Stats: 3,158,135 members, 7,835,805 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry (23721 Views)

Ronaldo Closes In On Van Nistelrooy And All-time Champions League Top Scorers / Ruud Van Nistelrooy Retires From Football / Do U Believe That Rv Nistelrooy Can Be The Top Scorer In Germany? (2) (3) (4)

Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by reyes4eva(m): 7:20pm On Mar 24, 2006
Its not even the number of goals scored that matters. Its the goal ratio!
Who wld u rate a deadlier striker?
Ruud's overall goal ratio is higher than Thierry's. Everybody knows this in England even the most passive football fan knows like the back of his hands.
Henry topping the scorers chart in europe leagues is phoney. Holland and Germany play 34 matches in a season while England,Spain and France play 38 so how is that a fair measure of Henry's supremacy.
UCL is the only way to test their strength and the all scorers chart can be found here, http://euro.futbal.org/EC1.scorers.php
Ruud is the 3rd here and he has only played half the games Henry has played.

*************I meant Henry has played 16 games more than RUUD in the overall UCL and ruud still leads him with 7 goals on the overall scorers chart.
I think comprehending seems to be difficult for u. The sentence was talking abt Champions league and not the Premeirship.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by nightrider: 7:29pm On Mar 24, 2006
yu didnt state that it was champions league you were talking about. you just said 16 games more, read your post again.

champions league is not the best place to test two quality strikers who play in the same league. if they played in different leagues then it would make sense.

thats because they get different teams from different leagues. and one team might progress more than the other, the champions league is unbalanced.

dwight yorke was once the highest goal scorer in a season in the ucl, does that mean he was the best striker that season.

they both play 38 matches against the same teams , where there is no elimination, undiluted football for 38 mayches against the same 20 teams. and for four consecutive seasons henry has topped vannistelrooy.

whatever you win. i'm tired.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by reyes4eva(m): 7:47pm On Mar 24, 2006
Don't run, mr night creeper,
Number of matches in a season is different from number of appearances and number of cheap penalties taken to add to this goal tally.
Ruud has stopped starting for Man Utd since the 12th of March. Wont this affect ur theory of same player in the same league. Henry also missed some matches and he cldnt play for some time too.
It will be difficult to leave these 2 strikers on the bench if they were to play in UCL cos its a bigger stage. No crap teams play in the UCL. No dubious penalties are awarded like the premiership where fans dictate for the referees.
Am i right?
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by pie1ect(m): 8:36pm On Mar 24, 2006
@Reyes4eva

I suppose you are not an Arsenal fan. You seem to want us to look at both players from your narrow point of view (The UCL), conveniently forgetting that Henry did not start his career as a striker, and even today he is still not being used as an out and out striker in any team.

Very Intriguing character, you are.

I don tire for this topic, tbh. The aim of this thread was defeated ages ago.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by nightrider: 8:55pm On Mar 24, 2006
mr night creeper grin grin grin

you win bros
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by TYPOP(m): 12:41pm On Mar 25, 2006
I'm out.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by Jackal(m): 2:49pm On Mar 25, 2006
End of Discussion.
Even though i won,i think i have lost it.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by comechop(m): 9:08pm On Apr 06, 2006
Where are all those boys that were talking yawa about King Henry I?? Are they watching UEFA and seeing how my boy is the terror of every defender? Men, Henry is a legend. Pure and simple
(abeg o, this is not to start any argument o!!)
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by JosBoy4Lif(m): 9:11pm On Apr 06, 2006
ya where dem dey, c how Buffon dun play arsenal by him self
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by JosBoy4Lif(m): 9:13pm On Apr 06, 2006
comechop:

Where are all those boys that were talking yawa about King Henry I?? Are they watching UEFA and seeing how my boy is the terror of every defender? Men, Henry is a legend. Pure and simple
(abeg o, this is not to start any argument o!!)

more like the terror of the keeper because he dunn beat defence too too much
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by TDH14: 2:26pm On Apr 08, 2006
Come on, man!

Look at Henry, he's the first player to score at least 20 goals in the Premier League for FIVE consecutive seasons.

Then RVN has only got 3 consecutive seasons for at least 20 goals, no more.

Plus, look at this season's stats:

RVN: 30 games, 21 goals.
Henry: 25 games 21 goals.

Henry is clearly the superior striker. And unlike RVN, contributes numerous assists. Especially 20 in the 02-03 season.

