Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,679 members, 7,955,509 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:53 AM

Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation (115126 Views)

Adams Unaji Is Dead (Occupy Nigeria Activist) / Another Occupy Nigeria Protester Killed In Gasau, Zamfara? / Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by iykak47: 8:57am On Jan 06, 2012
correction.
the word is supplementary. grin grin
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by ratiken(m): 9:11am On Jan 06, 2012
The reasonable thing for GEJ to have done is to eliminate the inefficiencies around PMS Import and subsidy, That alone will save 1 trillion annually which can be re-invested into d power sector. He can take away the subsidy once we have constant power. If only I fuel my car without generating power for domestic and commercial purpose, I won't complain. I think this is the major stand for most Nigerians. GEJ's foolhardy attitude won't help on this, even if d protest fails and doesn't yield d required result , Be assured that this country will disintegrate or become ungovernable under his watch. The frustration cannot be contained over time, u can only ignore d people for a while bt not forever ,
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by muyete(m): 9:17am On Jan 06, 2012
iykak47:

Lets be realistic, the bitter truth is that it wont be easy for the federal government to reverse to 65 naira
because there was no provision in 2012 budget for fuel subsidy and i dont see government presenting supplementay budget for that.
when Goodluck presented 2012 budget to the national assembly i exepected Nigerians expecially the
Labour to raise alarm over the missing of such provision but everybody overlook that, rather threatening to make Nigeria ungovernable.
Does it make sense for labour to tell someone who just returned from his village after xmas and new year celebration to stay at home all in the name of protest,what would he eat by staying at home INDEFINITELY.
In this issue, is labour ''remedy'' not as bad as the sickness ''fuel price increment''?

@Poster,
The budget has not been approved and hence its still subject to amendment. Inherent in an approved budget is the possibility of supplementary budget. Why are you not seing the possibility of the government presenting a supplementary budget? If you care to know, alarm was raised by concerned nigerian when the budget was void of provision of fuel subsiy.
Labour was considerate enough;that was the reason why the strike was delayed for one week in oreder to accomadate those who have travelled for holidays.
What remedy do you now suggest?
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Demdem(m): 9:28am On Jan 06, 2012
iykak47:

Lets be realistic, the bitter truth is that it wont be easy for the federal government to reverse to 65 naira
because there was no provision in 2012 budget for fuel subsidy and i dont see government presenting supplementay budget for that.
when Goodluck presented 2012 budget to the national assembly i exepected Nigerians expecially the
Labour to raise alarm over the missing of such provision but everybody overlook that, rather threatening to make Nigeria ungovernable.
Does it make sense for labour to tell someone who just returned from his village after xmas and new year celebration to stay at home all in the name of protest,what would he eat by staying at home INDEFINITELY.
In this issue, is labour ''remedy'' not as bad as the sickness ''fuel price increment''?

The white man who created the pencil also created an eraser. as at now, 2012 budget hasnt been passed. its currently being debated. we are still operating 2011 budget. by the time the polity becomes much more heated, provisions will be made for it in 2012.
even if nothin of such happens, all for good because gradually its becoming clear to me by the day that there may probably be no subsidy afterall. fast becoming a scam to me.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by mukina2: 9:33am On Jan 06, 2012
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by mukina2: 9:40am On Jan 06, 2012
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by mukina2: 9:42am On Jan 06, 2012
ogundamisi ©Canary!
Flash! Oshogbo is not only occupied, it's a carnival for freedom as market women dance & clap for protesters
https://twitter.com/ogundamisi/status/155201996331302912
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by mukina2: 9:43am On Jan 06, 2012
Road blocked in Ado-Ekiti
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Rich4god(m): 9:45am On Jan 06, 2012
iykak47:

2012 budget is supposed to take effect from march. I dont understand why the govt decided to remove the SUBSIDY while we are still operating on 2011 budget which the fuel subsidy is included. Kant you see that something is fishy here.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Demdem(m): 9:46am On Jan 06, 2012
very Good. today is another day.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by twentycent(m): 9:46am On Jan 06, 2012
FG has failed in being proactive and pragmatic with finding solutions to problems without putting more hardship on the citizenry. If the people in Government where not lazy intellectually, we will not be in these situation at this time. People have been lied to and deceived by manifestos which the sponsorers know in their hearts will never be manifested, Corruption, greed and the likes is the order in the hearts of so called people in Government, with all the stolen wealth, giving the citizens an opportunity to good life is paramount from a leader but its not the case in Nigeria, from my opinion, its just silly stupidity when a leader loots monies without a̶̲̥̅ recourse that one day all the money/wealth will be useless to him. Where is Abacha today? Where is Abiola, Ghadaffi etc today, even with all there wealth? Even if Government can be sincere enough to provide Power for the citizens, it will in turn spur development and self dependence but since 2009 what have we? Failed promises from deceivers who has no business being in Government, there are other avenues to source the needed funds for development without putting the struggling citizens into more hardship if not that our kleptocratic leaders are everly intellectually lazy despite all the certificates, time will tell and i reserve more comments for now,
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Nobody: 9:50am On Jan 06, 2012
Stop talking about budget and start talking about rooting out the corrupt govt and its cronies. Imagine N200million to water gejs garden for 2012. By 2013 it may become N500million
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by mukina2: 9:50am On Jan 06, 2012
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by ovo4u(m): 10:08am On Jan 06, 2012
How about you guys all here recall this statement: I didn't vote for PDP but I voted for Gej. Cos he once walked without shoe those days. IF we all throw away Tribal issues, I'm sure Nigeria won't have be where it is today.[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][/size][/size][/size][/size]
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by ovo4u(m): 10:10am On Jan 06, 2012
How about you guys all here recall this statement: I didn't vote for PDP but I voted for Gej. Cos he once walked without shoe those days. IF we all throw away Tribal issues, I'm sure Nigeria won't have be where it is today.

Pls let us enjoy what you all voted for, am sure that makes you guys wise now for 2015 election to come.[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by DaLover(m): 10:12am On Jan 06, 2012
jason123:

Dalover, I am not "for" or "against" but the word on the street (UK at least and friends back in Nigeria) is that the FG does not want to make the sacrifice while our cost of governance is the highest in the world (each senator earns more than Obama and we have 109 senators).

They feel the FG wants to pass on the budget burden to the masses which will reduce the middle class to the poor class and the poor to be poorer still.

Though, GEJ's decision is necessary, people can't just help but feel that if they do not hang on to this, they have lost everything and its only the political class and cabals that will enjoy Nigeria.

I simply want you guys (Dalover, Point B, Beaf and co) to see it from the other side.

And one last thing, though you have not, please let's not tribalise the issue here. Over 95% of Nigerians can't be wrong. . . .

Jason123,
its not we dont realise that there is no waste and inefficdiency in running the present structure of govt as it is, but 2 wrongs dont make a right, waste from govt + waste from govt participation in downstream sector = very big waste,
This very big waste needs to be removed one way or the other, , now a hugh chunk has been removed by the partial deregulation of the downstream, (partial because the refineries have not been sold yet),
Now the question is, should labour be fighting for free/cheap fuel or for reduced govt expenditure?, its like saying give us free fuel and we will look the other way on your corruption,
I agree with you that we all need to tighten our belts, people will always follow the path of least resistance, the govt, executive and legislature will not want to reduce expenditure except we use this opportunity to put them under pressure, we should say, now that you have asked us to sacrifice, we will go on general strike, if you dont pass a budget that reduced the recurrent expenditue by say 60%,

