Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,475 members, 7,830,386 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (510) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1639892 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) ... (2227) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:35pm On May 12, 2017
Decale:

Rockets bench has the stats to back it up.

OKC couldn't stop Lou, Gordon and Nene. Spurs did. That's all
Lmao. No mind Telemundo analyst. Where were the likes of Dejounte Murray and Jonathan Simmons in the Grizzlies series? And from Games 1 to 5?

I bet the Spurs don't tally -58 in a series when Kawhi sits.

In an elimination game the best player does not wait till the 2nd quarter to take his first shot, When the supposed bench you know would still be on the bench.

It is such Telemundo analysis that would make someone claim they saw Mark Jackson and Jeff Van Gundy analyze on TNT. But overskill will always kill ninja

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:04pm On May 12, 2017
Context will always be lost on Bebeto. I showed a clear instance of where star power crushed both coaching and system to show that 'System' cannot be the only argument to be used to posit a reason as to why a team can win and lose a series.

Erin ke ke l'agbole Baba Suwe. Chale went on to bring up James beating the Cavs on his own, ignoring the fact that James had a running mate Kyrie Irving who outplayed the other team's best player from Games 5 to 7 even dropping the title winning shot. The year Lebron actually went on his OWN he lost

Omo to si apa e ni iya e ma gbe. So when someone is talking about bench carrying a player who shot for 10 PTS made just 2 Field Goals with 6 Turnovers, you know they don't know what the are talking about.

Nobody failed to give Harden credit when they beat OKC. Harden has been getting props steady! What was said was that the Bench performed! OKC's bench did not perform!

In this series the Rockets bench didn't perform but Harden was arguably WORSE. Fans criticizing aren't blind! If Harden played well and the Rockets lost he would still get due plaudits. Forget your Telemundo yarns

Na kuku for Telemundo you dey watch JVG and Mark Jackson dey analyze

Chale Sit down and Be Humble

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:46pm On May 12, 2017
Harden choked yesterday and he accepted it. But saying it like Westbrook would have done better when he didn't even get chance or has been proven to be a Turnover machine in every 4th quarter including last year 3-1 loss to GSW is Wrong. Forget the teammates/bench BS. Harden choked and Westbrook as always proven himself would have as well choked probably. He did even with KD and the so called scrubs.

Unto next round abeg. I still have Wizards cry they'll match up the Cavs better than that noise making Celtics grin

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 6:24pm On May 12, 2017
LOL. Men are seeing visions. Despite copious mentions of system, coaching and role of star player they saw "only" system because lost causes are the way to go.

You mean KD 28ppg, did not have RW averaging 25ppg against Spurs? Ibaka and Adams averaging 11ppg respectively? RW also outplayed Spurs best player (Kawhi 23ppg) in the series. Wetin come be JUST KD? grin

Harden was arguably worse than his bench with 24.5ppg and 10apg? Who in both teams outscored and outassisted him? grin

Harden is being whipped for his bad games and I am doing same. Y'all should show us where you called RW out. LOL.

I can imagine RW saying to Harden "boy, you should not have shot 3/17 in that loss. If you shot the ball 26 more times, they would have blamed your teammates" grin grin

PS: Na TNT link on NBA reddit streams I take watch the match no vex. Na JVG and Mark been do the coverage/commentary. If you check box score you no go see am. Na people wey actually watch am go see am.

6 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 6:48pm On May 12, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Harden choked yesterday and he accepted it. But saying it like Westbrook would have done better when he didn't even get chance or has been proven to be a Turnover machine in every 4th quarter including last year 3-1 loss to GSW is Wrong. Forget the teammates/bench BS. Harden choked and Westbrook as always proven himself would have as well choked probably. He did even with KD and the so called scrubs.

