Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,216 members, 7,829,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

Ojukwu’s Burial: Massob Declares Sit-at-home Order - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu’s Burial: Massob Declares Sit-at-home Order (9902 Views)

MASSOB Declares June 8 Sit-at-home, Demands Rev. King’s Release / Never Seen Pictures Of Ojukwu's Burial / Ta Orji Disgraced At Aba During Ojukwu Burial Rites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu’s Burial: Massob Declares Sit-at-home Order by studyineu: 9:42pm On Jan 12, 2012
Yourobas are becoming even more tribalistic than the hausa these days. That's what hunger causes
Re: Ojukwu’s Burial: Massob Declares Sit-at-home Order by ak47mann(m): 9:44pm On Jan 12, 2012
SE is peacefull activities are going on there,my cousin told me that capital oil is giving free kerosene in nnewi and onitsha,infact nnewi is bubbling right now boys from all over the world are back in SE enjoying,their is a wedding these weekend in enugu,things are happining ikembas funeral is gonna be big, ikemba T shirts cups,mini statues are selling like hot cake in SE,my friends from Diaspora's are at home enjoying beautiful clubs and joints SE is hot right now couple with igbo returnees from northern states everybody is doing their thing moving on.
Re: Ojukwu’s Burial: Massob Declares Sit-at-home Order by zebudaya(m): 9:46pm On Jan 12, 2012
manny4life:

Like seriously, why are you guys giving into these haters and their cohorts? Why do they seek attention on Igbo matters? To be honest, the more you reply this folks, the worse this thread go awry, my own is ignore them, They say, silence is the best answer for fools.

If I see a Bluetooth or DayoKanu post. I immediately skip over what they wrote and read the next comment. First off, they are both tribalists. Bluetooth is silly and mostly makes silly comments. DayoKanu is silly and mostly makes silly comments. He also keeps using the word "Retardeen" to describe our President. I don't understand that.

As per the stay at home. Those who want to should do it, and those who want to go to work should go to work. Free country.

Die Haters Die.
Re: Ojukwu’s Burial: Massob Declares Sit-at-home Order by studyineu: 9:46pm On Jan 12, 2012
@ak47man, u need to be here, enough grooving dey Trust us na. SE no de dull at all.
Re: Ojukwu’s Burial: Massob Declares Sit-at-home Order by ak47mann(m): 9:50pm On Jan 12, 2012
i dey go home soon most of my friends are in east coast noting dey happen,having fun some even call me 2day i can hear music and cars driving about,they told me am missing,
studyineu:

@ak47man, u need to be here, enough grooving dey Trust us na. SE no de dull at all.
Re: Ojukwu’s Burial: Massob Declares Sit-at-home Order by studyineu: 9:53pm On Jan 12, 2012
@ak47man, Broda cum bak ooo, even I enta aba 2day de place just de hot like die. E get one new club wey make sense dem dey call Icons Lodge. Broda na u fit groove be de issue here. Dey way things dey happen here u go doubt say strike dey. Life is sweet broda
Re: Ojukwu’s Burial: Massob Declares Sit-at-home Order by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jan 12, 2012
zebudaya:

If I see a Bluetooth or DayoKanu post. I immediately skip over what they wrote and read the next comment. First off, they are both tribalists. Bluetooth is silly and mostly makes silly comments. DayoKanu is silly and mostly makes silly comments. He also keeps using the word "Retardeen" to describe our President. I don't understand that.

As per the stay at home. Those who want to should do it, and those who want to go to work should go to work. Free country.

Die Haters Die.

Zebudaya the comedian.Who are you to issue fatwa on me,are you onlylies in disguise ?
Re: Ojukwu’s Burial: Massob Declares Sit-at-home Order by dayokanu(m): 9:56pm On Jan 12, 2012
[size=18pt]My Igbo people "how markate"[/size]
Re: Ojukwu’s Burial: Massob Declares Sit-at-home Order by zebudaya(m): 9:57pm On Jan 12, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Zebudaya the comedian.Who are you to issue fatwa on me,are you onlylies in disguise ?