The attitude is tantamount to bringing the house down on itself, cutting ur nose to spite ur face. It show a lack maturity from people who should be in opposition.
Democrasy works by application of pressure at the right time, demand that GEJ look at the recurrent expenditure of the executive, how can the legisture opperate a figure lees that what obtains now? can we pass laws that limit recurrent expenditure? Do we need/can we afford an upper and lower house of assembly? Can consituitional projects be scraped? Can security votes be scrapped? And a lot more questions, this are question i expect sharp opposition/labour to insist on now that fuel prices have increased, but we find them demanding for free fuel, and i ask when did it become a right to pay less than actual cost for anything?
You are asking people to go on the streets to fights for today and tomorrows meal, why not ask them to use the exact same enegy to fight for generations yet unborn? That is why i refered to the occupy nigeria circus show as a commedy, people who dont know left from right being urged to hit the streets so that condition from unlimikted corruption will thrive, the names or marketters have been released and guess what part of the country most of them are from? Guess where the main protesters are from? Do the math
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by DaLover(m): 10:19am On Jan 06, 2012
ovo4u:

How about you guys all here recall this statement: I didn't vote for PDP but I voted for Gej. Cos he once walked without shoe those days. IF we all throw away Tribal issues, I'm sure Nigeria won't have be where it is today.

Pls let us enjoy what you all voted for, am sure that makes you guys wise now for 2015 election to come.[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
if only u would clear ur head of sentimental issues, you will see that GEJ is one of the best persons to have run this country, ask your self, isnt it easier for him to have continued paying the subsidy and get popular support? Why do u think fashola increased lasu fees, and imposed tolls in his second term?
If you have ever been a leader in any way, even afather of a household, you will reqalise that the best desicion are not always the popular ones,
I dear you to state where GEJ has not pefromed and where somene else cold have done better, and I will take you on point by point.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by omaojo1: 10:24am On Jan 06, 2012
ovo4u:

Are you sure this govt will live to see 2015?

At the rate this protest is going, we'll soon start calling for the head of this govt.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by jpphilips(m): 10:36am On Jan 06, 2012
@ dalover

read this and give me two reasons Nigerians shouldn't be on the streets

How many of you have researched on this subsidy issue before taking a stand?There are more misnomers than facts surrounding this subsidy brouhaha.

First,

the Govt said the economy will collapse, ridiculous indeedsecondly, the Govt said oil importers are a 'cabal', nearly fell off my seat.

Fellow Nigerians, there are no cabals, in 2009 the scarcity of petroleum products became intense and the Govt admitted that Nnpc through its subsidiary PPMC has failed Nigerians by their inability to meet up with the supply of pet. Products and that phenomenon gave rise to licensing of some people to 'assist' the Nnpc in doing their job for which they are paid for.

Please don't forget that hitherto, Nnpc has been doing the importation and refining themselves before corruption eroded their common sense.These importers went abroad and came back with a price Nnpc is already aware of comprising of logistics, storage and administrative costs, these were quantified before they arrived at a price.

The FG now fixed a price tag of 65naira on Pms and agreed to be reimbursing the importers the balance not oblivious of the fact that the landing cost is higher than the stipulated price

To my greatest chagrin, the Jonathan’s administration woke up and termed them 'cabals' who are fleecing the nation.

Assuming Ruben Abiati goes abroad to buy a TM underwear for 1k and decides to sell it 1.5k adding purchase price  plus logistics plus profit and the Govt tells him to sell at 900 naira, wont he ask for the 600naira balance?  When the incompetent NNPC agrees to reimburse him, then he has become a cabal stealing from the GOvt?

Are we this docile? If Nnpc lived up to their responsibility, we won’t have need for the importers in the first place.There is no doubt that the subsidy regime is met with corrupt practices, is it not the responsibility of the govt to clamp down on those malfeasance?

the Governor of central bank confessed during the town hall meeting that he paid subsidy to 15 fake vessels who connived with customs to falsify their papers.
is this not fierce corruption?
and we have a shameless commander in chief? by the way, how many naval officers patrol our waters on tax payers account? efcc,icpc etc

The only solution that came to the minds of this disgruntled PDP administration is to remove subsidy into-to not minding its inflationary consequences.

