Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Abia Nlc Chairman Escapes Lynching - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Nlc Chairman Escapes Lynching (5241 Views)

Photo Of NLC Chairman's Landcruiser, Same Man Condemning Senators Lol / Rivers APC Chairman Escapes Assassination / Borno ANPP Chairman Escapes Death As Vigilante Burns Down His House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia Nlc Chairman Escapes Lynching by jason123: 2:57am On Jan 12, 2012
Umuahia—Abia State chairman of NLC, Comrade Sylvanus Eyeh, yesterday escaped being lynched by angry workers who accused him of sabotaging ongoing nationwide strike in the state.

Eyeh and other labour leaders had scheduled to hold their first rally in the state and directed the workers to assemble at the School Road Primary School for its commencement.

It was gathered that while the workers were waiting, Eyeh and other labour leaders, including the TUC chairman, were invited to Government House by Governor Theodore Orji who appealed to them to shelve the rally and protest for fear that it would be hijacked by hoodlums alleged to have infiltrated the state.

The labour leaders were said to have promised the governor that although they could not unilaterally call off the strike, since it was a national issue, the rally would be called off.

However, on arrival at the venue of the rally, where the other workers were already waiting for it to commence, Eyeh and his colleagues announced that it had been put off and asked them to go home.

But, apparently infuriated by the alleged double-speak of their leader, the workers descended on him.

It was said that luck, however, was on his side as he managed to escape in an unmarked vehicle but not without some beating by the irate mob.

The nationwide strike flopped in the state as labour has not held any rally since the protest began on Monday.

Meanwhile, Umuahia and Aba branches of NBA have thrown their weight behind the protest and called on the Federal Government to revert the pump price of petrol to N65.

According to the NBA, removal of fuel subsidy should be done in phases, as the removal this time amounts “to a coup against Nigerians.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/abia-nlc-chairman-escapes-lynching/
Re: Abia Nlc Chairman Escapes Lynching by dagboss(m): 9:21am On Jan 12, 2012
I thought some lunatics on Nairaland said its a South West (Yoruba) protest. We are following everything with keen interest we shall see who will laugh last.
Re: Abia Nlc Chairman Escapes Lynching by Nobody: 9:23am On Jan 12, 2012
WHY THEY JUST DEY ESCAPE NA?

THE GUY SUPPOSE GET THE BEATING OF HIS LIFE THERE

THESE KIND OF PEOPLE ARE TRAITORS.

NO ONE KNOWS THE AMOUNT OF MONEY THE GOVERNOR DON PROMISE OR GIVE AM IN EXCHANGE OF CANCELLING THE PROTEST

TRAITORS
Re: Abia Nlc Chairman Escapes Lynching by victorazy(m): 9:23am On Jan 12, 2012
No one should be exempted
Re: Abia Nlc Chairman Escapes Lynching by destinedtee(m): 9:25am On Jan 12, 2012
wow!
Re: Abia Nlc Chairman Escapes Lynching by karlmax2: 9:25am On Jan 12, 2012
ason123:
Umuahia—Abia State chairman of NLC, Comrade Sylvanus Eyeh, yesterday escaped being lynched by angry workers who accused him of sabotaging ongoing nationwide strike in the state.

Eyeh and other labour leaders had scheduled to hold their first rally in the state and directed the workers to assemble at the School Road Primary School for its commencement.

It was gathered that while the workers were waiting, Eyeh and other labour leaders, including the TUC chairman, were invited to Government House by Governor Theodore Orji who appealed to them to shelve the rally and protest for fear that it would be hijacked by hoodlums alleged to have infiltrated the state.

The labour leaders were said to have promised the governor that although they could not unilaterally call off the strike, since it was a national issue, the rally would be called off.

However, on arrival at the venue of the rally, where the other workers were already waiting for it to commence, Eyeh and his colleagues announced that it had been put off and asked them to go home.

But, apparently infuriated by the alleged double-speak of their leader, the workers descended on him.

It was said that luck, however, was on his side as he managed to escape in an unmarked vehicle but not without some beating by the irate mob.

The nationwide strike flopped in the state as labour has not held any rally since the protest began on Monday.

