Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,222 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation (114432 Views)

Adams Unaji Is Dead (Occupy Nigeria Activist) / Another Occupy Nigeria Protester Killed In Gasau, Zamfara? / Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Fhemmmy: 7:28pm On Jan 05, 2012
Nice to see that Nigerians are now rising up in Anger
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by karlmax2: 7:30pm On Jan 05, 2012
mo_Tier1:
Quote from: Donalds N on Today at 06:59:16 PM

20% of the buses will be source from domestic producers according to info minister. MDAs have been directed to pay january salary by 20th and probably february will follow suit. Those of u dat wil never listen to voice of reason but rather open dia mouth to voice out dia paucity of acute sagacity, i said d 1600 buses are just for a START! According to my guy Labran, by february, there would have been enough to cushion d effect on d transport sector. More palliatives still coming. Pls don't be insultive when commenting here. Lets be matured while proving our points

20% of 1600 is how many? A paltry number of 320! You mean FG will be importing a whooping 1280busses from another country and you call that 'Pallative' measures?

Look as for the salary, We KNOW the Federal Government does not have the CAPACITY to pay salaries middle of the month! Why, most Salaries are now done through BACs, and these are fixed systems that require substantial paper work and electronic software adjustment, hence the reason when an employee salary is adjusted wrongly, they usually get the employee paid either in cash or in subsequent BACs transfer!

So dude,  not all Nigerians can be fooled!

Let me also tell you this,  these buses to be brought in, however the number, will not run on water,  okay. They will run on diesel, which will be bought at prevailing market rates of N145, how then will the FG get the buses to charge less per person on any given mileage of transportation? Wouldnt that be a delibrate distortion of local prices?, Or are you going to tell me that these buses will carry Nigeria for free?, Who pays then?,  the FG?,  ha ha,  more SCAM on the way!
Boy, Nigerians are more wiser than your puppet government seems to think!

They have said that they want the poor to enjoy the subsidy instead of petroleum marketers. They have said that the fare would be subsidized instead of my country subsidizing fuel for chad,niger,benin and cameroun, Ʊ people should also prepare for another occupy nigeria cos no more fertilizer subsidy too
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by OmoTier1(m): 7:55pm On Jan 05, 2012
karl max:

mo_Tier1:
Quote from: Donalds N on Today at 06:59:16 PM

20% of the buses will be source from domestic producers according to info minister. MDAs have been directed to pay january salary by 20th and probably february will follow suit. Those of u dat wil never listen to voice of reason but rather open dia mouth to voice out dia paucity of acute sagacity, i said d 1600 buses are just for a START! According to my guy Labran, by february, there would have been enough to cushion d effect on d transport sector. More palliatives still coming. Pls don't be insultive when commenting here. Lets be matured while proving our points

20% of 1600 is how many? A paltry number of 320! You mean FG will be importing a whooping 1280busses from another country and you call that 'Pallative' measures?

Look as for the salary, We KNOW the Federal Government does not have the CAPACITY to pay salaries middle of the month! Why, most Salaries are now done through BACs, and these are fixed systems that require substantial paper work and electronic software adjustment, hence the reason when an employee salary is adjusted wrongly, they usually get the employee paid either in cash or in subsequent BACs transfer!

So dude,  not all Nigerians can be fooled!

Let me also tell you this,  these buses to be brought in, however the number, will not run on water,  okay. They will run on diesel, which will be bought at prevailing market rates of N145, how then will the FG get the buses to charge less per person on any given mileage of transportation? Wouldnt that be a delibrate distortion of local prices?, Or are you going to tell me that these buses will carry Nigeria for free?, Who pays then?,  the FG?,  ha ha,  more SCAM on the way!
Boy, Nigerians are more wiser than your puppet government seems to think!

They have said that they want the poor to enjoy the subsidy instead of petroleum marketers. They have said that the fare would be subsidized instead of my country subsidizing fuel for chad,niger,benin and cameroun,  Ʊ people should also prepare for another occupy nigeria cos no more fertilizer subsidy too
Look, somehow I think you need your head examined! This is not subsidy, this is ST. UPIDITY! How many villages will 1600 buses serve? London alone has over 6,800 Buses with a Population of 6m!

Subsidizing Fares on FG Buses,  oh dear,  will the buses operate in the villages? Where are the roads the buses will operate on?,  With the bad roads, in 9month's time, we will be talking about the importation of another 1600 buses or more,  another SCAM !!
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by karlmax2: 8:08pm On Jan 05, 2012
Look, somehow I think you need your head examined! This is not subsidy, this is ST. UPIDITY! How many villages will 1600 buses serve? London alone has over 6,800 Buses with a Population of 6m!

