Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,809 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

The Effect Of High Cost Of Petrol On Romance In Nigeria. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Effect Of High Cost Of Petrol On Romance In Nigeria. (11578 Views)

Romance in the bus ..... Guys and their tactics / Negative Effect Of Sleeping With A Prostitute. / Romance In Nigeria Is Impossible (my Experience) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Effect Of High Cost Of Petrol On Romance In Nigeria. by freecocoa(f): 4:02pm On Jan 03, 2012
Blackteeth:

@freecocoa. Your post doesn't make a bit sense at all.
Ok. Lets put it this way, why can't the sellers stop selling so there would be no more buyers? Are the buyers solely responsible for the thrive trade?
for starters,read well before you reply,is there anywhere I wrote that buyers are solely responsible?

I don't expect my post to make sense to you prolly cos you may be one of the biggest buyers around,having said that,let me also ask you,why can't the buyers quit buying so that sellers can be driven out of business?

Take it or leave it,demand is on the high and these sellers are already neck deep into the business,because of this,they are willing to always supply to keep themselves in business,now if the buyers quit demanding,the supply rate will reduce.

If you come to my shop to buy an item,as a good business woman I'll gladly and happily sell to you,but if you don't,I'll not come to your house and force my goods on you because I may not even know your house to start with.
Now let's say I even know your house and bring it to you at home,its up to you to say NO.

Anyhow you look at it,the buyers are the reason why sellers will never stop selling,if the person demanding\buying stops,the producer\supplier will stop producing and supplying.
Re: The Effect Of High Cost Of Petrol On Romance In Nigeria. by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jan 03, 2012
freecocoa:

for starters,read well before you reply,is there anywhere I wrote that buyers are solely responsible?

I don't expect my post to make sense to you prolly cos you may be one of the biggest buyers around,having said that,let me also ask you,why can't the buyers quit buying so that sellers can be driven out of business?

Take it or leave it,demand is on the high and these sellers are already neck deep into the business,because of this,they are willing to always supply to keep themselves in business,now if the buyers quit demanding,the supply rate will reduce.

If you come to my shop to buy an item,as a good business woman I'll gladly and happily sell to you,but if you don't,I'll not come to your house and force my goods on you because I may not even know your house to start with.
Now let's say I even know your house and bring it to you at home,its up to you to say NO.

Anyhow you look at it,the buyers are the reason why sellers will never stop selling,if the person demanding\buying stops,the producer\supplier will stop producing and supplying.

cool cool AMEN!!!!!!!!
Re: The Effect Of High Cost Of Petrol On Romance In Nigeria. by MrsChima1(f): 4:08pm On Jan 03, 2012
jay bee:

GF's and wives should start shouting hallelujah cos chances that 'em playas are going to start staying at home has just gone through the roof. No more meaningless waka about

Slap yourself.   tongue tongue

MRbrownJAY:

Mrs C
we as parent should educate our kids the best we can, but if someone's daughter is a hoe then there is ABSOLUTELY nothing anyone can do about it. a hoe will remain a hoe, whether you dress her like a princess or wife her!

as we can clearly see by the documentary, some of these gals are HAPPILY doing what they do, and are not ashamed to say it on camera!

Many children back in the ancient times were byproducts of female and male whoring and it is the oldest profession in history.  However, a hoe can only sell services mugu johns are willing to buy.  

The point of my previous post was to get people to think outside of the box honestly without accepting the "cookie cutter" mentality.  

It seems to struck a cord when I mentioned "biological daughter" because MEN are quick to call other women hoes (even if they have announced their hoe pride), but quick to defend if it is their daughter, mother, sister, aunt, and female cousin.  

I asked this same question on Facebook and without haste, men responded defensively. So far NOT ONE MALE was[b] honest[/b] to say that PIMPS, JOHNS, AND HOES are the issue. Only the hoes. Interesting.
Re: The Effect Of High Cost Of Petrol On Romance In Nigeria. by jaybee3(m): 4:10pm On Jan 03, 2012
@Mzdark

How do you treat a drug addict or chronic love peddler?
Do you deny them the thing they love or hope/preach that they had get the strength from outter space to quit their bad habbit?