Meanwhile, Umuahia and Aba branches of NBA have thrown their weight behind the protest and called on the Federal Government to revert the pump price of petrol to N65.

According to the NBA, removal of fuel subsidy should be done in phases, as the removal this time amounts “to a coup against Nigerians.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/abia-nlc-chairman-escapes-lynching/

SW media propoganda there is peace in abia people are going about there business
Re: Abia Nlc Chairman Escapes Lynching by hollandis(f): 9:27am On Jan 12, 2012
I nearly slapped an igbo man last week when he said the strike should not hold.People had to beg me.sometimes ibo people are so blind to other things except money.he should have been lynched
Re: Abia Nlc Chairman Escapes Lynching by atasteve: 9:30am On Jan 12, 2012
But why are these people behaving this way, selling the mandate of the people.
Re: Abia Nlc Chairman Escapes Lynching by Nobody: 9:31am On Jan 12, 2012
what can i say. . .if there was an se in egypt, tunisia, libya their  dictatos would still be sitting pretty .

when this is over, we will remember those who did not stand up to be counted

though its no surprise, i mean orji is still governor. nuff said.
Re: Abia Nlc Chairman Escapes Lynching by mcnepow(m): 9:37am On Jan 12, 2012
wen I cried 'sabotage' on d thread wia he asked workers to resume duty, people said I was talking rubbish. The bastard doesn,t know wat good governance is. I wonder why southeast states dey drag their foot after giving jona massive votes n he aint representing properly. Let him fight corruption, then we kan trust him wit subsidy moni.
Re: Abia Nlc Chairman Escapes Lynching by ReachRich(m): 9:41am On Jan 12, 2012
Thats 1 thing the governor is gud at,bribing his way tru in all situations.
Re: Abia Nlc Chairman Escapes Lynching by nku5: 9:46am On Jan 12, 2012
Quote from oyb:
what can i say. . .if there was an se in egypt, tunisia, libya their  dictatos would still be sitting pretty .

@ oyb - your post is very cryptic but are u saying that abians shud "overthrow their governor"? Abeg clarify cos it sounds very comical from here, I don't want to jump to conclusions
Re: Abia Nlc Chairman Escapes Lynching by Nobody: 9:51am On Jan 12, 2012
nku5:

Quote from oyb:

@ oyb - your post is very cryptic but are u saying that abians shud "overthrow their governor"? Abeg clarify cos it sounds very comical from here, I don't want to jump to conclusions

is orji not one of the most useless governors in history?

was he not relected?

if y'all could not get your sheet together to save your state, small wonder the SE cannot get its sheet together to face a contemptuos fg

what makes it even funnier is that fuel always costs more in the SE. so now, with 141, you guys will be paying 200+. and your states are mostly civil service states. enjoy your reduced standard of living. that shoprite in enugu will go bust from lack of patronage sad - your purchasing power will have been double shafted
Re: Abia Nlc Chairman Escapes Lynching by Yeske2(m): 9:53am On Jan 12, 2012
How would they have allowed him escape just like that.
Re: Abia Nlc Chairman Escapes Lynching by LEXYLOV: 9:58am On Jan 12, 2012
I said it before and many time repeating the same thing. I'm not an igbo man, But I have a lots of ibo friends what i understand from the igbo community political is that, most of their leader are biased. They don't normally speaks their peoples mind except few of them. Once they can get bag of money/contracts/position in return, they will do anything to support that particular move irrespective of the consequences. Igbos are Nigerians whatever happen to Nigeria at the moment is their concern too. Why they will not protest or angry when its sure that the situation will affect them too. Unless some idiots NL tribal/religious craps spreading fake news like a virus. Let igbo forget about this Badluck Jonathan, he is not an igbo in the first place, let them bring out a credible candidate from their midst and we will all support it.
Re: Abia Nlc Chairman Escapes Lynching by nku5: 10:05am On Jan 12, 2012
@ oyb - bigotry no be food o! Is it only abia state that has "re-elected" nonsense governors? After all obj's crap was he not "re-elected" to lead us to where we are today. I'm not going to get into "my region vs your region" with u . There are too many things to deal with, if u haven't noticed there is a mini-revolution going on. If you like keep praying for eastern endeavours like shoprite to fail, your curses will never amount to anything but rather you should be careful what u wish upon other ppl. The south east is gradually finding its bearing in this protest just watch and see
Re: Abia Nlc Chairman Escapes Lynching by Nobody: 10:15am On Jan 12, 2012
nku5:

@ oyb - bigotry no be food o! Is it only abia state that has "re-elected" nonsense governors? After all obj's crap was he not "re-elected" to lead us to where we are today. I'm not going to get into "my region vs your region" with u . There are too many things to deal with, if u haven't noticed there is a mini-revolution going on. If you like keep praying for eastern endeavours like shoprite to fail, your curses will never amount to anything but rather you should be careful what u wish upon other ppl. The south east is gradually finding its bearing in this protest just watch and see

i hope you're right, because the SE has been falling hand. 

If you like keep praying for eastern endeavours like shoprite to fail, your curses will never amount to anything but rather you should be careful what u wish upon other ppl

i am not wishing on shopriet to fail. i am pointing out that if the removal is not reversed, people in enugu will have a LOT LESS DISPOSABLE INCOME. that means less business for shoprite.
Re: Abia Nlc Chairman Escapes Lynching by nku5: 10:24am On Jan 12, 2012
@oyb -just dey thank your God say dem never turn your region to "red zone" like they turned the se. In onitsha there is a checkpoint every few metres and the slightest squeak of noise in the name of protest always ends in a bloodbath. Secondly our leadership has always been d worst. Enugu state governor orders everybody to work and suddenly the NLC leader in enugu state is whisked away gestapo style. I thank God that people are starting to dare the powers that be. This morning I got feedback on BB that owerri was waking up with their own marches. We never get freedom like una for south west but na small small. Just watch and see
Re: Abia Nlc Chairman Escapes Lynching by mcnepow(m): 10:35am On Jan 12, 2012
nku5:

@oyb -just dey thank your God say dem never turn your region to "red zone" like they turned the se. In onitsha there is a checkpoint every few metres and the slightest squeak of noise in the name of protest always ends in a bloodbath. Secondly our leadership has always been d worst. Enugu state governor orders everybody to work and suddenly the NLC leader in enugu state is whisked away gestapo style. I thank God that people are starting to dare the powers that be. This morning I got feedback on BB that owerri was waking up with their own marches. We never get freedom like una for south west but na small small. Just watch and see
Re: Abia Nlc Chairman Escapes Lynching by Nobody: 10:51am On Jan 12, 2012
nku5:

my sincere apologies embarassed embarassed embarassed

the fg sponsored gej brigade have been spin and spelling the silence of the SE as support for GEJ, rather than govt oppression
Re: Abia Nlc Chairman Escapes Lynching by nku5: 10:53am On Jan 12, 2012
@ oyb - nothing do you
Re: Abia Nlc Chairman Escapes Lynching by asorocker: 11:22am On Jan 12, 2012
Fellow Nigerians and their Hypocrisy, they have time to villify and attack their fellows , experts at laying blame and passing bucks but never good at proffering solutions.
The same subsidy has been removed from Ghana , Niger and Chad and fuel is currently more expensive in those locales, why do you want to remove the fleck that is in the eyes of the South easterners without removing the electric poles that is in your eyes.
The people you pointed at Egypt , Tunisia, and Libya demonstrated to remove Tyrants and dictators, check through the history of Nigerians the tyrants and dictators that ruled Nigeria from the onset.

Yakubu Gowon 1966 - 1976   deputised by Awolowo
Buhari 1984 - 1985 deputised by Tunde Idiagbon
Ibrahim Babangida 1984 to 1993 deputised by Aikhomu
Abacha   1993 to 1998 deputized by Oladipo Diya

The Same lunatics that benefited from the wrong structure and corruption in the oil indutry are the same people opposing the removal of Oil subsidy

with the above figures , who is really fooling who ? do we have to go through this over and over again , you can check through those that benefited from Haliburton Scandal and Siemens Scandal and tell me the same are not the people opposing the fuel price increase.

Yesteryears their cry was for an SNC even when there was no BokoHaram but today even with Bokoharam and crises in the north their cry is for subsidy to remain and for Jonathan to resign.