Subsidizing Fares on FG Buses,  oh dear,  will the buses operate in the villages? Where are the roads the buses will operate on?,  With the bad roads, in 9month's time, we will be talking about the importation of another 1600 buses or more,  another SCAM !!

mr mumu teir or omo teir, Ʊ need to have ur brain examined so because I don't accept ur veiw warrants me to have my brain checked, When fuel was N65 how much did Ʊ think they sold it in those villages ur making a case for?, have Ʊ ever asked urself why our subsidized kerosene DPK are neva available for those village people ur making a case for? Stop protesting on the comfort of bbm or laptop go and occupy somewhere in ur area internet activist
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Demdem(m): 8:10pm On Jan 05, 2012
Donalds N:

We know ur type and its obvious to me that u arent far from the corridors of power. when we are through achieving our aim to restore prices of fuel to status quo, corrupt peeps like u are next. i will advise you to commence ur exit plans from this country immediately. who will ever think that Nigerians wont even wait for the NLC before expressing their mind. Dont u get it? the vast majority of the population says NO, who exactly is the goverment working for. This is a new Nigeria no doubt.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by sniperwolf(m): 8:21pm On Jan 05, 2012
People are getting tired
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by OmoTier1(m): 8:21pm On Jan 05, 2012
karl max:

mr mumu teir or omo teir, Ʊ need to have your brain examined so because I don't accept your veiw warrants me to have my brain checked,  When fuel was N65 how much did Ʊ think they sold it in those villages your making a case for?, have Ʊ ever asked urself why our subsidized kerosene DPK are neva available for those village people your making a case for? Stop protesting on the comfort of bbm or laptop go and occupy somewhere in your area internet activist
Exactly why I said you really need your head examined!,  If you can not fathom that the huge price variaiton between cities, towns and villages is because the FG is not doing her work! Why would I agree with you to buy something cheap and sell cheap to my people, and you go in the back, stab me and sell x3 and I have a heat sinker,  with the law backing me,  and I would not sink you

FYI, protest to grace London tomorrow,   COWARD!
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by OmoTier1(m): 8:22pm On Jan 05, 2012
sniperwolf:

People are getting tired
Propaganda wont do this time around!, Did you see the protest today?, are they really getting tired like you claim
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by bettes(f): 9:17pm On Jan 05, 2012
@omo-tier 1 nobody's tired,this fight we will win #occupynigeria
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by PointB: 10:13pm On Jan 05, 2012
Evidently, zones with higher percentage of 'poor masses' are taking the lead in the protest. Carry on pawns!
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by OmoTier1(m): 10:27pm On Jan 05, 2012
PointB:

Evidently, zones with higher percentage of 'poor masses' are taking the lead in the protest. Carry on pawns!
The last time I checked, SW including Edo were still top of the states that have low level of poverty in Nigeria,  Kano is one of the top economic states in Nigeria,  so what is your point
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by DaLover(m): 10:38pm On Jan 05, 2012
this occupy nigeria thing has got to be one of the greatest jokes of the century, i have been laughing at these clowns since morning, but wait first, what are people suppose to be fighting for? Is it the right to subsidized fuel? Please when did people anywhere in the world assume the right to have things cheaper than actual value?
the names of the marketers and importers where released recently, maybe you can go and occupy their houses, afterall they all have houses in lagos,
People just want the govt to hand out free stuff and in excange the masses will look the other way when govt is corrupt? Scratch my back, i scratch yours.

Fighting for freebies wont get you anywhere, fighting to reduce govt overhead drastically might be a good place to start, but i guess henger and poverty will not allow us reason that far
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by bettes(f): 10:44pm On Jan 05, 2012
@dalover we got your attention didn't we? So laugh all you like,we'll soon join you to laugh,a laugh of victory.
@better people #occupynigeria
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by PointB: 10:59pm On Jan 05, 2012
@Omo_tier, perhaps you should check again. You might have been looking at obsolete data.

At any rate, apart from those paid to mobilize the crowd, most protest are often filled by jobless poor miscreants. If you happen to be at any of the protest sites, look around you.