@Q
I see ya
Happy new year
kiss kiss kiss
Re: The Effect Of High Cost Of Petrol On Romance In Nigeria. by Dam001: 4:11pm On Jan 03, 2012
What else can common man in Nigeria of today do. If Najia girls are requesting their boyfriends, Manfriend and Sugardaddies to fill thier tanks anytime they go visiting that means married women will enjoy their husband better than before and the guys will be more responsible.
Shikana.
Re: The Effect Of High Cost Of Petrol On Romance In Nigeria. by MrsChima1(f): 4:17pm On Jan 03, 2012
jay bee:

@Mzdark

Do you deny them the thing they love or hope/preach that they had get the strength from outter space to quit their bad habbit?

@Q
I see ya
Happy new year
kiss kiss kiss

Happy New Year suga. kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: The Effect Of High Cost Of Petrol On Romance In Nigeria. by Knorkastur: 4:20pm On Jan 03, 2012
Re: The Effect Of High Cost Of Petrol On Romance In Nigeria. by sament: 4:28pm On Jan 03, 2012
Fuel Subsidy Removal - Top Picture Jokes: So Funny, You Must see this!
http://isamiso..com/2012/01/fuel-subsidy-pictures-jokes-nigerians.html
Re: The Effect Of High Cost Of Petrol On Romance In Nigeria. by freecocoa(f): 4:31pm On Jan 03, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

cool cool AMEN!!!!!!!!
cool cool And AMEN sis.
Re: The Effect Of High Cost Of Petrol On Romance In Nigeria. by Princek12(m): 5:09pm On Jan 03, 2012
Re: The Effect Of High Cost Of Petrol On Romance In Nigeria. by kilodese(m): 5:11pm On Jan 03, 2012
I can fill your (Ladies only) tank if you want! approach the nuzzle with your rear and you shall be filled!
Re: The Effect Of High Cost Of Petrol On Romance In Nigeria. by Princek12(m): 5:13pm On Jan 03, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

the customer. the customer puts the business in motion. that's common sense.
supply and demand. HELLO?!  grin

The seller sells the product in the first place, and had the seller never sold the product, the buyer would have nothing to buy. The seller consciously and voluntarily avails herself for sale, so do not blame the buyer who is just paying for a service. It is a business transaction. Common sense.

The seller comes out on top because the seller is making the money, right? So why are you complaining about the prostitutes who get paid for doing something they voluntary did?

You cannot blame the buyer for conferring a financial benefit on the seller.
Re: The Effect Of High Cost Of Petrol On Romance In Nigeria. by tlops(m): 5:14pm On Jan 03, 2012
cost of maintaining a girl friend will also sky-rocket?*
Re: The Effect Of High Cost Of Petrol On Romance In Nigeria. by chelseabmw(m): 5:27pm On Jan 03, 2012
this one get as e be oooo. . . .I know this decision taken by the govt is final embarassed
Re: The Effect Of High Cost Of Petrol On Romance In Nigeria. by Mynd44: 5:58pm On Jan 03, 2012
Princek12:

The seller sells the product in the first place, and had the seller never sold the product, the buyer would have nothing to buy. The seller consciously and voluntarily avails herself for sale, so do not blame the buyer who is just paying for a service. It is a business transaction. Common sense.

The seller comes out on top because the seller is making the money, right? So why are you complaining about the LovePeddlers who get paid for doing something they voluntary did?

