Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,284 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry (23727 Views)

Ronaldo Closes In On Van Nistelrooy And All-time Champions League Top Scorers / Ruud Van Nistelrooy Retires From Football / Do U Believe That Rv Nistelrooy Can Be The Top Scorer In Germany? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by Jackal(m): 12:38pm On Mar 20, 2006
@ nightrider,
Sometimes i wonder the stereotypes of fans that supports the Gunners. They can be sometimes shallow-minded or just idiotic with their statements. In ur case,u have added a handful of imbecility and mental derailment.
Ur points are baseless and out of order. No one is biased here but u. What has Henry closed down on? Nistelrooy hasn't started in the last 3 premiership matches so that theory of urs is watery. In all the competitons both of them have featured in, RUUD always outscore Henry. A lot of Gunners have accepted this fact cos the 2 strikers dont play the same position and all of a sudden ur wack analysis fizzles out.
If u think Saha is better than Ruud because SAHA is starting matches now then u need to see ur SHRINK cos ur case might be heading to a sanatorium. I can tell u the gaffer is just giving SAHA more matches to build on his ragged confidence and increase his sharpness caused by an injury-plagued career. Besides, SAHA has started in the last 3 matches cos the opposing teams aint that STIFF. I cannot see SAHA starting ahead of RUUD if Man Utd were to face CHELSEA or ARSENAL.
I am absolutely sure u must have disgraced the FEW intellectual GUNNERS on this thread. I wonder what pie1ect and babwilms will say to this unfortunate member of their 'darling' club. U are just a PRAT!!!!!!!!!
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by slimgene(m): 2:38pm On Mar 20, 2006
Goddangit!!!!!!!!!

U have literally murdered one of em.
Ur comments are absolutely spot-on. Most arsenal fans are just soccer-illiterates or just too dumb to understand the fundamental principles of the game. The Gaffer is starting Saha these days cos Saha is low on confidence and needs more matches to increase his sharpness and guile in front of goal. The player has been ravaged by series of injuries which seem to have plagued his career and he needs to get on his feel quickly to at least justify the £12.5m price tag. It has nothing to do with him better than Ruud or vice versa.

I am glad i have met straight thinking gunners on this forum but i am afraid nightrider does not belong to this group. We dont tolerate beer-parlour gists here
It's a pity but i wonder what Pie1ect and Babwilms will say to these senseless theory raised by one of their unfortunate entities.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by Skintite(f): 2:41pm On Mar 20, 2006
slimgene, and others
u are ever biased about arsenal n the great weapons they got
please do not contribute  angry

ul neva say the truth undecided
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by nightrider: 2:51pm On Mar 20, 2006
slimgene your comments are worth a pile of donkey shit.

jackal it's obvious to me now that you really do watch your football on radio.

if you can truly with eyes wide shut say that ruud van nistelrooy is better than thierry henry then it's hopeless arguing with you. so i'll not waste further time. if you wer a coach and you had a pick of henry or nistelrooy. and seeing the contributions of both players to their respective clubs, you still go ahead to pick ven nistelrooy over thierry henry then your football analysis though a bit better, is worth just alittle more than slimgene's comments.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by Jackal(m): 3:08pm On Mar 20, 2006
@ nightrider
Don't even sweat it. Ruud scores goals and he was born to DO IT. His goals helped United wrestle the title from Arsenal in 02/03 season. I will always put my money on such strikers. Henry is good but i think he hasn't really transformed his tenacity beyond the shores of the British Channel. I didnt even notice him at the last European Championship in Portugal.
Both of em players have their strengths and weaknesses but in the business of goal-scoring,i think Ruud has that cutting edge!
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by nightrider: 3:27pm On Mar 20, 2006
now your talking like someone who's stating his own opinion and can be logically argued with. Unlike before.

