Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,638 members, 7,809,398 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:53 AM

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa (208978 Views)

How Easy Is It To Get Belgium Visa For Education / Getting Admission To Study Free In Tbilis Georgia / How Easy is it for a Person with Eu residence to a get a Uk Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by yemmyma: 11:17am On Apr 05, 2012
naijaobi:
Thanks bro. Actually, i was making reference to your earlier posts on transferring to Germany from other shengen countries. That was why i asked if it is advisable to apply directly to Germany. Or is it better to apply to another shengen country and then transfer after one year?
Thanks

It is easier if you apply also directly to Germany, but remember the money in the blocked account. If you can get admission and the money, you will be just fine.
Cultured: @yemmy_ma and other gurus

Please , advise me , my kid brother has 2-2 in accounting , now I want to send him to Europe for M.Sc ,or for a diploma graduate course in "Forensic Accounting" . My question is , which schools in any of the Shenghen countries accept 2-2 for M.Sc , or offers diploma graduate certificate in "Forensic Accounting ? Secondly, I want to know schools there that lectures in English language?

Well, I don't think there are many courses in Accounting in English. But Finance related courses still have chances. e.g. Vienna School of Economics: Masters of Quantitative finance, Aalto University, Finland: Master of Accounting, Master of Finance. Berlin School of Economics and Law: Master of Accounting and Control. Those are the ones i know of.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by naijaobi(m): 11:34am On Apr 05, 2012
yemmy_ma:

It is easier if you apply also directly to Germany, but remember the money in the blocked account. If you can get admission and the money, you will be just fine
Thanks bro. God willing, I can get the money. The issue now is admission.
Thanks
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Nobody: 4:14pm On Apr 05, 2012
Majority of english taught university in Germany is asking english proficiency test like Rhine waal university,they dont waive it

@yemmy
plz,do u knw anoda versity in germany wch d test isnt required or any useful info would be appreciated
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by emmerks(m): 4:27pm On Apr 05, 2012
@yemmy, @p.desmond, all
other experienced contributors
on this thread i need ur
assistance.
Pls i urgently need to write and
pass the toefl ibt exams, it is the
only thing delaying my
admission in a university in
amsterdam. Am in lagos and
dont even know where to write
the exams talkless of passing it.
Am really getting anxious,
because of the limited time i
have. I will appreciate any help.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by emmerks(m): 4:28pm On Apr 05, 2012
please help a brother in need.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 5:37pm On Apr 05, 2012
@emerkes,

I thought i had answered that same question previously? Anywhere if you were in Enugu i would have assisted you regarding the TOEFL Registration, e.t.c fully. But since you are in Lagos i will advise you ask about Exam Masters, i would have given you their number but because of the high fraud/scam on Nairaland, i will advise you search for the Exam Masters which that's were i took mine. Or check out this resource centre since you are in Lagos, please i don't vouche for them coz i haven't been there before, just that i heard they are quite good.
Abimbola Olayiwola
Baltidon Consulting
31 Isheri road opposite
Cetel office ogba
Lagos, Nigeria

Once you have confirmed do come back here to tell us all. God bless you.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by yemmyma: 8:06am On Apr 06, 2012
emmerks: @yemmy, @p.desmond, all
other experienced contributors
on this thread i need ur
assistance.
Pls i urgently need to write and
pass the toefl ibt exams, it is the
only thing delaying my
admission in a university in
amsterdam. Am in lagos and
dont even know where to write
the exams talkless of passing it.
Am really getting anxious,
because of the limited time i
have. I will appreciate any help.

SOrry i don't live in Lagos, but i assume this is not difficult to find in Lagos
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 10:59am On Apr 09, 2012
@emmerks,

I have already told you what you should do. Which School do you intend applying to?

@Nlanders

Happy Easter to you all. Hope to know how you guys celebrated yours. I have sourced the tuition fee, pending till the time its necessary to send in. But there is something a little bit confusing, its about the Visa, what's your success percentage rate if you are to rate the Embassy outcome since the School's immigration consultant told me not to worry that i will be there on time.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Maisuya1: 1:25pm On Apr 09, 2012
Guys any PhD applicant here?

this is a very interesting thread. I hope to apply for phd either in Finance or Management, I have 3.97 in my BSC and a Merit in my Masters from Nottingham, I am dont have any of these english profficiency tests.

can anybody suggest any european country i can apply without these english test?

also assuming i want to take this english test, do you think i can make it without studying (i can humbly say am good in english)?