I don't even know why these girls are taking this personal.
Re: The Effect Of High Cost Of Petrol On Romance In Nigeria. by ehie007(m): 7:29pm On Jan 03, 2012
FUEL SUBSIDY HOMOUR, Ya all voted for d joker called GEJ, enjoy the fruits of these jokes.
Dis is jonathan's way of punishing nigerians for making fun of his wife"
If He puts on AC 4 U in d Car,den He rily loves U
Dnt be shocked if u try 2 burn a thief with fuel and pple start slapping u instead, be wise
Enugu2Lagos by bus nw 17k. some pple can't even come back 4rm village, L'obatan . This is deportation Lagos has been praying for.
next time my girl asks me to take her somewhere expensive, id drive her to the petrol station
BREAKING NEWS: Stolen car found , fuel missing!!!=Dcry >=)
No more burning of thieves. Say yes to drowning or hanging
Date ur neighbour or die trekking
A car was snatched at gunpoint today and the owner was screaming MY FUEL My FUEL
: Host: What do i offer you? Visitor: I'll take fuel, =D.
Nig police set 2 increase bribe rates frm #50 to #141.
Abuja BigBoy spotted Oppressing as He Left His Engine On while Waiting for Girlfriend.
Island BF+Mainland GF=Long Distance Relationship
Hey lady,can I buy you fuel sometime ?
No baby. Your house is too far. think we have to break up
Re: The Effect Of High Cost Of Petrol On Romance In Nigeria. by Blackteeth(m): 12:09am On Jan 04, 2012
freecocoa:

Are the sellers not selling voluntarily? Did anyone force them to sell? Will you sell your two kidneys because their are buyers out there? Don't you chose what to sell and what not to sell? Therefore why can't the ladies in question chose not to sell their bodies?
A BUYER EXISTS WHEN A SELLER HAS VOLUNTARILY CHOSEN TO SELL AN ITEM OF PUBLIC INTEREST.
Re: The Effect Of High Cost Of Petrol On Romance In Nigeria. by Princek12(m): 1:43am On Jan 04, 2012
Blackteeth:

Are the sellers not selling voluntarily? Did anyone force them to sell? Will you sell your two kidneys because their are buyers out there? Don't you chose what to sell and what not to sell? Therefore why can't the ladies in question chose not to sell their bodies?
A BUYER EXISTS WHEN A SELLER HAS VOLUNTARILY CHOSEN TO SELL AN ITEM OF PUBLIC INTEREST.

Abi oooo
Re: The Effect Of High Cost Of Petrol On Romance In Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:01am On Jan 04, 2012
Princek12:

The seller comes out on top because the seller is making the money, right? So why are you complaining about the LovePeddlers who get paid for doing something they voluntary did?

SMH. We are not talking a can of beans and a bag of brown sugar here. Both of which are NECESSITIES, but rather people lining up to buy human flesh and taking part in the breaking down of a human being's worth. No matter how you color this picture with the colors of rainbows, nothing will justify it. I don't care if the wifey won't give you none  grin or you are just that desperate. By purchasing s3x you are guilty and wrong. Even if she is lying on a bed, with legs wide open it doesn't mean it's okay to jump in. But if i think i am making a point to you guys I'd be kidding myself after all. . .

"A man is just a man"
-Garnett Silk.  tongue

jay bee:

@Mzdark

It's all psychological. For some women who do wh0re having s3x is a drug. It's affection to some and a means of validation to others. A lot of these women do not know or have good relationships with their fathers, others are victims of abuse and for all else they are just rebels and victims of their own curiousity (run aways). The most severe cases are: women who feel they have no other purpose in life but to service men s3xually and therefore have no problem lying down on their backs to feed themselves. It's quite sad! So with that said in order to fight psychological issues you have to appeal to their psyche. Understand what bothers them - what makes them do what they do and work on turning that "ON", "OFF!".

