Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

13yr Old Nancy Lost Her Parents & Siblings In Madalla Blast - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 13yr Old Nancy Lost Her Parents & Siblings In Madalla Blast (9643 Views)

Boko Haram In Madalla, Abuja?! / We Didn't Bomb Madalla Church - Boko Haram / Christmas Day: Boko Haram Bomb Catholic Church In Madalla (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

13yr Old Nancy Lost Her Parents & Siblings In Madalla Blast by mukina2: 3:25pm On Dec 27, 2011
Will you call it luck, destiny or divine intervention? For Nancy, the decision not to attend the Christmas Day early morning mass is kept her alive. Despite pressure on her by her father and siblings, Nancy, 13, the last of her parents’ three children, declined to go with them for the early morning Mass.

She pleaded with her parents to allow her stay back at home to enable her dress her hair. When it became evident that she was not ready to go with them, her mother, in annoyance, left some money and asked her to prepare food for the Christmas .

Francis and Jennifer Maduka, parents of Nancy, and their two elder daughters left for the church. They did not return.

There was no premonition that death was lurking in the corner. Not even the directive by the Parish Priest, Rev. Father Isaac Achi, that all parishioners should wait for a Christmas gift from “Baby Jesus” after the mass could stop the family from leaving immediately.

Far away from the church, Nancy was preparing to dress her hair when a loud and ear-deafening sound rented the air. Like a wild harmattan fire, the news of the bombings at St. Theresa Catholic Church went round Madalla. Suddenly, Nancy remembered that her parents and sisters were in the church. She dashed to the church to find her parents and two sisters burnt in their car.

Recounting the gory story, Nancy said: “I was not with them. I had to go and do my hair because I was in church throughout yesterday, preparing for the Christmas. So, I was unable to make it to mass, despite the pressure mounted by my father to dress up.

“At about 7:30am, I went to do my hair and from there, I heard some people talking about bomb blast at St. Theresa Church. So, I went to check. As I was about entering the church, and was making enquiry, I saw somebody lying on the ground, dead. I know my dad’s car; everybody in the car was dead. The first person I identified was one of my sisters; she was dried up by the fire from the explosion. I saw my parents in the front seat, and they were all burnt in the car. I lost all; my parents, my sisters. I lost all. I was crying because I can see a bleak future ahead of me. Where do I go from where I am? I was not only confused; I initially felt all hope was lost. The only thing I recalled was that some people came and dragged me away from my father’s burnt car.”

Now living with the Parish Sisters, Nancy is hopeful of a good future. “I don’t know why this happened, but since this is the way the good Lord wants it, let it be. All I know is that all hope is not lost. I strongly believe this is not the end of the world for me. I know God has a plan for me to have spared my life,” she said.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/31225-all-hope-not-lost-says-girl-who-lost-parents-siblings.html
Re: 13yr Old Nancy Lost Her Parents & Siblings In Madalla Blast by Gboliwe: 3:34pm On Dec 27, 2011
Very pathetic. Thank God she has even consoled herself.
May their souls rest in peace.
Re: 13yr Old Nancy Lost Her Parents & Siblings In Madalla Blast by efisher(m): 3:41pm On Dec 27, 2011
Man's inhumanity to man. Terrible.
Re: 13yr Old Nancy Lost Her Parents & Siblings In Madalla Blast by Jarus(m): 3:42pm On Dec 27, 2011
Too bad. Height of wickedness.  Pele, girl.
Re: 13yr Old Nancy Lost Her Parents & Siblings In Madalla Blast by asoebi(m): 3:44pm On Dec 27, 2011
Well there is truly a reason for every thing and am very sure she has a bright future, hence the reason she was spared by God.
My condolence to the girl
Re: 13yr Old Nancy Lost Her Parents & Siblings In Madalla Blast by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 27, 2011
we need some soul searching!
Re: 13yr Old Nancy Lost Her Parents & Siblings In Madalla Blast by Maximip(m): 3:49pm On Dec 27, 2011
No! Nancy, the good Lord can not want it this way. It wasn't meant to happen. cry Now that it has, only him
can console you.
Re: 13yr Old Nancy Lost Her Parents & Siblings In Madalla Blast by chimauga(m): 3:50pm On Dec 27, 2011
The truth is that islam and any other religion dont live together , it happened in pakistan  islam north and indian hindu south, it hapened in isreal, it happened in sudan, and many places now in nigeria , I learnt that it is quran ,
What right do one have to kill
do muslims ask if christians were sucide bombers too with higher tecnology,
I went out today in onitsha near central musque , and i saw muslim freely chanting and going about thier biz, But in their land they will be bombing   may God punish them one by one ,
Re: 13yr Old Nancy Lost Her Parents & Siblings In Madalla Blast by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 27, 2011
sad. but on a lighter note you could say she was saved by the hair.
ok. not funny. sorry
Re: 13yr Old Nancy Lost Her Parents & Siblings In Madalla Blast by otokx(m): 4:07pm On Dec 27, 2011
she thinks that is the way the good lord wants it - shaking my head.
Re: 13yr Old Nancy Lost Her Parents & Siblings In Madalla Blast by ak47mann(m): 4:09pm On Dec 27, 2011
otokx:

she thinks that is the way the good lord wants it - shaking my head.
no justice,how are you sure she said something like that,in a right sense of mind, don't believe everything your read on the paper.
Re: 13yr Old Nancy Lost Her Parents & Siblings In Madalla Blast by moremi2008(m): 4:22pm On Dec 27, 2011
The poor girl's life is in tatters, while Goodluck is laughing, eating bush meat and drinking palm wine at Aso Rock. God in heaven is watching.
Re: 13yr Old Nancy Lost Her Parents & Siblings In Madalla Blast by Mobinga: 4:27pm On Dec 27, 2011
cry
Re: 13yr Old Nancy Lost Her Parents & Siblings In Madalla Blast by juman(m): 4:38pm On Dec 27, 2011
Hmm. The outcome of a destroyed nation.
Re: 13yr Old Nancy Lost Her Parents & Siblings In Madalla Blast by ajanaku2(m): 4:42pm On Dec 27, 2011
I feel your Pains, little Girl. I'm a Thug but I swear, your story brought tears to My Eyes. Your situation has lent more credence and Support to My Atheistic Stance. I still maintain My Belief that there's no God. How can there be a most-powerful, all-knowing, benevolent and kind God and He allowed your Family burn into ashes. A Family who have gone to worship him. Nancy, I wish you the best in your future endeavours. Have a good Life! Be a good girl! And to Boko Haram, what can I say? May your Generations to the Nth term never know Peace. To Goodluck Jonathan, you used to be by Man, but you dey fuc.k up big time. Act up, Man, even if it's gonna demand you going Genocidal! Exterminate these Devils!
Re: 13yr Old Nancy Lost Her Parents & Siblings In Madalla Blast by Mayflowa(m): 4:46pm On Dec 27, 2011
The poor girl's life is in tatters,  while Goodluck is laughing,  eating bush meat and drinking palm wine at Aso Rock. God in heaven is watching.

Please spare me.  This is not about Jonathan. Its about our some sect of our moslim brothers. They have taken their religion far and being intolerant of non-moslim. I bet is going its going to continue. But the teacher of the bad message were sponsored by selfish politician initially. I tell you, Jihad is in the offing. In fact , it has taken root. Spare Jonathan It only got worsen because they thought the no 1 leader is infidel.
Re: 13yr Old Nancy Lost Her Parents & Siblings In Madalla Blast by moremi2008(m): 4:47pm On Dec 27, 2011
Mayflowa:

Please spare me.  This is not about Jonathan. Its about our some sect of our moslim brothers. They have taken their religion far and being intolerant of non-moslim. I bet is going its going to continue. But the teacher of the bad message were sponsored by selfish politician initially. I tell you, Jihad is in the offing. In fact , it has taken root. Spare Jonathan It only got worsen because they thought the no 1 leader is infidel.

Well, what has Ebele Goodluck done since the bombings started? Please, pray tell.
Re: 13yr Old Nancy Lost Her Parents & Siblings In Madalla Blast by gbemijames: 4:47pm On Dec 27, 2011
ak47mann:

no justice,how are you sure she said something like that,in a right sense of mind, don't believe everything your read on the paper.