That was funny. Good one grin grin
Re: Ojukwu’s Burial: Massob Declares Sit-at-home Order by studyineu: 9:58pm On Jan 12, 2012
I have started writing names of people I should ignore their post here on NL cause every of there write up is silly and full of tribalism. Make dem go before dey turn me to a tribalistic
Re: Ojukwu’s Burial: Massob Declares Sit-at-home Order by ak47mann(m): 10:04pm On Jan 12, 2012
studyineu:

@ak47man, Broda precipitate bak ooo, even I enta aba 2day de place just de hot like die. E get one new club wey make sense dem dey call Icons Lodge. Broda na u fit groove be de issue here. Dey way things dey happen here u go doubt say strike dey. Life is sweet broda
true dat!!things are walking as normal,P.H,ASABA,is just like a normal day one of my mate landed through asaba airport the other day, he told me that you will not notice that u are in the same country cool cool
Re: Ojukwu’s Burial: Massob Declares Sit-at-home Order by ak47mann(m): 10:11pm On Jan 12, 2012
capital oil is going to be our next governor in anambra state,this is from the main source,APGA have pass ticket for him to contest in 2014, soon you will hear it on the news cool
Re: Ojukwu’s Burial: Massob Declares Sit-at-home Order by guonno: 10:25pm On Jan 12, 2012
Haters go kill your selves, igbos will give OJUKWU a sit at home. @occam, may u loose your soul in the hands of the enemies (hausa and fulanis) OJUKWU fought.

Re: Ojukwu’s Burial: Massob Declares Sit-at-home Order by Ngodigha1(m): 10:29pm On Jan 12, 2012
dayokanu:

[size=18pt]My Igbo people "how markate"[/size]
Markate has ben bad except for rat poisons which Hawolowo the Yorugba leader drank on his last day on earth.

Re: Ojukwu’s Burial: Massob Declares Sit-at-home Order by Haribo: 10:31pm On Jan 12, 2012
I think that if we look at the bigger picture, Nigeria can use the ongoing strike to teach our leaders who the country really belongs to (It belongs to you and me, for those that are unaware). Fuel subsidy is one thing, but government accountability & transparency is something we have never seen in our country.

The wealth of the nation benefits only a choice few - This fact is the underlying reason that started the Biafran war. ALL Nigerians should be able to enjoy the benefits of citizenry.

It would do us well to keep this in mind as we all debate whether or not the SE/SS or whoever people should support the strike. Bad governance is still scr*ewing Nigerians over daily, subsidy or no subsidy. And yes, Igboland is affected. We should sieze this opportunity to make our leaders do their jobs as our employees.

Anyway, RIP to the late General. He was someone that actually tried to do something to benefit his people. I'm not pro-war, but in a dog-eat-dog place like Naija, a person that can stand up and speak out like that is truly commendable. Let's not let his efforts go to waste.

Just my 2kobo.
Re: Ojukwu’s Burial: Massob Declares Sit-at-home Order by Les: 10:32pm On Jan 12, 2012
studyineu:

@ak47man, Broda precipitate bak ooo, even I enta aba 2day de place just de hot like die. E get one new club wey make sense dem dey call Icons Lodge. Broda na u fit groove be de issue here. Dey way things dey happen here u go doubt say strike dey. Life is sweet broda
aka aja aja na- ebute onu mmanu mmanu. Fun on my Biafran brodas!
Re: Ojukwu’s Burial: Massob Declares Sit-at-home Order by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jan 12, 2012
Ngodigha1:

Markate has ben bad except for rat poisons which Hawolowo the Yorugba leader drank on his last day on earth.

Is it Aba made ? Oya show me your NAFDAC number cuz if na fake e no go kill o.
Re: Ojukwu’s Burial: Massob Declares Sit-at-home Order by TRUTHTELA: 10:34pm On Jan 12, 2012
My people and misplaced priorities. Shame on them!
Re: Ojukwu’s Burial: Massob Declares Sit-at-home Order by ak47mann(m): 10:35pm On Jan 12, 2012
Haribo:

I think that if we look at the bigger picture, Nigeria can use the ongoing strike to teach our leaders who the country really belongs to (It belongs to you and me, for those that are unaware). Fuel subsidy is one thing, but government accountability & transparency is something we have never seen in our country.