If you've ever watched the show "Intervention" you'll know EXACTLY what i am talking about. Not that Dr.Phil shiet  grin but REAL LIFE struggles and the process and patience necessary to get people back on track.
Re: The Effect Of High Cost Of Petrol On Romance In Nigeria. by jaybee3(m): 6:52am On Jan 04, 2012
@msdark
So you are basically saying psychological treatment works better than rehab?
Ok let's try one more scenario, how come medically obese people are treated by stomach stapling instead of asking them to calorie watch once they are addicted to food?
I kinda know we going to continue going back and forth so I am ready for ya yipppeeeeeeee cheesy cheesy
Re: The Effect Of High Cost Of Petrol On Romance In Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:56am On Jan 04, 2012
rehab = psychological treatment bro.  undecided
majority of the '12 step program' IS psychological. Ask mr.cork  grin

but on a serious note, stomach stapling is the equivalent to removing part of someone's lung or harmful particles from the trachea as a result of years of smoking. Those are simply means to cure the PHYSICAL effects of their habits. But had someone reached "inside" and touched them psychologically there would be no need for that. As both eating and smoking are like s3x. . . they serve as stress relief and can be addicting.

Addiction is MENTAL.  cool
Re: The Effect Of High Cost Of Petrol On Romance In Nigeria. by MrsChima1(f): 7:04am On Jan 04, 2012
jay bee:

@msdark
So you are basically saying psychological treatment works better than rehab?
Ok let's try one more scenario, how come medically obese people are treated by stomach stapling instead of asking them to calorie watch once they are addicted to food?
I kinda know we going to continue going back and forth so I am ready for ya yipppeeeeeeee  cheesy cheesy

Medical stuff!  Yipppppee!  Me love it!   grin grin grin grin  (putting on coat and lowers Sir Eric's glasses to tip of nose)

Jaybee, in the world of medicine and business, many doctors are in it for the money so are pharmacists.  If a fat person was to eat carrots and walk 30 minutes a day, doctors and pharmacists will be out of BUSINESS.  

MOST doctors will suggest surgeries or invasive medicine to increase their "income" and forego any ethical and professional morales they may have left of their medulla.  However, Natural doctors or doctors who doesn't use "medicine" to treat their patients would suggest alternative approaches promising the same results.  

Now, I can see the point of psychological help because with issues plaguing the world, professional counseling or therapy IS THE ANSWER.  It allows one to open and accept their illness in order to move on.  If a fat person isn't willing to accept their demons, they will continue going down the path of destruction however, professional therapists are trained and licensed to deal with addictions of any kind as well as psychological issues.  

Psychological illness is an umbrella of any illness associated with mental, emotion, and perception.  Some people would say perception and mental have similar definition however in the medical field, it is mainly how one see themselves with the addiction or drug.  For example, anorexic have a perception of being fat even when they aren't fat.  They will continue exercise, eat carrots, and digest diet pills to "lose" weight.  

Addiction is a very powerful illness and WITH PROFESSIONAL help it can be managed and put to rest.

I know I was a bit long winded but medical stuff just give me a big ORGASM!   tongue
Re: The Effect Of High Cost Of Petrol On Romance In Nigeria. by jaybee3(m): 7:09am On Jan 04, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

rehab = psychological treatment bro.  undecided
majority of the '12 step program' IS psychological. Ask mr.cork  grin

but on a serious note, stomach stapling is the equivalent to removing part of someone's lung or harmful particles from the trachea as a result of years of smoking. Those are simply means to cure the PHYSICAL effects of their habits. But had someone reached "inside" and touched them psychologically there would be no need for that. As both eating and smoking are like s3x. . . they serve as stress relief and can be addicting.

Addiction is MENTAL.  cool
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_happens_in_a_drug_rehabilitation_center

http://www.medicinenet.com/gastric_bypass_surgery/article.htm
Re: The Effect Of High Cost Of Petrol On Romance In Nigeria. by MrsChima1(f): 7:12am On Jan 04, 2012
Quiet Jaybee? tongue grin cheesy wink lipsrsealed
Re: The Effect Of High Cost Of Petrol On Romance In Nigeria. by jaybee3(m): 7:17am On Jan 04, 2012
@Q
I'm not putting down psychological therapy or what not. Just saying it's far fetched when dealing with addiction. You can do all that therapy ish when they are not addicted.
For crying out loud sistas, why do they treat heroine addicts with methadone? Why don't they just get into their psyche and drill into their numbskull that any drug is bad beit recreational or medicinal (side effects)
Re: The Effect Of High Cost Of Petrol On Romance In Nigeria. by jaybee3(m): 7:18am On Jan 04, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