Oh, I forgot to mention that Henry can make what might look like a difficult goal look very easy. RVN only scores goals, but doesn't have the composure and anticipation needed of a striker.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by TDH14: 2:30pm On Apr 08, 2006
And had Henry started as a striker and not as a winger, he would have scored much more than RVN.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by Priscila(f): 2:43pm On Apr 08, 2006
Who is comparing that man who has formed butt print on bench with Henry the Igwee?
Even sir ALEX is not trusting him as much he prefers sAHA.

hIS MAJESTY KING HENRY -THE FIELD MARSHAL AND CONQUEROR OF ENGLAND SOCCER EMPIRE

the reigning premiership top scorer!,
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by Jackal(m): 3:28pm On Apr 08, 2006
Ya Talk is cheap.
Van Nistelrooy has featured in 30 games but he hasn't started in all the 30 games.
Ur statistics are absolutely wrong.
Why hasn't Henry justify himself as a KING at the big stage(UEFA Champions League) yet?
Maybe he is a local champion. RVN has been crowned the king of Europe 3 times in the last 5 season.(What a record?)
RVN is the 1st player to score 10 goals in the history of UEFA. He broke his own record to score 14 goals in the season after.
He is the modern day striker. I can't wait for him to score against Lehmann 2mrw.
Henry might be the king but RVN is tha god of goals.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by hucarson(m): 3:41pm On Apr 08, 2006
@ Jackal.
Don't mind 'em buncha fuckeries.
They know nuthing about statistics before they open their mouth.
RVN always outscore Henry in any competiton they have BOTH featured in. EURO 2004 was a classic example.
Henry always have the advantage of playing more matches in the Premiership because his team is a small-sized squad. There's no competiton for his shirt.
Thierry must play whether he is fit or un-fit. RVN on the other hand doesn't get to play/start matches as much as Henry does because Man Utd has a larger squad.

United possess a more potent strike force in SAHA,ROONEY,RONALDO,ROSSI,SOLSKJAER and RVN. The Gunners on the other hand can only boast of HENRY,REYES,VAN PERSIE and Grandpa BERGKAMP.
So what do y'all expect?
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by Priscila(f): 3:48pm On Apr 08, 2006
hucarson
I detest your insulting language and stop before you become persona non-grata!
Put your point very clearly without using such language pls! and its prohibited,

Keep on bickering till thy kingdom come.

I wonder why its only you insulting people on this forum. Remember under age also access the forum.

hey! what has infuriated you that much? its a forum and blablabla,
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by hucarson(m): 3:55pm On Apr 08, 2006
Don't take it personal.
United hasn't won the game yet.
Why the bad-blood?
Conserve ur muscles and energy for 2mrw.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by Priscila(f): 4:01pm On Apr 08, 2006
Hucarson
we have made up pal. Dont be that bitter again
Yes its fever pitch but lets control ourselves! eeh
we break up we make up. Normal
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by hucarson(m): 4:10pm On Apr 08, 2006
Well said sis.
U are the most sensible gunner out there.
Win or Lose, we r just fans,ain't it?
Have a lovely weekend.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by sage(m): 5:00pm On Apr 08, 2006
RVN is the better out and out striker
Henry is the better all round player
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by hucarson(m): 5:12pm On Apr 08, 2006
word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by comechop(m): 11:30pm On Apr 10, 2006
I thought i said I didnt want anymore arguments here? Who is daring to open his mouth to talk nonsense about His Majesty The Legend The Igwe I of Soccer, Thierry Henry? C'mon Sit down there OR,
haha just joking. But seriously tho', Henry na baba
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by nightrider: 8:32am On May 08, 2006
who compared Ruud van nistelrooy to thierry henry.

Ok come out , lift up your shamed head let me send it back down.

HE IS THE KING OF THE PREMIERSHIP< VAN NISTELROOY CAN"T LICK HIS BOOTS

Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by Skintite(f): 9:16am On May 08, 2006
Ha ha ha cheesy cheesy cheesy

well said my friend kiss
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by hucarson(m): 12:48pm On May 08, 2006
@ Nightrider,
I thought this thread has ended.
Theres nuthing to be ashamed of here.
Henry scored 27 goals and Ruud scored 21 goals,ain't it?
Dont be surprised Henry has started in 32 Premiership matches while RVN has started in just 28 Premiership matches.
If Ruud had started/featured in those 4 matches then he would have pipped Henry to clinch the golden boot.
Check the stats: Henry joined Arsenal in august 1999 and has scored 200 odd goals
                           Ruud joined Utd in august 2001 and has scored 160 goals.
Can u spot the difference?
Ruud is the god of goalz.

P.S. Ruud netted 31 goals in 34 games at PSV in 99/2000 to win the golden boot in Holland. He scored another 29 goals in 34 games to clinch anutha golden boot the following season before joining Man Utd. He's been doing the scoring business with style n grace b4 he moved to England so he is #1.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by nightrider: 1:11pm On May 08, 2006
hucarson please don't mention dutch league when you talk of goal scoring. evry mini good striker scores above 30 there. i'm ashamed Van nistelrooy couldn't manage more goals.

klaas jan huntelaar has scored 35 goal already, even chelsea misfit kezman scored above 30 goals. ronaldo scored 30, so did bergkamp. so please don't mention dutch league. If i reach there i'm sure i'll score at least 38 in 36 matches.

what matches are you saying RVN missed. did he miss them through injury or abi was he just benched grin

don't forget that henry was out with injury and ruud van nistelrooy led henry with 9 clear goals.

To show you how crappy van nisterooy is theirry dashed him a nine goal lead (KAI) upon that he still couldn't win golden boot. apparently this VAN has got no engine

Fergie was looking for a striker that could match henry's knack for carrying arsenal on his shoulders. He tried ruud. He did gra gra that first season after that he got extinguished by the breath of theirry henry.