The wealth of the nation benefits only a choice few - This fact is the underlying reason that started the Biafran war. ALL Nigerians should be able to enjoy the benefits of citizenry.

It would do us well to keep this in mind as we all debate whether or not the SE/SS or whoever people should support the strike. Bad governance is still scr*ewing Nigerians over daily, subsidy or no subsidy. And yes, Igboland is affected. We should sieze this opportunity to make our leaders do their jobs as our employees.

Anyway, RIP to the late General. He was someone that actually tried to do something to benefit his people. I'm not pro-war, but in a dog-eat-dog place like Naija, a person that can stand up and speak out like that is truly commendable. Let's not let his efforts go to waste.

Just my 2kobo.
good point,apart from subsidy,anything else we will join cool cool
Re: Ojukwu’s Burial: Massob Declares Sit-at-home Order by Ngodigha1(m): 10:39pm On Jan 12, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Is it Aba made ? Oya show me your NAFDAC number cuz if na fake e no go kill o.
The rat poison Hawolowo drank is not made in Nigeria. Have a look at the photograph closely. It's a pity the Yorugbas has not done anything to those who supplied Hawolowo this deadly concotion.
Re: Ojukwu’s Burial: Massob Declares Sit-at-home Order by guonno: 10:46pm On Jan 12, 2012
Hero

Re: Ojukwu’s Burial: Massob Declares Sit-at-home Order by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jan 12, 2012
TRUTHTELA:

My people and misplaced priorities. Shame on them!

Just 3 days for a spoilt brat that caused the death of millions of ibos and you are complaining ? The curfew should be for a month since the evil spirit himself will feed his children.
Ngodigha1:

The rat poison Hawolowo drank is not made in Nigeria. Have a look at the photograph closely. It's a pity the Yorugbas has not done anything to those who supplied Hawolowo this deadly concotion.

Is it Aba made ? Yes or No ?
Re: Ojukwu’s Burial: Massob Declares Sit-at-home Order by studyineu: 10:51pm On Jan 12, 2012
Even if its aba made. Thabk God aba can make person and soon they will make the ones that will kill all tribalistic fools on NL.
Re: Ojukwu’s Burial: Massob Declares Sit-at-home Order by guonno: 10:56pm On Jan 12, 2012
Haters go kill your selves, igbos will give OJUKWU a sit at home. @occam, may u loose ur soul in the hands of the enemies (hausa and fulanis) OJUKWU fought.

Re: Ojukwu’s Burial: Massob Declares Sit-at-home Order by ak47mann(m): 11:06pm On Jan 12, 2012
Re: Ojukwu’s Burial: Massob Declares Sit-at-home Order by Arysexy(m): 11:11pm On Jan 12, 2012
OJUKWU, even in dath, at the mention of ur name, yorigba and hausa trembles! u r a true HERO RIP!
Re: Ojukwu’s Burial: Massob Declares Sit-at-home Order by realchange: 11:26pm On Jan 12, 2012
some yOLEba dried pieces of sheet are at it again. ikemba will be celebrated
Re: Ojukwu’s Burial: Massob Declares Sit-at-home Order by chino11(m): 11:41pm On Jan 12, 2012
Why is it that Yorubas are killing themselves over a well deserved honor on the Ikemba Nnewi? Would it be that because no Yoruba man living and dead has ever attained the height Ojukwu got to, even the FG is very interested in Ojukwu's burial. During xmas I was @ Nnewi and I witnessed heavy FG/State government presence in road re-construction and beautification within and around the city.
Ok, Awaolowoa committed suicide is it the fault of the Igbos? Now why are you guyz so frustrated that Ojukwu will be honored in a grand style that has not been seen in the history of Nigeria.
Re: Ojukwu’s Burial: Massob Declares Sit-at-home Order by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jan 12, 2012
ODIMEGWU. IKEMBA. IKEMBA. IKEMBA. IKEMBA: The great man who saw Tomorrow. You had unconditional love for for us; your people.

I named my son after you.

