Stats: 3,158,043 members, 7,835,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry (23718 Views)

Ronaldo Closes In On Van Nistelrooy And All-time Champions League Top Scorers / Ruud Van Nistelrooy Retires From Football / Do U Believe That Rv Nistelrooy Can Be The Top Scorer In Germany? (2) (3) (4)

Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by Akolawole(m): 8:03pm On Mar 22, 2006
@Pie1ect

I said we are waiting for you in response to the fact that everybody had shelved sentiment for facts.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by slimgene(m): 1:04am On Mar 23, 2006
Kola,
Forget pie1ect, He is too blind to see the facts. To him, Arsenal can still win the Premiership!
What a Arrow?
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by LoverBwoy(m): 4:21am On Mar 23, 2006
interesting stats

i cant do maths  tongue , but its seems Henry has scored more goal than all the nigerian strikers combined  tongue
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by pie1ect(m): 9:24am On Mar 23, 2006
Slimgene

I beleive I don't need to join issues with morons like yourself.
You made your choice, I made mine.
Abi you dey find am hard to read?
Haba, and you have the nerve to call someone a Arrow?

@Akolawole

The fact which everybody (according to you) agrees on, is that Henry is a better footballer than Ruud.
That's what the thread was about.

I did know before I started the thread, that Ruud has a better goal per game ratio than Henry, which makes him a more prolific goal scorer than Henry. And it's hardly a thing of surprise considering the fact that Ruud has played as an out and out striker all his career while Henry basically started his "striking" career at Arsenal.

However, the thread was about the better footballer - And as such Henry carries my vote.

[s]BTW, I've changed my e-address. You check it up on my profile.[/s]
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by Akolawole(m): 12:15pm On Mar 23, 2006
@Pie1ect

Something like that bro.
Ruud is a better goal scorer but King Henry is a better all-round footballer.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by reyes4eva(m): 8:01pm On Mar 23, 2006
@pie1ect,
Why call slimgene a slowpoke?
He doesnt sound slowpoke on this thread. He's just passionate abt ur patriotism and never-say-die attitude plus the commitment u have for Arsenal.
Arsenal is a great club and i believe the team will gel in no time.
Lets end this thread and talk abt something else.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by Vieira(m): 8:40pm On Mar 23, 2006
slimgene called pie1ect a Arrow, that's why I think he called him a slowpoke back.

Heated debate!
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by TYPOP(m): 8:47pm On Mar 23, 2006
reyes4eva:

He's just passionate about your patriotism and never-say-die attitude plus the commitment u have for Arsenal.

@reyes4eva
thats what gunners are
Patriotic
Die-hards
Committed
dedicated
devoted
loyal
stanch
steadfast
unswerving
faithful
Unflinching
unwavering
constant
steady
undaunted
persistent
resolute
dogged
steadfast

need more?

reyes4eva:

Arsenal is a great club and i believe the team will gel in no time.

We've been there b/4. We are going back there. It's a matter of a short time.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by TYPOP(m): 8:49pm On Mar 23, 2006
[size=13pt]I'm proud of being a [/size] [size=14pt]GUNNER.[/size]
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by LoverBwoy(m): 9:23pm On Mar 23, 2006
yea FIRING ON ALL CYLINDERSSS

GBOSA GBOSA GBOSA!!!!
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by nightrider: 10:21pm On Mar 23, 2006
Every team will always support it's top striker. Gunners will say Henry, red devils will say ruud, newcastle will say alan shearer.  So i can see why dis argument is unending. 

Henry is better than van nstelrooy in every aspect.

Van nistelrooy- Highest goal scorer in the premier league once

Henry -               Highest goalscorer in the premier league Three times and on his way to a fourth golden boot having been behind van nistelrooy by almost nine goals.

Henry carries a whole team of world class players on his shoulders. Thierry henry is Arsenal, even mourinho admits it.

Van nistelrooy doesn't carry anybody , Man u is playing much better without him.

Ferguson will give ten Van nistelrooys for henry. And you know that true.

Thierry scored 30 goals in a 2003/2004 season a premiership record
thierry made 20 assists in the 2003/2004 season a premiership record
he makes as many goals as he scores.