In the last four seasons my boy has scored above 25 goals. which striker in the world can match that level of consitency. NAME HIM.

ruud is not in the class or calibre of theirry henry.Henry is a legend and I'm very sure that RUUD VAN NISTELROOY HAS A POSTER OF THIERRY HENRY IN HIS BEDROOM
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by hucarson(m): 2:00pm On May 08, 2006
Dutch League is tough and all the players u have mentioned are top-class.
If Henry had joined Chelsea with his dismal performance in his debut season at highbury,Mourinho wld have also kicked him out.
Henry cldn't find the net in his first 11 odd matches so dont crucify Kezman.
The point is, Ruud carried his attacking prowess in the Dutch league into the Premiership with ease.
He is the 1st striker to score at least a goal in 10 consecutive matches in the Premiership. Your Igwe is yet to break that astounding record so Ruud is no fluke.

Nistelrooy wasn't injured. Ferguson left him on the bench for his own malicious reasons.
We have analysed the theory of the bench in both teams. Arsenal's squad is small and Wenger cannot afford to bench Henry-fit or unfit.
Such is United's squad that even legends sometimes sit on the bench. Beckham,Andy Cole,Cantona and Sheringham etc have all sat on the bench at various times in their stay at OT. It's no big deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do u really think Ruud wld sit on the bench if he was playing at Arsenal? The answer is HELL NO.
Sometimes the team u play for determines ur number of appearances.
Had Shaun Wright-Phillips joined Arsenal, he wld have featured in all 38 games for Arsenal debarring injury/suspension.
In Chelsea,he struggled to start in 10 matches throughout the season and is yet to score a goal for Chelsea.
Does it mean he is crap? Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Henry has not scored more than 25 goals in the last 4 seasons in the premiership. Dont mis-inform the public.

2004/05-----------31 starts-------25 goals
2003/04-----------37 starts-------30 goals
2002/03-----------33 starts-------24 goals
2001/02-----------23 starts-------24 goals

He has only done so once(2003/04) as u can see.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by nightrider: 2:47pm On May 08, 2006
i'm including champions league in my 25 goal statement.

even if i exclude champions league.

2 season ago - 30 goals
one season ago- 25
this season - 27 goals.

his minimum is 25 goals. RVN can't top that. Is it not the same league they are playing, why hasn't he won golden boot since if he is so good.

You're not a realistic person. Besides rvn is on his way out of old trafford on his way to oblivion , henry can only go to barca.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by hucarson(m): 3:05pm On May 08, 2006
@ Nightrider,
They play the same league.
RVN will top 25 goals easily if he gets to start more matches than he has done in the past.
U don't have to be a rocket scientist to know that.
Thatz why he has done exceptionally well for his country because he gets to play more matches for country than club.
Ruud has finished above Henry in all the competitons they have both featured outside the Premiership.
He made Henry bite the dust at EURO 2004 and he out-scored Henry at the recent World Cup qualifyin matches.
What other proof do u need to RESPECT this dude?

Look at 2003/04 for instance, Henry had 37 premiership starts in 38 games.
Henry will not get that kind of luxury in Old Trafford or even in Liverpool.
The squad size is the factor here and not Henry's brilliance or ingenuinity.

Hey, if u think Henry will make 37 starts in 38 la liga games @ Barcelona,then u've got anutha think coming.
In a squad that boasts of Messi, Etoo, Dinho, Maxi Lopez,Guily and Larsson-------Henry will be happy to start in just 20 games in a season.
In Milan, Henry will struggle to start in 15 serie A matches because the competition is tougher in Milan than Arsenal.
Remove Henry's injury then he would have started in 37 matches in Arsenal this season. Isn't that ludacris?

Don't be too hasty to judge RVN.
AC Milan and Real Madrid have shown interests already. Such is the quality of this Dutchman
Besides,its a World Cup year.
Should Ruud finish as the tournament's highest goal scorer,he might be signing a mouth-watering contract this summer in a big club.
Ruud is the best finisher the game has produced this millennium.
Henry is a better player,though!
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by amodu(m): 3:13pm On May 08, 2006
I dont think there should be too much arguement about this issue it is clear to everyone that Thiery Henry is better that Ruud Van Nisterooy, very very clear.

stop argueingggggggggggg
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by hucarson(m): 3:18pm On May 08, 2006
Better at what?
All round play or better out-n-out striker?

My own analysis is:
Ruud is a better finisher. Henry is a better player!!!!!!!!!
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by Skintite(f): 4:47pm On May 08, 2006
@hucs my dear
give up plzzzzzzzz

this thread is like a yr old n u guys still wanna argue? undecided

Niterider, the truth is obvious, so drop it too pal
evryone knows whos better except man u fans!

Tottenham Hotspur Vs Arsenal (2 - 2) On 5th March 2016 / Swansea City Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 21st February 2015 / Liverpool Vs Leicester EFL Cup (5 - 4) pens On 22nd December 2021

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57