I respect your opinion, yu think Ruud is better, i think henry is better.
but you honestly must admit that

1 henry contributes more to his team
2 henry scores classier goals
3 henry has the most assists for a striker who scores the most goals
4 henry has come second in the world
5 henry has won pfa player of the year twice
6 henry is one of three men to score thirty goals
7 henry has won the world cup
8 henry has won european cup
9 henry has won confederations cup
10 no football team depends on one man the way arsenal depend on him. He scores, he assists, he defends, he plays wing
11. henry cannot be benched in his club
12. he has closed ruuds 9 goal lead to just two
13 did i say he scores breathtaking goals
14 he is the only player in the world you want to be selfish
15 he is the leading light in the premiership
16 he doesn't need to score with his head. he feet do the business
17 did i mention he scores fantastic fantastic goals
18 his runs are breath taking
19 his passes are sublime
20 van nistelrooy will need 30yrs of constant practice to be compared with the accuracy and bend in his right boot.
oooooppps sorry did i just say that!!!!!!!!
21 apart from ruuds first year in d epl he has not won the golden boot again. he could have done it this season but unfortunately, but unfortyunately for him henry came back from injury.
22 how can saha be benching your top striker. no matter how you explain it away. ruud is a box 6 striker
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by slimgene(m): 4:16pm On Mar 20, 2006
I think we have a loco in the house. Where do u come from? Majority of ur facts r bollocks and do not hold water. Limit ur arguments to Ruud and Henry not confed cup or whatever.

What we r saying about Ruud is he has a better goal sense and he should. Henry has constituted himself as a jack-of-all-trade kinda of player. He is too selfish and busies himself with things that do not concern him. He is the only striker that plays corner-kicks in the premiership when he should be in the box to score it.

All Ruud thinks about is to put the ball in the net and he sometimes does classically. I hope u have not forgotten he took 6 players on in a maradona kinda trick against Fulham and he ran 3 defenders down @ Highbury to score a magical goal in the same year.

Frankly speaking, Saha is not benching Ruud. Fergie is moulding his confidence and wants him to play. U shld not forget this is a world cup year and Fergie wants to see all his players in Germany so dont get things twisted. Arsenal is the only place where a player is given a free role like Henry. This is the reason why arsenal loses when Henry does not play well/injured.

In Man Utd, no player is bigger than the team. That has been evident ever since. Just like the days of Cole,Yorke,Sheringham and Solksjaer. Any player can bench any other player. Thatz the way it is and the way it will forever be. Raul,Ronaldo,Larsson,Etoo sometimes sit on the bench. It does not mean they are not good.

I hope this helps ur beclouded senses and if it doesn't, then u better swallow a bottle of tylenol.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by nightrider: 5:03pm On Mar 20, 2006
you've done it again. i honestly didn't think you could do it. but you've crapped right here on Nairaland once again. unbelievable. another pile of amazing donkey Poo.

1. What we r saying about Ruud is he has a better goal sense and he should. Henry has constituted himself as a jack-of-all-trade kind of of player. He is too selfish and busies himself with things that do not concern him. He is the only striker that plays corner-kicks in the premiership when he should be in the box to score it.

answer- who has won more golden boots in the epl? has ruud ever scored up to thirty goals? was ruud not leading henry with 9 goals when henry was injured. how many goals is he leading with now? you say he is selfish? every great player is selfish e.g maradona, ronaldo etc.  but then again how can he be selfish when he has the most assists in arsenal? but i doubt if you biased mind can efectively comprehend that statement. you say he busies himself with things that don't concern him. he defends, he plays wings, he assists and he scores.  Fact is he is  abetter all round player than ruud.

2. All Ruud thinks about is to put the ball in the net and he sometimes does classically. I hope u have not forgotten he took 6 players on in a maradona kind of trick against Fulham and he ran 3 defenders down @ Highbury to score a magical goal in the same year.

yes thats all he thinks about putting balls in the net. Thats why he is the perfect box 6 striker. If you want me to comment on classy goals henry has scored i'd leave you speechless. since we want you to continue to amuse us with your donkey Poo i won't comment.

3. Frankly speaking, Saha is not benching Ruud. Fergie is moulding his confidence and wants him to play. U shld not forget this is a world cup year and Fergie wants to see all his players in Germany so don't get things twisted. Arsenal is the only place where a player is given a free role like Henry.  This is the reason why arsenal loses when Henry does not play well/injured.

your deceiving yourself. ruud and van nistelrooy are not on speaking terms. The same treatment fergie gave yorke, ince, beckham and andy cole b4 he shipped them out of old trafford is what he is giving ruud van nistelrooy. He finally realised what we gunners have known for long. van nistelrooy is rubbish.
read today's newsreports. if you can read.