This is the si1liest approach any human being with brain if they have one can summon.

Thirdly,

Jonathan insulted the intelligence of Nigerians telling us  that we don't benefit from this subsidy except for the importers and he had the unbridled temerity to be advertising it on NTA saying the rich are getting richer.

This people are demons.
When Ruben abiati's mother goes to the market to buy vegetable at a price, does he not know that the seller included cost of transportation to that price?
So when the transporter buys PMS @ 65naira and fixes his price based on that, he says his mother did not benefit from the subsidy that guaranteed the price in the first place?

In a generator driven economy like ours?
It is either Ruben Abiati and his employers are drunks or they think that Nigerians are m0rons.

I feel sorry for people that think that competition will crash the deregulated price erroneously juxtaposing it with GSM.Do you know that the price of crude being the raw material for refined pet. Products are sold at the same price in the whole world?

If you agree to this, then, even if you deregulate and license 5million importers the product will still be expensive because crude itself is expensive. You will still need to subsidize it to 65naira, exactly why deregulation of diesel in part did not work.The only reason you have not bought diesel @ 200naira is because there are so many illegal refineries who bunker crude, settle JTF and refine diesel at a lower price.

This people still pose a great threat to the importers who buy at a higher price that is why you get diesel @ 140naira elsewhere but in the delta i buy as low as 70naira.At this verge you will not over rule the fact that these unscrupulous elements contribute to the availability of diesel, if you are in doubt, anywhere you see cheap diesel, ask the dealer the source of his consignment If he is honest he will tell you the truth, when i was told, i took an hr 20mins boat ride to a remote village in the delta between Belema and Kola communities and i saw the local refinery myself. I will post the pictures later.

Conduct a chemical test on those cheap diesels if you are not convinced and you will realize a lot of additives are missing.Sounds incredible but those are the realities on ground.You now know why many importers in the delta hardly have diesel.

I still feel sorry for those who think the Govt should build more refineries, that will not solve the problem either because there is no cheap crude to supply these refineries.

The oil production of Nigeria stands at 2.37 million barrels of crude daily. Nigeria get this crude in a JV (joint venture) with IOC's (international oil companies) and the Nigeria's cut stand btw 55% to 60% of the lot, if we go by 60% then, that gives a total of 1.4m barrels daily.If we average the crude price from 2009 till date, the price falls close to 100usd/bbl.In that case, Nigeria makes 140,000,000usd daily from this JV.

Nigeria has a policy called DSO (domestic supply obligation) which mandates 250,000bbl/d of this crude to be refined and consumed locally,In monetary terms, the Nigerian govt is giving us 25,000,000usd worth of crude to refine.

Our three refineries at optimum capacity utilizes about 450,000bbl/d which gives 45,000,000usd in monetary terms in other words, the price of raw material in this case, crude, accrued to our refineries comes at 45m usd per day

, if you add refining cost and profit of 6usd per bbl,The total cost becomes 270,000,000usd per day.There is no way you can refine that crude at that price and sell it 65naira/l and make profit.

Meanwhile, once we mark out that 45m usd worth of crude for our refineries (assuming they are working at optimum capacity), the govt has already lost 45m usd from their 140m usd daily earnings (which will affect budget implementation) and after refining will still spend more money to subsidize it to 65naira/l

With this analogy, you will agree with me that if all our refineries are working optimally, the govt will spend 3times our present day subsidy to bring the pump price down to 65naira/l.

So, for those of you clamoring for refineries should be careful what you wish for because there is no cheap crude for you to refine.

I have argued abinitio that the sales of other derivatives of crude will bring down the cost of most sort PMS,DPK etc but after doing some feasibility studies, i realized i was dead wrong.

I further argued that to make cheaper crude available for our refineries, the Govt should reduce the price at which it is supplied unfortunately, the senate mandated the then GMD of Nnpc that the DSO must be sold at international crude price.

This i believe was proposed for the following reasons:

1 the refineries are working below capacity so what the heck does Nnpc use the crude for?