PLease answer me.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by DisGuy: 2:20pm On Apr 09, 2012
the English tests are pretty straight forward but you might want to practise some just to get used to them or clear the cobwebs
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 5:09pm On Apr 09, 2012
The English proficiency test is not difficult. You might not be needing that because of your level of education attained. I did mine early this year, February to be precise. I too the internet based test (ibt) and got 105 over 220.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by naijaobi(m): 8:03pm On Apr 09, 2012
Mai-suya:
Guys any PhD applicant here?

this is a very interesting thread. I hope to apply for phd either in Finance or Management, I have 3.97 in my BSC and a Merit in my Masters from Nottingham, I am dont have any of these english profficiency tests.

can anybody suggest any european country i can apply without these english test?

also assuming i want to take this english test, do you think i can make it without studying (i can humbly say am good in english)?

PLease answer me.
U know what i mean by the bolded?? Just joking tho

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Nobody: 11:49pm On Apr 09, 2012
@pdesmond,
plz for hw long it takes to register and also to get ur rsult?....i mean Toefl!
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 3:11am On Apr 10, 2012
@Demaejy

The exam is taken more than twice a month. You can register it online at www.ets.org if you have a Mastercard or another. It takes 10 working days for ibt to be out
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Nobody: 8:50am On Apr 10, 2012
p.desmond:
@Demaejy

The exam is taken more than twice a month. You can register it online at www.ets.org if you have a Mastercard or another. It takes 10 working days for ibt to be out

thank you vry much, is some1 gonna choose xam date its sev? And hw much dd u register it?
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 11:46pm On Apr 12, 2012
@Demaejy,

Sorry for my late response, i was gathering what will be needed. You will first of all go to the website, on the top drop-downlist you will see TOEFL ibt, select it, when it opens, you will go to "Select Exam Country" when you select it will show you list of States/Cities in Nigeria that have centers for the Exam, for example of you select Lagos, it will show you maybe something like LASU as the test center. That's how it goes.

So after that you signup according to the simple procedure. If you need anyother assistance let me know. Goodluck.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 13, 2012
p.desmond:
@Demaejy,

Sorry for my late response, i was gathering what will be needed. You will first of all go to the website, on the top drop-downlist you will see TOEFL ibt, select it, when it opens, you will go to "Select Exam Country" when you select it will show you list of States/Cities in Nigeria that have centers for the Exam, for example of you select Lagos, it will show you maybe something like LASU as the test center. That's how it goes.

So after that you signup according to the simple procedure. If you need anyother assistance let me know. Goodluck.

tHank you very much for being replied. Anyway,am vry grateful.
I hv gt d steps u laid, please,hw much dd u do urs...n hw can i get d cheap one? Plz
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 8:37pm On Apr 13, 2012
There is a specific price for TOEFL and that's 175 dollars which is around 28,000 naira. If there is anyother info ask. Remember if someone decides to register for you that might be costlier because he might use he's Credit Card.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Nobody: 10:02am On Apr 14, 2012
p.desmond:
There is a specific price for TOEFL and that's 175 dollars which is around 28,000 naira. If there is anyother info ask. Remember if someone decides to register for you that might be costlier because he might use he's Credit Card.

ya da best, tHankz
I wud lyk to do it in IB...after i might hv paid online,will i gonna pay anoda money at d centre? Hw hard d xam is? And is there any extent of preparatn n wats re lykly questn??
B£ar wt me,too much ??
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 11:47am On Apr 14, 2012
No there won't be any other Payment that you will be making once your Centre, Test Date, e.t.c have been confirmed. Remember that you MUST enter the hall with your International Passport as your Original identification. The Exam is not hard. Although some people pay people to write it for them. But you can buy the test materials and do your studies well. Then you are sure of good score.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Nobody: 2:01pm On Apr 14, 2012
p.desmond:
No there won't be any other Payment that you will be making once your Centre, Test Date, e.t.c have been confirmed. Remember that you MUST enter the hall with your International Passport as your Original identification. The Exam is not hard. Although some people pay people to write it for them. But you can buy the test materials and do your studies well. Then you are sure of good score.

thak you!
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by 2good(m): 10:08am On Apr 15, 2012
futurewise11: I think u are wrong.I got this info from someone in holland.you can work but the timee is restricted to 10hrs per week and u cant work and its not a must that u speak dutch before u get work.but its good you understand the native language.mind you its either you work full time in the summer or part time for 10hrs per week you can't do the same together.its ur employer that will apply for work permit not your school or yourself,which takes 3-4 weeks to come out.there's also black market and there salary is usually high but if your company is caught they will be fine heavily and you may
Loose your residence permit.

