call it white. How can Adams get killed by a ninja 12 years his senior and people still dey blame Westbrook? Oladipo shooting less than 25% in an elimination game and Westbrook still gets blamed. He sits and leads to turn to deficits and people still blame Westbrook. Kilodeee

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:43am On May 11, 2017
This Eastern Conference is just somehow. I knew I made the right call watching Penguins and Capitals instead
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:31am On May 11, 2017
A40:
Where Roland17? You think say na Golden State?

Issa shutout for the Pens. And customer daada collect him usual raba

#PensIn7

Lol.. Congrats baba, i think a repeat is not far fetched for your Pens.

These Caps sabi fall hand. Well, hockey is very unpredictable irrespective of home ice, and maybe that is one of the reasons i love the game.

Ovy must be feeling sick to his stomach.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:13am On May 11, 2017
A40:

m not even a Westbrook fan. I have always leaned towards Harden. However let it be established that Harden is working with more! The anti-Westbrook crew can bring up wins and seeds and if that is the case we might as well give the award to Kawhi.
This has been me all season but i keep being reminded about pre-seasons stats which tipped Okc as the next big thing in the NBA while the rockets weren't even in playoff consideration.
Abi, let's kuku give kawhi the MVP, even IT sef deserves it more. grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:27am On May 11, 2017
D'antoni only played 7 guys yesterday. Didn't expect much.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:28pm On May 11, 2017
A40:

DeRozan na accidental superstar, I bet he didn't dream he would ever be in a situation where getting to a conference semi and being swept would be considered a failure. This is someone who in his 9th year in the league has refused to get a 3pt jumper. Let's be honest sha, nobody expected they would get to this point after they traded Rudy Gay so the team gan is sort of an accident.

Who would you propose they trade for DeRozan? You know Lowry is also a UFA

Lowry opting out changes everything imo. He was talking about how being 30+ is not a negative with modern technology grin. This tells me he is actively looking. Lowry may end up with Spurs if Parker is out for good. Pelicans and Jazz could use a tough pg too. In short good market for Lowry.

Which means Derozan will be staying. They shop this guy every year and he never goes anywhere. Frankly I cant even think of who I would trade derozan for. Some games he looks like junior kobe. Othet games you want to flog him. It is hard to assess his true value imo - is he a legit superstar, or a very good swingman
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 2:02am On May 12, 2017
Houston, We have a problem.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:10am On May 12, 2017
LOL...But Harden has better players ^^^
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:40am On May 12, 2017
ITS A NIGGA IN HOUSTON RIGHT NOW. His team is down by 20+ points in an elimination game and he got how many points again?

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:02am On May 12, 2017
A40:
Lol the Spurs literally stole this game. Gotta hope Kawhi is ok.

That block on Harden man! He really hurt them with the T.Os too

I predict a blowout Rockets win in Game 6 sha
I pREdICt a bLOWout RocKETs wIN
Re: The NBA Begins by raumdeuter: 3:07am On May 12, 2017
Harden should just take a vacation and go to Africa

If I hear anyone mention MVP near his name
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:11am On May 12, 2017
Ileke ti ja ba yi oo

Shebi we were telling Ominiknowest in the previous round that it wasn't down to any megedefegede system. Now faced with a superior team garri has found its level. Harden cannot even carry his team like RW did. A team sans two Finals MVPs. Let us hear the grammatical Telemundo that would be conjured this time
Re: The NBA Begins by raumdeuter: 3:14am On May 12, 2017
Losing by 36 points with 3:40 to go at home.

You are the real MVP

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) ... (2246) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.