Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,259 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (511) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1639832 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) ... (2227) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 8:37am On May 13, 2017
SmooshCHN:
cheesy cheesy don't take my GTFO too seriously abeg. Yes we swept I know. Just this once tho. But like 3 years now, it's always a sweep. My comments was on oppositions not putting up a fight at least. How can you sweep the same team two years in a row and face them in the finals again this year? I don't care about the Cavs, we just don't want the usually predicted rape we usually see from the Cavs vs East.

No p bro
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:53am On May 13, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Harden choked yesterday and he accepted it. But saying it like Westbrook would have done better when he didn't even get chance or has been proven to be a Turnover machine in every 4th quarter including last year 3-1 loss to GSW is Wrong. Forget the teammates/bench BS. Harden choked and Westbrook as always proven himself would have as well choked probably. He did even with KD and the so called scrubs.

Unto next round abeg. I still have Wizards cry they'll match up the Cavs better than that noise making Celtics grin
Every NBA player has choked at one point or another going by your definition

Even the Durant wey dey Golden State don choke vs same Golden State. Harden dropped 12 turnovers and shot 2/11 vs that same Golden State

Only one team can win it all but a player can lose and you wouldn't question their commitment to win.

If the Wizards lose their series to the Celtics nobody would say John Wall didn't do his bit. Even Westbrook did his bit whether una admit am or not nobody is calling Westbrook a quitter

James Harden on the other hand or should I say James Soften is going -28 and fouling out with his team almost 40 pts down?

Iyaato wa ejo

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:14am On May 13, 2017
Thank God the Wizards didn't pull a Harden and forced a Game 7. Its one thing to have a bad shooting night and its another to absolutely not try to help your team win. Wall was 9/25 but guess who remembers that now? Nobody!!

They need to do much better in Game 7. Its easier to close out on the road with the right amount of focus. The Pens showed that the other night but it remains to be seen if the Wizards can match that
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 10:22am On May 13, 2017
Decale:

My most perfect prediction yet. Wizards make me proud angry

David decale blaine grin. We will also need your finals prediction
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 10:47am On May 13, 2017
decale no be joke o. consult your oracle and report back.
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 10:58am On May 13, 2017
SIRcumalot:
decale no be joke o. consult your oracle and report back.
Abi. We should know if those clowns would take a B2B L's grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 10:59am On May 13, 2017
A40:

If the Wizards lose their series to the Celtics nobody would say John Wall didn't do his bit. Even Westbrook did his bit whether una admit am or not nobody is calling Westbrook a quitter

James Harden on the other hand or should I say James Soften is going -28 and fouling out with his team almost 40 pts down?

Iyaato wa ejo

I rather shoot the ball and miss. People would know I didn't quit

Forgotten who said that. No be like that hin talk am but una get the idea

Jonathan Hendrick Wall Jnr was 1/9 FG in first half for 3 points, he didn't stop when he went 3/8 in the 3rd quarter. He scored 23 points in the second half and called game. Nobody will remember any other. Wizards was at a disadvantage when he sat.

Westbrook was killing Rockets on court but his team couldn't keep up when he sat. He came back and did his stupid thing: Shooting bricks and turning over the ball. It still doesn't change the fact that He can be clutch which he's shown numerous times or carried the team. He never quit

But Harden 2 nights ago, ehn. That thing will scar him till next season like Warriors 3-1 stunt. Considering he's an MVP leading candidate, he shoulda done better. How can you pass on an open shot? You don't get eliminated like that. He's gotten trolled these past few days than some players' lifetimes. And what's worse, stats still show he was at the same level of damage as his bench who didn't even play at all. It doesn't help his Legacy.

I just hope he redeems his game like Lebron did after 2011 finals. I hope

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 11:05am On May 13, 2017
Shumpert tweeted Who y'all got in game 7?

One said "Wizards"

Another said "It doesn't matter"

Then this one off me

"Who do you wanna sweep more?"

grin grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 11:06am On May 13, 2017
Roland17:
@Decale

grin grin I see say your babalawo dey work overtime on top Celtics matter.

Na the work wey we dey do grin

The guy get one last otumokpo for Monday grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 11:10am On May 13, 2017
lolawilliams:

David decale blaine grin. We will also need your finals prediction

No jinx my juju, babe.