This should give you a better statistic of where the majority of 'poor masses' are concentrated. At any rate, poor people have the right to protest even if they are unwittly being used and dumped by those who are much better off. Such is life in any case. The rich will always fvck the poor.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by DaLover(m): 11:01pm On Jan 05, 2012
bettes:

@dalover we got your attention didn't we? So laugh all you like,we'll soon join you to laugh,a laugh of victory.
@better people #occupynigeria
yes you got my atttention, the same way a naked mad man dancing aimlessly in the market place gets the attention of passers by.
What give you the right to cheaper pms? Tell me?
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by aljharem(m): 11:03pm On Jan 05, 2012
PointB:

@Omo_tier, perhaps you should check again. You might have been looking at obsolete data.

At any rate, apart from those paid to mobilize the crowd, most protest are often filled[b] by jobless poor miscreants. If you happen to be at any of the protest sites, look around you.[/b]

And who's fault is that since they are jobless miscreants. The people or the government. Some of you sit ur butt in america and Uk and be calling us all sort of names. Hmmmmm

Nigerians are watching
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by aljharem(m): 11:03pm On Jan 05, 2012
DaLover:

this occupy nigeria thing has got to be one of the greatest jokes of the century, i have been laughing at these clowns since morning, but wait first, what are people suppose to be fighting for? Is it the right to subsidized fuel? Please when did people anywhere in the world assume the right to have things cheaper than actual value?
the names of the marketers and importers where released recently, maybe you can go and occupy their houses, afterall they all have houses in lagos,
People just want the govt to hand out free stuff and in excange the masses will look the other way when govt is corrupt? Scratch my back, i scratch yours.

Fighting for freebies wont get you anywhere, fighting to reduce govt overhead drastically might be a good place to start, but i guess henger and poverty will not allow us reason that far

You are laughing at people crying and dying ? hmmmm

na wa ooo
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by PointB: 11:10pm On Jan 05, 2012
@Alh haram
what sort of job can you offer to an almajiri? I mean other than directing them to bomb worshippers in churches and pick pockets at protest grounds? What other job can you offer such people?

keep blaming government for your woes, as if it is government that brought your miserably self to this world.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by PointB: 11:10pm On Jan 05, 2012
@Alh haram
what sort of job can you offer to an almajiri? I mean other than directing them to bomb worshippers in churches and pick pockets at protest grounds? What other job can you offer such people?

keep blaming government for your woes, as if it is government that brought your miserably self to this world.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by bettes(f): 11:16pm On Jan 05, 2012
@alj harem ignore the fool,he's looking for cheap attention on nairaland,don't give him the type of your day. Right now are people in benin are following the lead of the protesters in kano and are spending night out,tomorrow PH joins then #occupynigeria.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by rashmo: 11:20pm On Jan 05, 2012
Now available for sale in different sizes
-Bicycle

-camel

-horse

-donkey

we can also train and equip ur dog,goat,ram etc to carry u around. they all don't ever use fuel or gas.

Visit us at our office,

No1, Oil Sudsidy Road,

Alison Madueke Juntion,

Goodluck Close.

Off Okonjo-Iweala Street.

By Labaran maku avenue,

Sanusi Lamido District Area,

Abuja Or call 080-ABUJA-GEJ,

Welcome to the year of transformation and fresh air!
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by DaLover(m): 11:23pm On Jan 05, 2012
alj harem:

You are laughing at people crying and dying ? hmmmm

na wa ooo
citizens of poorer countries pay more than 140naira per leter and they havent died, i am actually laughing at a decieved people who have been fooled into fighting for today porriage while forgetting about the future.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by PointB: 11:30pm On Jan 05, 2012
@Dalover, abeg don't mind them! Grown up men fighting for free fuel when there are other far more cogent reason for protest.

lazy layabout protesters!
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by jason123: 11:36pm On Jan 05, 2012
DaLover:

Dalover, I am not "for" or "against" but the word on the street (UK at least and friends back in Nigeria) is that the FG does not want to make the sacrifice while our cost of governance is the highest in the world (each senator earns more than Obama and we have 109 senators).

They feel the FG wants to pass on the budget burden to the masses which will reduce the middle class to the poor class and the poor to be poorer still.

Though, GEJ's decision is necessary, people can't just help but feel that if they do not hang on to this, they have lost everything and its only the political class and cabals that will enjoy Nigeria.

I simply want you guys (Dalover, Point B, Beaf and co) to see it from the other side.

