Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,737 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:24 PM

Cross River State Goverment To Sue Rick Ross For Breach Of Contract - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Cross River State Goverment To Sue Rick Ross For Breach Of Contract (12643 Views)

Yemi Alade To Sue UK Telecoms Company Lebara Mobile For Using Her Photos / Funke Akindele Threatens To Sue Blogger Linda Ikeji / May-D Set To Sue PSquare For Breach Of Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cross River State Goverment To Sue Rick Ross For Breach Of Contract by bovy: 2:11pm On Dec 28, 2011
Rick Ross

The Cross River State Government has hired lawyers in the United States to sue rapper, Rick Ross, for breach of contract.

The government stated this in a BlackBerry Messenger broadcast on Wednesday morning.

Ross was expected to perform today at the Calabar Festival but failed to turn up for unknown reasons.

The BBM broadcast reads, "‎​Please be informed that Rick Ross has  cancelled his performance at Calabar Festival after accepting full performance fee.

"The rapper, Rick Ross, has issued a statement cancelling his performance at the Calabar Festival, scheduled for December 28, 2011, for reasons not related to his recent surgery and seizures.  "The performer’s cancellation is unexpected and the reasons are unknown to Cross River State since he has confirmed receipt of his entire performance fee many weeks ago.

"Currently, Cross River State and its agents have retained counsel in the United States to pursue their legal and monetary remedies against the artist."

http://www.punchontheweb.com/index.php/news/item/9175-cross-river-to-sue-us-rapper

Re: Cross River State Goverment To Sue Rick Ross For Breach Of Contract by Johnpaul2k2(m): 9:45pm On Dec 28, 2011
why didnt they call BABA SUWE cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Cross River State Goverment To Sue Rick Ross For Breach Of Contract by MissEZ(f): 9:48pm On Dec 28, 2011
I really don't understand how Rick Ross fits into cross river's celebration. We have naija artiste that can deliver, but i guess if it isnt foreign it isnt good enough.
Re: Cross River State Goverment To Sue Rick Ross For Breach Of Contract by hbrednic: 9:51pm On Dec 28, 2011
comedy central tongue
Re: Cross River State Goverment To Sue Rick Ross For Breach Of Contract by tit(f): 9:52pm On Dec 28, 2011
is it the guy that did the pepsi (or is it sprit advert)?
if na the guy, they should free him jooo.
this na him dividend of democracy.
Re: Cross River State Goverment To Sue Rick Ross For Breach Of Contract by onila(f): 10:01pm On Dec 28, 2011
next time they shld invite p square or ice prince. .IDIOTS!
Re: Cross River State Goverment To Sue Rick Ross For Breach Of Contract by gohan: 10:04pm On Dec 28, 2011
that goat called ross has just spoilt my day.
Re: Cross River State Goverment To Sue Rick Ross For Breach Of Contract by Abdullateeflawal(m): 10:08pm On Dec 28, 2011
See wasting of money, Rick Rose at calabar festival, This is senseless. Anyway maybe the guy heard of the latest bombing activities taking place in Nigeria so he decided to use his brain,
Re: Cross River State Goverment To Sue Rick Ross For Breach Of Contract by obowunmi(m): 10:08pm On Dec 28, 2011
Foreign doesn't always mean good.
Re: Cross River State Goverment To Sue Rick Ross For Breach Of Contract by cichella(m): 10:09pm On Dec 28, 2011
F
Re: Cross River State Goverment To Sue Rick Ross For Breach Of Contract by maclatunji: 10:20pm On Dec 28, 2011
That is what you get when you try to control someone who keeps telling you 'I'm the boss'. Next time they should look for somebody that screams 'I'm your messenger'.

You have got to read the United States' travel advice to its citizens about Nigeria, to find out why 'the boss' stayed away from Nigeria after realising that there are some bosses that are bigger than 'the boss'.
Re: Cross River State Goverment To Sue Rick Ross For Breach Of Contract by INAHJOSEP(m): 10:21pm On Dec 28, 2011
Those ofu saying they should have called naija artists, who said they weren't there??
The organisers jst want to blend both local and international music, By the way it aint ya money and cross riverians aren't complaining so STFU!!!!
Re: Cross River State Goverment To Sue Rick Ross For Breach Of Contract by Harzan(m): 10:26pm On Dec 28, 2011
Why cant d Cross River Govt peeps pay Libya a courtesy visit durin dia riots, He should com and U guyz'll b sendin international communities apologies and boko Haram story tinz again! He used his Big Head of course!
Re: Cross River State Goverment To Sue Rick Ross For Breach Of Contract by Nobody: 10:33pm On Dec 28, 2011
He he he. . . "Boss Rozay" hear Boko Haram, him use him head.