I have been told but I'll keep it till that time reach
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 11:35am On May 13, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Just saw this. cheesy

You saw John Wall?? I have zero faith in the Celtics tbh.. The Wizards would match up better.. They better get game 7

I have no confidence in the Celts tbh especially when they were sure to be ousted by the Bulls had Rondo not picked an injury but right now, na faith matter. Cavs can't go 12-0 before the NBA finals.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:39am On May 13, 2017
Decale:

I rather shoot the ball and miss. People would know I didn't quit

Forgotten who said that. No be like that hin talk am but una get the idea

Jonathan Hendrick Wall Jnr was 1/9 FG in first half for 3 points, he didn't stop when he went 3/8 in the 3rd quarter. He scored 23 points in the second half and called game. Nobody will remember any other. Wizards was at a disadvantage when he sat.

Westbrook was killing Rockets on court but his team couldn't keep up when he sat. He came back and did his stupid thing: Shooting bricks and turning over the ball. It still doesn't change the fact that He can be clutch which he's shown numerous times or carried the team. He never quit

But Harden 2 nights ago, ehn. That thing will scar him till next season like Warriors 3-1 stunt. Considering he's an MVP leading candidate, he shoulda done better. How can you pass on an open shot? You don't get eliminated like that. He's gotten trolled these past few days than some players' lifetimes. And what's worse, stats still show he was at the same level of damage as his bench who didn't even play at all. It doesn't help his Legacy.

I just hope he redeems his game like Lebron did after 2011 finals. I hope
I have a better one. "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky

Its not about misses alone self. We are talking about a player who couldn't even snag a rebound till midway in the 2nd quarter.

His performance was historically bad. And no objective person would put it in the same bracket with Westbrook's

-28 in an elimination game. Ooooooouuu

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 11:44am On May 13, 2017
LoJ:

7 games between GSW and these spurs?

The best the Spurs can do to a focused GSW team, is taking 2 games. Personally I would go for a victory of the warriors 4 -1.

Make I no lie before game 6 of the WCSF between Rockets and Spurs I was housing this inner feeling that we were gonna sweep them but I think Kawhi's injury kinda forced Pop's hand to show us what he planned against GSW.

I think his machinations in game 6 (using the quasi-twin towers of LMA and Gasol, limiting PnRs & 3pt shots etc) is what he would moat likely deploy in game 1 against us. Because of this, I am scared. I know GSW have mixed and mashed the offense this season without heavily relying on 3-ball and we are willing to take the midrange shots that Rockets did not, but I question Zaza's post defense and Javale who is better might be neutered by having to run both ends of the floor even when he cannot give us 25mins.

I might be cherrypicking things sha but I don't wanna sound too confident. Pop is Pop and albeit, Mike Brown has assisted him before, I would have preferred to have Steve Kerr now playing MENSA-IQ Bball with Pop than Brown. Anyways, after game 2 we would see how long the series will last.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:48am On May 13, 2017
Where Roland? Surely you might not be feeling so bad about getting swept by the Predators. That team dey really fear me.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:10pm On May 13, 2017
A40:
Where Roland? Surely you might not be feeling so bad about getting swept by the Predators. That team dey really fear me.

The Predators look really really good, it s not even how they swept us, its how they defeated the Ducks. The biggest difference in this team from last year has been the arrival of PK Suban. When i heard the Canadians were trading him for picks, i was confused because he was the best defense-man in the league last year. The Canadians would definitely be biting their tongue.

They look very tough on defense and then there is the wall of China, the indomitable wall of Berlin in goaltender Pekka Rinee. Rinne's size makes it almost impossible for shots see the back of the net, he is the biggest reason we got swept.

The Penguins looked really good, however, Crosby is quite susceptible to concussions, he is playing broken in my opinion, i am convinced he is nursing an upper body injury. The Predators would definitely win or push this to a 7 depending on how much Crosby plays because he would be tortured on the ice with hits. The Preds play really really hard.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 12:28pm On May 13, 2017
Taking shots without having the best look. It is not okay to see a niccar refusing to pass it up or trying too hard...Westbrook. grin cheesy

I know JVG and Mark J work for ESPN but you get an E for effort. You do realize some people are in China and Korea so the commentary they heard will be in Mandarin. That is even besides the point. The link I clicked had TNT on it. Whoever named it thus could be making an error like the guy who saw Beverley limit RW to 7/27 in game 5 BY HIMSELF, OKC with JUST KD beat Spurs or he could be this guy:

http://bballhaven.com/jvg-and-mark-jackson-shuts-down-israel-gutierrez-over-klay-thompson/

Anyways, Harden's laid back/chilled way of failing his team ain't different from Russell's aggressive style. I won't tire to belabor it.