2, there is a benchmark on crude price for budget implementation.With these reasons, any existing or yet to exist refinery in Nigeria will get crude at a high price and must need subsidy to sell at 65naira/l, at this cross road, the then GMD of Nnpc decided that all crude should be exported and subsidy be paid on imported products.

At this verge, i must reiterate here that competition amongst importers will only crash the profit margin but not cost price.Even if every Nigerian becomes an importer of pet. Prods, we can never change the fact that crude in the int l market is already expensive before thinking of refined prod. So we must need subsidy to make profit.

Before this issue of subsidizing petroleum products can be addressed,You must have the following at the back of your minds:

1, Nigeria pegs a benchmark on crude prices to enable it implement budget. This stands at 75usd/bbl. And this crude is sort from the JV

.2, if crude price exceed the benchmark above, Nigeria makes excess crude revenue (ECR)3, conversely, if we make excess crude revenue, the price of subsidy on refined products shoot up.With the above analogy,

One can argue that the ECR be used to subsidize imported petroleum products since both are a function of each other unfortunately in Nigeria, it comes with its own challenges.

By law, the constitution clearly states that all revenue accrued to the FG be shared amongst the three tiers of Govt.This alone makes it illegal for the FG to keep the ECR to itself for whatever reason.

This is where the wahala started, during GEJ's campaign, he astronomically increased workers salary without consulting the state Governors,most Governors have refused to pay on the grounds that they cannot afford it.

On that grounds Taraba, jigawa and some other states have a genuine case.With the above development, the states started scrambling for funds and remembered the ECR and insisted it must be shared to enable them pay the new wage and develop infrastructures.

you now understand why all state governors are for subsidy removal including the literally "one of us" comrade Adams oshiomole, because they know it will be shared just like the ECR

The way forward:

In the short run:

While the FG is consulting, they must consider these options,

1,  identify and tackle the corruption prevalent in the subsidy regime. That will push down the cost of the subsidy in the first place.Like i said in April, no matter how sincere GEJ think his administration is, he cannot make any reasonable progress in the face of corruption,

2, the power projects must come upstream before removing subsidy, this will reduce the demand on pet. Products to a very great extent.

3, Nigeria must accommodate Gas export, port duties and other forms of revenue in their budget implementation policies.

4,  Govt must never invest an extra kobo in our moribund refineries, by doing otherwise, the cost price of the refineries will rise to an extent that it will no longer be attractive to investors or will prolong their repayment plan.Thereby making it very capital intensive.

5, Instead of deceiving Nigerians with their cabal bullshit and deluding them that they don't benefit from this subsidy, the FG should channel that propaganda with intense lobbying to the senate,NLC and civil society organizations to stop the state governors from demanding for the ECR, this can be achieved by the FG asking the state to pay whatever increment they can afford for the workers that way the ECR will be used for subsidizing pet. Products.

In the long run:

Nigeria must seek local production capacity.It is no longer news that Nnpc and its subsidiaries have failed woefully in meeting the needs of the Nigerian people.

Nnpc through its subsidiaries Npdc and Ngc are saddled with the responsibility of the above for oil and gas production respectively, but as i write, the current production of NPDC stands at a paltry 90,000bbl/day which is a huge failure for an agency set up 23yrs ago,

The IOC's has made us believe that it will cost less than 12usd to extract 1bbl of our oil. The Management of NPDC must be reshuffled and if possible experts brought in on contract basis to improve NPDC's production.These experts must be placed on targets appraised by milestones. in ogoni land for instance, Anglo dutch has a lot of abandoned production facilities and marginal wells and others scattered all over the country, these can be bought by NPDC with the money FG want to waste on refineries to improve production,

If NPDC can extract oil at 12usd/bbl and make a little profit, with this cheap oil available, Nigeria will have no reason going to the JV.

This cheap crude will attract investors to build refineries and create jobs, A 250,000bbl/d refinery will cost a little above 5b usd, dangote alone can afford two of those only if NPDC can guarantee cheap oil. This is why no investor is coming to build refineries.