[color=#990000]I repeat henry has won 3 golden boots and on his way to number 4 in row. Van nistelrooy has one just a miserable 1[/color]
please is it not in the same premier leagur they played.

Nistelrooy only tops henry in uefa goals and henry is not very far behind. The way he caught up with him in a flash this season is the way he'll catch up in uefa goals. and you know it

When Van nistelrooy retires he'll be remebered as a very good striker
when Henry  retires he'll be remebered as the legend of arsenal. A terrror to defenders, the lightning from france.
The KING OF HIGHBURY> One of the greatest strikers the world has ever seen.

Henry has won titles and awards at occasions Van nistelrooy will never be invited to.

Van nistelrooy to thierry Henry is like a "lottery winner amongst the bourgeoisie".

there is only one scorer to have graced the premiership thats better than the  king and that man is

ALAN SHEARER
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by comechop(m): 12:02am On Mar 24, 2006
You guys are all Hilarious!! Its sad though that some of you are acting like [/b]primary school kids[b] in the way you talk about simple matter.
I think this thread has already been concluded.
Van Nis is an excellent striker, an opportunist, and thats it. He scores goals, howbeit unspectacular. And as my friend says, he is a goalkeeper marker, and hardly ever makes his own goals. Lets us be honest about that fact.
Henry is, Everything a [/b]complete[b] striker should be.
Goal scoring, check
Mesmerizing dribbling, check.
Amazing assist, check.
Awards to follow his amazing feats, check.
Not awoof, check.
Makes his own goals, check.
Soccer friendly player, check.
Spectacular goals, check.
Ask ANY defender who they fear most,
Thierry Henry.
Van Nist is one of the better strikers we have seen in a while.
Henry is a soccer Legend by himself. Time will tell.
And guys, stop hating OK? Just be honest with yourself. Dont hate the player,
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by reyes4eva(m): 12:15am On Mar 24, 2006
@ nightrider,
I disagree with u. The 2 strikers are GREAT and it depends on what u prefer. A manager like Ferguson will prefer RUUD to HENRY cos he can fit into his system.
Henry is what Wenger needs and he is the only player that can fit his pattern of play. Mourinho thinks Drogba is the best striker in the premiership and he once said he wld not exchange him for anyone in the premiership. He might be the wackest striker to u and i but his manager paid 24 million quid to get him.

The most important thang here is they both score and they have been contributing immensely to the success of their respective clubs.
Like i have said earlier, Ruud is Special and Henry is Important. This topic has been too over-flogged.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by mochafella(m): 12:47am On Mar 24, 2006
comechop:

Henry is, Everything a [/b]complete[b] striker should be.

erm,

comechop, where is the ability to use his head in that list.
Good player, Yes
More complete player than RVN, Yes
Complete striker, NO

and please don't give me bull-crap about the way Arsenal plays, every coach maximises his players strengths. Arsenal/Wenger will use the long ball and crosses as a plan B if he could.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by Akolawole(m): 1:18am On Mar 24, 2006
@Mochafella
Where have you been since?

@Reyes4eva

Why do you people like to[b] LIE [/b] like that?

When did Mourhino says Drogba is the best Striker in the Premiership. You even say, he said He cannot swap him for,

HE NEVER SAID THIS.

He said of Lampard towards the FIFA award,that " He is a player he cannot swap for anybody".
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by mochafella(m): 1:30am On Mar 24, 2006
Akolawole:

@Mochafella
Where have you been since?

I've being around, I've stayed updated with most of the topics though, I'm surprised there is still a discussion over this one.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by comechop(m): 6:17am On Mar 24, 2006
mochafella, give me a break. How is Henry not a complete striker? Please tell me what he is lacking. Pls. Just because he doesnt score every goal with his head, is that why u say he is not complete? Please abeg.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by mochafella(m): 8:16am On Mar 24, 2006
comechop:

mochafella, give me a break. How is Henry not a complete striker? Please tell me what he is lacking. Please. Just because he doesnt score every goal with his head, is that why u say he is not complete? Please abeg.