I believe she did cos she's a CHRISTIAN, unlike the heartless Muslims who do nt knw how to forgive.
Imagine a Muslim telling me sometime ago that they are still angry with ABRAHAM for abandonin Ishmael, imagine?
Its jst so painful finkin aout what dis girl has started goin thru since xmas day, because of some bloody heartless and violent animals claimin to be followers of one kind arab god!mscheeew!!!
Sooo pathetic!!
Re: 13yr Old Nancy Lost Her Parents & Siblings In Madalla Blast by Switup: 4:51pm On Dec 27, 2011
S.P.E.E.C.H.L.E.S.S
Re: 13yr Old Nancy Lost Her Parents & Siblings In Madalla Blast by freecocoa(f): 4:52pm On Dec 27, 2011
I couldn't help shedding tears,what a sad story,may the good lord protect and lead you through it all
Re: 13yr Old Nancy Lost Her Parents & Siblings In Madalla Blast by crackhouse(m): 4:59pm On Dec 27, 2011
Yeah, i saw her on television. It's really sad. And Gej is there talking trash, that we must learn how to live with it. Sad indeed. I think we have to adopt the law of Moses if this is the only thing our so called Gej have to say.
Re: 13yr Old Nancy Lost Her Parents & Siblings In Madalla Blast by Rich4god(m): 5:03pm On Dec 27, 2011
Am pretty sure that if it was a mosque in the southern part of the country that was bombed, the whole of the northern state would have been on fire by now. Realy, i pity the followers of this religion.
Re: 13yr Old Nancy Lost Her Parents & Siblings In Madalla Blast by Ivynwa(f): 5:13pm On Dec 27, 2011
The list of orphans of this "war" has began, this is bad.
God please deliver us from this problem, give us a quiet peaceful solution to this problem.
Re: 13yr Old Nancy Lost Her Parents & Siblings In Madalla Blast by EzeUche(m): 5:14pm On Dec 27, 2011
I am tired of turning the other cheek.  angry
Re: 13yr Old Nancy Lost Her Parents & Siblings In Madalla Blast by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 27, 2011
the religion of peace is always fighting a war, a baseless war.Islam is Evil, nothing good can come out of Islam.Religion of peace my foot, even before Boko haram,this religion bigots have always have one baseless fight or the other.No country will live peacefully with the presence of this religion called Islam
Re: 13yr Old Nancy Lost Her Parents & Siblings In Madalla Blast by librangyps(f): 5:21pm On Dec 27, 2011
OhmyGod! This is really sad, I feel ur pain girl, May u hav a secured future I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ God, Remember his promises of a better life to come and may that be ur consolation, Smh
Re: 13yr Old Nancy Lost Her Parents & Siblings In Madalla Blast by Johnpaul2k2(m): 5:24pm On Dec 27, 2011
50k Soldiers per Core North State angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: 13yr Old Nancy Lost Her Parents & Siblings In Madalla Blast by wewe1(m): 5:43pm On Dec 27, 2011
Sad really really sad
Re: 13yr Old Nancy Lost Her Parents & Siblings In Madalla Blast by Wexelion(m): 5:49pm On Dec 27, 2011
crackhouse:

Yeah, i saw her on television. It's really sad. And Gej is there talking trash, that we must learn how to live with it. Sad indeed. I think we have to adopt the law of Moses if this is the only thing our so called Gej have to say.
i don't blame gej,he has been living with it when his wife is releasing worst than boko haram through english in aso rock
Re: 13yr Old Nancy Lost Her Parents & Siblings In Madalla Blast by foufou: 6:09pm On Dec 27, 2011
Please, where are the prophets in the land? I am baffled that no prophet could foretell the bomb blast so that people like Nancy can stay away! God is still on the throne doing wonders, it is the prophets in this generation that have derailed and distracted by the material possession of this world! But I know that one day, God will raise a David to confront this Goliath called Boko Haram.
Re: 13yr Old Nancy Lost Her Parents & Siblings In Madalla Blast by Challas(m): 6:54pm On Dec 27, 2011
Gboliwe:

Very pathetic. Thank God she has even consoled herself.
May their souls rest in peace.
The Lord is your strength,
Re: 13yr Old Nancy Lost Her Parents & Siblings In Madalla Blast by chinnyonwu(m): 6:55pm On Dec 27, 2011
Desperate winches tryin to put inches between us

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System / Top Ten Poorest State In Nigeria (2015) / Calabar Rally: Tinubu Didn’t Attack Buhari – APC PCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.