4. In Man Utd, no player is bigger than the team. That has been evident ever since. Just like the days of Cole,Yorke,Sheringham and Solksjaer. Any player can bench any other player. Thatz the way it is and the way it will forever be. Raul,Ronaldo,Larsson,Etoo sometimes sit on the bench. It does not mean they are not good.

yeah right. no player is bigger than the team my ass. thats why you have been winning since beckham left .
if he can be benched and the team carry on without him,he's not so great. ferguson will give 30 van nistelrooys to have a thierry henry he can rely on and you know it.

the fact is van nistelrooy is leaving an ass print on man-u bench, henry is playing classy games.
so next time you want to unload your hot pile of donkey Poo on us . think well
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by Akolawole(m): 5:23pm On Mar 20, 2006
@Nightrider

nightrider:

Anybody that compares ruud van nistelrooy to thierry henry is undoubtedly biased. Because if you wern't you would know deep in your heart that van nistelrooy is not in the same class.

Kola forgive me but your statistics is absolute crap, rubbish from the bottom of the vilest gutter. Not you but your stats.

For everything you listed there henry has done better. second in the world, Premiership player of the year twice, one of three to score 30 goals, golden boot " please howmany times has he won it".

This is getting interesting now.

Is my statistics wrong or what?

That 30 goals: Is it in the premiership or UEFA goals?

Where was King Henry when All their opponents destroy them in the last World cup? Even Nigeria does better.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by nightrider: 5:32pm On Mar 20, 2006
the 30 goals was in the premiership , arsenal's unbeaten season . thierry henry scored 30 goals.
only alan shearer and kevin phillips have been able to achieve that.

he didn't do well in world cup doesnt mean he isn't better than nistelrooy. some players are fantastic for thieir clubs and not for their countries.

e.g mario jardel of porto, giovanni elber of bayern munich, jonathan akpobrie of stutgart, alfredo di stefano of real madrid.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by shadyBaba: 5:47pm On Mar 20, 2006
henry has been retaining the golden boot in the premiership for the past 3 seasons.and what are y'all saying ? IGWE is far better than ruud in everyways kola and that yur jackal friend stop hatin and start appreciating ok.

Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by Jackal(m): 6:01pm On Mar 20, 2006
why has the same henry won UEFA champions league golden boot for once? Is he a local champion?
Man Utd was eliminated last season at the knock-out stages even before the Q/finals and still emerged the highest goal scorer with 8 goals for the 3rd time in his 5 seasons at England.
I wonder how a player can be phenomenal in the domestic league and cannot take his scoring prowess outside his league. S'thing is wrong.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by Jackal(m): 6:02pm On Mar 20, 2006
why hasn't the same Henry won the champions league for once? Cos he scores more penalty kicks than goals in the premiership.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by Akolawole(m): 6:06pm On Mar 20, 2006
shadyBaba:

henry has been retaining the golden boot in the premiership for the past 3 seasons.and what are y'all saying ? IGWE is far better than ruud in everyways kola and that yur jackal friend stop hatin and start appreciating ok.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by nightrider: 6:30pm On Mar 20, 2006
if ruud van nistelrooy was so good he would not be sitting on the bench. he would be playing
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by Jackal(m): 6:34pm On Mar 20, 2006
He will play when the Gunners visit the Old Trafford soon.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by pie1ect(m): 6:39pm On Mar 20, 2006
*smiles and walks away*
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by nightrider: 6:40pm On Mar 20, 2006
ruud van nistelroooy brother ron  confesseda very well respected old trafford supporter that ruud has told his family that his time is up at Old trafford.

tottenham are ready to pounce with a $7 million deal.

he has problems with ferguson thats why he's being benched. the same treatment fergie meted out to yorke is coming ruuds way. great striker no doubt , but its the end of an era for him. hes got to ove on cuz right now hes playing second fiddle to a second fiddle saha who is second fiddle to a first fiddle henry in the french team.