@comechop

there is no requirement that says he should score every goal with his head, but since you asked what he is lacking. Thierry is obviously not very comfortable with the ball in the air. It is plainly obvious. I would say exactly the same about Ronaldo, he is useful in the air but like Thierry it is not his strongest point. And please spare me the emotional and rhetorical antics.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by reyes4eva(m): 1:31pm On Mar 24, 2006
@mochafella,
Dont debate it any longer with them. Sometimes, i cannot understand why we "gunners" shy away from the truth. Every Manager admires Nistelrooy. He is a goal poacher and a box player. He scores from 6 yards but isn't that the most important thing? Goals win matches not dribbles. Who can argue Nistelrooy and Rooney do not have the best strike partnership in the premiership? Who can u tag along with Henry that has scored more than this duo?

I am a gunner and a Gunner for life but i know from the deepest of my heart that he has more goal sense than Henry.
Henry,however, is a better footballer all round and his skills are top draw.

Ruud is a goal machine and his records at PSV and Man Utd is what every football fan will gape at. Ruud made impact in his very 1st season here and this feat has been difficult for any other striker to achieve. This proves he will fit into any league and still keep his head up. Ruud broke UEFA champions league records in his debut season at Man Utd by becoming the 1st player to notch 10 goals and broke his own records by scoring 14 in his 2nd season.

Henry wasn't much of a hit at his previous clubs and he cldn't get on top of his game in his 1st 2 seasons at highbury. It took the frenchman some time to learn about the English game which he has perfectly mastered now. He plays good football, his assists are top notch and he gives drive to his team. The question here is, will he be able to take this into anutha league like La Liga and compete with Etoo and the rest in his debut season?
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by Akolawole(m): 1:55pm On Mar 24, 2006
@Reyes4eva

Very Very objective analysis suprisingly from a Gunner.
I dont expect any member to say anything again. So every body lipsrsealed

A good completion to a very controversial debate.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by nightrider: 5:17pm On Mar 24, 2006
mocha fella you are talking story.

henry has been top scorer for arsenal from his first season in the premiership.

he has won three highest goal scorer awards. van nistelrooy has only won one award, and that was his first season.

how can someone with only one highest goalscorer award be better than someone who has won three.
Both of them play in the same league and the same number of matches and thierry henry has finsihed above van nistelrooy every season since ruud's debut season when he won it.

What i see here is complete deception and denial of the glaring facts to suit emotions.
van nistelrooy leads thierry in uefa only and he is just a few goals ahead. henry is better, if van nistelrooy was better he would be winning the golden boot.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by nightrider: 5:21pm On Mar 24, 2006
what is all this crap about henry not scoring with his head. He finished as top scorer in the whole europe two seasons in a row.

the strikers who score with thier heads why havent they finisghed as top scorers. who bloody cares if he doesnt score with is head.

has van nistelrooy ever finished as top scorer in europe , henry has done it two seasons in a row.

please stop deceiving yourselves henry is DA KING
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by mochafella(m): 5:27pm On Mar 24, 2006
@nightrider

Did you read my comments,

I clearly said Henry is a better player, RVN is a better goalscorer.

I also clearly said Henry is not a complete striker in response to comechop because he is not very comfortable aerially. Do note that I did not say anything about goalscoring records. I also did not say RVN is a complete striker either. Please read before you spit.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by nightrider: 5:33pm On Mar 24, 2006
mochafella:

@nightrider

Did you read my comments,

I clearly said Henry is a better player, RVN is a better goalscorer.

I also clearly said Henry is not a complete striker in response to comechop because he is not very comfortable aerially. Do note that I did not say anything about goalscoring records. I also did not say RVN is a complete striker either. Please read before you spit.

exactly why i'm spitting. i'm talking about goalscoring, how can yu say someone is a better goalscorer than someone who has scored more goals than your man every season except one and has been the highest goalscorer in europe two seasons in a row.

please explain it to me in clear terms because it seems unbelievable.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by mochafella(m): 5:46pm On Mar 24, 2006
nightrider:

exactly why i'm spitting. i'm talking about goalscoring,
well my comment to comechop was about Thierry's completeness as a striker.