A crude price of 18usd/bbl from NPDC will guarantee pump price of less than 22naira per litre of pms from these refineries.With this plan,By the end of this Administration, NPDC will have robust production capacity and the refineries will guarantee steady refined products.

These refineries shouldn't be operated by the Govt for any reason.The FG will generate revenue from both ends, export of crude and export refined products and the production of NPDC must be increasing periodically.

this is necessary because Nigeria as a member of OPEC has a limit to crude export but we can earn more revenue from petroleum products export.

Once the above takes effect, there won’t be any need to be paying subsidy because pump price will be around 23naira/l and inflation will reduce by 40‰.

Now, how competent is Allison Madueke and iweala if they can’t figure this out?

To think of removing subsidy at this stage where there is no electricity and high corruption rate will be tantamount to economic suicide.

Please if the both of you want a trial and error approach to economic solutions please try the next country or preferably Haiti.

What iweala forgot is that in the face of inflation, the cost of running Govt projects will be high, All Govt contractors will definitely come back for contract variations or Abandon those projects.

As a sound economist, she should tell Nigerians the value of 1.3 trillion naira ( she intends to save on subsidy removal) in the face of 60% inflation and how many projects Nigerians will benefit from the subsidy removal.If you remove subsidy and the money disappears, then it is a NO NO for Nigerians.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by DaLover(m): 10:49am On Jan 06, 2012
people come here and say all sorts of rubish, they want GEJ to achieve what presidents of countries far richer and advanced than nigeria have not even achieved,

we are all konw how countries like UK, USA and isreal have been battling fundamentalit terrorism for decades, with no end in sight but GEJ is expected to solve the nigerian one in months, if not weeks. He should arrest buhari and atiku because of what they said, arrest top nortgern .?politicians because they are keeping quiet, use intelligence agencies to infiltrate boko haram and paste the progress reports on newspapers so we can appreciate what security agents afre doing,

USA with all its sofistication and wealth cannot adequate police its borders with mexico, all sorts of smuggling take place, human, drugs etc, but under 2 years GEJ should have produced to top notch customs agency, sealed nigeria border with 4 neigbouring countries, and expect them to fully resist the spoils from the over 200% profit associated with smuggling of pms products.

from 1999 to 2010 Obj the hard man tortured us with regul.ar fuel scacity, he wasnt bold enuf to take the bold step GEJ has taken, yet we cant appreciate, with 200bn allocated before GEJ cmae to power we experienced regular fuel shortages, to keep thecountry wet with fuel GEJ found that it cost 1.3tln

i begin to wonder if where he from has any input into these unintelligent attcks on his person, especially from those in the SW, going tothe extent of insulting his race by calling him a drunking fisherman . Well enuf said about that,