Unto next round abeg. I still have Wizards cry they'll match up the Cavs better than that noise making Celtics grin

Adams, Kanter, Roberson that year. Next year, as KD comot, dem become scrubs like the people TLC bin dey sing about in 1999 grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 7:37pm On May 12, 2017
They should just give Kawhi the MVP to end this wahala

First, it's Oohmpa and Eruditor
Now na A40 and Eruditor

Eruditor, you're the common denominator here grin

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:18pm On May 12, 2017
Ahem! Jus felt like coughing grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 2:13am On May 13, 2017
Eruditor:

Adams, Kanter, Roberson that year. Next year, as KD comot, dem become scrubs like the people TLC bin dey sing about in 1999 grin
You should accept Harden choked tho or say it. Save us the stress cheesy cos he did.
For OKC I said it earlier, those guys were great last playoffs and when it came down to last 5mins, Westbrook did his usual in game 6 and 7. All ISO and TOs. So Harden choking for the first time in the series shouldn't exonerate Westbrook especially not this season.
I still blame OKC coach, coaching staffs and athletic trainers for acting like they don't know other guys were in regress compared to last year. Cos we heard about Adams and Draymond feud last season, Kanter and Roberson made so good runs but this season, those guys were just invisible due to the Heroic system of Westbrook that chokes 4th quarter (4th quarter before someone kills me with his Triple Double).
Harden choked game 5 OT and entire game 6.. But Westbrook, is a regular offender. Cut the beard dome slack.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:26am On May 13, 2017
Eruditor:
And they won without Kawhi.

Harden helped his team but let them down when it mattered but I guess he was tired.

This was my post after game 5. After game 6 I said same. I don't care for anyone not on GSWs roster but all the superficial analysis and double standard had to stop.

He was horrible. Same way Russell was. I said it for Harden but they'd rather blame OKC bench because somehow accepting that RW should take most of the blame would render the many pages of long balderdash arguments irrelevant.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:29am On May 13, 2017
My own now is for God to let whoever will take at least 2 games from Cavs in the ECFs to win the series between Celts and Wiz. Celts are playing solid D today but they should not flatter someone and get swept in the ECF. Cavs cannot have plenty rest coming into the NBA finals as I predict our series with Spurs could go all the way.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:32am On May 13, 2017
Decale:
They should just give Kawhi the MVP to end this wahala

First, it's Oohmpa and Eruditor
Now na A40 and Eruditor

Eruditor, you're the common denominator here grin

Na fun I dey catch. This is but a virtual world and the truth will remain what it is regardless.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:24am On May 13, 2017
Eruditor:

I definitely agree, but playing ahome with their backs against the Wall I expected a blow out win I won't lie.

Why did MDA bench triple Dekker even when his presence in the first half helped y'all reduce the deficit to 18 and he made 2 huge 3s out of 4 tries?

dantoni's stubbornness is legendary. the guy looks quiet, standing like a gentleman on the sidelines. But that dude is a volcano of stubbornness and wrath lol
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:41am On May 13, 2017
John Wall shocked
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:43am On May 13, 2017
Which kain family game we dey follow Wizards play sef? angry grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 3:45am On May 13, 2017
Battle of PGs. Wall, you motherfucker!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:45am On May 13, 2017
Roland17:

lmaooooo. the way wizards are chest bumping, u know they thought this was the end of the road. grin I dont think Ive ever seen a home crowd so scared...even when wiz were up by 10 the arena was quiet.

see wall dey bone....pesin wey dey shake like leaf all game.live to fight anoda day!
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 3:45am On May 13, 2017
Roland17:

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:46am On May 13, 2017
Eruditor:

This was my post after game 5. After game 6 I said same. I don't care for anyone not on GSWs roster but all the superficial analysis and double standard had to stop.

He was horrible. Same way Russell was. I said it for Harden but they'd rather blame OKC bench because somehow accepting that RW should take most of the blame would render the many pages of long balderdash arguments irrelevant.
Just saw this. cheesy

You saw John Wall?? I have zero faith in the Celtics tbh.. The Wizards would match up better.. They better get game 7
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:47am On May 13, 2017
Roland17:
Decale:
Battle of PGs. Wall, you motherfucker!!!
Bruh!! cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 3:55am On May 13, 2017
I don't know why you think wizard can do anything against the Cavs. You still don't know what's happening yet? Lol
Cavs can sweep either if they want to so it doesn't matter to them who they face between this two teams. For some reason some warriors fans here still in denial of this. smh