hes going to tottenham wer all second fiddle players go.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by Jackal(m): 6:49pm On Mar 20, 2006
Fergie cant and wont sell Ruud. Dont always believe what u read in the players. Ruud is still tied on contracts and has anutha 2 years to go. Ruud is United's ace. Wigan,West Brom and Portsmouth aint teams Man Utd shld unleash their weapons on. When the team faces opponents like the gunners then u will see Ruud. I am sure u are mental about him which makes me think u are GAY.
He has started in all the Premiership games until about a fortnight ago. The Gaffer is just giving his ace some rest so he can unleash terror on Wenger's defence.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by nightrider: 6:56pm On Mar 20, 2006
he just called me gay.
lol lol lol

how stupid can someone get in his argument. please i desire to know how you do it. How you Poo from your brain with such ease? wow, your a genius. you can expliot this talent you know. get rich out of the donkey Poo that comes from your brain.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by Jackal(m): 7:00pm On Mar 20, 2006
U r getting too monotonous. Add spice and dimensions to ur comments. Maybe Animal's excrement gives u a kick. Ain't u weird?
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by nightrider: 7:05pm On Mar 20, 2006
all these sexual refrences is beginning to make me scared of arguing here. i've suddenly lost my taste for the topic . you expertly diverted it to homosexuality and getting kicks out of excrement i'm scared. i can't reply anymore . these things are an abomination in my country and i'm so scared of you now. so bye , you win. yuck
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by slimgene(m): 7:08pm On Mar 20, 2006
@ nightrider,
Get ur stinkin a$$ of the forum. U are the Gay and the fetish guy here. U started the donkey thingy so dont blame it on anyone.
We dont need heads like u in here. Everyone on this thread will be happy to miss u.
Stay off and find a gay site where u rightly belong.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by pie1ect(m): 7:22pm On Mar 20, 2006
Hey g.uys?

What's with the insults and sexual references? Can't we have a civilized argument on here again without resorting to Childish antics?

Anyway, I think the best way to decide this issue is to look at it from the perspective of each player's achievements.

What has Ruud achieved that Henry has not? = NOTHING

What has Henry achieved that Ruud Van Nistelrooy has not? = A lot - World cup, European cup, personal awards and whatever.

My verdict = Henry will always be remembered as the better player by football fans, regardless of whether he's scored less goals than Ruud or not. Simply because his goals are the kind that will stick in your memory forever unlike Ruud who man-marks the Goalkeeper and does nothing else all game.

Maradona is not regarded as the greatest footballer who walked this planet because he scored more goals than Pele, it's simply because the kind of goals he scored will forever stick in the memory of those who saw it. And that's what this thread is about.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by Jackal(m): 7:32pm On Mar 20, 2006
Ruud has achieved what Henry hasn't even tasted before.

Henry is yet to win the Champions League Golden golden boot award. I think this is the biggest stage and is more competitive than Barclays Premiership.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by mochafella(m): 9:15pm On Mar 20, 2006
pie1ect:

Maradona is not regarded as the greatest footballer who walked this planet because he scored more goals than Pele, it's simply because the kind of goals he scored will forever stick in the memory of those who saw it.
erm,
pie1ect you wan start another argument with dis wan ooo.

Its a pity this thread has degenerated to a name-calling session, I beleive for most people Thierry remains the more complete player and RVN the better/more predatory goal scorer. There is a place for both in soccer and it is difficult to compare both since their styles are different. It comes down to each individual fans view of how the game should be played.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by adidison(m): 10:51pm On Mar 20, 2006
You shouldnt compare Henry and Ruud. They play diff attacking roles. Van is a stay at the 18yrd ( standing) striker while henry is a (free) moving striker like Eto. If u doubt check and see that Ruud's goals are mostly in the 18yrd box will henry is outside or at the edge of the area, go check it out. They are both wonderful strikers sha, they play what is expected from them by their respective coaches.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by slary(m): 11:00pm On Mar 20, 2006
There shouldn't be any comparison between these (Two) with all respect to all Manchester United
fans, Henry is better among the 2.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by Jackal(m): 11:43pm On Mar 20, 2006
@slary,
U talk absolute crap.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by Vieira(m): 10:19am On Mar 21, 2006
nightrider:

Jackal you obviously watch your football matches on radio
grin grin

I go die o! That was funny!!

To the topic at hand.

Henry is a better all round footballer.
Ruud is a better goal scorer

To be honest even Ian Wright is a better goal scorer than Henry

But to the person who said Saha is only playing to boost his confidence: Bollocks!
Fergie is playing him becos he is equally good and Ruud has to face the fact that he is not guaranteed his place, everyone has to fight for the right to play.