Here is an analogy I used earlier in describing RW, I would extend it to incorporate Harden now (and I pray it does not pass you by).

Where some others give you less water than you require (thus keeping you thirsty/dehydrated and leaving you with more to be desired) the other guy overgives you the water such that he causes you to drown. It does not matter as both would kill you.

So keep riding on with more pedantic nonsense let reality be eluding you. I already conceded I overstated Nenê's flaws because I got no shawty to impress my niccar. Remind me, Harden was worse than his bench? grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:35pm On May 13, 2017
Eruditor:
I might be cherrypicking things sha but I don't wanna sound too confident. Pop is Pop and albeit, Mike Brown has assisted him before, I would have preferred to have Steve Kerr now playing MENSA-IQ Bball with Pop than Brown. Anyways, after game 2 we would see how long the series will last.
Well,

In my opinion, tactics and coaching matter much when the difference between 2 teams is not that much. By the time the margin is too high, no matter the coaching and the tactics used, it would have limited impact on the board at the end of the game.

GSW has (arguably) the best 5 in history. There is no way these spurs (with a fragile Kawai) will take them more than 2 matches. Just no way. This applies even to the Cavs. No matter the coaching, at some point it is impossible to stop Durant curry Thompson green and even Iggy at the same time, for 3 matches. Unless all of them really really choke.
Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 1:03pm On May 13, 2017
birdman:
Wey skywalker5 btw. Abi ur team no even make playoffs ni?

Chairman, i'm good o.I've not been watching the playoff games at all. Work been very busy which is why i've not been here bro but i read the updates online.My team is crushing the west right now. I should be here during the finals after they GSW deals with Spurs and Lebron comes home to get his bashing.
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 1:12pm On May 13, 2017
Manutd19:

Which team is competing with warriors so far? What is the difference between with what the warriors is doing and the cavs?
You warriors fans here are [b]arrogant[\b] and scared as well.

We even have draymond in this thread who's always saying dead dumb talks.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:17pm On May 13, 2017
Roland17:

The Predators look really really good, it s not even how they swept us, its how they defeated the Ducks. The biggest difference in this team from last year has been the arrival of PK Suban. When i heard the Canadians were trading him for picks, i was confused because he was the best defense-man in the league last year. The Canadians would definitely be biting their tongue.

They look very tough on defense and then there is the wall of China, the indomitable wall of Berlin in goaltender Pekka Rinee. Rinne's size makes it almost impossible for shots see the back of the net, he is the biggest reason we got swept.

The Penguins looked really good, however, Crosby is quite susceptible to concussions, he is playing broken in my opinion, i am convinced he is nursing an upper body injury. The Predators would definitely win or push this to a 7 depending on how much Crosby plays because he would be tortured on the ice with hits. The Preds play really really hard.
They thought P.K was one of the reasons they couldn't get over the hump. It was actually a straight swap for Shea Weber and I'm guessing they thought he would give them instant success. Turns out they were wrong.

The Preds should get past the Ducks (who have no business being in the WCF anyway as they robbed the Oilers blind)

Pekka has been the best goaltender in the playoffs and he reminds me of Jonathan Quick in 2012 for the Kings. They look like a team of destiny

My confidence in the Pens though stems not just from the goaltending but from the fact that the team is not as reliant on Sidney Crosby as it used to be. Small boys like Sheary, Rust, Guentzel can do damage. Bonino, Hornqvist, Kessel, Hagelin are in the middle and then elite guys like Crosby and Malkin. That depth is loud

My only worry is that facing the Jackets and Caps might have taken too much out of them
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 1:32pm On May 13, 2017
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 1:48pm On May 13, 2017
lolawilliams:

We even have draymond in this thread who's always saying dead dumb talks.