The info you are looking for is on page one. Do compare both goals per game ratios.

Thierry RVN
Career League Apps(Goals) 354 (179) 309 (185)
Career Euro Apps(Goals) 84 (47) 54 (41)

Here is the source.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/shared/bsp/hi/football/statistics/players/h/henry_22698.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/shared/bsp/hi/football/statistics/players/v/van_nistelrooy_47691.stm
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by mochafella(m): 5:49pm On Mar 24, 2006
nightrider:

scored more goals than your man every season except one

um, you make it sound as if I'm an RVN or MANu fan
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by nightrider: 5:53pm On Mar 24, 2006
these stats your showing

does it include henry's career at monaco and juventus where he wasn't a striker. he was a winger in both clubs.

if it does , then it is like comparing finidi georges goal scoring record to rashidi yekini. it can't work

what you should be comparing is records from when henry became a striker.

bring up from van nistelrooys first season in man -u till now , lets compare it to henry's record from the same period till now.

and you'll see why henry has won the golden boot 3 times and been highest goalscorer in euorpe 2 consecutive times and RVN has only won golden boot once.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by nightrider: 6:47pm On Mar 24, 2006
wikipedia says van nisterooy has scored

95 league goals for man-u in 142 appearances since 2001( league goals only)

arsenal's website says henry has scored

79 league goals for arsenal in 105 appearances since 2002( league goals only)

unfortunately arsenals site doesn't have henry's 2001 record .

do the math.

thats just 16 goals RVN leads thierry with. despite us not including henry's 2001 season.

if we include henry's 2001 season nko! what will happen. according to 4the game.com henry scored 33 goals in all competitions for arsenal that season. although RVN topped him in premiership scores to win THE PREMIERSHIP golden boot. If we add that it shows thierry dusts RVN in equal games played.

this season henry already has 24 goals in all competitions
RVN has 22 goals in all competitions with more games played than henry.

once again henry is on his way to dusting RVN, the way he has done for 3 consecutive seasons.

please read very carefully before you reply
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by reyes4eva(m): 6:59pm On Mar 24, 2006
@Nightrider,
Does it matter where a player operates from? Lampard is a midfielder and he is the highest goal scorer in chelsea for 2 seasons running now. These chelsea has Crespo,Drogba and Carlton Cole in their ranks.
Maradona was never a striker but he scored great goals as a midfielder likewise Zico.
Pls argue objectively.
U keep shouting about the highest goal scorer in europe and u forget european countries like Germany and Holland dont even play as many matches like England. So that statistic is watery for me.
Let Henry justify himself in UEFA champions league  as Ruud as done if he is that good cos UCL is the best standard to judge both players. U said Ruud is above Henry with few goals but has he played as many matches as Henry?. Henry has played 16 games more and Ruud leads him on the scorer's chart. Give urself some soul-searching and stop giving us gunners a bad name.

Ruud is a better goalscorer than Henry.
Admin pls put an end to this topic.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by nightrider: 7:02pm On Mar 24, 2006
you obviously didnt read the stats above or maybe you just didnt understand it.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by reyes4eva(m): 7:06pm On Mar 24, 2006
Lemme help u .
Henry scored 17 goals from 38 premier league matches in 2000/2001 season.
This is tha source, http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=13501
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by nightrider: 7:10pm On Mar 24, 2006
reye4eva

reading you reply again i realise its pure crap.

where did henry play 16 games more,? abi you mean less

Top Scorers Team             Prem CC FA UEFA CL Other                    Total

Thierry Henry Arsenal         19     1    0   0      4    0                          24                      Minutes on Pitch:  2715

Ruud Van Nistelrooy           19     1    0   0      1     1                         22                       Minutes on Pitch:  3078

thats for this season , since you cant understand the stats of other seasons. at least try and understand this seasons statistics.

Tottenham Hotspur Vs Arsenal (2 - 2) On 5th March 2016 / Swansea City Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 21st February 2015 / Liverpool Vs Leicester EFL Cup (5 - 4) pens On 22nd December 2021

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57