Quiet Jaybee? tongue grin cheesy wink lipsrsealed
I don't know it all so I'm here to be skooled grin grin
Re: The Effect Of High Cost Of Petrol On Romance In Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jan 04, 2012
jay bee:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_happens_in_a_drug_rehabilitation_center

http://www.medicinenet.com/gastric_bypass_surgery/article.htm

As someone who studied psychology i can tell you what they do in modern medicine is ALL about that paper - CHA CHING!! lol. If a child acts up rather than cure their "badassness" the old way with a spanking and lectures, what do they do? declare the child ADD or ADHD and put them on drugs. tongue Sure some drugs MAY work on helping some folks however in most cases? nah. It would seem far fetched because not a lot of people now a days believe in the power of God or the power of the Human mind. There is a lot of power in POSITIVE influence just as there is in negative. How else WOULD someone get addicted in the first place IF they didn't have a mental or emotional void to fill but were taking under the "wrong wings?" same way they got addicted is the same way they can be cured. Again some times putting some folks on "addiction counter drugs" may help but trust me it doesn't always have to go that far.

Now let's talk REAL cures and facts:

before i post the cures lets briefly identify the definition of two important words: stress and addiction.

culled from dictionary.com

-ad·dic·tion   [uh-dik-shuhn] Show IPA
noun
the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice or to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming, as narcotics, to such an extent that its cessation causes severe trauma.

-stress (strɛs)

— n
1. special emphasis or significance attached to something
2. mental, emotional, or physical strain or tension

Now we move on. . .

According to this site there are 7 main things to keep in mind of. All deal with psychological aspects of addiction.

I won't post the entire articles just the main points:

[size=18pt]Overcoming Drug Addiction[/size]
DRUG ABUSE TREATMENT, RECOVERY, AND HELP

http://www.helpguide.org/mental/drug_abuse_addiction_rehab_treatment.htm

Drug addiction treatment and recovery step 1: Decide to make a change

-the way you deal with stress
-who you allow in your life
-what you do in your free time
-how you think about yourself

Drug addiction treatment and recovery step 2: Explore your treatment options

. . .There are many places to turn for help. Not everybody requires medically supervised detox or an extended stint in rehab. The level of care you need depends on your age, drug use history, and other medical or psychiatric conditions. In addition to doctors and psychologists, many clergy members, social workers, and counselors offer addiction treatment services.

As you seek help for drug addiction, it’s also important to get treatment for any other medical or psychological issues you’re experiencing. Your best chance of recovery is through integrated treatment for both the substance abuse problem and the mental health problem. This means getting combined mental health and addiction treatment from the same treatment provider or team.

Drug addiction treatment and recovery step 3: Reach out for support

Don’t try to go it alone. Whatever treatment approach you choose, having a solid support system is essential. The more positive influences you have in your life, the better your chances for recovery. Recovering from drug addiction isn’t easy, but with people you can turn to for encouragement, guidance, and a listening ear, it’s a little less tough.

Drug addiction treatment and recovery step 4: Learn healthy ways to cope with stress

Even once you’ve recovered from drug addiction, you’ll still have to face the problems that led to your drug problems in the first place. Did you start using drugs to numb painful emotions, calm yourself down after an argument, unwind after a bad day, or forget about your problems? After you become sober, the negative feelings that you used to dampen with drugs will resurface. For treatment to be successful, and to remain sober in the long term, you’ll need to resolve these underlying issues as well.

Drug addiction treatment and recovery step 5: Keep triggers and cravings in check
While getting sober from drugs is an important first step, it’s only the beginning of the recovery process. Once sober, the brain needs time to recover and rebuild connections that have changed while addicted. During this time, drug cravings can be intense.

. . .Challenge and change your thoughts. [/b]When experiencing a craving, many people have a tendency to remember only the positive effects of the drug and forget the negative consequences. Therefore, you may find it helpful to remind yourself that you really won’t feel better if you use and that you stand to lose a lot. Sometimes it is helpful to have these benefits and consequences listed on a small card that you keep with you.