Its funny that you're in Nigeria trying to come to the Netherlands where I have been residing and studying for the past 2 years and you seems to know more than me about the regulations and how things work here. Well like a typical Nigerian who want to hear only the good side about life abroad, you are free to believe what ever you want to and I cannot engage you in a discussion because I already know how you reason. Good luck all thesame
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 6:22pm On Apr 16, 2012
@2good my broda,

Longtime since i last heard from you, how is the Netherlands? Please i wish to know the other aspect of their life, like their ladies how they think reason towards black guys & foreigners. How do guys mostly survive apart from anything illegal which i don't ever intend doing. Please do give me better insight as you always does. God bless you.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by 2good(m): 8:29am On Apr 18, 2012
Tundepraise: @2good, i really do appreciate & enjoy d trend of ur brilliant comments here, sir it is on ds note i would request ur candid advice on my on going study plans. I am a graduate of sociology with a CGPA of 4.45 considering my choice of masters in either germany, canada, netherland, russia- any good country with a very cheap tuition fee. Sir, i know there are varing requirements but going by ur suggestions what are d stages involved in securing admission for i am a novice in this regard. How long wld it take me to do d processing, register& write toefl,ELTS if neccessary? I await ur reply on emmanuelilori@gmail.com. Many thanks!

You have a good GPA that can really be of help you. I think you should be able to get some form of scholarship even if its just full tuition only. Try Leiden University because I have a friend that got full tuition scholarship there to study Psychology and her GPA is not up to yours, so its a good place to start. Also I will advice you to take your time to check all the universities you can find in the Netherlands that offer your course of interest, check their scholarship requirements and apply. Don't let anyone discourage you as the worst case scenario is that the school won't give you the scholarship but at thesame time, if you don't try by applying there is no hope of getting any form of funding.I took interest in your post because you have the best resources(high GPA) for getting a scholarship. I study Petroleum Engineering, so I cant be of very good help to you here other than what I have typed above. Also please avoid Russia and your life will not be safe there. The best way to get information lies in you taking your time to search for schools and applying to them yourself. The information you will get from people is superficial compared to what you will get if you do your personal search.
All the best in your academic pursuit.

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 11:32am On Apr 19, 2012
@2good,

Please am still expecting your advise.

@Nlders in Netherlands, what do you advise according to my previous Q?
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by 2good(m): 6:57pm On Apr 19, 2012
p.desmond:
@2good,

Please am still expecting your advise.

@Nlders in Netherlands, what do you advise according to my previous Q?
Most of your questions are questions that have been answered over and over and you keep on asking them again in a different format. Why are you interested in their ladies? Its gives me the impression that you are not really serious with coming here to study. Most of my Nigerian friends here came here on full scholarship including myself but if you are not on scholarship and not getting funding from your family, then please forget coming here to study. The only Nigerian guy I know that is not on scholarship here in the Netherlands is frustrated because he has not even been able to get a job due to strict immigration regulations but he's being sustained currently by his folks in Nigeria which is not easy for him. I am being as open as possible about the state of things here. Alot of people will paint life abroad to be very perfect but the truth is that it is not always so. Also, myself and most of my friends got international jobs before graduation because we went to good and reputable schools and got good results. But the story is not always rosy for everybody

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 11:29pm On Apr 27, 2012
@2good, thanks for your advise. I have been busy recently with few activities. Well i dont intend staying in Netherlands that long. Intend changing over to Norway on a 2years BSC Program or Austria which i believe their Tuition Fee is cheaper.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by naijaobi(m): 11:42am On Apr 28, 2012
@pdesmond.. how long does it take to get toefl result..and how doi get it?
thanks
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by Nobody: 1:32pm On Apr 28, 2012
@pdesmond
hw far about ur admission and visa processing?
Hav u paid da money?
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by pdesmond1(m): 7:46pm On Apr 28, 2012
@Demaegy,

Nope i haven't paid yet but will do so next month. Do you have any advise on that?

@Naijaobi,

Check my previous post, i have already explained that.
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by naijaobi(m): 12:25am On Apr 29, 2012
p.desmond:

@Naijaobi,

Check my previous post, i have already explained that.
explained what?? if you dont want to answer my question then keep mute and stop referring me to an unseen post as u claim..
Re: How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa by 2good(m): 1:29pm On Apr 29, 2012
naijaobi:
explained what?? if you dont want to answer my question then keep mute and stop referring me to an unseen post as u claim..

You don't have to insult someone to get them to help you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply)

General New Zealand Student Enquires / Travelling To Canada-part2 / On Vacation: New York City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.