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:50am On May 13, 2017
Manutd19:
I don't know why you think wizard can do anything against the Cavs. You still don't know what's happening yet? Lol
Cavs can sweep either if they want to so it doesn't matter to them who they face between this two teams. For some reason some warriors fans here still in denial of this. smh
bruh your posts regularly disgusts me. On God
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:55am On May 13, 2017
@Decale

grin grin I see say your babalawo dey work overtime on top Celtics matter.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:58am On May 13, 2017
By the time either team arrives the conference finals, they would be physically exhausted to even give the Cavs a competition.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:32am On May 13, 2017
Eruditor:
My own now is for God to let whoever will take at least 2 games from Cavs in the ECFs to win the series between Celts and Wiz. Celts are playing solid D today but they should not flatter someone and get swept in the ECF. Cavs cannot have plenty rest coming into the NBA finals as I predict our series with Spurs could go all the way.
7 games between GSW and these spurs?

The best the Spurs can do to a focused GSW team, is taking 2 games. Personally I would go for a victory of the warriors 4 -1.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:41am On May 13, 2017
Manutd19:
Bruh!! If you don't GTFO.. No one is saying the Wizards can best your team with the Highest pay roll team ever in the NBA. Some of us just love to watch teams compete not the usual Cupcake eastern conference. We crave something different.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 5:54am On May 13, 2017
LoJ:

The best the Spurs can do to a focused GSW team, is taking 2 games. Personally I would go for a victory of the warriors 4 -1.
no mind am he no wetin him dey do.
4-1 warriors win,and that 1 na because of my respect for PoP.
warriors real coach no even well,see how them dey solo everybody.

fork KD.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:55am On May 13, 2017
LoJ:

Haba let's respect spurs and give them 4-2
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:59am On May 13, 2017
SIRcumalot:

no mind am he no wetin him dey do.
4-1 warriors win,and that 1 na because of my respect for PoP.
warriors real coach no even well,see how them dey solo everybody.

fork KD.
If you would call 4-1 WWarriors, you can go ahead to call 4-0 Warriors in the ring decider. And that is because of respect for LeWhine. Otherwise, after game3 , Cavs wwouldn't bother to show up for game4 grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 8:04am On May 13, 2017
Donlittle:
bruh your posts regularly disgusts me. On God

Why because I say the truth? You love post of people saying Cavs wouldn't dominate in playoff cos of their regular season short struggle?
What have I said so far that disgusts you?
Lol.... Truth is this is NBA and no team can the east is challenging the Cavs.

Warriors fans makes it look like they are facing any challenge as well. Mtcheww

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 8:06am On May 13, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Bruh!! If you don't GTFO.. No one is saying the Wizards can best your team with the Highest pay roll team ever in the NBA. Some of us just love to watch teams compete not the usual Cupcake eastern conference. We crave something different.

Which team is competing with warriors so far? What is the difference between with what the warriors is doing and the cavs?
You warriors fans here are arrogant and scared as well.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 8:21am On May 13, 2017
cheesy cheesy don't take my GTFO too seriously abeg. Yes we swept I know. Just this once tho. But like 3 years now, it's always a sweep. My comments was on oppositions not putting up a fight at least. How can you sweep the same team two years in a row and face them in the finals again this year? I don't care about the Cavs, we just don't want the usually predicted rape we usually see from the Cavs vs East.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:30am On May 13, 2017
The megedefegede never stops y'all.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/james-hardens-disappearing-act-has-everyone-including-popovich-baffled/

https://www.si.com/nba/2017/05/12/james-harden-houston-rockets-meltdown-nba-playoffs-spurs

No be A-40 write am

People are questioning Harden's legacy. You think they are unaware of his 24.5 ppg and 10asts? Neutrals and even Rockets fans are pointing out that Harden quit on his team but Jimi Solanke is here telling us stories that touch.

When we say Harden was carried in the OKC series it was not for show. They were game (s) he was outscored by a member his bench

In an elimination game James Harden was -28 on the floor but Telemundo analyst is talking about Sweet Lou and asking Jamb Question

I am saying do not lump Westbrook's performance to the national disgrace we witnessed two nights ago

Lmaoo. Mr I saw JVG and Mark Jackson on TNT please take several seats. To watch and analyze basketball is not by force. Reddit ko Hobbit ni

Abajo e dey call Nene Brazilian McGee.

Baba kan cast ara e sha

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) ... (2227) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.