Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,204 members, 7,811,546 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

Is There Hope For My Iphone? Help! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is There Hope For My Iphone? Help! (4861 Views)

Iphone Help / SCAM ALERT: My Iphone 5s Experience 28th January 2015 / »need Your Honest Support To Help Vote To Win Iphone & Help Yourself Too« (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Hope For My Iphone? Help! by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 05, 2012
My iphone4 was purchased, partially unlocked with a gevey sim and i could make and receive calls and browse the net. Then i made the mistake of upgrading to ios5 in order to get facetime. Now the thing does not make or receive calls or browse. It was sha reunlocked partially at computer village so i can at least access the apps and contacts. They say they dont yet have the technology to fix the sim approval / access problem though.What do i do?
Re: Is There Hope For My Iphone? Help! by Nobody: 8:27am On Jan 06, 2012
I WILL CONTINUE TO WARN YOU ALL, IF YOU DONT KNOW D THEORY OF HOW GEVEY UNLOCKING WORKS, STAY AWAY FROM IPHONE4 OR BUY A FACTORY UNLOCKED IPHONE4,RATHER BUY A 3GS.

jacobscros:

My iphone4 was purchased, partially unlocked with a gevey sim and i could make and receive calls and browse the net. Then i made the mistake of upgrading to ios5 in order to get facetime. Now the thing does not make or receive calls or browse. It was sha reunlocked partially at computer village so i can at least access the apps and contacts. They say they dont yet have the technology to fix the sim approval / access problem though.What do i do?
I'm sure the partial reunlocking is HaCtivating the fone which will give u access to the apps but becos they might not use d official sim, u wont get pust alerts on ur apps if browsing thru WIFI.

ur only hope is to be lucky that ur iphone4 is locked to a carrier that offers unlock cos there's no software or hardware unlock for ios5 bb.
check ur about page for d model number. BTW how did they activate for u? was it thru d official sim or thru cydia? if thru official sim, check the carrier at the about page.
Re: Is There Hope For My Iphone? Help! by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jan 06, 2012
tumababa:

I WILL CONTINUE TO WARN YOU ALL, IF YOU DONT KNOW D THEORY OF HOW GEVEY UNLOCKING WORKS, STAY AWAY FROM IPHONE4 OR BUY A FACTORY UNLOCKED IPHONE4,RATHER BUY A 3GS.
I'm sure the partial reunlocking is HaCtivating the fone which will give u access to the apps but becos they might not use d official sim, u wont get pust alerts on your apps if browsing thru WIFI.

your only hope is to be lucky that your iphone4 is locked to a carrier that offers unlock cos there's no software or hardware unlock for ios5 bb.
check your about page for d model number. BTW how did they activate for u? was it thru d official sim or thru cydia? if thru official sim, check the carrier at the about page.

Im sorry, i dont really know how they reunlocked my phone to make the apps work but no recognization of my mtn sim. The phone was made in America but it came locked.I had to send it to computer village to be unlocked.when unlocked it could browse ,receive and make calls. i then later updated to ios5 and problems started.The carrier is now - carrier lab 11.0. Can Gevey Ultra sim fix my phone?
Re: Is There Hope For My Iphone? Help! by Suntemi(m): 2:02pm On Jan 06, 2012
jacobscros:

Im sorry, i dont really know how they reunlocked my phone to make the apps work but no recognization of my mtn sim. The phone was made in America but it came locked.I had to send it to computer village to be unlocked.when unlocked it could browse ,receive and make calls. i then later updated to ios5 and problems started.The carrier is now - carrier lab 11.0. Can Gevey Ultra sim fix my phone?

unfortunately no is the answer
Re: Is There Hope For My Iphone? Help! by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jan 06, 2012
U didnt answer my questn. Whats d model number.
Re: Is There Hope For My Iphone? Help! by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jan 06, 2012
tumababa:

U didnt answer my questn. Whats d model number.
THE model number is MC604B

1 Like

Re: Is There Hope For My Iphone? Help! by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jan 06, 2012
jacobscros:

THE model number is MC604B
U might be lucky. Give me ur serial number
Re: Is There Hope For My Iphone? Help! by Nobody: 6:39am On Jan 07, 2012
tumababa:

U might be lucky. Give me your serial number
JF126QMSDZZ
Re: Is There Hope For My Iphone? Help! by Nobody: 10:48am On Jan 07, 2012
^^ just checked apple database. U av warranty till sept 25,2012 which means it was activated with the original sim for the first time on sept 26,2011. So u can now move to know d network it's locked to. U need to contact me on dat. At least there's still hope that u can unlock your iPhone permanently so it will never lock again and u say bye bye to Gevey.
Re: Is There Hope For My Iphone? Help! by Nobody: 11:44am On Jan 07, 2012
tumababa:

^^ just checked apple database. U av warranty till sept 25,2012 which means it was activated with the original sim for the first time on sept 26,2011. So u can now move to know d network it's locked to. U need to contact me on dat. At least there's still hope that u can unlock your iPhone permanently so it will never lock again and u say bye bye to Gevey.
i will give u a call.
Re: Is There Hope For My Iphone? Help! by Nobody: 9:33am On Jan 09, 2012
To everyone out there who may havethe same problem thats monitoring this thread, I have given tumbaba a call and it seems like calling him was my best option so far. I searched around thenet for better deals but those sites that promise free permanent unlock are scam sites. My advice is that you give tumbaba a call as he checked my phone models unlockability capability and was 100% correctabout the stats of my phone plus the colour and memory space specs!Those scam websites claim to help but even when u put a fake IMEI number they will claim ur phone is unlkockable.I have commited my funds to tumbaba and he has promised me that my phone willbe permanently unlocked and he is a trustworthy guy .The price for unlocking the iphone by asking permission from Apple directly is expensive and varies depending on what carrier ur phone is locked to but, its Apple so its tobe expected.I will update when my phone is fixed as i was promised by tumbaba that it would take a week.So thru my experimentation u guys will know whether he is worth contacting.
Re: Is There Hope For My Iphone? Help! by Nobody: 10:04am On Jan 09, 2012
Unlock in progress.
Re: Is There Hope For My Iphone? Help! by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jan 11, 2012
Your iPhone has been unlocked. Call me to tell u what to do. U are not picking.
Re: Is There Hope For My Iphone? Help! by Nobody: 10:22am On Jan 12, 2012
ALL HAIL Tumbaba and his agents in the UK! my iphone is fully unlocked and I even got a congratulatory message from Apple when I plugged my phone to itunes. If you need ur phone unlocked PERMANENTLY. You now know who to call(at a price of course). He is an honest businessman and i will recommend anybody to him. Help me praise God o! my phone dey work!
Re: Is There Hope For My Iphone? Help! by Nobody: 10:36am On Jan 12, 2012
^^^ congrats bro. Now u don't need to fear apple anymore. Now when u connect ur iphone to iTunes and u see a pop up MSG that u need to upgrade to a new iOS, the only thing to worry about is IF YOU ARE JAILBROKEN, U WILL LOOSE ONLY THE JAILBREAK BUT U WILL NEVER LOOSE YOUR NETWORK AGAIN.If u don't care about jailbreak, obviously u av nothing to loose.
Re: Is There Hope For My Iphone? Help! by ikuoma4rea: 11:22am On Jan 14, 2012
I need to unlock my iphone 4s.its not seeing our nigeria sim.can u assist me.
Re: Is There Hope For My Iphone? Help! by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jan 14, 2012
ikuoma4rea:

check the model under settings-general-about.
u might also be lucky
Re: Is There Hope For My Iphone? Help! by Emeka72(m): 3:14pm On Jan 14, 2012
I know Tumbaba to be an i-phone guru, also sun-temi. I don't really use i-phone but have learnt from tumbaba.
Re: Is There Hope For My Iphone? Help! by ikuoma4rea: 6:08pm On Jan 14, 2012
MC603B-model
Re: Is There Hope For My Iphone? Help! by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 15, 2012
ikuoma4rea:

MC603B-model
Lol. U can b lucky too. Give me d serial nos to know if it has been activated before.
Re: Is There Hope For My Iphone? Help! by ikuoma4rea: 10:25pm On Jan 15, 2012
7w034e84a4s
Re: Is There Hope For My Iphone? Help! by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jan 15, 2012
Emeka 7.:

I know Tumbaba to be an i-phone guru, also sun-temi. I don't really use i-phone but have learnt from tumbaba.
Thanks bro, u shd give an iPhone a try.

ikuoma4rea:

Just checked the serial nos u gave me, it's an iphone4 (not 4S) and its activated, so u can give me a call for d next step, it shd be unlockable permanently.

1 Like

Re: Is There Hope For My Iphone? Help! by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jan 15, 2012
Nos is 08053250698
Re: Is There Hope For My Iphone? Help! by ikuoma4rea: 12:32am On Jan 16, 2012
I just confirmed.its was upgraded to 4s.l wil call U̶̲̥̅̊ tomorrow.thanks
Re: Is There Hope For My Iphone? Help! by initialize(m): 4:53pm On Jan 17, 2012
what are you feeling like? @tumababa.
compliments
Re: Is There Hope For My Iphone? Help! by Phony200(m): 6:08pm On Jan 17, 2012
^^The guy nah boss o! Tumajay get cubicle for Apple office.
Re: Is There Hope For My Iphone? Help! by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 17, 2012
initialize:

what are you feeling like? @tumababa.
compliments
Compliments my guy. Ur face just super scarce
Re: Is There Hope For My Iphone? Help! by Nobody: 6:35am On Jan 18, 2012
iphone unlock still possible grin
Re: Is There Hope For My Iphone? Help! by Nobody: 11:50am On Jan 18, 2012
ikuoma4rea:

I just confirmed.its was upgraded to 4s.l wil call U̶̲̥̅̊ tomorrow.thanks
oga u didnt get back to me. i dont av ur nos or email.
Re: Is There Hope For My Iphone? Help! by xsprice: 4:47pm On Mar 05, 2012
can anyone help me with iphone 4 unlock ?>
Re: Is There Hope For My Iphone? Help! by Nobody: 5:18pm On Mar 05, 2012
What is d current config on ur iphone? Model, ios version, modem firmware?
Re: Is There Hope For My Iphone? Help! by xsprice: 11:22am On Mar 06, 2012
Its Iphone 4,ios 5.01 and baseband 4.11.08.thanks for the reply.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Check Out 20 Android Smartphones That Copied The Iphone X / Please Help With Blackberry Wifi Hotspot Setup / Hidden Games On Your Android Device You Never Knew About

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.