And one last thing, though you have not, please let's not tribalise the issue here. Over 95% of Nigerians can't be wrong. . . .
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by PointB: 11:42pm On Jan 05, 2012
^^^^
And where exactly did you get the 95% you are selling? From all evidence so far, the protest is sectional.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by jason123: 11:49pm On Jan 05, 2012
PointB:

^^^^
And where exactly did you get the 95% you are selling? From all evidence so far, the protest is sectional.

Exactly what I warned against.

Okay, The NW, NE, SW, SS (Edo) and NC are sectional, isn't it? undecided

Happy new year!!!
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by PointB: 11:53pm On Jan 05, 2012
^^^
Yes they are! Happy new year too!
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by mystics(m): 12:13am On Jan 06, 2012
Goodluck should have known better. Nigerians refuse to be fooled this time.

‘‘This is a popular protest against an unpopular policy of the Federal Government of Nigeria.” – Barr. Omale Omale
“…we must stick to the plan. If you arrive here and you’re alone by 10:00 tomorrow, take the lead for the planned action must go on”. – ASUU Chairman, University of Agriculture Makurdi
“After committing the crime of incompetence, it is the Nigeria people who now have to pay for the si, ns of her leaders. Are we they ones who say our refineries should not work, why should we be the ones to bear the burden of their incompetence’’? –Comrade Ralph Amokaha, ASUU Chair, Benue State Univesity
“…Now is not the time for speeches, I have met with the leadership of the workers union I can assure you that by tomorrow, workers will be here” -Comrade Kwaghmande
“History will write our names in Gold, we would be remembered for this good deed to reclaim our country” – Immediate Past President, Nigerian Youth Council, Benue State Chapter
“The same language that was used to justify clearing the Paris Club Debt is the same language they are using today. They said the monies used to service the debts will be channeled to build critical infrastructure. How many of those infrastructures have they built? Who says the savings made from a subsidy we are not sure exist will not find its way into private pockets again? –Franc Utoo
All is set and ready for the occupy Nigeria –Benue protest schedule to hold in Makurdi at 10:00am. We would again take to the street to say we reject in totality the withdrawal of fuel subsidy, it is an unpopular policy and it seeks no good for the generality of the Nigeria people.
We converge at Woodland Park by 8:00am for a take off at 10:00. Please eat a meal, come with a white handkerchief. Water will be provided at certain points during the protest. Arrangements are also being made to have medics on ground. Spread the word.
The struggle continues….
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by OmoTier1(m): 12:14am On Jan 06, 2012
PointB:

^^^
Yes they are! Happy new year too!
When a man lives in denial, He becomes himself deluded to realities around him!
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by iykak47: 4:46am On Jan 06, 2012
Lets be realistic, the bitter truth is that it wont be easy for the federal government to reverse to 65 naira
because there was no provision in 2012 budget for fuel subsidy and i dont see government presenting supplementay budget for that.
when Goodluck presented 2012 budget to the national assembly i exepected Nigerians expecially the
Labour to raise alarm over the missing of such provision but everybody overlook that, rather threatening to make Nigeria ungovernable.
Does it make sense for labour to tell someone who just returned from his village after xmas and new year celebration to stay at home all in the name of protest,what would he eat by staying at home INDEFINITELY.
In this issue, is labour ''remedy'' not as bad as the sickness ''fuel price increment''?
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by akhis: 5:20am On Jan 06, 2012
iykak47:

Lets be realistic, the bitter truth is that it wont be easy for the federal government to reverse to 65 naira
because there was no provision in 2012 budget for fuel subsidy and i dont see government presenting supplementay budget for that.
when Goodluck presented 2012 budget to the national assembly i exepected Nigerians expecially the
Labour to raise alarm over the missing of such provision but everybody overlook that, rather threatening to make Nigeria ungovernable.
Does it make sense for labour to tell someone who just returned from his village after xmas and new year celebration to stay at home all in the name of protest,what would he eat by staying at home INDEFINITELY.
In this issue, is labour ''remedy'' not as bad as the sickness ''fuel price increment''?

@Iykak47. You seems to be missing the point here. Have you ever asked yourself the amount that was budgeted for fuel subsidy in the last budget and how much was eventually spent? Have you also asked your self where the govt will realise the 1.13tn by the end of the year bearing in mind it was not in the budget? These are the few questions you should find answers to.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Nobody: 6:59am On Jan 06, 2012
this protest is for non-PDP states, it will not succeed. lets see what labour can come with by mondey

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (34) (Reply)

Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) / 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria-opinion / President Buhari's 'Louboutin' Shoes Got People Talking (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.