Fellow Nigerians these set of people have had opportunities to redress the imballance from 1960 till date but made U turns at the last minute .

In 1966 they came with their Operation Wetie and when igbos chorused with with Operation Damisa , these same people made a U turn and rather than continue with Operation Wetie  made a U turn to join the same Hausa Fulani oppressors and  rather remain neutral the rather gave their land lagos and joined the North to fight to south.

In 1993 when the whole world was jolted by the annulment of the June 12 presidential election these same lunatics joined the Government of Abacha as Vice President (Oladipo Diya ) they Upstaged and back stabbed their Kinsman Chief Shonekan who was brought in to redress the annulment of the june 12 election.
By 1995 they were caught planning to upstage  Abacha.

Fellow Nigerians don not be deceived , They have come with their usual Antics in the form of fighting subsdiy removal as at yesterday they were singing Jonathan must go . The value subsidy above human rights , They never protested the killings in jos and the recent victimisation of christians in the North. They are only selfish and self centered fighting over =N=75 subsidy. The same people are waiting and hoping that the crises will escalate and possibly force Jonathan to resign and replace Jonathan with Buhari and Bakare as his voice.

Fellow Nigerians do no be deceived , it is everyman to his own as some people are fighting for Subsidy , The niger Delta should fight for resource control and the South East should fight for their Biafra while the North can fight for Boko Haram and sharia with the Middle belters fighting for their political emancipation.

The issue of Sunsidy is not the biggest Issue troubling Nigeria
Re: Abia Nlc Chairman Escapes Lynching by Nobody: 11:27am On Jan 12, 2012
I dont know whats wrong with these ibo men.
Re: Abia Nlc Chairman Escapes Lynching by karlfon: 11:41am On Jan 12, 2012
people do not no the reason why the Eastern Governors did not want their people to pretest the removal of fuel subsidy, The reason is very Simple, they did not want another Civil war, all Igbos are not happy of the Killing of Igbos in the North, if Igbos took to the street in the name of Removal of Oil subsidy, the target will be mosque and where they will see the Northerners, it will no longer be protest of oil subsidy, you will see Guns and cutlass on the street.

But some people are here running their month, they don't know what they are trying to prevent.
Re: Abia Nlc Chairman Escapes Lynching by Ngwakwe: 11:44am On Jan 12, 2012
Forget about unfortunate SWers in the East trying to force their will against the majority and accusing others of weakness. The bottom line is that nobody is stopping the protest in Owerri but go and see where they want to block one road with a maximum of ten to twenty people. The protest is boring and nobody is interested
Re: Abia Nlc Chairman Escapes Lynching by donobi(m): 12:32pm On Jan 12, 2012
They should follow him to his house & give him the beating of his life so that ill teach the lesson of his life on how not to betraye people. Idiot leader.
Re: Abia Nlc Chairman Escapes Lynching by silibaba: 1:03pm On Jan 12, 2012
sharrrrapppp your dirty yoruba mouth
Re: Abia Nlc Chairman Escapes Lynching by dayokanu(m): 5:08pm On Jan 12, 2012
nku5:

We need voices like you to be louder on this forum, We always have the impression from the vocal few SEasterners that you guys are ok with the current regime and infact every oppresive regime in this country for the past 20yrs

I beg my bros speak out more and dont let the sychophants silence you
Re: Abia Nlc Chairman Escapes Lynching by slam7000(m): 7:14pm On Jan 12, 2012
Quote from hollandis,  Re: Abia Nlc Chairman Escapes Lynching « #6 on: Today at 09:27:23 AM »  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I nearly slapped an igbo man last week when he said the strike should not hold.[b]People had to beg me.[/b]sometimes ibo people are so blind to other things except money.he should have been lynched go siddon bugger,who and what stopped you,, opioko, like you, its I.D.O.I.T.S. like you that will set this country on fire with your loose unwashed tongues, jumbo smelly obo like you, you,ll get holed up in your cave with your myopic and narrow minded views of other people, arufuo like you. tongue

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Sealing Diezani Madueke's Home (Photo) / Man Sentenced To Death For Farting In Mosque / "May God Fogive Me" - Buhari’s Supporter Apologises After Seeing His Post (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.