Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,721 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:04 PM

GEJ Summons Fashola And Amaechi To Abuja Over Protest? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Summons Fashola And Amaechi To Abuja Over Protest? (21262 Views)

Police Prevents Wike And Amaechi From Entering Mile One Police Station (Pics) / Senate Summons Fashola Over Falling Bridges / Patience Jonathan And Amaechi Pictured Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ Summons Fashola And Amaechi To Abuja Over Protest? by Mynd44: 2:41pm On Jan 12, 2012
There has been uncomfirmed reports that the Lagos state governor and his counterpart from Rivers state has been summoned to Abuja over protest happening in their respective states. I am not saying this is true but it has been going round and I would love to confirn if it's true or false.
Re: GEJ Summons Fashola And Amaechi To Abuja Over Protest? by hercules07: 2:48pm On Jan 12, 2012
How will he get to Abuja, by road?
Re: GEJ Summons Fashola And Amaechi To Abuja Over Protest? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 12, 2012
All this BB users and their crazy rumour.

How can an elected governor be summoned in a Democracy?
Re: GEJ Summons Fashola And Amaechi To Abuja Over Protest? by muami(m): 2:53pm On Jan 12, 2012
Mynd_44:

There has been uncomfirmed reports that the Lagos state governor and his [b]counterpart from Rivers state [/b]has been summoned to Abuja over protest happening in their respective states. I am not saying this is true but it has been going round and I would love to confirn if it's true or false.
If your story is true, then as long as Rivers state gov is involved, it has nothing to do with protest. The only 'protest' that happened iin Rivers state was very peaceful and coordinated and has now been formally called off.
Re: GEJ Summons Fashola And Amaechi To Abuja Over Protest? by Mynd44: 2:56pm On Jan 12, 2012
Too many rumour these days. I just wanted to be clear on this case
Re: GEJ Summons Fashola And Amaechi To Abuja Over Protest? by OAM4J: 2:57pm On Jan 12, 2012
toba:

All this BB users and their crazy rumour.

How can an elected governor be summoned in a Democracy?

My 1st reaction too seeing the topic. I assume the OP mean Invited.
Re: GEJ Summons Fashola And Amaechi To Abuja Over Protest? by chino11(m): 3:00pm On Jan 12, 2012
FYI: Count Rivers out, the protest is a Yoruba thing. From Anambra to Rivers to Akwa-Ibom to Cross-River to Delta there is no protest against subsidy removal.
Re: GEJ Summons Fashola And Amaechi To Abuja Over Protest? by 1025: 3:04pm On Jan 12, 2012
in fact, i love orji uzor kalu of abia state. he summoned obasanjo when obasanjo summoned him as the gov of abia state.
if at all abuja summon fashola over the protest in lagos, lagos can as well summon badluck over the protest in abuja.
the truth is that badluck is still taking nigerians for granted but i watched saddam hussien took iraqis for granted and gaddahfi took libyans for granted and we know the rest of the stories.
also fresh in my mind is the case of laurent gbagbo and we know where he is now.
ISAIH 56 : 10-11
Re: GEJ Summons Fashola And Amaechi To Abuja Over Protest? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jan 12, 2012
chino11:

FYI: Count Rivers out, the protest is a Yoruba thing. From Anambra to Rivers to Akwa-Ibom to Cross-River to Delta there is no protest against subsidy removal.
bigots like u needs to be gunned down and thrown into the bar beach.

Must an ediot like u tribalise the subject?

Ibo pple will never allow Nigeria move forward hence u will never test power in Nigeria
Re: GEJ Summons Fashola And Amaechi To Abuja Over Protest? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jan 12, 2012
Poster , count rivers state out. There is no protest here. The only problem is the banks are not open for business, asides that, it's business as usual.
Re: GEJ Summons Fashola And Amaechi To Abuja Over Protest? by PointB: 3:14pm On Jan 12, 2012
toba:

bigots like u needs to be gunned down and thrown into the bar beach.