[b]Drug addiction treatment and recovery step 6: Build a meaningful drug-free life

You can support your drug treatment and protect yourself from relapse by having activities and interests that provide meaning to your life. It’s important to be involved in things that you enjoy and make you feel needed. When your life is filled with rewarding activities and a sense of purpose, your addiction will lose its appeal.

Drug addiction treatment and recovery step 7: Don’t let relapse keep you down

and here is a quoted message on that same page:

Drug addiction and mental health
Drug addiction frequently goes hand in hand with other mental health problems, including anxiety, depression, attention deficit disorder, and bipolar disorder. In many cases, the drug use is an attempt to self-medicate. When these problems co-occur, recovery depends on treating them both.

Now naturally they will discuss drug treatment options because it is a common practice however the key component in dealing with drug abuse is "attacking" the psychological issues. Even in one of the links you posted it describes how one is admitted to the programs and that person MUST consent. Meaning they can go willingly or get dropped off but they must have it in their MIND to quit. Admitting and acceptance is a KEY player in treatment for drug abuse.

Not sure what the point of the gastric bypass link was for but as i said most people who need it just like drug treatments for drug abuse are those who lack patience or are physically unable to do the hard work due to the harsh effects of their addiction. Gastric bypass as i said is just the easy way of getting rid of the physical effects but it doesn't cure the disease which is over eating (we are not talking about the case of genetics obviously) and again people over eat because of psychological voids. A common misconception is that being forced to eat small portions cure the urge to eat which is not true. without proper mental care people can and have eaten so much after the procedure that it causes the stomach to rupture which has been proven to be fatal.

YOU HAVE TO APPEAL TO THE MIND!! period.
Re: The Effect Of High Cost Of Petrol On Romance In Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jan 04, 2012
Jaybee i responded but was banned by spambot!!  angry angry grin

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=759034;sa=showPosts

d0nde esta mi post?!!   undecided undecided cry cry angry
Re: The Effect Of High Cost Of Petrol On Romance In Nigeria. by jaybee3(m): 3:28pm On Jan 04, 2012
I will notify the Admin/supermod
Re: The Effect Of High Cost Of Petrol On Romance In Nigeria. by MrsChima1(f): 3:29pm On Jan 04, 2012
BelaMorena:

Jaybee i responded but was banned by spambot!!  angry angry grin

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=759034;sa=showPosts

d0nde esta mi post?!!   undecided undecided cry cry angry

Aww.  That ban hurts huh Sis?  grin grin tongue tongue  [size=3pt]Jaybee stanky arse know he saw you.[/size]
Re: The Effect Of High Cost Of Petrol On Romance In Nigeria. by MrsChima1(f): 3:31pm On Jan 04, 2012
jay bee:

@Q
I'm not putting down psychological therapy or what not. Just saying it's far fetched when dealing with addiction. You can do all that therapy ish when they are not addicted.
For crying out loud sistas, why do they treat heroine addicts with methadone? Why don't they just get into their psyche and drill into their numbskull that any drug is bad beit recreational or medicinal (side effects)

You are HARDHEADED! That's why I said if some doctors go the alternative approach, they would be out of BUSINESS. Doctors make tons of dollars by medical referrals by prescribing and advertising drugs to their patients.

Some doctors feel that therapists and counselors are responsible to teach addicts, drugs or harmful activities aren't healthy. If doctors were to add therapy under their belt then "therapists" wouldn't have a job.

Think about it, Jaybee. I know you are old but damn!
Re: The Effect Of High Cost Of Petrol On Romance In Nigeria. by CalienteMi: 3:34pm On Jan 04, 2012
Jaybee!

Why was I spam-banned? Cos I laughed at BelaMorena? undecided undecided undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Dick Is Too Small I’m Ashamed Of Having Sex / silly Questions Ladies Ask When A Man Is About To Have S*x With Them / Beware Of Pastors Matchmaking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.