May your strength flow in him.
May he be selfless toward his people.
May he be ready to defend his people;Rain come, sunshine.

May he never forget his root. Iseeeee.

We will immortalize you. For we shall forever be grateful to you.

Rest in peace. You are in a better place now and may the Lord continue to be with you.
Re: Ojukwu’s Burial: Massob Declares Sit-at-home Order by Wislet(f): 11:50pm On Jan 12, 2012
saw this msg updated.
Pls everyone should be at alert.
Security operatives should be warned.
God save Nigeria.

The msg reads:

Please, instruct your Ministers & all Christians you
know in the North to leave or find safe-havens.
Northern Islamic fundamentalist are planning
JIHAD; Total Massacre of our Brethren in the North,
from Mid-night of tomorrow Friday 13th Jan 2012
while quoting the Qur'an of Surah chpt. 2 : 216, 190, 191 & 195. A lot of NYSC corpers have already been told
by their state coordinators to relocate to nearest
military or police barracks. If this should happen then
Nigeria is on a brink of a Religious Ethnic war.
Re: Ojukwu’s Burial: Massob Declares Sit-at-home Order by ak47mann(m): 11:59pm On Jan 12, 2012
Let me tell you why I think Ojukwu is the unhappiest man today; he is very unhappy because the greatest casualty of the civil war is not those killed; it is not property destroyed, but the death of the spirit of the Igbo-man.
“Forty to fifty years after the war, the Igbo man can’t rise up with courage and say this is my right; let me claim it back; and this is what the spirit of Ojukwu is telling you today; wherever he is today watching you, he will recover tomorrow if he knows that you are going to rise as one people to reassert, once more, the preeminent

position of ndi igbo in Nigeria cool
Re: Ojukwu’s Burial: Massob Declares Sit-at-home Order by SILAKABUWA: 12:09am On Jan 13, 2012
The Real Nigerians