Who? I want shots to be fired tongue

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:01pm On May 13, 2017
Bwahahaha. Telemundo analyst is getting all up in his feels because he has been 'outpedanted'

You knew they worked for ESPN but boldly claimed you saw them analyzing on TNT? So you realized humans make errors yet you were cripwalking in your pedantry?
Lewl so it is Chinese, Korean commentary that caused you not to know the difference between ESPN and TNT? Because if not for herd mentality I don't see why you can't tell the difference

Herd mentality is why we have to explain verbatim to rookie that K.D is the difference between last year's OKC and this year's

Save the narrative. Nobody has time for your faux and pseudo intelligent illustrations y long winding megedefegede. A-40 isn't the only one attacking Harden, A-40 is not the one questioning his legacy. Bringing up Westbrook is pointless! His loss was far more respectable. A rookie like you might not appreciate or understand it but I would give you an example. Lebron in 08 vs the Celtics and Lebron in 2010 vs the same Celtics. Both ended in L's but one earned him praise the other not so much

Harden dropped one of the standalone worst and weakest performances ever recorded by a star player in the playoffs. Ever! A performance adjudged even worse than when he broke the playoff T.O record.

You call yourself Erudite on a faceless forum but you aren't trying to impress? Confusion na wa

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:04pm On May 13, 2017
SIRcumalot:
so na all black the Celtics wear go wizard house grincheesy

Isiah say na coincidence.

http://kwese.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19370522/john-wall-washington-wizards-hero-3-rebukes-boston-celtics-funeral-attire
Them be comedians both sets. The people wey suppose dey wear black sef no wear

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:50pm On May 13, 2017
I am really glad Richard Jefferson called draymond green out. I am really tired of his antics and disrespecting players. It's one thing to be a bad ass, it's another thing to just be a plain nuisance.

I don't understand how you question Cleveland opponent's when your team is gladly sweeping the west.

Are we going to sit here and act like the warriors won't sweep the spurs? I mean I know it is poppovich but the spurs don't have LeBron, they don't have a Kyrie Irving. That series will most likely end in a sweep. No disrespect to spurs sha. It's a sweep.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:17pm On May 13, 2017
LOL, it is pedantic garbage because it has no bearing on what is being discussed unlike Beverley forcing 5 TOs and 7/27 out of Westbrook in game 5. Even when it is pointed out to you, you still tie yourself in more torturous strings attempting to press control +S on your DP to save face. I am surprised they did not import Götze-talk from another L in another thread grin

O boy see fodder for Kevin Hart: KD is the reason Kanter, Adams and Roberson were not scrubs only a year before. cheesy But under the leadership of Russell they became one and it is still not Russell's fault? You are making my case for me. LOL

In any case, this ^^^ should qualify as pseudointelligent tommyrot but I won't tell you to save it. Keep spewing it for my entertainment. grin

I do agree with you however that Harden had one of the worst (which means there are others) performances ever by a star player taking only 11shots in an L. Only if he had added 23 more shots to make him lose respectably like the other player who still lost a close game due to dumb heroics.

And since the word for today is "dumb". I wonder what number on a scale of 1-10 we will use to qualify the notion that a lousy moniker on a faceless forum was created for self aggrandizement. That is like saying someone else is trying to be a little don or another person claims to walk in the sky.

But if it helps you lay pipe my niccar, I am not about to put a plumber out of business #BroCode
wink cheesy

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:18pm On May 13, 2017
It would be interesting to see how the Warriors manage this roster, and if they can keep everyone happy with their contracts.

Durant's current contract expires after the 2017/2018 season.

Klay Thompson's expires after 2018/2019 season.

D. Green's expires after 2019/2020 season.

S. Curry would most definitely be signing a longer termed contract over the $200 million range after this season.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 3:39pm On May 13, 2017
I hope none of the warriors go take paycut once their contract is up.
if you want to be this Great Gats pay the prize,e surprise me when I read that draymond and Klay didn't take the full Max.
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 4:08pm On May 13, 2017
Decale:

Who? I want shots to be fired tongue

I believe you know.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 13, 2017
lolawilliams:

I believe you know.
Decale, you want to act like you don't know am the draymond green of this thread? grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 7:09pm On May 13, 2017
Donlittle:
Decale, you want to act like you don't know am the draymond green of this thread? grin

But you just lighted fire on Draymond's äss. Or is it a love hate relationship? grin

Lola, I no know oooo
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:19pm On May 13, 2017
Decale:

But you just lighted fire on Draymond's äss. Or is it a love hate relationship? grin

Lola, I no know oooo
you have never heard the saying, we become what or who we hate grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) ... (2227) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.