But seriously, the guy should at least have the decency to return the money without the state govt having to go to court. Abi "Boss" wan collect him share of national cake?
Re: Cross River State Goverment To Sue Rick Ross For Breach Of Contract by thehomer: 10:34pm On Dec 28, 2011
Maybe he doesn't want to get bombed.
Re: Cross River State Goverment To Sue Rick Ross For Breach Of Contract by mbulela: 10:36pm On Dec 28, 2011
Miss EZ:

I really don't understand how Rick Ross fits into cross river's celebration. We have naija artiste that can deliver, but i guess if it isnt foreign it isnt good enough.
don't mind the senseless idiots!!
Re: Cross River State Goverment To Sue Rick Ross For Breach Of Contract by jason2010(m): 10:40pm On Dec 28, 2011
Abdullateeflawal:

See wasting of money, Rick Rose at calabar festival, This is senseless. Anyway maybe the guy heard of the latest bombing activities taking place in Nigeria so he decided to use his brain,

thehomer:

Maybe he doesn't want to get bombed.

Makes sense to me guys. The nigga probably figured that it is probably better to pay breach of contract damages than being dead
Re: Cross River State Goverment To Sue Rick Ross For Breach Of Contract by otokx(m): 10:40pm On Dec 28, 2011
The fear of boko haram
Re: Cross River State Goverment To Sue Rick Ross For Breach Of Contract by BasseyJ(m): 10:41pm On Dec 28, 2011
You guys should get facts before condeming CRS govt, almost all the big names in Nigeria music industry has been there, today p square, d banj, wizkid and the rest of mo hit are performing. Rick Ross was just to blend foreign with 'local'
Re: Cross River State Goverment To Sue Rick Ross For Breach Of Contract by expert555: 10:41pm On Dec 28, 2011
This is why all these dirty rappers get shot
Re: Cross River State Goverment To Sue Rick Ross For Breach Of Contract by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 28, 2011
oh! Why wud Cross Rivers try to sue 'Officer' Ricky? I wish this happened when the beef between him and Fiddy was hot!
What does he want to come and rap about anyway? His imaginary hard on for drugs pushing he preaches in his song? Shooting guns? Misogyny?
How could they even make a whole cross river state government invite a supposed gangster rap artist to come over for a performance?
What happened to Jay Z? LMaO! Kelly Rowland? RiRi? Chris Brown? Trey Songz? K-West?
Re: Cross River State Goverment To Sue Rick Ross For Breach Of Contract by jaytime(m): 10:44pm On Dec 28, 2011
Miss EZ:

No, it's not like that. Naija artistes always have their turn, then a slot or two is always given to foreign stars for a change of taste.
We shouldnt 4get dat Calabar xmas festival is always a month long thing so there always enough room for as many Naija artistes as possible to perform. I personally say that there is no known Naija musician(especially hip hop) who has never performed at Calabar Xmas festival. I stand to be corrected.
Re: Cross River State Goverment To Sue Rick Ross For Breach Of Contract by lifestyle1(m): 10:44pm On Dec 28, 2011
[size=14pt]He should refund the money or else.   angry[/size]
Re: Cross River State Goverment To Sue Rick Ross For Breach Of Contract by Soocool1(m): 10:48pm On Dec 28, 2011
Rick Ross=> I'm the boss
Boko Haram=>I'm the bomb
Rick Ross=> e be lyk say i no go kum cross river again ooo.
Re: Cross River State Goverment To Sue Rick Ross For Breach Of Contract by eghost247(m): 11:05pm On Dec 28, 2011
[size=15pt]Cross vs Ross[/size]
Re: Cross River State Goverment To Sue Rick Ross For Breach Of Contract by yeballs(m): 11:17pm On Dec 28, 2011
That's my man 305 in my yeyo, he ain't fit this kind of festival,
Re: Cross River State Goverment To Sue Rick Ross For Breach Of Contract by snag: 11:22pm On Dec 28, 2011
Why cant d Cross River Govt peeps pay Libya a courtesy visit durin dia riots, He should com and U guyz'll b sendin international communities apologies and boko Haram story tinz again! He used his Big Head of course!

huh?
Re: Cross River State Goverment To Sue Rick Ross For Breach Of Contract by Ndkings1(m): 11:23pm On Dec 28, 2011
Hav u guys 4goten dat the american govt hav warned its from comin to nigeria?
Ricky the bo$$ i dey fil u.
Re: Cross River State Goverment To Sue Rick Ross For Breach Of Contract by dannyroxnerz(m): 11:26pm On Dec 28, 2011
he didn't come bcuz of bomblast in d country.i dnt blame him sha, we still enjoyed the carnival witout rozay so STFU
Re: Cross River State Goverment To Sue Rick Ross For Breach Of Contract by dannyroxnerz(m): 11:30pm On Dec 28, 2011
he used his big head, datz the shame naija is incurring bcuz of our stinking leaders
Re: Cross River State Goverment To Sue Rick Ross For Breach Of Contract by Siga: 11:30pm On Dec 28, 2011
lol, Joke of the year, the guy was at Miami Vs Boston game last night, enjoying the game, lol, grin
Re: Cross River State Goverment To Sue Rick Ross For Breach Of Contract by Pelumiv(m): 11:31pm On Dec 28, 2011
lol grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jim Iyke Is Virgin Atlantic Ambassador In N23m Deal / Susan Peters Birthday Celebration (Pictures) / PHOTOS: Nigerian Goodwill Ambassador Awards Honours Segun Arinze,halima Abubakar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.