"It is ironic that the removal of fuel subsidy will start the process of uniting this country. Even though I am saddened by the cruel policy of the removal of subsidy, a part of me rejoices by the pictures of unity as in observing Muslims and Christians protesting together, protecting places of worships in Kaduna and some other northern cities. It is quite encouraging.
We now know that some fifth columnist are trying very had to see that Nigeria plunges into a civil war, whatever title or names you give them, we also know that they are not real Muslims or Christians as both religions condemned what they are doing.
These protest days have also given me the opportunity to reflect on a deeper reason why Nigeria must stay ONE. We are too mixed-up to be messed up.
Since we blame our political and religious leaders for the current mess, we all must rise up and speak up, we must reflect on the past, present and future of Nigeria, we must all be sincere and we must all appreciate the uniqueness of our great country Nigeria. In most part of the world, countries are either predominantly Muslims or Christians, or divided into southern part Christians and northern part Muslims, or the countries will be having two major tribes occupying two different zones.
I want all my readers to reflect on this; Nigeria has over 300 ethnic groups, Nigeria is not divided into Muslim north or Christian south (as widely claimed), Nigeria has all religions represented in all the zones.
I dismissed the recent ultimatum given by BH or whoever is using that brand that all Christians should leave the north in 3 days, as a statement issued by someone ignorant of the area. There are indigenous Christian northerners; there is no state in the northern part of Nigeria that does not have indigenous Christians.
Even though we have some few uneducated and ignorant people still believing that the north is all Hausa/Fulani Muslims and the south Ibo/Yoruba Christians, this is far from the truth and realizing that is the beginning to understanding that this country will surely overcome this current plot to destabilize it.
There exist in this country a majority that are so mixed-up by tribe, race, religion and zone that whoever is toying with the idea of breaking up Nigeria should have a serious re-think as to how and what he/she is going to place them. Let's call them the real Nigerians. This mix stretches from the lagoon of Lagos to the heart of the sultanate in Sokoto, from the deserts of Borno to the creeks of Bayelsa.
Let me start home, my mother had a younger sister that married a Christian, she gave birth to Musa, Rebecca, Joyce and co. Musa is currently married to a beautiful woman from Warri, they have two boys that are now citizens of Ireland. The point I am trying to make here is that I am a proud Muslim as Musa and Rebecca are proud Christians, we are cousins by blood and our kids are 2nd cousins and if you read me very well, you will realized that our bloodline has covered the north, south and has even gone across the borders of Nigeria to Ghana and Ireland. And that is just on my maternal side; on my paternal, my late dad had an uncle that left the north in the early years of the last century to the southwest, he settled there and never came back, married and gave birth to Yoruba children. From his loins came Kingsley Olakunle Adams, who I met in Kaduna for the 1st time just 2years ago. Now, how do you separate me from Kingsley?
Mixed-up families like mine are all over Nigeria, whoever wants to break-up this country should think about the following, and have a map of Nigeria close by; a Hausa/Fulani woman from Katsina married an Ibo man from Imo state almost seventy years ago and gave birth to GEN. IKE NWACHUKWU, who had two sisters that married from Yobe and rivers state. IKE NWACHUKWU married a Yoruba woman, and now we have the grandchildren of this REAL NIGERIAN woman having roots in the Southwest, Northeast and Southsouth,Christians and Muslims. Where do you place them if you break up Nigeria?
Sam Nda-Isiah, the kakakin nupe, publisher of Leadership newspapers, a Christian from Niger state is married to a katsina woman whose sister is also married to a Fulani man from Fufore, Adamawa state. Their children are now Muslims Fulani from Adamawa and Christian Nupe from Niger.
I also know of a lot of families in this country with fathers as Muslims and mothers as Christians, siblings belonging to the major faiths, or fathers from the north, mothers from the south and vice-versa etc.
The above examples are not enough; I believe each and every one of us has a story to tell regarding this very issue.
We have all gone to school, at least, made friends. We have colleagues at work from different and divergent backgrounds; we have neighbours and family friends. Our kids go to schools, they have friends, and we meet the parents of their friends at the PTA sometimes. We have business partners and we are continuously striking business deals with people from different backgrounds. My point is, are all these relationships that we have developed over the years useless?
Is there anyone among the readers of this note with an exclusive friends list on facebook of only Christians or Muslims?
Don't we know that God has a purpose for creating us differently and from different places and faith?
What is the use of our education if we can not live and survive in someone else's land? If we can not tolerate or relate to someone from a different land or faith.
Of what benefit will be the restoration of the fuel subsidy if there will be no Nigeria? If there will be no peace to enjoy the subsidy? The killing of innocent souls and destruction of places of worship, the tension and suspicion, the contempt we have for each other, is worse than the removal of fuel subsidy.
We always claim that the behaviours of a few minorities cannot be the yardstick to judge a vast majority. True, but it is high time that vast majotyTrue, but it is high time that vast majority speak up, before we break up. We have to be less emotional and more rational, what good will it be if you don't have a friend from another divide that you can really show and advertise your way of life, your culture and tradition. Most times your way of life, culture and tradition could be accepted and adopted by that friend if you are a true representative.
I honestly think it is an honour to be created this way and in this land with so much mix, it makes me tolerant naturally, it makes me richer in tradition and culture, it makes me comfortable wherever I find myself.
This breed of mixed-up Nigerians should be the bridge to mend our country; they are supposed to be our sources of strength. They need to step out and speak up before some few inconsiderate ones mess us up.
I grew up with chinedu and ndubusi in the same family house, went to school with funsho, ebisinimi etete, had fun with willie uduak, waxed some rap tunes with Oluwole Oniye while growing up, have kingsley adams, musa aboki, andy ikilama as cousins. I am currently working and living the Nigerian dream with Maureen, Nimi, Victor, Joel and Lucky. It does not make me less a Muslim or them lesser in Christianity. Our unity is in our diversity. And our love for each other knows no bound and there is absolutely nothing anybody can do about it.
It is just that we are truly REAL NIGERIANS!
If you are like me, if this note applies to you or someone you know, please tell us your story and repost this note on your wall so that the evil doers will know that they have failed as 9ja is 2mixed-up, 2b messed up."

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NJC Dismisses Four Petitions Against Justice Okon Abang / Buhari’s Return Has Stabilised Polity – Orji Kalu / Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu Submits List Of State That Make Up Biafra To United Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.