Wait till Solskear gets better and then big yawa go blow!
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by nightrider: 8:05pm On Mar 21, 2006
how can wright be abetter goal scorer than henry, when henry has surpassed his record.
Even wright said he's afraid henry is going to double his record.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by nightrider: 8:38pm On Mar 21, 2006
Thierry Daniel Henry (born August 17, 1977 in Les Ulis, Paris) is a French football player. He currently plays as a striker for the French national football team, and for English club Arsenal, where he is the club's all time leading goalscorer in both league matches and all competitions. He is often considered unlucky due to his inability to win the most coveted award for any player (FIFA World Player of the Year), even with his outstanding qualities such as explosive acceleration, blistering speed, sublime first touch, and lethal finishing, he has been twice nominated yet never won and ended up runners-up on both occasions.

[b]Henry is considered one of the most dynamic attacking players in the game today. He has surpassed Ian Wright to take over as Arsenal's all-time leading scorer with over 200 goals for the club. Although he plays as a striker, his versatility at all aspects of the game makes him more influential than many traditional strikers, and he often drops deep to receive the ball from midfield. He also is unselfish in front of goal, unlike traditional strikers. Amongst other things, Henry is well known for his creativity, speed and scoring touch which has consistently put him at the top of the FA Premier League's scorers and he claimed the Golden Boot (most goals scored) in 2002, 2004, and 2005.[/b]

At Arsenal, Wenger converted Henry into a striker, where he has flourished ever since. In the seven seasons he has been at Arsenal, Henry has been the club's top goalscorer for every single one.

He was made Arsenal captain in the summer of 2005, succeeding the recently departed Patrick Vieira. Regarded by many as the best striker in Arsenal's history, on October 18, 2005 Henry became the club's top goalscorer of all time; two goals against Sparta Prague meant he broke Ian Wright's record of 185 first-class goals. On February 1, 2006, he scored a goal against West Ham, bringing his league goal tally up to 151 and thus breaking Cliff Bastin's Arsenal league goals record. The 2005-2006 season also saw him score his 100th goal at Highbury, a feat unparallelled in the history of the club, and a unique achievement in the Premier League. He also contributes a large number of assists - most notably 20 in the 2002/3 season - an all-time Premiership record.Henry has received many plaudits and awards. He was runner-up for the 2003 and 2004 FIFA World Player of the Year award while helping Arsenal to an unbeaten record (26 wins, 12 draws) in the Premiership. He has also won both the Football Writers' Association Footballer of the Year, the PFA Players' Player of the Year twice, and the French Player Of The Year on four occasions - an all-time record. In 2004/5, despite Arsenal being the runners-up in the Premiership, Henry emerged with the European Golden Boot - the award for the top goalscorer in Europe - for the second consecutive year (albeit sharing with Villarreal's Diego Forlan in 2005).

His most spectacular goal in his career was the one against Manchester United on September 30, 2000. With his back to the goal, and under pressure from a defender, he flicked the ball up, swerved his body around, and unleashed a majestic dipping volley over the head of French team-mate Fabien Barthez.

Quotes about Henry
"He's a wizard with his feet and is blessed with a gift for scoring goals. His best quality is his speed while the ball is at his feet. He may be the fastest man ever to lace up a football boot. No defender in the world can keep up with him." - Lilian Thuram
"
I tell my kids in the Academy at Newcastle to watch Henry. He plays with such a swagger, not an arrogance, and that is a great quality. He always looks so comfortable. You talk about cars going from 0 to 60 in a matter of seconds, and he is like that. He just explodes. I could sit there for hours and watch him." - Peter Beardsley
"
If you look at the whole package, with everything Henry has, I don't think you can find that anywhere else. You give him the ball in the right place and his acceleration will take him past any defender in the world." - Dennis Bergkamp
"
The last player you want the ball to go to is the best player on the planet. " - Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard after his backpass to Henry gave Arsenal a 2-1 victory at Highbury.

Football Writers' Association Footballer of the Year
Henry won 2003, 2004             Succeeded by:Frank Lampard

PFA Player of the Year
Henry won 2003, 2004          Succeeded by:John Terry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Swansea City Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 21st February 2015 / Liverpool Vs Leicester EFL Cup (5 - 4) pens On 22nd December 2021 / Atletico Madrid Vs Barcelona (1 - 2) On 12th September 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.