Must an ediot like u tribalise the subject?

Ibo pple will never allow Nigeria move forward hence u will never test power in Nigeria

lol. Ogun State has is about the least developed state in Nigeria, that is where ex-President Obasanjo came from. How about the north that have ruled for over 30 years, can you compare there human development index with that of the Igbos. Nigeria presidency is a CURSE on your people!
Re: GEJ Summons Fashola And Amaechi To Abuja Over Protest? by omenma1(m): 3:19pm On Jan 12, 2012
Rivers State is completely out this case, The Rivers state governor suspended 8 local government chairmen on Monday who did not come to work as usual with the excuse of an ongoing strike. all activities are still on as usual, No protest, just that banks, seaports, airports and some few companies that are not in operation.
Re: GEJ Summons Fashola And Amaechi To Abuja Over Protest? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jan 12, 2012
@pointB have you been to ogun state before or you are just spewing this bullsh!t based on what you have heard from bigots like yourself?
Re: GEJ Summons Fashola And Amaechi To Abuja Over Protest? by Mynd44: 3:30pm On Jan 12, 2012
Thanks y'all
Re: GEJ Summons Fashola And Amaechi To Abuja Over Protest? by ektbear: 3:33pm On Jan 12, 2012
PointB:

Ogun State has is about the least developed state in Nigeria

lol grin grin grin
Re: GEJ Summons Fashola And Amaechi To Abuja Over Protest? by EkoIle1: 3:44pm On Jan 12, 2012
Odeshuku summoned Fashola?

Na medicine hin put for mouth?

Funny shitttt
Re: GEJ Summons Fashola And Amaechi To Abuja Over Protest? by OAM4J: 4:02pm On Jan 12, 2012
Jonathan summons Fashola and Amaechi to Abuja as talks heat up

The president wants the governors to help break the logjam

President Goodluck Jonathan has summoned the Lagos and Rivers state governors to an emergency summit talks this afternoon.

According to a source in the Lagos Chief-of-Staff’s office, Babatunde Fashola and Rotimi Amaechi were asked to drop everything and fly to Abuja on Thursday afternoon as petrol protests heat up across the nation.

The presidential jet was sent to Lagos to pick up Governor Fashola whilst Governor Amaechi flew in the Rivers state official jet. The source was unable to divulge the exact reason why both governors were summoned but revealed that the request came directly from the Presidency.

Rotimi Amaechi is the Chairman of the Governor’s Forum whilst Babatunde Fashola governs the wealthiest and most populous state in the federation.

Earlier, officials of the Presidency had met with Senate and trade union representatives to resolve the impasse over the nationwide strike.

http://premiumtimesng.com/http://premiumtimesng.com/index.php/news/3411-jonathan-summons-fashola-and-amaechi.html
Re: GEJ Summons Fashola And Amaechi To Abuja Over Protest? by manny4life(m): 4:06pm On Jan 12, 2012
hercules07:

How will he get to Abuja, by road?

Umm, I still believe that the airports are opened, take a jet, get to Abuja, president's office will send their Helicopter to pick you up which will land you directly into Aso Rock,
Re: GEJ Summons Fashola And Amaechi To Abuja Over Protest? by megawax8: 4:11pm On Jan 12, 2012
piece of crap, if he summons him wit regards d protest,wat d f*u*ck iz he supposed to do n if he doesnt do it i gues he'll get sum ass whoppin(maybe 24 strokes), *, pls let sum1 remind me wen jonathan joined d military or if we r in a military regime.bullshit!!!
Re: GEJ Summons Fashola And Amaechi To Abuja Over Protest? by POTUT(m): 4:12pm On Jan 12, 2012
The President cannot summon a governor. Both of them are elected. He can urge/invite the governor for a quick chat, something I believe they can still do on the phone given the circumstances.

How will Fashola get to Abuja? The airports are sleeping, except a speedy presidential jet (there are 22 of them) is scrambled asap.