I personnaly would scord GEJ 60%, mainly becuase he not moving fast enuf to get govt out of running businesses
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by aagarba05(m): 11:17am On Jan 06, 2012
Serious awareness programmes are still on in my area; people are just keenly warming up. Keep on!
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by temmytanny(m): 11:22am On Jan 06, 2012
demonstration on going in benin.akpapava and ikpoba hill area
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by temmytanny(m): 11:29am On Jan 06, 2012
pls pls ,serious riot here ooooooo
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by jmoore(m): 11:32am On Jan 06, 2012
Aba no follow for occupy Nigeria.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by temmytanny(m): 11:33am On Jan 06, 2012
the whole of akpapava is blocked
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by mamatino99: 11:39am On Jan 06, 2012
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation
« #394 on: Today at 09:46:38 AM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why do we have to allways talk about fuel problem, the government did this and that when we know were our problem is coming from.The problem we have in nigeria is not and never the present government in power that cu-st it.what ever that is going on today is geneses of the past government the (hausa fulani) leadership that bruth this problem upon us,this people don't believe that they are nigerians in the first place. They believed that there place is in arabian country's such as saudi or mecca, if not tell me how can anybody in his right seance's could be swindling the people that you called your brother and sisters money away to other contries to develop there citys and towns when your birthplace is dieing in porverty.Tell me as a trough muslim that they clame to be with honesty they say they have in them and that there ways is upright before (God allah) and man, that a man with this statue will be in power and open his eyes and still almost all the money that is meant for his those he called his brothers and sisters not only that he has taking the money from them but he take all this money away to other country's developing there economy why his people die in poverty.is very unfair that this people are still with us in that land call nigeria,if i were gej the best thing is to give all this people amnesty to return all the money that they took from nigerians back to nigeria wedding three month or face the music. atlist 70per-cent of this money and the remeaning 30 per-cent with them is to be invested in nigerian if they fall to do so all of them will be killed by firing squad .please nigerians should take heart and pray hard for there future and hope in God.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by y2kaustin(m): 11:41am On Jan 06, 2012
The Prove Him wrong undecided
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by ratiken(m): 11:43am On Jan 06, 2012
Beaf, Dalover, LeoMax , No matter how much u try, u can never silence the voice of reason. The wind of change is gathering momentum will consume both you and the sponsors of ur propaganda. If u think u r being successful with ur cheap propaganda, just provide a name and contact of yours and I'll comfortably number ur days. Don't underestimate the force of a people under distress.
Even if your propaganda is sellable, d actual masses who don't have access to these forum and are uneducated are already stretched. With the help of GEJ, we exceeded d limit on new years day, expect a reaction
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by WafiJoe(m): 11:43am On Jan 06, 2012
There have been heavy grumbling in Warri but due to heavily armed JTF alot of people were not ready to come out and protest. But it seems the time of staying indoors in Warri is coming to an end. Expect more,

Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by sugardaddy1(m): 11:50am On Jan 06, 2012
Chei, Warri don carry last for this one ooo! See how scanty the demonstrators are. Abeg, na Edo be the real Bendel o jare  grin grin grin
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by jpphilips(m): 11:54am On Jan 06, 2012
@ dalover

you still dont get it, Nigerians are angry because jonathan has OPTIONS.
people sympathise with you when you have exhausted your limit.

you mentioned the US, yes they are doing all that is necessary and that is why they still get the support of the people who make different forms of sacrifice to tackle the terrorism scourge.

believe me a plethora of US citizens are willing to enrol in the military because their govt is on the right track

yes, the US citizens have made their own sacrifices by embracing the PATRIOT ACT for a civillized people whose democracy is built on equal rights and freedom, that is the biggest sacrifice any Govt can ask for and the govt remained grateful for that sacrifice.

today their Govt has killed bin ladden after so many success stories over the years and that is justice for the 3million citizens that lost loved ones on 9/11.

let me make it clear to you that this govt has not done any single thing whatsoever to demand this atrocity they are meting on us.

I have a deal for iweala.

fight corruption in the subsidy regime and bring it down to 300billion for this year.

let the management of Npdc have a target of 150,000bbl/d by dec 2012.

on january 2013 subsidy will go by 50%

and by dec 2013 Npdc should guarantee 200,000bbl/d on

1st january 2014 subsidy must go 100%.

with or without the refineries on ground, then if im sacrificing I will know it has a limit pending when refineries that will utilize the cheap oil on ground arrives.

tell me what im sacrifising for today? eternal slavery?

I and my generations cannot and will not sacrifice for Govt's incompetence.

now, if you dont mind, I have placards to paint
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by WafiJoe(m): 11:55am On Jan 06, 2012
@Sugar Daddy,
No be so, we go still come out fully. Guns, Checkpoint, JTF, Army, Police, dem too many for here. For you to see up to 7 poles wen check point noh dey hard oh.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (34) (Reply)

2019 Election Will Hold After 6 Days. I See Postponement / 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion / 28+ Funny Photos Of Jonathan Vs Buhari Presidential Battle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.