If he goes by road, this makes me uncomfortable.
Re: GEJ Summons Fashola And Amaechi To Abuja Over Protest? by xanadu333: 4:13pm On Jan 12, 2012
Badluck jona is d biggest fool I've ever seen in my entire life. He wnt to call BRF to stop d protest in Lagos and it won't work. We're gonna protest dis badluck out of office. He's nt competent to rule 150m pple. Tooooo weak
Re: GEJ Summons Fashola And Amaechi To Abuja Over Protest? by ifeci: 4:17pm On Jan 12, 2012

Stupid eediot, its people like you that we need to weed out of this country.
Re: GEJ Summons Fashola And Amaechi To Abuja Over Protest? by jason123: 4:19pm On Jan 12, 2012
ifeci:

silly eediot, its people like you that we need to weed out of this country.

Supported!

@the tribalist:
Now that the news has been confirmed, what do you lot have to say?? SHAME!
Re: GEJ Summons Fashola And Amaechi To Abuja Over Protest? by victorazy(m): 4:20pm On Jan 12, 2012
What am my doing in here?
Re: GEJ Summons Fashola And Amaechi To Abuja Over Protest? by ifeci: 4:21pm On Jan 12, 2012
piece of crap, if he summons him wit regards d protest,wat d f*u*ck iz he supposed to do n if he doesnt do it i gues he'll get sum Bottom whoppin(maybe 24 strokes), *, pls let sum1 remind me wen jonathan joined d military or if we r in a military regime.bullshit!!!

jona obviously doesn't even know the constitution, the guy is so dull, he doesn't know his powers and the limits
Re: GEJ Summons Fashola And Amaechi To Abuja Over Protest? by gregg2: 4:22pm On Jan 12, 2012
@Poster
There are no protests in Port Harcourt.
Maybe Amechi was summoned in his capacity as
Chairman of Nigeria's governors forum.
Re: GEJ Summons Fashola And Amaechi To Abuja Over Protest? by Pa22(m): 4:24pm On Jan 12, 2012
But there's been no protest in Rivers State na!
Re: GEJ Summons Fashola And Amaechi To Abuja Over Protest? by DAY12(m): 4:25pm On Jan 12, 2012
Fash suld just tell badluck to go to hell!  angry

[img]http://www.freesmileys.org/custom/image/redmad%5E_%5Everdana%5E_%5E3%5E_%5E3%5E_%5ENo to Fuel Subsidy%5E_%5E.gif[/img]
Re: GEJ Summons Fashola And Amaechi To Abuja Over Protest? by Funkymallam(m): 4:26pm On Jan 12, 2012
They were invited due to their influence and diff party rep to join FG in negotiating with labour.
Sure d presidential jet will fly BRF while RA will fly on d Rivers govt jet.
Jet tins u knw grin cheesy
Re: GEJ Summons Fashola And Amaechi To Abuja Over Protest? by najoke: 4:26pm On Jan 12, 2012
Jona is getting dumber and dumber like Beef,Leomax and friends
Re: GEJ Summons Fashola And Amaechi To Abuja Over Protest? by Beaf: 4:27pm On Jan 12, 2012
I don't know why people talk stup!dly.
The President can summmon anybody in Nigeria, governer or hunter, democracy or not.

Amaechi is the leader of the governors forum and Fashola's state is the most restless, so it makes sense. Maybe a curfew is about to be levied on Lagos.
Re: GEJ Summons Fashola And Amaechi To Abuja Over Protest? by Goddex: 4:29pm On Jan 12, 2012
gregg2:

@Poster
There are no protests in Port Harcourt.
Maybe Amechi was summoned in his capacity as
Chairman of Nigeria's governors forum.

Rivers is very calm.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Picture Of Buhari & Ojukwu / If A Nobody Contests Against Buhari In 2019, Buhari Will Lose – Fayose / Middle Belt Youths Give Herdsmen Quit Notice To Vacate Region Before October 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.